A scripture that awaits to be seen in the light... (Matthew 28:19)

Comments

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ

Please provide screen shots of the entire Baptism article in this Bible Catechism.

Go get it for yourself. You don't believe in Jesus Christ anyways. Better yet why don't show a scripture how the Apostles baptized??

Notably missing from @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ

• Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.” (Acts 2:38)

• “With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they requested him to stay for some days.” (Acts 10:48)

• “But when they believed Philip, who was declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God and of the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were getting baptized.” (Acts 8:12)

• “Or do you not know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?” (Romans 6:3)

• “On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.” (Acts 19:5)

JW.org?

• We are Christians for the following reasons:
    • We try to follow closely the teachings and behavior of Jesus Christ.—1 Peter 2:21.
    • We believe that Jesus is the key to salvation, that “there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”Acts 4:12.
    • When people become Jehovah’s Witnesses, they are baptized in the name of Jesus.—Matthew 28:18, 19.
    • We offer our prayers in Jesus’ name.—John 15:16.
    • We believe that Jesus is the Head, or the one appointed to have authority, over every man.—1 Corinthians 11:3.

However, in a number of ways, we are different from other religious groups that are so-called Christian. For example, we believe that the Bible teaches that Jesus is the Son of God, not part of a Trinity. (Mark 12:29)

• The Son of Man is not God. "God is not a man, nor is he the Son of Man." (Numbers 23:19)
    • God is not a Ghost but a Spirit. (John 4:24)
    • The Father is Greater than I am. (John 14:28)
    • Look, days are coming,” declares יהוה Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign as king,"
    • I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star.’ (Rev 22:16)
    • The Bright Morning Star is "the Firstborn of ALL CREATION" {Colossians 1:15)
    • These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God: (Rev 3:14)
    • Yahweh created me, the first of his ways, (Proverbs 8:22)
    • and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.” To him who loves us and who set us free from our sins by means of his own blood— "(Rev 1:5)
    • Jesus became "born again" in the spirit. (1 Peter 3:18)

For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has GRANTED ALSO to the Son to have life in himself. (John 5:26)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus September 27 Please provide screen shots of the entire Baptism article in this Bible Catechism.

@Brother Rando September 27 Go get it for yourself. 

Reply infers @Brother Rando found a picture of one page in an Apostolic Unitarian baptism article so I was surprised about your lack of entire baptism article (possibly more points for your consideration). Copying from an Apostolic Unitarian website shows JW.org did NOT have an accurate answer for your question.

@Brother Rando September 27 You don't believe in Jesus Christ anyways.

We agree that I do NOT believe in "Michael the Archangel" substitution.

Sadly, Jehovah Witnesses really do not know my forever best friend & redeemer יהוה Salvation = Yeshua = Jesus, who immensely ❤️ loves every human. To me, יהוה Yahweh of hosts humbly left Holy Heaven to be clothed in human flesh as The Son of Man, who is the King Righteous (Melchizedek) and shares " יהוה of Righteousness we " name as it is written in Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB =>

Look, days are coming,” declares יהוה Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign as king, and he will achieve success, and he will do justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell in safety, and this is his name by which he will be called: ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’

To me, the pronoun 'our' in phrase ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’ expresses Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's point of view as the last two Hebrew words יהוה צדקנו have literal meaning " יהוה of Righteousness we " (consistent with One Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God being uniquely unlike any created human being by having more than one voice, a plural unique God as described in Deuteronomy 6:4).

Searching Lexham English Bible for baptism OR baptize (with match all word forms enabled) found 97 verses.

On a Memorial Day weekend years ago, my parents saw me be baptized by immersion in an independent Church (non-Catholic & non-Protestant), who believes Abba & Jesus & Holy Spirit is One unique Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God. Today I describe myself as a follower of The Way like believers did in Acts 9:2 because Jesus said: "I AM The Way and The Truth and The Life. ..."

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus September 27 What is your opinion about JW.org Christian Watchtower Library having English Bibles that do NOT have Christ in Mark 1:34 ?

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus September 27 The Bible in Living English => 34 and he cured many who were ill with various diseases, and expelled many demons, and would not let the demons speak, because they knew him.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus September 27 American Standard Version => 34 And he healed many that were sick with divers diseases, and cast out many demons; and he suffered not the demons to speak, because they knew him.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus September 27 King James Version => 34 And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.

@Brother Rando September 27 JW.org?

@Brother Rando September 27 We are Christians for the following reasons

@Brother Rando opinion implication is three English Bibles in the JW.org Christian Watchtower Library that do NOT have Christ in Mark 1:34 are Christian (NOT demonic).

Curious how many people (we) have commented in this forum using pseudonym @Brother Rando ?

@Brother Rando September 27 However, in a number of ways, we are different from other religious groups that are so-called Christian. 

First Scripture use of Christian is in Acts 11:19-26 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

Now those who had been scattered because of the persecution that took place over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia and Cyprus and Antioch, proclaiming the message to no one except Jews alone. But some of them were men from Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they came to Antioch, began to speak to the Hellenists also, proclaiming the good news about the יהוה Lord Jesus. And the hand of the יהוה Lord was with them, and a large number who believed turned to the יהוה Lord. ⌊And the report came to the attention⌋ of the church that was in Jerusalem about them, and they sent out Barnabas as far as Antioch, who, when he arrived and saw the grace of אלהים God, rejoiced and encouraged them all to remain true to the יהוה Lord with ⌊devoted hearts⌋, because he was a good man and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a large number were added to the יהוה Lord. So he departed for Tarsus to look for Saul. And when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. And it happened to them also that they met together for a whole year with the church and taught a large number of people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians. 

Note: brackets [ ] indicate ancient manuscript textual variants (from human scribal additions, deletions, and/or modifications).

I can imagine the ones calling disciples Christians in Antioch would also call me Christian (because I Love ❤️ Jesus as Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God along with the rest of Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God spirit in Abba and Ruach HaKodesh voices), but ones calling disciples of the Watchtower Society would substitute "Michael The Archangel" into an appropriate label for Jehovah Witnesses (due to their ❤️ Love of believing in created beings instead of our Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God creator).

Keep Smiling 😊

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ On a Memorial Day weekend years ago, my parents saw me be baptized by immersion in an independent Church (non-Catholic & non-Protestant), who believes Abba & Jesus & Holy Spirit is One unique Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God. Today I describe myself as a follower of The Way like believers did in Acts 9:2 because Jesus said: "I AM The Way and The Truth and The Life. ..."

You don't believe Jesus is the Christ, you teach he is a three separate voices god. You don't even believe there are angels. And you certainly don't believe in the Way. You always backed Catholic Dogma claiming Mary is the Mother of God and is ever virgin. Jesus had four brothers and at least two sisters. You're a hoax ... an imposter, an imitation of The Way.

You reject the Son of Man whom also claimed to be the Son of God. I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on The Way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your Sins because my name is in him. (Exodus Catholic Bible 23:20-21)

• Jesus said to him: “I am The Way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through ME. (John 14:6)
    • Jesus said to him: “Why do you call ME good? Nobody is good except one, God. (Luke 18:19)
    • For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” there is actually to us (The Way) one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, (1 Cor 8:15-16)
    • For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)
    • I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star. (Rev 22:16) Jesus is the son of David, a righteous branch.

“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!

So who hurled Satan out of heaven? The Book of Daniel names the Ruler of God's Kingdom. The Prince of Peace is the Great Prince who becomes King by taking his station to Stand Up.

καὶ καλεῖται τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ Μεγάλης βουλῆς ἄγγελος· LXX SEE Translation... of Isaiah 9:6 by the Sanhedrin...

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ I can imagine the ones calling disciples Christians in Antioch would also call me Christian

Nope, you have to believe that Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the Living God" (Matthew 16:16) Therefore, John would call you an antichrist.

• "Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son."
    •  They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But they went out so that it might be shown that not all are of our sort.
    •  For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

You claim Abba and Ruach HaKodesh voices became flesh. (Rev 16:13-14) Not JESUS CHRIST as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus September 29 On a Memorial Day weekend years ago, my parents saw me be baptized by immersion in an independent Church (non-Catholic & non-Protestant), who believes Abba & Jesus & Holy Spirit is One unique Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God. Today I describe myself as a follower of The Way like believers did in Acts 9:2 because Jesus said: "I AM The Way and The Truth and The Life. ..."

@Brother Rando September 29 You don't believe Jesus is the Christ, you teach he is a three separate voices god. You don't even believe there are angels. And you certainly don't believe in the Way. You always backed Catholic Dogma claiming Mary is the Mother of God and is ever virgin. Jesus had four brothers and at least two sisters. You're a hoax ... an imposter, an imitation of The Way.

Thank you for attempting to describe my faith beliefs, albelt I only agree with one sentence: "Jesus had four brothers and at least two sisters."

Did a former JW elder correctly describe Watchtower Society meaning of words ?

In the Witness lady’s mind Jesus Christ is the incarnate name of Michael the archangel, he can be called the Son of God by virtue of being the first angel God created, he is Lord in the sense of holding the second-in-command position in God’s heavenly organization, and he is Savior only partially because he opened the way for us to gain eternal life on earth and left it up to us to do the rest. So, when she said, “We most certainly do believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and we accept him as our Lord and Savior,” what she actually meant was, “We believe that Michael the archangel was the first angel God created, and we accept him as second-in-command in God’s organization — the one who opened the way for us to gain eternal life in an earthly paradise if we do all that the organization instructs us to do.” 

David A. Reed, Answering Jehovah’s Witnesses: Subject by Subject, electronic ed. (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1997).

My faith believes Jesus Christ yesterday in Hebrews 13:8 is eternally the same as today:

Ἰησοῦς Χριστὸς ἐχθὲς καὶ σήμερον ὁ αὐτός, καὶ εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας. (SBL Greek New Testament)

Jesus Christ yesterday and today the same, and to the age. (my literal translation)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and ⌊forever⌋ (LEB translates phrase "to the age" as "forever")

My faith belief is consistent with eternal יהוה Yahweh of hosts humbly leaving Holy Heaven to be clothed in human flesh as The Son of Man, who is the King Righteous (Melchizedek) and shares " יהוה of Righteousness we " name as it is written in Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB =>

Look, days are coming,” declares יהוה Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign as king, and he will achieve success, and he will do justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell in safety, and this is his name by which he will be called: ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’

To me, the pronoun 'our' in phrase ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’ expresses Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's point of view as the last two Hebrew words יהוה צדקנו have literal meaning " יהוה of Righteousness we " (consistent with One Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God being uniquely unlike any created human being by having more than one voice, a plural unique God as described in Deuteronomy 6:4).

