@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:
    No, you want a self regulated militia. The 2nd amendment calls a well regulated militia.

Actually the 2nd Amendment calls for the people to bear arms because we need a militia.

Only in a well regulated sense. This we obviously do not have.

Actually the two are separate, that's what you fail to understand.

"well regulated" defines what they mean by militia. Your hicks and riff raff are not well regulated. These should not have guns.

Separate issues. And who are you calling a hick? I mean really. Why even use that term. Honestly, if we had a situation where the militia needed to be used, I would want those so called hicks fighting for me.

So you want hicks and riff raff to remain armed even if it means shooting up Chicago on the weekends? Some militia you got there......

Dave you are an idiot. There is no better way to put it. I've not even come close to saying that. What do you define as a hick? Do you even know what you are talking about? No. And your "riff raff" I'm assuming you mean criminals, the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect their ownership of guns.

What business is it for a Christian to preach violence and overthrow of the government as a "Christian ethic"?

I don't think you understand, or even want to try to understand what I am actually saying.

I know exactly what you are saying. And I know how scripture forbids the violence you espouse.

No you don't know anything.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:
    No, you want a self regulated militia. The 2nd amendment calls a well regulated militia.

Actually the 2nd Amendment calls for the people to bear arms because we need a militia.

"well regulated" defines what they mean by militia. Your hicks and riff raff are not well regulated. These should not have guns.

Separate issues. And who are you calling a hick? I mean really. Why even use that term. Honestly, if we had a situation where the militia needed to be used, I would want those so called hicks fighting for me.

So you want hicks and riff raff to remain armed even if it means shooting up Chicago on the weekends? Some militia you got there......

Dave you are an idiot. There is no better way to put it. I've not even come close to saying that. What do you define as a hick? Do you even know what you are talking about? No. And your "riff raff" I'm assuming you mean criminals, the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect their ownership of guns.

What business is it for a Christian to preach violence and overthrow of the government as a "Christian ethic"?

I don't think you understand, or even want to try to understand what I am actually saying.

I know exactly what you are saying. And I know how scripture forbids the violence you espouse.

I know plenty.

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

I know plenty.

Not about me and my position you don't. You don't know what I am saying because you don't listen. You put words in my mouth that never were there. So no, you don't know or care to know anything about me or my position. You are arrogant and think you know all and if people don't believe the way you do they are followers of Satan. You are unteachable, you are self-righteous, and you don't even fellowship with the body of Christ.

• Dave_L

You clearly state your position for all to see. And you preach violence and bloodshed for reasons you think are justifiable. Including overthrowing the US Government.

I preach that all of this is sin and not part of the NT ethic.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:
    You clearly state your position for all to see. And you preach violence and bloodshed for reasons you think are justifiable. Including overthrowing the US Government.

I do not preach overthrowing the government. You realize that right? I say the defense is ok if your government started killing innocent civilians. There is a major difference.

And yes, you preach Dave's brand of theology. Much of which is not rooted in Scripture at all but your crazy ideas that you come up with on your own because you don't even go to church to sit under the preaching and teaching of the word. Which you justify, against Scripture by the way, because no church in the world fits your brand of theology.

• dct112685

@GaoLu said:

Yeah but the trolls on this forum aren't cute and cuddly. They are vipers, wolves in sheeps clothing, and now they are going to complain that I am name calling again.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

I do not preach overthrowing the government. You realize that right? I say the defense is ok if your government started killing innocent civilians. There is a major difference.

And yes, you preach Dave's brand of theology. Much of which is not rooted in Scripture at all but your crazy ideas that you come up with on your own because you don't even go to church to sit under the preaching and teaching of the word. Which you justify, against Scripture by the way, because no church in the world fits your brand of theology.

You support using violence under conditions you think are justifiable. Including the overthrow of the US Government. Scripture does not allow any such thing under any circumstances.

• dct112685

@Dave_L And yes, you preach Dave's brand of theology. Much of which is not rooted in Scripture at all but your crazy ideas that you come up with on your own because you don't even go to church to sit under the preaching and teaching of the word. Which you justify, against Scripture by the way, because no church in the world fits your brand of theology.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:
    @Dave_L And yes, you preach Dave's brand of theology. Much of which is not rooted in Scripture at all but your crazy ideas that you come up with on your own because you don't even go to church to sit under the preaching and teaching of the word. Which you justify, against Scripture by the way, because no church in the world fits your brand of theology.

I can find everything I say in the Sermon on the Mount, and throughout the NT. Nothing you preach is there..........You would have produced it by now.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

I can find everything I say in the Sermon on the Mount, and throughout the NT. Nothing you preach is there..........You would have produced it by now.

