Trump laughed at by world leaders at the UN

2»

Comments

• @C_M_ said:
    Is Trump taking the US down or is the USA's past is catching up with her? CM

Most likely the latter ...

Trump is only one front figure at this time ... I think, the situation would have perhaps already been further down with a "Hillary" president

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:
    Trump becomes a punchline at the U.N.

By Ishaan Tharoor
    September 27 at 12:59 AM
    Want smart analysis of the most important news in your inbox every weekday along with other global reads, interesting ideas and opinions to know? Sign up for the Today’s WorldView newsletter.

Slights of the round table (Eduardo Munoz)
    Even the most bullish of President Trump’s supporters would have a tough time classifying his performance at the United Nations this week as a success.

His Tuesday address to the U.N. General Assembly will be remembered for the mocking laughter that followed his claim that the Trump administration has, so far, “accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country.”

It didn’t get much better the next day: Trump chaired a session of the U.N. Security Council on weapons of mass destruction and nonproliferation, hoping to gin up support for his administration’s hard-line stance on the Iran nuclear deal. “This horrible, one-sided deal allowed Iran to continue its path toward a bomb and gave the regime a cash lifeline when they needed it the most,” Trump complained. “They were in big, big trouble. They needed cash. We gave it to them.”

Instead, virtually every other member country took turns scolding the United States for its undermining of the nuclear deal with Tehran. Trump’s withdrawal from the Iran deal and reimposition of sanctions on Iran was condemned by politicians ranging from the president of Peru to the vice president of the Ivory Coast to the foreign minister of Kazakhstan.

Bolivian President Evo Morales launched the most scathing attack, citing decades of malign American interference in the Middle East and then lashing out at Trump for acts such as separating migrant parents from their children at the U.S.-Mexico border. The United States, Morales said, “could not care less about human rights or justice." Trump could only thank Morales for his remarks.

I applaud the President for standing up against the nuclear agreement. Good for him! Glad this president has a backbone and some sense.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@reformed said:

I applaud the President for standing up against the nuclear agreement. Good for him! Glad this president has a backbone and some sense.

The "President has a backbone", so you say, but what about his soul, compassion, and conscience? Sad. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

The "President has a backbone", so you say, but what about his soul, compassion, and conscience? Sad. CM

What about it?

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@reformed said: I applaud the President for standing up against the nuclear agreement. Good for him! Glad this president has a backbone and some sense.

>

What about it?

I don't hold the same view of your President as I do. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said: I applaud the President for standing up against the nuclear agreement. Good for him! Glad this president has a backbone and some sense.

>

What about it?

I don't hold the same view of your President as I do. CM

I live in the real world, you live somewhere through the looking glass.