@Brother Rando started thread => Is Jesus Christ (Michael the Archangel)? where @Brother Rando posited personal belief idea about Jesus being Michael the Archangel, which truly denies יהוה Lord Jesus Christ (Messiah). How can Jesus be the archangel Michael as four year old Colton Burpo saw both Jesus & the archangel Michael in אלהים God's Holy Heaven in March 2003 ?

Heaven is for Real special movie edition for Target has a Question & Answer section, which includes Colton Burpo at age 14

Q: Are your memories of heaven still clear to you, or have some things faded ?

A: I do remember most of it, but some of it has faded since it's been ten years. The clearest things I remember are sitting on Jesus' lap and being able to meet my sister and my great grandfather. Also, [the archangel] Michael's huge flaming sword.

Human Watchtower Society (JW.org) belief about the archangel Michael being the spirit inside the body of Jesus on earth is simply wrong (falsehood), consistent with many failed prophetic predictions proving the Watchtower Society (JW.org) has NEVER been the correct communication channel for Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God.

Which words are more important to you @Brother Rando: Holy eternal words spoken/inspired by Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God OR voluminous words published by the untrustworthy Watchtower Society (JW.org) ?

What could happen to the personal faith of @Brother Rando if your time was split evenly between Watchtower Society stuff and reading Scriptures cover to cover (in a translation other than NWT, which embeds Society beliefs into translation word choices). Do Bible Study teachings by the Society include all of Scripture ? (or are scripture snippets chosen to support teaching points while avoiding overall context of Scripture)

@Brother Rando September 29 You claim Abba and Ruach HaKodesh voices became flesh.

False, plural unique Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God planned for only one voice (a portion of Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God Spirit) to be clothed in a Holy human body. Abba and Ruach HaKodesh voices in one Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God have never been clothed in human flesh, albeit they did allow the Holy human body of יהוה Salvation to be crucified as a Holy substitutionary sin sacrifice. Any voice in Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God could have caused crucifuxion to not happen by ordering angelic being intervention: e.g. Michael the Archangel.

Holy angel sent by Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God in Exodus 23:20-33 could NOT forgive sin, but the Son of Man (יהוה Salvation) forgave sin against Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God. Matthew 9:1-8 (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) =>

And getting into a boat, he crossed over and came to his own town. And behold, they brought to him a paralytic lying on a stretcher, and when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Have courage, child, your sins are forgiven.”

And behold, some of the scribes said to themselves, “This man is blaspheming!”

And knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts? For which is easier to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? But in order that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,”

then he said to the paralytic, “Get up, pick up your stretcher and go to your home.”

And he got up and went to his home.

But when the crowds saw this, they were afraid and glorified אלהים God who had given such authority to men. 

Keep Smiling 😊

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ And getting into a boat, he crossed over and came to his own town. And behold, they brought to him a paralytic lying on a stretcher, and when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Have courage, child, your sins are forgiven.”

And knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts? For which is easier to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? But in order that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,”

then he said to the paralytic, “Get up, pick up your stretcher and go to your home.”

And he got up and went to his home.

But when the crowds saw this, they were afraid and glorified אלהים God who had given such authority to men. 

You still have no understanding of the Son of Man. You only recently learned of this title attributed to Jesus Christ because a Jehovah's Witness revealed the title Son of Man to you. But you have no understanding of it at all.

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Have courage, child, your sins are forgiven.”

“Why do you think evil in your hearts? For which is easier to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? But in order that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,”

•  See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on The Way and bring you to the place I have prepared. Be attentive to him and obey him. Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin. My authority is within him. (Exodus 23:21)
    •  Kiss the Son lest he be angry and you perish on The Way, for his anger burns quickly. Blessed are all who take refuge in him. (Psalm 2:12)

We both know you rejected this angel that was given the authority to forgive sins. Therefore, your sins have been retained. You saw and yet, still rejected the angel of God's Presence.

• John 20:21-23 Jesus said to them again: “May you have peace. Just as the Father has sent me, I also am sending you. After saying this he blew on them and said to them: “Receive holy spirit.” If you forgive the sins of anyone, they are forgiven; if you retain those of anyone, they are retained.”

If you were part of The Way, then you would know me and my brothers, but you are not of our sort. (1 John 2:18-19)

• @Brother Rando October 2 You still have no understanding of the Son of Man. You only recently learned of this title attributed to Jesus Christ because a Jehovah's Witness revealed the title Son of Man to you. But you have no understanding of it at all.

Puzzled by another @Brother Rando falsehood, which implies @Brother Rando values false accusations more than eternal truth & being factually correct. Profile of @Brother Rando shows this forum was joined in May 2021. Two years earlier, my April 2019 post to begin discussion Jesus ? "Not God" ? Savior ? included:

The ending of John chapter 9 (verses 35-41) include Jesus asking the healed man if he believes in the "Son of Man" (that is a diety term for Jesus referring to Daniel 7:13-14) followed by the healed man worshipping Jesus (without being rebuked by Jesus).

If Jesus is not God, then Jesus receiving worship for God is sin (Ex 20:5 , Dt 5:9), which disqualifies Jesus from being savior for anyone.

If Jesus is God, then Jesus receiving worship for God is not sin (and appropriate).

An angel serving Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God refused to be worshipped in Revelation 22:8-11 LEB (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) =>

And I, John, am the one who heard and who saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed these things to me.

And he said to me, “Do not do that! I am your fellow slave, and of your brothers the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship אלהים God!”

And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near! The one who does evil, let him do evil still, and the defiled, let him be defiled still, and the righteous, let him practice righteousness still, and the holy, let him be holy still.” 

@Brother Rando October 2 See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on The Way and bring you to the place I have prepared. Be attentive to him and obey him. Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin. My authority is within him. (Exodus 23:21)

To my reading, the angel serving Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God CANNOT forgive any sin, as spoken by Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God in Exodus 23:20-21 LEB =>

‘Look, I am about to send an angel before you to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. Be attentive to him and listen to his voice; do not rebel against him, because he will not forgive your transgression, for my name is in him.

Jewish scripture does NOT declare any angel having authority to forgive sin against Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God (consistent with reasoning: Who is able to forgive sins except אלהים God alone?)

@Brother Rando October 2 Kiss the Son lest he be angry and you perish on The Way, for his anger burns quickly. Blessed are all who take refuge in him. (Psalm 2:12)

To me, Psalm 2 describes the Son יהוה Salvation, who is NOT an angelic creation. Hence Exodus 23:20-21 and Psalm 2 describe different beings: an angelic creation in Exodus 23:20-21 sent by Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God while Psalm 2 describes Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God

@Brother Rando October 2 If you were part of The Way, then you would know me and my brothers, but you are not of our sort. (1 John 2:18-19)

To me, JW adherents love the Watchtower Society way in this world more than Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God so JW adherents disobey 1 John 2:15-17 LEB (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) =>

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him, because everything that is in the world — the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the arrogance of material possessions — is not from the Father, but is from the world. And the world is passing away, and its desire, but the one who does the will of אלהים God remains forever. 

Keep Smiling 😊

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ To me, Psalm 2 describes the Son יהוה Salvation, who is NOT an angelic creation. Hence Exodus 23:20-21 and Psalm 2 describe different beings: an angelic creation in Exodus 23:20-21 sent by Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God while Psalm 2 describes Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God

Jehovah sent his Son , יֵשׁוּעַ that is why you reject Christ, because יֵשׁוּעַ is the Christ, the Son of the living God, (Matthew 16:16)

Genesis 6:2

the sons of the true God began to notice that the daughters of men were beautiful. So they began taking as wives all whom they chose.

Job 1:6

Now the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them.

• Jesus יֵשׁוּעַ is a child of Jehovah יהוה
    • Jesus יֵשׁוּעַ is Firstborn of All Creation
    • Jehovah יהוה is not Firstborn, יהוה is eternal and always existed

John 8:42

Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me.

• How is plural sons (group of angels) in Genesis 6:2 and Job 1:6 relevant to the singular Son (individual) in Psalm 2 ?

@Brother Rando October 3 * Jesus is a child of Jehovah יהוה

Curious about scripture support ?

@Brother Rando October 3 * Jesus יֵשׁוּעַ is Firstborn of All Creation

@Brother Rando October 3 * Jehovah יהוה is not Firstborn, יהוה is eternal and always existed

Searching Lexham English Bible (LEB) for verse(s) that have firstborn creation finds one result in Colossians 1:15

One LEB feature is sentence punctuation matching orlginal language. Phrase "the firstborn over all creation" is in the middle of a long sentence in Colossians 1:9-20 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

Because of this also we, from the day we heard about it, did not cease praying for you, and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual insight, so that you may live in a manner worthy of the יהוה Lord, to please him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good deed and increasing in the knowledge of אלהים God, enabled with all power, according to his glorious might, for all steadfastness and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you for a share of the inheritance of the saints in light, who has rescued us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have the redemption, the forgiveness of sins, who is the image of the invisible אלהים God, the firstborn over all creation, because all things in the heavens and on the earth were created by him, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers, all things were created through him and for him, and he himself is before all things, and in him all things are held together, and he himself is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he himself may become first in everything, because he was well pleased for all the fullness to dwell in him, and through him to reconcile all things to himself, by making peace through the blood of his cross, through him, whether things on earth or things in heaven. 

LEB italicizes words added for smooth English translation: e.g. things.

Greek phrase "..., πρωτότοκος πάσης κτίσεως, ..." has my literal translation of "..., firstborn of/from all creation, ..." that has no verb for describing timeless existence, which is consistent with the meaning of יהוה name.

To me, Christ is/was/will be part of the plural unique eternal Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God who created everything, including Michael the Archangel.

Two subjects (יהוה King & יהוה Redeemer) have singular verbs in Isaiah 44:6 LEB =>

Thus says יהוה Yahweh, the king of Israel, and its redeemer, יהוה Yahweh of hosts: 

“I am the first, and I am the last, and there is no god besides me. 

Why did Jesus (יהוה Salvation) say "..., the first and the last," in Revelation 22:12-16 LEB =>

Behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to repay each one according to what his deeds are! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” 

Blessed are the ones who wash their robes, so that their authority will be over the tree of life and they may enter into the city through the gates. Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the sexually immoral people and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and who practices falsehood. 

I, Jesus, sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.

Who is Jesus that He has an angel to send ?