I'm not just talking about guns, I'm talking about your entire worldview.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@davidtaylorjr said:
    Dave you are an idiot. There is no better way to put it....

David, I'm struck that in another thread, you found it "pretty disgusting" that, in your view, Dave L. mis-characterized your views, but in this thread, at least, evidently you DON'T find it "pretty disgusting" to call another CD poster "an idiot."

It reports a stark difference between us that between those two outcomes - mischaracterizing another person's views and calling him or her "an idiot" - I find the name calling far more disgusting.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

If you can find anything I say not rooted in the historic creeds, let's have it.

• dct112685

@Bill_Coley said:

@davidtaylorjr said:
    Dave you are an idiot. There is no better way to put it....

David, I'm struck that in another thread, you found it "pretty disgusting" that, in your view, Dave L. mis-characterized your views, but in this thread, at least, evidently you DON'T find it "pretty disgusting" to call another CD poster "an idiot."

It reports a stark difference between us that between those two outcomes - mischaracterizing another person's views and calling him or her "an idiot" - I find the name calling far more disgusting.

I guess you find Jesus disgusting as well then. He used name-calling as well if you recall. That being said, idiot was strong, I should have found a more precise word.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

If you can find anything I say not rooted in the historic creeds, let's have it.

Forsaking the church.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

Forsaking the church.

If I could find a Church I could attend with a clear conscience, I would.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

Forsaking the church.

Start one. We've been over this. Not finding one isn't an excuse.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

Forsaking the church.

Start one. We've been over this. Not finding one isn't an excuse.

Would you attend a Catholic Church?

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@davidtaylorjr said:

I guess you find Jesus disgusting as well then. He used name-calling as well if you recall. That being said, idiot was strong, I should have found a more precise word.

My post made no mention of Jesus and the names he used to describe the Pharisees, for example. I think that topic would make for a fascinating Bible study, but it had no place in my post.

It reports another difference between us that you believe the problem with your calling Dave L. "an idiot" was that term's precision. In my view, there is no acceptably precise way to rephrase one's calling another person "an idiot."

• Dave_L

Tough Gun Control Laws in Australia Really Have Stopped Mass Shootings, Study Shows

https://www.sciencealert.com/gun-control-laws-australia-are-effective-mathematical-modelling-study-shows

• dct112685

@Bill_Coley said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

My post made no mention of Jesus and the names he used to describe the Pharisees, for example. I think that topic would make for a fascinating Bible study, but it had no place in my post.

It reports another difference between us that you believe the problem with your calling Dave L. "an idiot" was that term's precision. In my view, there is no acceptably precise way to rephrase one's calling another person "an idiot."

You said name calling is disgusting. Therefore you must call Jesus' use of name calling disgusting or you have a double standard.

• Dave_L

I learned not to trust Fox News over the years. But even if there is some truth to the Australian Gun Control results, it beats what we have now.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

I learned not to trust Fox News over the years. But even if there is some truth to the Australian Gun Control results, it beats what we have now.

You learned not to trust Fox News but you trust Science Alert? Good Grief.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

I haven't looked into Science Alert so I can't say. But if the Australian Study works even a little, it is a good start.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

I haven't looked into Science Alert so I can't say. But if the Australian Study works even a little, it is a good start.

Did you even read the Fox News Article?

Here is an interesting editorial that will help focus you on differences between America and Australia. And it comes from the New York Times, perhaps that is more trustworthy for you?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/opinion/australias-gun-laws-america.html?mtrref=www.google.com&assetType=opinion

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Here is an interesting editorial that will help focus you on differences between America and Australia. And it comes from the New York Times, perhaps that is more trustworthy for you?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/opinion/australias-gun-laws-america.html?mtrref=www.google.com&assetType=opinion

I could not trust it if I did.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Why? You haven't even read it or explored the contents for yourself. That is intellectually dishonest. But then again, you go about your whole life that way. That is the way you treat theology "I don't trust anything that comes out of Dallas Theological Seminary". That is the way you treat the church "They have one minor thing that I don't agree with so they are not a biblical church" etc.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Why? You haven't even read it or explored the contents for yourself. That is intellectually dishonest. But then again, you go about your whole life that way. That is the way you treat theology "I don't trust anything that comes out of Dallas Theological Seminary". That is the way you treat the church "They have one minor thing that I don't agree with so they are not a biblical church" etc.

If I trusted Fox News, I would take the time.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

If I trusted Fox News, I would take the time.

1. That doesn't even make sense.
    2. You didn't even address what I said to you.