Gun Control Age Discrimination Lawsuit

Comments

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

Doesn't a "well regulated militia" mean more than a bunch of hicks with gun racks and riff raff shooting up Chicago?

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@Dave_L said:
    Doesn't a "well regulated militia" mean more than a bunch of hicks with gun racks and riff raff shooting up Chicago?

First of all I don't appreciate your connotation that anyone who is not riff raff shooting up Chicago are a bunch of hicks with gun racks.

You are biased beyond belief and just disqualified yourself from this discussion as you are clearly not intelligent on the matter.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

First of all I don't appreciate your connotation that anyone who is not riff raff shooting up Chicago are a bunch of hicks with gun racks.

You are biased beyond belief and just disqualified yourself from this discussion as you are clearly not intelligent on the matter.

So it is nice orderly citizens shooting up Chicago? And Hicks with gun racks are as well regulated as nice sophisticated guys are.

You are showing your bias thinking all gun rack guys are hicks.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

So it is nice orderly citizens shooting up Chicago? And Hicks with gun racks are as well regulated as nice sophisticated guys are.

Um, you are the one who said that, not me.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

You assumed Hicks with gun racks included nice guys with gun racks.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Why did you make the comment in the first place?

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

I'm proving that America does not have a well regulated militia if the 2nd amendment applies to any but the Police, National Guard, or Military.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

I'm proving that America does not have a well regulated militia if the 2nd amendment applies to any but the Police, National Guard, or Military.

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

https://www.heritage.org/the-constitution/report/the-second-amendment-and-the-inalienable-right-self-defense

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

David,
    Come on! Is all this necessary? Have you not learn how to disagree over the years or during your years in college? You need to check yourself; even if Dave, doesn't mind or permit your harsh responses. Where is the Jesus in you? Can CD experience a little more Christian from you, when answering Dave and others?

Yes, you still can speak freely and boldly. No one is trying to take this from you. I don't think "speaking freely" requires leaving Jesus out in responding to a post and to a senior man. The way you talk to Dave is unkind, unproductive, and unchristian. Have you no shame or respect? I don't care how long you have been doing it. It should never become the norm here at CD. It needs to stop here, and now! "Enough is enough and too much is good for nothing."

This is not a tit-for-tat "calling out." It's about respect, civility, and Christian exchanging in "Christian Discourse". It is first Christian, then, discourse. This is not a bar or a solon of drunken men talking. Could this behavior have been the situation of why the first CD was shut down without notice or care?

David, you need to get better control of yourself and when responding in these forums. No, I am not the owner, guardian or an administrator of these forums, but someone needs to call you out at your point of opened infractions.

If you just can't help yourself, maybe, you should avoid the "News & Current Events" section. In an extreme situation, perhaps, the administrator would have to consider removing it as an option for discussion. Something has to be done by you, from within you; or the administrator has to do something differently.

I am not professing to "holier than thou". Do I make mistakes? Yes. Do I agree with everyone? No. Can I find a better choice of words sometimes? Yes. The difference between you and I; reflect, consult with others and step back to check me and my overall effectiveness in these forums. You should do some of this to avoid what has been displayed here today.

We can continue this discussion, if needed, with the "PM" envelope. This is not about shaming or blame. It's about order, respect, accountability, and changing behaviors to make it conducive for others to participate without fear or insults. Amend your ways and be the bigger man, model Christ. You are a brother. You have value. Lovingly shared. CM

• C Mc

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

You are ok. Your point is respected. CM

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

David,
    Come on! Is all this necessary? Have you not learn how to disagree over the years or during your years in college? You need to check yourself; even if Dave, doesn't mind or permit your harsh responses. Where is the Jesus in you? Can CD experience a little more Christian from you, when answering Dave and others?

Jesus called out false teaching just as harshly as I do. I'm sorry if you can't handle it.

Yes, you still can speak freely and boldly. No one is trying to take this from you. I don't think "speaking freely" requires leaving Jesus out in responding to a post and to a senior man. The way you talk to Dave is unkind, unproductive, and unchristian. Have you no shame or respect? I don't care how long you have been doing it. It should never become the norm here at CD. It needs to stop here, and now! "Enough is enough and too much is good for nothing."

I do not have shame. Nor should I. What exactly needs to stop @C_M_ ? When I have been wrong I have admitted it and apologized.

This is not a tit-for-tat "calling out." It's about respect, civility, and Christian exchanging in "Christian Discourse". It is first Christian, then, discourse. This is not a bar or a solon of drunken men talking. Could this behavior have been the situation of why the first CD was shut down without notice or care?

David, you need to get better control of yourself and when responding in these forums. No, I am not the owner, guardian or an administrator of these forums, but someone needs to call you out at your point of opened infractions.

I have perfect control of myself. If you can't handle it, don't read it. Would you tell Jesus to not call the Pharisees a brood of vipers? Will you lecture him as well?

If you just can't help yourself, maybe, you should avoid the "News & Current Events" section. In an extreme situation, perhaps, the administrator would have to consider removing it as an option for discussion. Something has to be done by you, from within you; or the administrator has to do something differently.

I disagree. Perhaps you should avoid News and Current events.