To me, יהוה Yahweh of hosts = יהוה Salvation = יהוה Redeemer humbly left Holy Heaven to be clothed in human flesh as The Son of Man, who is the King Righteous (Melchizedek) and shares " יהוה of Righteousness we " name as it is written in Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB =>

Context of John 8:42 includes words spoken by יהוה Salvation (Jesus) in John 8:12-59 LEB (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) =>

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world! The one who follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

So the Pharisees said to him, “You testify concerning yourself! Your testimony is not true.”

Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I testify concerning myself, my testimony is true, because I know where I have come from and where I am going. But you do not know where I have come from or where I am going. You judge according to externals; I do not judge anyone. But even if I judge, my judgment is true, because I am not alone, but I and the Father who sent me. And even in your law it is written that the testimony of two men is true. I am the one who testifies concerning myself, and the Father who sent me testifies concerning me.” 

So they were saying to him, “Where is your father?”

Jesus replied, “You know neither me nor my Father! If you had known me, you would have known my Father also.”

He spoke these words by the treasury while teaching in the temple courts, and no one seized him, because his hour had not yet come. 

So he said to them again, “I am going away, and you will seek me and will die in your sin. Where I am going you cannot come!

Then the Jews began to say, “Perhaps he will kill himself, because he is saying, ‘Where I am going you cannot come.’ ”

And he said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are from this world; I am not from this world. Thus I said to you that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I am he, you will die in your sins.” 

So they began to say to him, “Who are you?”

Jesus said to them, “What I have been saying to you from the beginning. I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but the one who sent me is true, and the things which I heard from him, these things I say to the world.

(They did not know that he was speaking to them about the Father.) 

Then Jesus said, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will recognize that I am he, and I do nothing from myself, but just as the Father taught me, I say these things. And the one who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do the things that are pleasing to him.”

While he was saying these things, many believed in him. 

Then Jesus said to those Jews who had believed him, “If you continue in my word you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

They replied to him, “We are descendants of Abraham and have not been enslaved to anyone at any time. How do you say, ‘You will become free’?”

Jesus replied to them, “Truly, truly I say to you, that everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin. And the slave does not remain in the household forever; the son remains forever. So if the son sets you free, you will be truly free. I know that you are descendants of Abraham. But you are seeking to kill me, because my word makes no progress among you. I speak the things that I have seen with the Father; so also you do the things that you have heard from the Father.” 

They answered and said to him, “Abraham is our father!”

Jesus said to them, “If you are children of Abraham, do the deeds of Abraham! But now you are seeking to kill me, a man who spoke to you the truth which I heard from God. This Abraham did not do. You are doing the deeds of your father!” 

They said to him, “We were not born from sexual immorality! We have one father, אלהים God!”

Jesus said to them, “If אלהים God were your father, you would love me, for I have come forth from אלהים God and have come. For I have not come from myself, but that one sent me. Why do you not understand my way of speaking? Because you are not able to listen to my message. You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father! That one was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand firm in the truth, because truth is not in him. Whenever he speaks the lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I am telling the truth, you do not believe me. Who among you convicts me concerning sin? If I am telling the truth, why do you not believe me? The one who is from אלהים God listens to the words of אלהים God. Because of this you do not listen — because you are not of אלהים God.” 

The Jews answered and said to him, “Do we not correctly say that you are a Samaritan and have a demon?”

Jesus replied, “I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me! But I do not seek my own glory. There is one who seeks and judges! Truly, truly I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never experience death forever.” 

The Jews said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham and the prophets died, and you say, ‘If anyone keeps my word, he will never taste death forever.’ You are not greater than our father Abraham who died, are you? And the prophets died! Who do you make yourself to be?”

Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. The one who glorifies me is my Father, about whom you say, ‘He is our אלהים God.’ And you have not known him, but I know him. And if I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you! But I know him and I keep his word. Abraham your father rejoiced that he would see my day, and he saw it and was glad.” 

So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was, I am!

Then they picked up stones in order to throw them at him. But Jesus was hidden and went out of the temple courts

What had יהוה Salvation (Jesus) said for stones to be picked up by Jewish religious lawyers per Leviticus 24:10-23 LEB =>

And an Israelite woman’s son, and he was an Egyptian man’s son, went out in the midst of the Israelites; and the Israelite woman’s son and an Israelite man fought in the camp. Then the Israelite woman’s son blasphemed the name, and he cursed, so they brought him to Moses — and the name of his mother was Shelomith the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan. Then they put him in custody so that the matter might be made clear to them in accordance with the mouth of Yahweh. 

Then יהוה Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying, “Bring the curser outside the camp, and all the hearers shall place their hands on his head, and the whole community shall stone him. And you shall speak to the Israelites, saying, ‘Any man when he curses his God shall bear his sin. And he who blasphemes יהוה Yahweh’s name certainly shall be put to death; the whole community certainly shall stone him. As the alien, so the native shall be put to death at blaspheming his name. 

“ ‘And when a man kills any human being, he certainly shall be put to death. And he who kills a domestic animal must repay for it life in place of life. And when a man causes a physical defect in his fellow citizen according to what he has done, so it shall be done to him: fracture in place of fracture, eye in place of eye, tooth in place of tooth — according to the physical defect he causes to the person, likewise it shall be caused to him. And a killer of a domestic animal must repay for it, and a killer of a human shall be put to death. You must have one norm; as for the alien, so it must be for the native, because I am יהוה Yahweh your אלהים God.’ ” 

Thus Moses spoke to the Israelites, and they brought the curser outside the camp, and they stoned him with stones, and the Israelites did just as יהוה Yahweh had commanded Moses. 

To me, the Watchtower Society (JW.org) belief of Jesus being Michael, an archangel, dishonors (curses) יהוה Salvation (Jesus) & יהוה Father. Many failed prophetic predictions prove the Watchtower (JW.org) has NEVER been the correct communication channel for Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God. Righteous destination (death) for dishonoring (cursing) יהוה אלהינו יהוה is eternal separation from Holy immense ❤️ Love of יהוה אלהינו יהוה 

Keep Smiling 😊

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ How is plural sons (group of angels) in Genesis 6:2 and Job 1:6 relevant to the singular Son (individual) in Psalm 2 ?

The Jews knew angels were called 'sons of the true God' (Genesis 6:2) The Jews answered him: “We have a law, and according to the law he ought to die, because he made himself God’s son.” (John 19:7) Obviously, these don't believe in the Book of Genesis nor in the Book of Isaiah that talks about a child or a son.

• Angels - sons - plural
    • Angel - son - singular

Although he was a son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. (Hebrews 5:8) do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

Jehovah יהוה is not Firstborn, יהוה is eternal and always existed

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ Searching Lexham English Bible (LEB) for verse(s) that have firstborn creation finds one result in Colossians 1:15

One LEB feature is sentence punctuation matching orlginal language. Phrase "the firstborn over all creation" is in the middle of a long sentence in Colossians 1:9-20 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

The word (Firstborn) indicates an offspring, so if you want to believe Jesus is "the firstborn over all creation" that would be a start. Other translations are also accurate:

Strong's Concordance uses both (all or every) However the word (over) is missing.

pas: all, every

Original Word: πᾶς, πᾶσα, πᾶν

Part of Speech: Adjective

Transliteration: pas

Phonetic Spelling: (pas)

Definition: all, every

Usage: all, the whole, every kind of.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ Greek phrase "..., πρωτότοκος πάσης κτίσεως, ..." has my literal translation of "..., firstborn of/from all creation, ..." that has no verb for describing timeless existence, which is consistent with the meaning of יהוה name.

A good number of trinitarians are in agreement with you that God created himself and is Firstborn which is an oxymoron, since God always existed. Some trinitarians claimed that "In the beginning" should actually read "From the beginning". There is some support for this if the scripture stays within the subject of (the word). "From the beginning was the Word" this would mean the Word would be the initial starting point of Creation not God. (Proverbs 8:22)

HELPS Word-studies - arche' - archangel

746 arxḗ – properly, from the beginning (temporal sense), i.e. "the initial (starting) point"; (figuratively) what comes first and therefore is chief (foremost), i.e. has the priority because ahead of the rest ("preeminent").

These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God: (Rev 3:14)

The meaning for arche' is not originator as the trinitarian LEB states but rather, arché means: beginning, origin even Firstborn

Strong's Concordance

arché: beginning, origin

Original Word: ἀρχή, ῆς, ἡ

Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine

Transliteration: arché

Phonetic Spelling: (ar-khay')

Definition: beginning, origin

Usage: (a) rule (kingly or magisterial), (b) plur: in a quasi-personal sense, almost: rulers, magistrates, (c) beginning.

Chief and Ruler can also be used.... Usage: (a) rule (kingly or magisterial), (b) plur: in a quasi-personal sense, almost: rulers, magistrates, (c) beginning. 746 arxḗ – properly, from the beginning (temporal sense), i.e. "the initial (starting) point"; (figuratively) what comes first and therefore is chief (foremost), i.e. has the priority because ahead of the rest ("preeminent").

Using Bible scripture about the Firstborn of all Creation notice how the scripture comes alive.

• These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the Firstborn of All Creation by God:
    • These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the Firstborn of All Creation of God:
    • These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the Chief of All Creation by God:
    • These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the Chief of All Creation of God:

• Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus
    Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Posts: 1,120
    edited October 2022

What does Christ express ? Would MIchael the Archangel Christ have the same meaning ?

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus October 3 How is plural sons (group of angels) in Genesis 6:2 and Job 1:6 relevant to the singular Son (individual) in Psalm 2 ?

@Brother Rando October 3 The Jews knew angels were called 'sons of the true God' (Genesis 6:2) The Jews answered him: “We have a law, and according to the law he ought to die, because he made himself God’s son.” (John 19:7) Obviously, these don't believe in the Book of Genesis nor in the Book of Isaiah that talks about a child or a son.

Does "obviously, ..." express an untrustworthy Watchtower Society belief about the supernatural spirit inside the human body of Jesus being Michael the Archangel ?

Why did יהוה declare name " יהוה of Righteousness we " for King יהוה Salvation (Jesus Christ) as it is written in Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB ? =>

What is the Hebrew meaning for Jew ?

@Brother Rando October 3 * Angels - sons - plural

@Brother Rando October 3 * Angel - son - singular

Searching the Lexham Hebrew Bible for <Lemma = lbs/he/בֵּן:1> BEFORE 1 WORD (<Root = lbs/he/אֱלֹהִים> OR <Lemma = lbs/he/עֶלְיוֹן> OR <Lemma = lbs/he/יהוה>) finds eight verses, with search result highlighting in LEB:

Genesis 6:2 Then the sons of God saw the daughters of humankind, that they were beautiful. And they took for themselves wives from all that they chose.

Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were upon the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God went into the daughters of humankind, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty warriors that were from ancient times, men of renown.

Deuteronomy 8:5 And you should know with your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so Yahweh your God is disciplining you.

Judges 17:2 And he said to his mother, “The eleven hundred pieces of silver that were taken from you, and about which you also pronounced a curse in my hearing, are with me; I took it.” And his mother said, “Blessed be my son by Yahweh.”

Psalm 82:6 I have said, “You are gods, and sons of the Most High, all of you.

Job 1:6 And it happened one day that the sons of God came to present themselves before Yahweh, and Satan also came into their midst.

Job 2:1 And then one day the sons of God came to present themselves before Yahweh, and Satan also came into their midst to present himself before Yahweh.

Job 38:7 when the morning stars were singing together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

What scripture shows son - singular being an angel ?

@Brother Rando October 3 Jehovah יהוה is not Firstborn, יהוה is eternal and always existed

Why did יהוה Salvation (Jesus) command be believing in יהוה Salvation the same as be believing in the eternal God ?

πιστεύετε εἰς τὸν θεόν, καὶ εἰς ἐμὲ πιστεύετε (John 14:1 Greek phrase spoken by יהוה Salvation)

Be Ye Believing in The God, also in Me Be Ye Believing (my translation shows continuous believing action command in present time)

@Brother Rando October 3 Although he was a son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. (Hebrews 5:8

Hebrews 5:8 context includes Hebrews 5:1-10 LEB (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) =>

For every high priest taken from among men is appointed on behalf of people in the things relating to אלהים God, in order that he can offer both gifts and sacrifices on behalf of sins, being able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and led astray, since he himself also is surrounded by weakness, and because of it he is obligated to offer sacrifices for sins for himself also, as well as for the people. And someone does not take for himself the honor, but is called by אלהים God, just as Aaron also was. Thus also Christ did not glorify himself to become high priest, but the one who said to him, 

You are my Son, today I have begotten you,” 

just as also in another place he says, 

You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek,” 

who in the days of his flesh offered up both prayers and supplications, with loud crying and tears, to the one who was able to save him from death, and he was heard as a result of his reverence. Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered, and being perfected, he became the source of eternal salvation to all those who obey him, being designated by אלהים God a high priest according to the order of Melchizedek. 

How does Melchizedek (King Righteous) compare with "יהוה of Righteousness We" name declared by יהוה in Jeremiah 23:5-6 ?

@Brother Rando October 3 The word (Firstborn) indicates an offspring, so if you want to believe Jesus is "the firstborn over all creation" that would be a start.

What is the offspring for phrase "πρωτότοκος ἐκ τῶν νεκρῶν" "firstborn from the dead" in Colossians 1:18 ?

Phrases "the firstborn over all creation" & "the firstborn from the dead" are in a long sentence in Colossians 1:9-20 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

Because of this also we, from the day we heard about it, did not cease praying for you, and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual insight, so that you may live in a manner worthy of the יהוה Lord, to please him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good deed and increasing in the knowledge of אלהים God, enabled with all power, according to his glorious might, for all steadfastness and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you for a share of the inheritance of the saints in light, who has rescued us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have the redemption, the forgiveness of sins, who is the image of the invisible אלהים God, the firstborn over all creation, because all things in the heavens and on the earth were created by him, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers, all things were created through him and for him, and he himself is before all things, and in him all things are held together, and he himself is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he himself may become first in everything, because he was well pleased for all the fullness to dwell in him, and through him to reconcile all things to himself, by making peace through the blood of his cross, through him, whether things on earth or things in heaven. 

Do you believe Michael the Archangel is a King or a servant of the King ?

@Brother Rando October 3 Other translations are also accurate:

@Brother Rando October 3 * the firstborn of every creature: Douay-Rheims Bible

@Brother Rando October 3 * the firstborn of all creation. World English Bible

Without learning how to translate from one language to another, how would one verify accuracy ?

Is Strong's Greek Concordance/Dictionary applicable for Douay-Rheims ? If not, why not ?

What is the difference between Strong's Greek number 2937 and Strong's Greek number 2938 ?

What is the difference between a Concordance and a Dictionary ?

What grammatical insights are lacking from Strong's Concordances & Dictionaries ? (e.g. noun, verb, sentence, ...)

My preference for original language range of word meaning are discussion lexicons: e.g. Firstborn from Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words =>

FIRSTBORN (Old Testament)

bekor (בְּכוֹר, 1060), “firstborn.” Bekor appears about 122 times in biblical Hebrew and in all periods. The word represents the “firstborn” individual in a family (Gen. 25:13); the word can also represent the “firstborn” of a nation, collectively (Num. 3:46). The plural form of the word appears occasionally (Neh. 10:36); in this passage, the word is applied to animals. In other passages, the singular form of bekor signifies a single “firstborn” animal (Lev. 27:26; kjv, “firstling”) or collectively the “firstborn” of a herd (Exod. 11:5).

The “oldest” or “firstborn” son (Exod. 6:14) had special privileges within the family. He received the special family blessing, which meant spiritual and social leadership and a double portion of the father’s possessions — or twice what all the other sons received (Deut. 21:17). He could lose this blessing through misdeeds (Gen. 35:22) or by selling it (Gen. 25:29–34). God claimed all Israel and all their possessions as His own. As a token of this claim, Israel was to give Him all its “firstborn” (Exod. 13:1–16). The animals were to be sacrificed, redeemed, or killed, while the male children were redeemed either by being replaced with Levites or by the payment of a redemption price (Num. 3:40ff.).

Israel was God’s “firstborn”; it enjoyed a privileged position and blessings over all other nations (Exod. 4:22; Jer. 31:9).

The “first-born of death” is an idiom meaning a deadly disease (Job 18:13); the “first-born of the poor” is the poorest class of people (Isa. 14:30). 

bikkurim (בִּכּוּר, 1061), “first fruits.” This noun appears 16 times. The “first grain and fruit” harvested was to be offered to God (Num. 28:26) in recognition of God’s ownership of the land and His sovereignty over nature. Bread of the “first fruits” was bread made of the first harvest grain, presented to God at Pentecost (Lev. 23:20). The “day of the first fruits” was Pentecost (Num. 28:26).

W. E. Vine, Merrill F. Unger, and William White Jr., Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words (Nashville, TN: T. Nelson, 1996), 83.

FIRST-BEGOTTEN, FIRSTBORN (New Testament)

prototokos (πρωτοτόκος, 4416), “firstborn” (from protos, “first,” and tikto, “to beget”), is used of Christ as born of the Virgin Mary, Luke 2:7; further, in His relationship to the Father, expressing His priority to, and preeminence over, creation, not in the sense of being the “first” to be born. It is used occasionally of superiority of position in the OT, see Exod. 4:22; Deut. 21:16, 17, the prohibition being against the evil of assigning the privileged position of the “firstborn” to one born subsequently to the “first” child.

The five passages in the NT relating to Christ may be set forth chronologically thus: (a) Col. 1:15, where His eternal relationship with the Father is in view, and the clause means both that He was the “Firstborn” before all creation and that He Himself produced creation (the genitive case being objective, as v. 16 makes clear); (b) Col. 1:18 and Rev. 1:5, in reference to His resurrection; (c) Rom. 8:29, His position in relationship to the church; (d) Heb. 1:6, rv, His second advent (the rv “when He again bringeth in,” puts “again” in the right place, the contrast to His first advent, at His birth, being implied); cf. Ps. 89:27. The word is used in the plural, in Heb. 11:28, of the firstborn sons in the families of the Egyptians, and in 12:23, of the members of the Church.¶

Note: With (a) cf. John 1:30, “He was before me,” lit., “He was first (protos) of me,” i.e., “in regard to me,” expressing all that is involved in His preexistence and priority.

W. E. Vine, Merrill F. Unger, and William White Jr., Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words (Nashville, TN: T. Nelson, 1996), 240–241.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ Greek phrase "..., πρωτότοκος πάσης κτίσεως, ..." has my literal translation of "..., firstborn of/from all creation, ..." that has no verb for describing timeless existence, which is consistent with the meaning of יהוה name.

@Brother Rando October 3 A good number of trinitarians are in agreement with you that God created himself and is Firstborn which is an oxymoron, since God always existed. Some trinitarians claimed that "In the beginning" should actually read "From the beginning". There is some support for this if the scripture stays within the subject of (the word). "From the beginning was the Word" this would mean the Word would be the initial starting point of Creation not God. (Proverbs 8:22)

John 1:1 " Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος " has my translation of " In beginning was being the Word " that shows me The Word already existed when creation began. The Greek Septuagint (LXX) translation begins with the phrase " Ἐν ἀρχῇ " " In beginning " that could also be translated " In the beginning" because the Greek preposition has a definitive assertion.

My apologies for my lack of interest in researching human trinitarian theologians to see how me faith belief in a plural unique Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God compares. My experience with human beings (except יהוה Salvation) is a fascinating mix of truly knowing Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God while mixed with aspects of human sin nature deception inherited from Adam (includes myself being a work in process to Be Holy as God is Holy).

Thankful for a pastor years ago encouraging a congregation to become Bible experts, which has me learning more of Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God eternal truth. Humanly I know I can never grasp all of Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God eternal truth so I continue to learn, pray & grow.

Repenting from my sins with belief in יהוה Salvation as my Holy יהוה Lord results in eternal life. Thankfully I can truly say Jesus is Lord in three languages: English, Koine Greek, and Hebrew — 1 Corinthians 12:1-3 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant. You know that when you were pagans, you were led astray to the speechless idols, however you were led. Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of אלהים God says, “Jesus is accursed,” and no one is able to say “Jesus is יהוה Lord” except by the Holy Spirit. 

Belief in human theologians (e.g. Watchtower Society) results in words & deeds that will be correctly judged by Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God.

Which words are more important to you @Brother Rando: Holy eternal words spoken/inspired by Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God OR voluminous words published by the untrustworthy Watchtower Society (JW.org) or human trinitarian theologians ?

What could happen to the personal faith of @Brother Rando if your time was split evenly between Watchtower Society stuff and reading Scriptures cover to cover (in a translation other than NWT, which embeds Society beliefs into translation word choices). Do Society Bible Study teachings include all of Scripture ?

