Is Jesus Christ (Michael the Archangel)?

13»

Comments

• Truth
    Truth Posts: 521
    edited November 2021

>>The point in that passage isn't worship, it is that Thomas addressed Jesus as God"

What Bible are you and others reading?? None (!!) of the Bibles (Greek NT and English, German, French & Spanish translations) has anything about Thomas addressing Jesus with his exclamation.

??!

Then Jesus said to Thomas,

“Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” 

Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!” 

Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

This passage could not be more clear. Are you really going to tell me Thomas was not addressing Jesus?

Here are a couple randomly picked common versions. Choose any you like. Thomas could not have been looking at Jesus with any more captivation; he could not have been addressing Jesus any more directly, Thomas eyes were glued to the amazing sight of Jesus as Thomas was speaking and Jesus addresses that fact--see quote below.

Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!” “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed. Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.” NLT

Thomas answered Him, “My Lord and my God!” AMP

Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” NIV

Thomas replied to him, “My Lord and my God!” NET

Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” ESV

Etc.

• Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Truth

What more could be done to make it perfectly clear.

• Since Jesus was appearing to his disciples and the women in various fleshly bodies without wounds. Thomas demanded to see his wounds and unless he personal would see the wounds he would not beleive that Jehovah resurrected him. When jesus politely confronted Thomas with his wounds... Thomas exclaimed, "You are the Lord of me and the God of me!"

It was at this moment that Thomas knew that Jesus was alive. It was the only time Jesus manfiested in a body with wounds! Even after this Jesus would appear in differnt fleshly bodies without wounds as scripture points this out to be Fact.

Jesus said to them: “Bring some of the fish you just now caught.”  So Simon Peter went on board and hauled the net ashore full of big fish, 153 of them. And though there were so many, the net did not burst.  Jesus said to them: “Come, have your breakfast.” Not one of the disciples had the courage to ask him: “Who are you?” because they knew it was the Lord.  Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and the same with the fish.  This was now the third time that Jesus appeared to the disciples after being raised up from the dead. (John 21:10-14)

Notice this scripture? Not one of the disciples had the courage to ask him: “Who are you?” because they knew it was the Lord.

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Truth

You made most of that up, or you may have been taught to think that by your Watchtower.

What is Biblical is, as you say, that Thomas saw a real, live Jesus with a real live body and said, "My Lord and my God!"

Of course Jesus' disciples knew Jesus. They recognized His body--like Thomas. That a body should rise from the dead was unbelievable to them (just as it is to you) but they finally saw and believed. Some did not see and yet believed. You do not yet believe, but you may soon. Your unbelief tells me that when you do believe, it will be real.

Like Thomas whom you quote above, you too will say to Jesus, "My LOrd and My God!"

• Mary Magdalene did not recongize Jesus when she was speaking with him. Why? He manifested in a different fleshly body without wounds. Read up on it somtime from a Real Bible like the NWT that put God's Name back into scripture and put Christ back into the Bible,

Jesus said to her: “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?” She, thinking it was the gardener, said to him: “Sir, if you have carried him off, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.”   Jesus said to her: “Mary!” On turning around, she said to him in Hebrew: “Rab·boʹni!” (which means “Teacher!”)   Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’” (John 20:15-17)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Truth

Mary Magdalene did not recongize Jesus when she was speaking with him. Why? He manifested in a different fleshly body without wounds.

That is wild speculation. Did you make that up or did the Watchtower? I really would like an answer--you seldom answer the most important questions and deflect to lesser distractions.

Read up on it somtime from a Real Bible like the NWT that put God's Name back into scripture and put Christ back into the Bible,

The NWT adds a Catholic-English made up word for God, some 7000 times and is translated by anonymous authors and is not considered to be a reliable translation outside the JW cult. For the record I do have the NWT and a lot of other JW propaganda.

Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me

A real body of Jesus, right?

...for I have not yet ascended to the Father...., ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.

Every passage must be interpreted--that is how language works. Here is what I think may be happening here:

Jesus was making clear to Mary that the "man" she was seeing was united to God (the same one) that Mary knew to be "Father. If so, this is another solid proof of Jesus deity. Another way to say this is that Jesus was making clear: the Father with whom I am united is also your Father.