I am not professing to "holier than thou". Do I make mistakes? Yes. Do I agree with everyone? No. Can I find a better choice of words sometimes? Yes. The difference between you and I; reflect, consult with others and step back to check me and my overall effectiveness in these forums. You should do some of this to avoid what has been displayed here today.

Actually, you are acting holier than thou. You reflect and consult? That's great. Who says that I do not? I am direct, firm and speak the truth.

We can continue this discussion, if needed, with the "PM" envelope. This is not about shaming or blame. It's about order, respect, accountability, and changing behaviors to make it conducive for others to participate without fear or insults. Amend your ways and be the bigger man, model Christ. You are a brother. You have value. Lovingly shared. CM

I will not take this to PM since you bought it out publically. If you wanted it private you should have come to me privately.

• C Mc

Thanks, for your response, David. CM :)

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Hang on, I need to go make a sandwich.

• Dave_L
    edited March 2018

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

https://www.heritage.org/the-constitution/report/the-second-amendment-and-the-inalienable-right-self-defense

We have two areas of concern. As Christians, we don't use violence for self defence or to overthrow God's Magistrate. (You have not yet provided NT scripture saying otherwise).

And secondly, today's "militia" is not well regulated. If we define who the militia is according to how well regulated it is, it exists only in the Police, National Guard, and the Military.

And again, only the Magistrate has God's appointment for bearing the sword and sending (controlling) those he appoints by law (the 2nd amendment). Nowhere does God give permission to them to control themselves. Or to use violence against the Magistrate.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

We have two areas of concern. As Christians, we don't use violence for self defence or to overthrow God's Magistrate. (You have not yet provided NT scripture saying otherwise).

And secondly, today's "militia" is not well regulated. If we define who the militia is according to how well regulated it is, it exists only in the Police, National Guard, and the Military.

And again, only the Magistrate has God's appointment for bearing the sword and sending (controlling) those he appoints by law (the 2nd amendment). Nowhere does God give permission to them to control themselves. Or to use violence against the Magistrate.

And the broken record continues.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Prove that all of the school shootings, mass murders, gun deaths from robberies come from a well regulated militia. The riff raff doing all of this make up your only view of the militia described in the 2nd amendment.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Prove that all of the school shootings, mass murders, gun deaths from robberies come from a well regulated militia. The riff raff doing all of this make up your only view of the militia described in the 2nd amendment.

Dave that is one of the stupidest statments you have made yet. Mass shootings, gun deaths, of course do not come from a well regulated militia. They come from criminals. Most of the guns used in gun violence were either illegally obtained or never should have been sold to the individual.

• Dave_L
    edited March 2018

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Dave that is one of the stupidest statments you have made yet. Mass shootings, gun deaths, of course do not come from a well regulated militia. They come from criminals. Most of the guns used in gun violence were either illegally obtained or never should have been sold to the individual.

But..... according to you, we already have a well regulated militia, with all of these on the loose, apart from the Magistrate's control. When the people form a self regulated militia, this is what you get.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

But..... according to you, we already have a well regulated militia, with all of these on the loose, apart from the Magistrate's control. When the people form a self regulated militia, this is what you get.

You are mixing things that do not go together and are unrelated.

• Dave_L

No, you want a self regulated militia. The 2nd amendment calls a well regulated militia.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:
    No, you want a self regulated militia. The 2nd amendment calls a well regulated militia.

Actually the 2nd Amendment calls for the people to bear arms because we need a militia.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Actually the 2nd Amendment calls for the people to bear arms because we need a militia.

Only in a well regulated sense. This we obviously do not have.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Actually the two are separate, that's what you fail to understand.

• Dave_L
    edited March 2018

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

"well regulated" defines what they mean by militia. Your hicks and riff raff are not well regulated. These should not have guns.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

"well regulated" defines what they mean by militia. Your hicks and riff raff are not well regulated. These should not have guns.

Separate issues. And who are you calling a hick? I mean really. Why even use that term. Honestly, if we had a situation where the militia needed to be used, I would want those so called hicks fighting for me.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Separate issues. And who are you calling a hick? I mean really. Why even use that term. Honestly, if we had a situation where the militia needed to be used, I would want those so called hicks fighting for me.

So you want hicks and riff raff to remain armed even if it means shooting up Chicago on the weekends? Some militia you got there......

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

So you want hicks and riff raff to remain armed even if it means shooting up Chicago on the weekends? Some militia you got there......

Dave you are an idiot. There is no better way to put it. I've not even come close to saying that. What do you define as a hick? Do you even know what you are talking about? No. And your "riff raff" I'm assuming you mean criminals, the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect their ownership of guns.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Dave you are an idiot. There is no better way to put it. I've not even come close to saying that. What do you define as a hick? Do you even know what you are talking about? No. And your "riff raff" I'm assuming you mean criminals, the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect their ownership of guns.

What business is it for a Christian to preach violence and overthrow of the government as a "Christian ethic"?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

What business is it for a Christian to preach violence and overthrow of the government as a "Christian ethic"?

I don't think you understand, or even want to try to understand what I am actually saying.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

I don't think you understand, or even want to try to understand what I am actually saying.

I know exactly what you are saying. And I know how scripture forbids the violence you espouse.