Keep Smiling 😊

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ What does Christ express ? Would MIchael the Archangel Christ have the same meaning ?

Christ means Anointed One or Chosen One. It simply means Michael was Chosen to represent his Father. There is only One Archangel that means one of a kind, pre-eminent, head of the rest, the beginning. Michael and his angels... (Revelation 12:7)

Arche' 746 arxḗ – properly, from the beginning (temporal sense), i.e. "the initial (starting) point"; (figuratively) what comes first and therefore is chief (foremost), i.e. has the priority because ahead of the rest ("preeminent").

Michael -Who is like God? Is the Chief Message of God, the one appearing to men as the messenger of God and called Son of Man. Notice these scriptures:

• I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a Son of Man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. (Daniel 7:13)
    • And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed. (Daniel 7:14)
    • “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.” (Daniel 3:25)
    • Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.” (Daniel 3:25)
    • and in the midst of the lampstands someone like a son of man, clothed in a garment that reached down to the feet and wearing a golden sash around his chest. (Rev 1:13)
    • Then I saw, and look! a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was someone like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. (Rev 14:14)

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ Does "obviously, ..." express an untrustworthy Watchtower Society belief about the supernatural spirit inside the human body of Jesus being Michael the Archangel ?

Jehovah transferred Michael's Life Force into the womb of Mary by Holy Spirit. And the angel Gabriel told Mary to name him JESUS.

• And look! you will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus. This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, (Luke 1:31-32)

• Pages
    Pages Posts: 323

@Brother Rando

Jehovah transferred Michael's Life Force into the womb of Mary by Holy Spirit. And the angel Gabriel told Mary to name him JESUS.

One quick and easy question for you – does Michael have a soul?

I'd like to specifically discuss this aspect of "Life Force" as mentioned above in its application to Michael and Jesus.

The spirit, or aka "Life Force", of an individual is what enables life, and without that "Life Force" there can no longer be life in an individual; they would simply cease to exist. Correct?

And this spirit is an impersonal force, or in other words – has absolutely no personality involved with it. Correct?

If I'm understanding correctly, then it seems to me that upon the transfer of Michael's spirit, Michael the Archangel ceased to exist. And I believe the WT's stance on ceasing to exist will mean that this particular created individual known as Michael the Archangel will never again exist as he once did. 

Since the spirit has no personality or any other characteristics of an individual embedded within it; I suggest, there is complete disconnect for the argument that Michael is Jesus in the flesh, and that it is fatally flawed in its core given their beliefs regarding "Life Force".

The soul is the individual's body and upon resurrection a new soul is given to that individual. The soul is what defines an individual, having all the unique characteristics and traits which make up that particular individual's identity.

Therefore, it seems, that Jesus in his death forever ceased to exist, and upon his resurrection received a new body/soul – a new and different individual – not who he once was.  The name remains, but not the person.

So far, both the original Michael and original Jesus have ceased to exist and we are faced with a new and different individual Jesus who supposedly then resumed his tenure as being a new and different Michael the Archangel. 

The question quickly arises, does the new and different Jesus still exist if he once again takes on the role of Michael?  Wouldn't there have been a "Life Force" transference from this new Jesus to a newer Michael?

Anyway, below are quotes from materials found on JW.org having to do with their beliefs and teaching on soul, spirit, and life-force.

From (Your Soul, Your Spirit and the Hereafter; The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom—1968):

• "For instance, Psalm 104:29 states: “If you [Jehovah] take away their spirit [ruʹach], they die and return to the dust.” And James 2:26 notes that “the body without spirit [pneuʹma] is dead.” In these verses, then, “spirit” refers to that which gives life to a body. Without spirit, the body is dead. Therefore, in the Bible the word ruʹach is translated not only as “spirit” but also as “force,” or life-force."
    • "But without that spirit, or life-force, our bodies “die and return to the dust” as the psalmist stated."
    • "This does not mean that the life-force actually travels to heaven. Rather, it means that for someone who dies, any hope of future life rests with Jehovah God. His life is in God’s hands, so to speak. Only by God’s power can the spirit, or life-force, be given back so that a person may live again.
    • "At the time of the resurrection, Jehovah will form a new body for a person sleeping in death and bring it to life by putting spirit, or life-force, in it."
    • "Since the soul is the person himself, what happens to a soul at death? "
    • "Whereas the human soul is the living person himself, the spirit is simply the life force that enables that person to be alive. The spirit has no personality, nor can it do the things a person can do. It cannot think, speak, hear, see or feel. In that respect, it might be likened to the electric current of a car’s battery."

From (Is Jesus the Archangel Michael?):

• "So Michael the archangel is Jesus in his prehuman existence. After his resurrection and return to heaven, Jesus resumed his service as Michael, the chief angel, “to the glory of God the Father.”​" 

• @Pages Jehovah transferred Michael's Life Force into the womb of Mary by Holy Spirit. And the angel Gabriel told Mary to name him JESUS. One quick and easy question for you – does Michael have a soul?

No. Nobody has a Soul. "Yahweh God formed the man of dust from the ground, and he blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." (Genesis 2:7)

• “And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7)
    • The Hebrew word literally means a creature that breathes,” and the Greek word means a living being.” The soul, then, is the entire creature, not something inside that survives the death of the body.

• @Pages The soul is the individual's body and upon resurrection a new soul is given to that individual. The soul is what defines an individual, having all the unique characteristics and traits which make up that particular individual's identity.

After Jesus ceased to exist for parts of three days he was resurrected to life once again but as a life giving spirit. "For among the first things I handed on to you was what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried, yes, that he was raised up on the third day according to the Scriptures;" (1 Cor 15:3-4)

After Jesus was resurrected his followers did not recognize him and he performed many miracles to proof that he was alive.

• After saying this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus. (John 20:14)
    • At that their eyes were fully opened and they recognized him; but he disappeared from them. And they said to each other: “Were not our hearts burning within us as he was speaking to us on the road, as he was fully opening up the Scriptures to us?” (Luke 24:31-31)
    •  Jesus said to them: “Come, have your breakfast.” Not one of the disciples had the courage to ask him: “Who are you?” because they knew it was the Lord.  Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and the same with the fish. This was now the third time that Jesus appeared to the disciples after being raised up from the dead. (John 21:12-14)

• Pages
    edited October 2022

@Brother Rando

Thank you for your reply, and confirming that my summation of spirit and soul from the WT viewpoint is correct. 

"No. Nobody has a Soul."

"The soul, then, is the entire creature, not something inside that survives the death of the body."

Yes, I now see that my terminological use of has versus is came into play in my question and is reflected in your above response; which, still provides the answer to that particular question of mine.

By the above then, any creature is a soul whether residing in the physical, or non-physical, realm; in this case Michael. So it will be the case that when Michael's life-force was transferred into Mary's womb Michael ceased to exist in entirety as per the WT beliefs.

Since this life-force enables life only, and is impersonal, it cannot transfer what makes Michael, Michael – i.e., the entire creature.

So, I have to ask, since this impersonal life-force – likened to an electric current in the WT's words – being totally void of any trait, characteristic, or nature of a creature; how can this be seen to incorporate the personal Michael as being in the flesh Jesus?

"After Jesus ceased to exist for parts of three days he was resurrected to life once again but as a life giving spirit. "

I now better understand the thought process behind this statement. However, I do not see 1Cor. 15:45 as denoting any ontological change for Jesus. 

I believe it is clear from your statements that the resurrected Jesus is not at all the same Jesus who went to the cross, died, and was buried. It is asserted that he has a different body/soul since he is not recognized by those close to him following the resurrection. 

Additionally, those texts that have Jesus appearing from nowhere after his resurrection are considered to demonstrate this new non-physical body as well.

Yet, Jesus assures those close to him that it is truly him in the flesh – "flesh and bones" (Lk. 24:39).

In the referenced Luke text Jesus states positively he has a physical body that is comprised of flesh and bones, he does not state that he has a body of flesh and blood – a considerable difference in nomenclature. He still has a physical body though it be different in construct.

• @Pages Yet, Jesus assures those close to him that it is truly him in the flesh – "flesh and bones" (Lk. 24:39).

The fact remains nobody knew him by his personal appearance. And we are talking about his personal disciples here. When he appeared to them with wounds NOBODY exclaimed there is he... or it is Christ! They only recognized Jesus by the way he spoke and acted. Therefore as scripture states Yet, Jesus assures those close to him that it is truly him in the flesh – "flesh and bones" (Lk. 24:39).

Angels (sons of the true God) can manifest in the flesh, eat with humans and even procreate with humans by having offspring. (Genesis 6:2) Yet Jesus did what to prove he was alive?

• After he had suffered, he showed himself alive to them by many convincing proofsHe was seen by them throughout 40 days, and he was speaking about the Kingdom of God. (Acts 1:3)

@Pages I now better understand the thought process behind this statement. However, I do not see 1Cor. 15:45 as denoting any ontological change for Jesus. 

That's because you have no understanding and are lost and deny the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Jesus bought back mankind what Adam lost. (LIFE)  So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. (1 Cor 15:45)

Watchtower explanation:

The first man Adam . . . The last Adam: In the first part of the verse, Paul quotes from Ge 2:7 (“the man became a living person”), but he adds the words “first” and “Adam.” In the second part of the verse, he calls Jesus “the last Adam.” Then at 1Co 15:47, Paul calls Adam “the first man [or, “human”]” and Jesus “the second man [or, “human”].” The first Adam disobeyed his Father and Life-Giver; the last Adam showed complete obedience to Him. The first Adam spread sin to his offspring; the last Adam gave his human life as a sin-atoning sacrifice. (Ro 5:12, 18, 19) Jehovah then restored Jesus to life as a spirit. (1Pe 3:18) Like Adam, Jesus was a perfect man, so in harmony with His own justice, Jehovah could accept Jesus’ sacrifice as “a corresponding ransom” to buy back Adam’s descendants. This ransom sacrifice would restore to humans the life prospects that the first Adam had forfeited. (1Ti 2:5, 6) Thus, Jesus could rightfully be called “the last Adam,” a term that indicates that there will be no need for another Adam after him.​—Compare study notes on Lu 3:38; Ro 5:14.

a living person: Or “a living soul.” Paul is here quoting from Ge 2:7, where the Hebrew word neʹphesh is rendered “person” or, according to the footnote, “soul.” This Hebrew word literally means “a breathing creature.”​—See Glossary, “Soul.”