---

If Unitarianism that you believe were true, then you have to interpret in a way that supports your presupposition. What if you presupposition isn't correct? What if God is somehow greater than the tiny box you imagine Him to occupy? What if Trinity is an attempt some use to capture that greater beingness? The Bible is clear that God exists as Father, Son, and Hoy Spirit. If you just accept that, then a meaningful interpretation of difficult passages will follow. You will not need the Watchtower to tell you what to think. You won't even need these forums. The Holy Spirit of God will be all you need to know fully who Jehovah and Jesus really are.

• SEE how far removed you are from Jesus Christ? Throw away that Cult trinity...it's blinding you from Christ.

"But these have been written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his Name." (John 20:31)

• Truth

Once again, you won't answer questions for which the Watchtower cannot provide you answers.

Maybe take some time off. You aren't making a lot of sense right now. Be sure that you are safe here, we love you. If we seem hard on you, our intent is only to free you from the clutches of a well-known cult. Be still. Pray.

After your spirit is calmed, would you mind going back through threads and consider answering the many questions you ignored that accumulate to make you simply unbelievable anymore. You might fix that.

Yes, we all agree that the Name of Jesus is above all names. He is God.

• Once again you refuse to post your cultist trinity doctrine that denies Jesus Christ the Son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16)

"But these have been written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his Name." (John 20:31)

How can you have "life" if you don't beleive that JEHOVAH is salvation by the means of his only begotten son? You're gieiving his spirit. (Isaiah 63:10)

• You know very well that (Isaiah 63:10) is speaking about the Angel of God's Presence. You denied then and you deny him now.

I claim Jesus is the Christ but you claim Jesus is God the Son which is absent from scripture. So the Bible asks you a question...

Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. (1 John 2:22)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2021

Then Jesus said to Thomas,

“Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” 

Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!” 

Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

This passage could not be more clear. Are you really going to tell me Thomas was not addressing Jesus?

Wolfgang replied to @Truth "My Lord and my God!" ...

Let's make sure, I DO NOT think in any way that you are my kord and/or God! nor am I saying that! I am making a statement to God pertaining to my utter astonishment about something, and this was in this case in reply to something you wrote.

Here is something addressed TO YOU: I am done with you and your hypocrisy!

• Truth

I apologize for my hypocrisy. I do have some and wish to be rid of it. Any help would be appreciated.

All hypocrisy aside, my dear @Wolfgang, the context and words unmistakably say that Thomas was speaking very directly to Jesus as proven here:

Your out-of-the-brush pile distortion explains your sudden frantic lashing out.

• @Wolfgang @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus

Trintarians don't beleive that God ressurected Jesus.

Acts 5:30

The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake.

Romans 10:9

For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.

Galatians 1:1

Paul, an apostle, neither from men nor through a man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him up from the dead,

Romans 8:34

Who will condemn them? Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, more than that, the one who was raised up, who is at the right hand of God and who also pleads for us.

Acts 4:10

let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·reneʹ, whom you executed on a stake but whom God raised up from the dead, by means of him this man stands here healthy in front of you.

2 Corinthians 4:14

knowing that the One who raised Jesus up will raise us up also with Jesus and will present us together with you.

• Truth

Trintarians don't beleive that God ressurected Jesus.

Not the false JW Jesus. He doesn't even have a body, so what on earth was even resurrected?

The true Jesus of the Bible was indeed resurrected as the Bible says.

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,300
    edited November 2021

Trinitarians don't beleive God Gave or SENT his son. They teach a pagan doctrine called incarnation.

This when they leave the trinity of THREE SEPERATE GODS to teach the lie that Jesus 100% man and 100% God. Such ones reject Jesus Christ. When talking about Christ they often repeat 'Jesus is God" by removing Christ from their argument. They will even quote antichrsitian scripture that removes Christ from the Bible. However, the Bible states that God is not a amn nor is God the Son of man. (Numbers 23:19)

They love quoting (Mark 1:34) but one reading the scripture should use Caution, and note that the antichrist removed Christ from that scripture. Notice this scripture stops short when comparing to other translations?

And he healed many who were sick with various diseases and expelled many demons. And he did not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him. to be Christ. (Mark 1:34 LEB) Notice, the Greek text contains Christ. Now you know that the AntiChrist is at working hard at deceiving you.