• Pages
    edited October 2022

@Brother Rando

So far, I see no response, or clarification, to me regarding the observation I made concerning Michael and the life-force transfer to Mary's womb and the subsequent ceasing of Michael's existence. As this life-force in creatures is what empowers life, and without that force the creature no longer exists – otherwise known as death.

The soul is not immortal, according to the WT, and is synonymous with body ("entire creature") ceasing to exist forever as it once was upon its death, i.e. removal/loss of its life-force.

The spirit, or life-force as it is called, is generic, there is not a single difference to distinguish one life-force from another life-force. What makes one creature to differ from another is the soul. 

Upon resurrection, as stated by the WT and quoted previously – "At the time of the resurrection, Jehovah will form a new body for a person sleeping in death and bring it to life by putting spirit, or life-force, in it." – a new body is the equivalent of a new soul bringing new creaturely identity with it. I suppose this would be more akin to re-incarnation then that of resurrection described by the NT. 

Anyway, I'll return to an earlier question of mine and ask it again of you.

Since this life-force enables life only, and is impersonal, it cannot transfer what makes Michael, Michael – i.e., the entire creature.

So, I have to ask, since this impersonal life-force – likened to an electric current in the WT's words – being totally void of any trait, characteristic, or nature of a creature; how can this be seen to incorporate the personal Michael as being in the flesh Jesus?

• @Pages So far, I see no response, or clarification, to me regarding the observation I made concerning Michael and the life-force transfer to Mary's womb and the subsequent ceasing of Michael's existence. As this life-force in creatures is what empowers life, and without that force the creature no longer exists – otherwise known as death.

Jehovah can do anything he pleases, who is going to check his hand? You? LOL.... Who do you think is the One who give Life in the first place? "Yahweh God formed the man of dust from the ground, and he blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." (Genesis 2:7)

• In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken For dust you are and to dust you will return.

• @Pages So, I have to ask, since this impersonal life-force – likened to an electric current in the WT's words – being totally void of any trait, characteristic, or nature of a creature; how can this be seen to incorporate the personal Michael as being in the flesh Jesus?

You know neither what a soul is nor do you have any understanding of what a life-force is. When Jehovah's Life force is given, then the creature it is given to becomes a living soul. Angels, humans, and animals are living souls.

Every living thing has Jehovah's Life Force, but Not everything living has Jehovah's Holy Spirit.

• animals have Jehovah's Life Force but not his Holy Spirit
    • satan and his demons no longer have Jehovah's Holy Spirit but still have his Life Force until destroyed

• @Pages October 7 So, I have to ask, since this impersonal life-force – likened to an electric current in the WT's words – being totally void of any trait, characteristic, or nature of a creature; how can this be seen to incorporate the personal Michael as being in the flesh Jesus?

@Brother Rando October 8 You know neither what a soul is nor do you have any understanding of what a life-force is. When Jehovah's Life force is given, then the creature it is given to becomes a living soul. Angels, humans, and animals are living souls.

Internet search site:jw.org life-force electricity soul results included What is a Soul? What is the Spirit? ​— Meaning of Bible Terms

WHEN you hear the terms “soul” and “spirit,” what comes to your mind? Many believe that these words mean something invisible and immortal that exists inside us. They think that at death this invisible part of a human leaves the body and lives on. Since this belief is so widespread, many are surprised to learn that it is not at all what the Bible teaches. What, then, is the soul, and what is the spirit, according to God’s Word?

“SOUL” AS USED IN THE BIBLE

First, consider the soul. You may remember that the Bible was originally written mainly in Hebrew and Greek. When writing about the soul, the Bible writers used the Hebrew word neʹphesh or the Greek word psy·kheʹ. These two words occur well over 800 times in the Scriptures, and the New World Translation renders them “soul,” either in the main text or in footnotes. When you examine the way “soul” or “souls” is used in the Bible, it becomes evident that this word basically refers to (1) people, (2) animals, or (3) the life that a person or an animal has. Let us consider some scriptures that present these three different senses.

People. “In Noah’s day . . . a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water.” (1 Peter 3:20) Here the word “souls” clearly stands for people​—Noah, his wife, his three sons, and their wives. Exodus 16:16 mentions instructions given to the Israelites regarding the gathering of manna. They were told to gather it “according to the number of the people [“souls,” footnote]” that each of them had in his tent. So the amount of manna that was gathered was based on the number of people in each family. Some other Biblical examples of the application of “soul” or “souls” to a person or to people are in the footnotes found at Genesis 46:18; Joshua 11:11; Acts 27:37; and Romans 13:1.

Animals. In the Bible’s creation account, we read: “Then God said: ‘Let the waters swarm with living creatures [“souls,” footnote], and let flying creatures fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.’ Then God said: ‘Let the earth bring forth living creatures [“souls,” footnote] according to their kinds, domestic animals and creeping animals and wild animals of the earth according to their kinds.’ And it was so.” (Genesis 1:20, 24) In this passage, fish, domestic animals, and wild animals are all referred to by the same word​—“souls.” Birds and other animals are called souls in the footnotes found at Genesis 9:10; Leviticus 11:46; and Numbers 31:28.

Life of a person. Sometimes the word “soul” means the life of a person. Jehovah told Moses: “All the men who were seeking to kill you [“seeking your soul,” footnote] are dead.” (Exodus 4:19) What were Moses’ enemies trying to do? They were seeking to take Moses’ life. Earlier, while Rachel was giving birth to her son Benjamin, “her life was slipping away [“her soul was going out,” footnote].” (Genesis 35:16-19) At that time, Rachel lost her life. Consider also Jesus’ words: “I am the fine shepherd; the fine shepherd surrenders his life [“soul,” footnote] in behalf of the sheep.” (John 10:11) Jesus gave his soul, or life, in behalf of mankind. In these Bible passages, or in the footnotes, the word “soul” clearly refers to the life of a person. You will find more examples of this sense of “soul” either in the text or in the footnotes found at 1 Kings 17:17-23; Matthew 10:39; John 15:13; and Acts 20:10.

A further study of God’s Word will show you that nowhere in the entire Bible are the terms “immortal” or “everlasting” linked with the word “soul.” Instead, the Scriptures state that a soul is mortal, meaning that it dies. (Ezekiel 18:4, 20) Therefore, the Bible calls someone who has died simply a “dead soul.”​—Leviticus 21:11, footnote.

Curious about @Brother Rando assertion 'Angels, humans, and animals are living souls.' since angels were NOT mentioned in the JW.org “SOUL” AS USED IN THE BIBLE (in "What does the Bible Really Teach" book)

Searching Lexham Hebrew Bible and SBL Greek New Testament (using a custom series) for (<Lemma = lbs/he/נֶ֫פֶשׁ> OR <Lemma = lbs/el/ψυχή>) found 857 results so I agree with Watchtower Society "When writing about the soul, the Bible writers used the Hebrew word neʹphesh or the Greek word psy·kheʹ. These two words occur well over 800 times in the Scriptures,"

However my search results found some "SOUL" verses to consider.

How can a soul be part of ❤️ loving Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God ? Deuteronomy 6:4-6 LEB =>

“Hear, Israel, יהוה Yahweh our אלהים God, יהוה Yahweh is unique. And you shall love יהוה Yahweh your אלהים God with all of your heart and with all of your soul and with all of your might. And these words that I am commanding you today shall be on your heart.

Why did the Watchtower Society publish 'A further study of God’s Word will show you that nowhere in the entire Bible are the terms “immortal” or “everlasting” linked with the word “soul.”' that is factually false ? Isaiah 55:3-5 LEB =>

Extend your ear, and come to me!  Listen so that your soul may live, and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, the enduring proofs of the mercies shown to David. Look! I made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and a commander for the peoples. Look! You shall call a nation that you do not know, and a nation that does not know you shall run to you, because of יהוה Yahweh your אלהים God, and the holy one of Israel, for he has glorified you.” 

How can a soul be in an everlasting covenant with Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God ?

John 12:20-26 LEB =>

Now some Greeks were among those who had gone up in order to worship at the feast. So these approached Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and began asking him saying, “Sir, we want to see Jesus.”

Philip went and told Andrew. Andrew and Philip went and told Jesus.

And Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Man will be glorified. Truly, truly I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains by itself alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit. The one who loves his life loses it, and the one who hates his life in this world preserves it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me, and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. 

What is eternal life ?

Why did the Watchtower Society proclaim 'Instead, the Scriptures state that a soul is mortal, meaning that it dies. (Ezekiel 18:4, 20) ' ?

Scripture shows "the person (soul) sinning will die" in Ezekiel 18:1-32 LEB =>

And the word of יהוה Yahweh came to me, saying, “What do you mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel, saying, ‘The fathers, they ate unripe fruit, and the teeth of the child became blunt.’ As I live, declares the Lord יהוה Yahweh, it will surely not any longer be appropriate for you to quote this proverb in Israel! Look! All lives are mine. The lives of father and son alike are mine. The person sinning will die. And if a man is righteous and does justice and righteousness, and on the mountains he does not eat and he does not lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, and the wife of his neighbor he does not defile and he does not approach a woman of menstruation, and he oppresses no one and he returns a pledge for his loan and he commits no robbery and he gives his bread to the hungry and he covers a naked person with a garment, and he does not charge interest and he takes no usury, and he holds back his hand from injustice and he executes a judgment of fairness between persons, and in my statutes he goes about and my regulations he keeps, performing faithfully — then he is righteous, and certainly he will live,” declares the Lord יהוה Yahweh. 

And now he has a son, a violent one, who sheds blood and does any of these things (though he did not do all of these things), for the son also eats on the mountains and he defiles the wife of his neighbor. He oppresses the needy and the poor, and he commits robbery, and he does not return a pledge for a loan, and he lifts his eyes to the idols so he does a detestable thing. He charges interest and takes usury. Then, shall he live? He shall not live, for he did all of these detestable things. Surely he will die! His blood will be on him. 

And look! He has a son, and he sees all of the sin of his father that he did, and he sees it, but he does not do it. On the mountains he does not eat, and he does not lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, and the wife of his neighbor he does not defile. And he oppresses no one; he requires no pledge for a loan, and he does not commit robbery; he gives his bread to the hungry, and he covers the naked person with a garment. He brings back his hand from iniquity; he does not take interest and usury; he does my regulations; he goes in my statutes. He will not die because of the guilt of his father; he will surely live! Because his father oppressed severely; he stole from his brother; that which is not good he did in the midst of his people, and look! He will die through his guilt. 

Yet you say, ‘Why does the son not bear the guilt of the father?’ And since the son does justice and righteousness and he keeps all of my statutes and does them, he shall surely live! The person, the one sinning, will die. A son shall not bear the guilt of the father, and a father shall not bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be on him; the wickedness of the wicked shall be on him. But if the wicked returns from all of his sins that he has done and he keeps all of my statutes and he does justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die! All of his transgressions that he committed will not be remembered against him. Through his righteousness that he has done he shall live. Have I delight by any means in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord יהוה Yahweh, and not at his turning from his way, so that he lives? And when the righteous turns from his righteousness, so that he does injustice, and does all of the detestable things that the wicked do, then will he live because of all of his righteousness that he did? Those things will not be remembered because of his infidelity that he displayed, and because of his sin that he committed. Through them he shall die. 

Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair!’ Listen, now, house of Israel, is my way not fair? Is it not your ways that are not fair? When the righteous turns from his righteousness, and he does injustice, then he will die because of them; because of his injustice that he did he will die! And when the wicked turns from his wickedness that he did and he does justice and righteousness, he will preserve his life. And if he sees and he returns from all of his transgressions that he did, surely he will live; he will not die! And yet they, the house of Israel, say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair!’ Are not my ways fair, house of Israel? Are not your ways unfair?

Therefore I will judge you, house of Israel, each one according to his ways,” declares the Lord יהוה Yahweh. “Repent and turn around from all of your transgression, and it will not be as a stumbling block of iniquity to you. Throw away from yourselves all of your transgressions that you committed, and make for yourselves a new heart and new spirit, and so why will you die, house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of the dying,” declares the Lord יהוה Yahweh. “And so repent and live!” 

What death awaits the person (soul) sinning against Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God ?

What life awaits the person (soul) choosing to repent from sin & be righteous ?

Watchtower Society publishes Reasoning from the Scriptures that has many topical articles: e.g. Soul ends with

See also pages 100-102, under the heading “Death.”

Death

Definition: The ceasing of all functions of life. After breathing, heartbeat, and brain activity stop, the life-force gradually ceases to function in body cells. Death is the opposite of life.

What is the condition of the dead?

Eccl. 9:5: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.”

Ps. 146:4: “His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts [“thoughts,” KJ, 145:4 in Dy; “all his thinking,” NE; “plans,” RS, NAB] do perish.”

John 11:11-14: “‘Lazarus our friend has gone to rest, but I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep.’ . . . Jesus said to them outspokenly: ‘Lazarus has died.’” (Also Psalm 13:3)

How can Jesus be the archangel Michael as four year old Colton Burpo saw both Jesus & the archangel Michael in March 2003 ?

Heaven is for Real special movie edition for Target has a Question & Answer section, which includes Colton Burpo at age 14

A: I do remember most of it, but some of it has faded since it's been ten years. The clearest things I remember are sitting on Jesus' lap and being able to meet my sister and my great grandfather. Also, [the archangel] Michael's huge flaming sword.

FYI: a near death experience from a ruptured appendix in four year old Colton Burpo had three human minutes in Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's heaven.

@Brother Rando October 7 Jesus bought back mankind what Adam lost. (LIFE) So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. (1 Cor 15:45)

How could the new life-giving spirit in the resurrected Jesus have known old prophecies ?

Luke 24:13-43 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

And behold, on that same day, two of them were traveling to a village named Emmaus that was sixty stadia distant from Jerusalem, and they were conversing with one another about all these things that had happened. And it happened that while they were conversing, and discussing, Jesus himself also approached and began to go along with them, but their eyes were prevented from recognizing him.

And he said to them, “What are these matters that you are discussing with one another as you are walking along?

And they stood still, looking sad. And one of them, named Cleopas, answered and said to him, “Are you the only one living near Jerusalem and not knowing the things that have happened in it in these days?”

And he said to them, “What things?

So they said to him, “The things concerning Jesus the Nazarene, a man who was a prophet, powerful in deed and word before אלהים God and all the people, and how our chief priests and rulers handed him over to a sentence of death, and crucified him. But we were hoping that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. But in addition to all these things, this is the third day since these things took place. But also some women from among us astonished us, who were at the tomb early in the morning, and when they did not find his body, they came back saying they had seen even a vision of angels, who said that he was alive! And some of those with us went out to the tomb and found it like this, just as the women had also said, but him they did not see.”

And he said to them, “O foolish and slow in heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary that the Christ suffer these things and enter into his glory?

And beginning from Moses and from all the prophets, he interpreted to them the things concerning himself in all the scriptures. And they drew near to the village where they were going, and he acted as though he was going farther.

And they urged him strongly, saying, “Stay with us, because it is getting toward evening, and by this time the day is far spent.”

And he went in to stay with them. And it happened that when he reclined at the table with them, he took the bread and gave thanks, and after breaking it, he gave it to them. And their eyes were opened, and they recognized him, and he became invisible to them. And they said to one another, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he was speaking with us on the road, while he was explaining the scriptures to us?” And they got up that same hour and returned to Jerusalem and found the eleven and those with them assembled, saying, “The יהוה Lord has really been raised, and has appeared to Simon!” And they began describing what happened on the road, and how he was recognized by them in the breaking of the bread. 

And while they were saying these things, he himself stood there among them. But they were startled and became terrified, and thought they had seen a ghost.

And he said to them, “Why are you frightened? And for what reason do doubts arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet, that I am I myself! Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see that I have.

And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they were still disbelieving because of joy and were marveling, he said to them, “Do you have anything to eat here?

So they gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in front of them. 

What kind of body did the resurrected יהוה Salvation have so He could eat fish and physically be touched ?

@Brother Rando October 6 There is only One Archangel that means one of a kind, pre-eminent, head of the rest, the beginning.

Searching Greek New Testament and Septuagint for <Lemma = lbs/el/ἀρχάγγελος> finds three verses: 1 Thessalonians 4:16, Jude 9, & Enoch 20:7

What are the names of the seven Archangels in Enoch 20:1-7 LES =>

These are the angels of powers: Uriel, one of the holy angels, who is over the world and the netherworld; Raphael, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits of men; Raguel, one of the holy angels, who avenges the world of luminaries; Michael, one of the holy angels, who was appointed over the good ones of the people and over the chaos; Sariel, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits who sin in the spirit; Gabriel, one of the holy angels, who is over paradise and the dragons and Cherubim. These are the seven names of the archangels. 

Rick Brannan et al., eds., The Lexham English Septuagint (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Enoch 20:1–7.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2022

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ How can Jesus be the archangel Michael as four year old Colton Burpo saw both Jesus & the archangel Michael in March 2003 ?

Four year old Colton Burpo saw Jesus & the huge flaming sword in March 2003. "I do remember most of it, but some of it has faded since it's been ten years. The clearest things I remember are sitting on Jesus' lap and being able to meet my sister and my great grandfather. Also, [the archangel] Michael's huge flaming sword."

If you notice the quote of Colton, he never stated he Saw Michael but JESUS and MICHAEL'S huge flaming sword because Jesus is Michael. Maybe you should read about Jesus Christ in (Revelation 1:12-18)

I turned to see who was speaking with me, and when I turned, I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands someone like a son of man, clothed in a garment that reached down to the feet and wearing a golden sash around his chest. Moreover, his head and his hair were white as white wool, as snow, and his eyes were like a fiery flame, and his feet were like fine copper when glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars, and out of his mouth a sharp, long, two-edged sword was protruding, and his countenance was like the sun when it shines at its brightest. When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave. Revelation 1:12-18

• Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus
    Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Posts: 1,120
    edited October 2022

@Brother Rando October 8 If you notice the quote of Colton, he never stated he Saw Michael but JESUS and MICHAEL'S huge flaming sword because Jesus is Michael.

Thank you for expressing your faith belief so I looked in Heaven Changes Everything: The Rest of Our Story Q & A section (on page 227 in ISBN 978-0-7180-3656-0 paperback):

How big is Jesus ?

Colton describes Jesus as being of normal human height. Gabriel is about one and a half times as tall as a man, and the archangel Michael was at least two times taller. Even though these angels are taller than Jesus, according to Colton, Jesus is way more powerful.

How could Colton describe the heights of Jesus, Gabriel, and archangel Michael without seeing them in heaven ?

To me, Revelation 1:12-18 (especially "I am the First and the Last, and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever") is consistent with Isaiah 44:6-8 LEB =>

Thus says יהוה Yahweh, the king of Israel, and its redeemer, יהוה Yahweh of hosts: 

“I am the first, and I am the last, and there is no god besides me. 

And who is like me? Let him proclaim it

And let him declare it and set it in order for me since I established an eternal people and things that are to come, 

and let them tell them the things that are coming. 

You must not tremble, and you must not be paralyzed with fear. 

Have I not made you hear from of old and declared it, and you are my witnesses? 

Is there a god besides me? 

And there is no rock! I know none!” 

Why did יהוה Salvation (יהוה Yahweh of hosts) command be believing in יהוה Salvation the same as be believing in the eternal אלהים God ?

πιστεύετε εἰς τὸν θεόν, καὶ εἰς ἐμὲ πιστεύετε (John 14:1 Greek phrase spoken by יהוה Salvation)

Be Ye Believing in The God, also in Me Be Ye Believing (my translation shows continuous believing action command in present time)

Keep Smiling 😊

Post edited by Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus on
  • Brother Rando
    edited October 2022

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ

Your lie about four year Colton seeing Yahweh or Michael the archangel is deceptive and untrue. According to four year old Colton Burpo saw Jesus & the huge flaming sword in March 2003. "I do remember most of it, but some of it has faded since it's been ten years. The clearest things I remember are sitting on Jesus' lap and being able to meet my sister and my great grandfather. Also, [the archangel] Michael's huge flaming sword." This proves that Jesus is not God. "No man as seen God at any time"

He never claimed seeing three persons or three voices but only Jesus and the huge flaming sword from your quote. Jesus is Michael -who is like God? With us is God? The angel that inherited the Name that made him better than the angels. (Hebrews 1:4)

I turned to see who was speaking with me, and when I turned, I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands someone like a son of man, clothed in a garment that reached down to the feet and wearing a golden sash around his chest. Moreover, his head and his hair were white as white wool, as snow, and his eyes were like a fiery flame, and his feet were like fine copper when glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars, and out of his mouth a sharp, long, two-edged sword was protruding, and his countenance was like the sun when it shines at its brightest. When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave. Revelation 1:12-18

Even though YOU claim God became dead and is like a son of man. Scriptures say the opposite. אלהים is referring to ANGELS. Strong's Exhaustive Concordance - angels, exceeding, God, very great, mighty - none of these titles include ALMIGHTY.

Michael is Mighty God which refers to Strong One or Strong Angel. Even Moses is אלהים. There is no (as) or (a) in the Hebrew language. Of course Michael the Archangel is one of a kind and the unique Son of God. There are no other Archangels in the Bible. The Chief Messenger is the Word of God in the beginning.

• the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. (1 Thess 4:17)
    • the three voices commanding call, archangel’s voice, and God’s trumpet come from the same person (the Lord himself)

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ Have I not made you hear from of old and declared it, and you are my witnesses? 

Is there a god besides me? 

And there is no rock! I know none!” Isaiah 44:8

Interesting, very interesting. You are now claiming Yahweh is a god (Isaiah 44:8) but deny Jesus is a god in (John 1:1) You are warped and diluted.

Another interesting scripture is: And God said again to Moses, “So you must say to the ⌊Israelites⌋,  ‘Yahweh, the God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever, and this is my remembrance from generation to generation.’ (Exodus 3:15)

So when did God's Name get changed from Yahweh to Jesus if Yahweh is God's Name FOREVER?

• @Brother Rando October 8 Your lie about four year Colton seeing Yahweh or Michael the archangel is deceptive and untrue. According to four year old Colton Burpo saw Jesus & the huge flaming sword in March 2003. "I do remember most of it, but some of it has faded since it's been ten years. The clearest things I remember are sitting on Jesus' lap and being able to meet my sister and my great grandfather. Also, [the archangel] Michael's huge flaming sword." This proves that Jesus is not God. "No man as seen God at any time"

He never claimed seeing three persons or three voices but only Jesus and the huge flaming sword from your quote.

Thank you for expressing your faith belief reaction ("Your lie about four year Colton seeing Yahweh or Michael the archangel is deceptive and untrue.") so I looked again in Heaven Changes Everything: The Rest of Our Story Q & A section (on pages 226-227 in ISBN 978-0-7180-3656-0 paperback):

Q&A About God

Can you explain what God looks like ?

Colton describes God the Father by his love, explaining that you can feel his love everywhere. But he has no person or thing to measure him against. No one comes close to God's size. Colton remembers that the angel Gabriel is the being in heaven that most resembles God the Father. The colors Gabriel had on his clothes were the same colors God the Father wore.

How big is Jesus ?

Colton describes Jesus as being of normal human height. Gabriel is about one and a half times as tall as a man, and the archangel Michael was at least two times taller. Even though these angels are taller than Jesus, according to Colton, Jesus is way more powerful.

Do God and the Holy Spirit have wings ?

Colton says God the Father has wings but the Holy Spirit does not. He describes the Holy Spirit as bluish and transparent; you can see through him. Colton is very quick to point out that you know he is there and that you can recognize him even though you can't see a form or figure, because he is almost ghost-like. He is hard to describe, but you know he is there.

Is God on earth today, or is He just in heaven ?

He is actually in both places. Before Jesus returned to heaven, he told his disciples he would send the Holy Spirit to help them. God is actually three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, who is everywhere ! Because of the Spirit, you never have to worry about being alone. Even though you can't see the Holy Spirit, he is always with you.

The "Q & A About God" has four questions with answers from four year old Colton's memories.

@Brother Rando October 8 Even though YOU claim God became dead and is like a son of man. Scriptures say the opposite. אלהים is referring to ANGELS. Strong's Exhaustive Concordance - angels, exceeding, God, very great, mighty - none of these titles include ALMIGHTY.

What scripture shows אלהים (NOT 'sons of אלהים') referring to angels ?

What is the difference between a Concordance and a Dictionary/Lexicon ?

To me, the "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance" quoted by @Brother Rando for definitions embeds Watchtower Society beliefs (while lacking concordance verse list for word occurences).

@Brother Rando October 8 There are no other Archangels in the Bible.

What was Greek Scripture in Jewish synagogues when Jewish Rabbi Jesus walked on earth ~2,000 years ago ?

Searching Greek Septuagint (LXX) for <Lemma = lbs/el/ἀρχάγγελος> finds one verse: Enoch 20:7 =>

These are the angels of powers: Uriel, one of the holy angels, who is over the world and the netherworld; Raphael, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits of men; Raguel, one of the holy angels, who avenges the world of luminaries; Michael, one of the holy angels, who was appointed over the good ones of the people and over the chaos; Sariel, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits who sin in the spirit; Gabriel, one of the holy angels, who is over paradise and the dragons and Cherubim. These are the seven names of the archangels

Rick Brannan et al., eds., The Lexham English Septuagint (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Enoch 20:1–7.

What are the names of the seven Archangels ?

@Brother Rando October 8 So when did God's Name get changed from Yahweh to Jesus if Yahweh is God's Name FOREVER?

Why did יהוה Yahweh declare name " יהוה of Righteousness we " for King Righteous (Melchizedek) יהוה Salvation (Jesus Christ) as it is written in Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB ? =>

Keep Smiling 😊

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ What was Greek Scripture in Jewish synagogues when Jewish Rabbi Jesus walked on earth ~2,000 years ago ? Searching Greek Septuagint (LXX) for finds one verse: Enoch 20:7 =>

There is no such thing as Enoch 20:7 in the Greek Septuagint (LXX) . You took the demonic teaching from The Lexham English Septuagint (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Enoch 20:1–7 which is not even in the Bible but are Apostate and AntiChristian Doctrine.

The Complete Apocrypha includes Tobit, Judith, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Maccabees, 1st and 2nd Esdras, Prayer of Manasses, Enoch, Jubilees, Jasher, Psalm 151, and all of the apocryphal additions to Daniel and Esther (including The Prayer of Azariah, Susanna, and Bel and the Dragon).

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ These are the angels of powers: Uriel, one of the holy angels, who is over the world and the netherworld; Raphael, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits of men; Raguel, one of the holy angels, who avenges the world of luminaries; Michael, one of the holy angels, who was appointed over the good ones of the people and over the chaos; Sariel, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits who sin in the spirit; Gabriel, one of the holy angels, who is over paradise and the dragons and Cherubim. These are the seven names of the archangels

Archangel is always in singular and so is dragon in the Bible. "Another sign was seen in heaven. Look! A great fiery-colored dragon, with seven heads and ten horns and on its heads seven diadems;" (Rev 12:3)

Your puny god is losing and has already been hurled out of Heaven. You worship and pray to the dragon but he has no hold on me. "And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled  but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven." (Rev 12:7-8)

By the way, I found this interesting on the Logos website. I wonder why you kept this hidden?? Darby Bible.... Psalm 83:18 "That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, art the Most High over all the earth." John Nelson Darby, The Holy Scriptures: A New Translation from the Original Languages (Oak Harbor: Logos Research Systems, 1996), Ps 83:18.

• Pages

@Brother Rando

"Jehovah can do anything he pleases, who is going to check his hand? You? LOL...."

I didn't ask whether God could, or could not, do something; I asked a specific question of you regarding the foundational WT belief and stated position on life-force and the application of this WT teaching to Michael and Jesus.

"Who do you think is the One who give Life in the first place? "Yahweh God formed the man of dust from the ground, and he blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." (Genesis 2:7)"

Not even relevant to my question.

"You know neither what a soul is nor do you have any understanding of what a life-force is. When Jehovah's Life force is given, then the creature it is given to becomes a living soul. Angels, humans, and animals are living souls."

Again, not at all relevant to the question asked.

Given the rhetoric of your first statement in reply to my question and the two continuing non-relevant responses; you most likely now grasp the issue of disconnection presented by the the WT's position regarding the impersonal life-force and the actual praxis of it in the case of Michael and Jesus.

Once again, the original question I asked of you is:

• Brother Rando
    edited October 2022

@Pages Once again, the original question I asked of you is:

Since this life-force enables life only, and is impersonal, it cannot transfer what makes Michael, Michael – i.e., the entire creature.

So, I have to ask, since this impersonal life-force – likened to an electric current in the WT's words – being totally void of any trait, characteristic, or nature of a creature; how can this be seen to incorporate the personal Michael as being in the flesh Jesus?

Same answer. Jehovah transferred Michael's Life Force into Mary womb by Holy Spirit. He did not die but was transferred. Life is an energy force supplied by Jehovah, you are a living soul, this vital force doesn't belong to you. It belongs to Jehovah and he can do with it whatever he wishes.

• Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die. (Ezekiel 18:4)
    • Therefore, Jehovah himself will give you a sign: Look! The young woman will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and she will name him Im·manʹu·el. (Ezekiel 7:4)
    • The angel Gabriel was under the Commander Michael the Archangel authority and gave witness about him and was the Angel that named him through prophecy JESUS. (Matthew 1:23)
    • And sweep through Judah. He will flood and pass through, reaching to the neck; O Im·manʹu·el!” (Isaiah 8:8)

Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’ (1 Timothy 3:16)

During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. (Hebrews 5:7)

• Pages

@Brother Rando

"Same answer. Jehovah transferred Michael's Life Force into Mary womb by Holy Spirit.

Yes, this is what you originally stated, and is of course the official position of the WT on this matter. And the above statement became the initiator of this discussion we are presently engaged in.

"He did not die but was transferred."

This is in complete contradiction to the definition given life-force and creaturely existence by the WT: the following are from (Your Soul, Your Spirit and the Hereafter; The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom—1968) Jw.org.

• "But without that spirit, or life-force, our bodies “die and return to the dust” as the psalmist stated."
    • "Whereas the human soul is the living person himself, the spirit is simply the life force that enables that person to be alive. The spirit has no personality, nor can it do the things a person can do. It cannot think, speak, hear, see or feel. In that respect, it might be likened to the electric current of a car’s battery."

"Life is an energy force supplied by Jehovah, you are a living soul, this vital force doesn't belong to you."

No one is disputing the above; however, this life-force supplied by God as defined by the WT is simply generic and a one-size-fits-all concept. 

In other words, as stated previously, this life-force simply enables life and without it there is no life, no existence. The life-force, itself, contributes nothing whatsoever to a creature's identity as mentioned previously, i.e. what makes Michael, Michael, is not found in the life-force. When this life-force is removed from a creature by any means the creature no longer exists – death. This is consistent with WT teaching regarding the matter.

Given the above definitional WT statements on this matter and going back to your "He did not die but was transferred." remark – it is quite illogical, and incoherent, to suppose the creature Michael survived his life-force removal.