Back-to-School and the Encounter with Guns --by CM

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@GaoLu said:

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said: # * Latest research shows that 97.8% of Mass Shootings Happen in Gun-Free Zones

# * 2.2 percent of mass shootings happen where people can carry firearms

Leave Bill out of this. Respect his voluntary absence.

I will if I choose and I choose to include Bill. You/Bill are still not my mother. I know what his "voluntary absence means" which you know a surprising amount about out the blue and how easily you are lured from the woodwork. Its all gotten most comical--much more so since that very revealing hoax was accidentally made so evident.

It is in a post, have you not read?

I am getting great mileage from the great Billum hoax and probably shall for some time. Go ahead and try the usual bully/mama/politics/Billium tricks--they have become most conspicuously amusing.

I don't know what it is between you and Bill. Just leave me out of it.

Share your nonsense data to those who lost a loved one from these shootings. Sad, GaoLu. CM

That would be me.
    If you call that data nonsense, and you do, then you cannot be underestimated.

You seem to miss my point. Maybe this is by design. Regardless, your data will be of no comfort to a grieving family this fall or at the next mass shooting. CM

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

@C_M_ said:

mhm

I am getting great mileage from the great Billum hoax and probably shall for some time. Go ahead and try the usual bully/mama/politics/Billium tricks--they have become most conspicuously amusing.

You are in it only as much as you participate which seems to be a great deal.

Share your nonsense data to those who lost a loved one from these shootings. Sad, GaoLu. CM

That would be me.
    If you call that data nonsense, and you do, then you cannot be underestimated.

You seem to miss my point. Maybe this is by design. Regardless, your data will be of no comfort to a grieving family this fall or at the next mass shooting. CM

1. I got your point. More clearly than you can imagine.
    2. The data is not mine.
    3. Right. It is not intended to comfort or discomfort as far as I know. It is data.
  • C Mc

@GaoLu said:

@C_M_ said: It is in a post, have you not read?

mhm
    You are in it only as much as you participate which seems to be a great deal.

--------      --------   -----    ----   ----  

1. I got your point. More clearly than you can imagine.
    2. The data is not mine.
    3. Right. It is not intended to comfort or discomfort as far as I know. It is data.

All the more, my point remains, as above, to your points, 1-3. CM

• GaoLu

@C_M_ said:

Maybe you would like to share this post from Bill that you just happen to know about.

• C Mc

Guns, Guns, they are no fun;
    Whether AR-15 or handguns

Do you care for the precious ones?
    Or the school districts cost overruns
    ?

I know this, you may not want to hear;
    but if there is any loss, we'll have to bear

Do what you can to legislate a command;
    Where no teacher or school official will be seen with a gun in hand

This you may not understand;
    I believe it's God's plans
    . -- by CM

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:
    Guns, Guns, they are no fun;
    Whether AR-15 or handguns

Actually both are a LOT of fun.

Do you care for the precious ones?
    Or the school districts cost overruns
    ?

????

I know this, you may not want to hear;
    but if there is any loss, we'll have to bear

????

Do what you can to legislate a command;
    Where no teacher or school official will be seen with a gun in hand

Why?

This you may not understand;
    I believe it's God's plans
    . -- by CM

I believe God wants us to defend ourselves.

• C Mc

@reformed said: I believe God wants us to defend ourselves.

It sounds like you are about to make another colossal mistake again. It sounds like this time you're saying a gun is to replace faith. Or, God instructed believers to rely upon a Gun over faith. Is the gun a replacement for angels? Do you see a gun or all guns as a sanctified instrument for families or individual of heaven to protect? Is this what you're saying? This is the point for you to rethink your wording.

As for your other remarks, I will withhold, until I hear from GaoLu. Thanks for your response. CM

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018

@C_M_ said:

As for your other remarks, I will withhold, until I hear from GaoLu. Thanks for your response. CM

Slow down, Bubba. First, maybe you would honor my question that you evaded 3 posts above which says:

@GaoLu said:

@C_M_ said:

Maybe you would like to share this post from Bill that you just happen to know about.

If you don't--now won't that be interesting!

• C Mc

GaoLu,
    For sharing, you may address me as CM. I am not your "Bubba". Other than the OP above, you can exercise your option to start a new thread.

I understand you have little interest in removing or preventing guns in schools, but at least we can have a discussion of reason. CM

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018

Go ahead, Bubba, tell us what Bill said. If anyone should know it would be you.

Or, maybe someone made yet another mistake.

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018

While we wait (probably forever for the answer that may not exist) maybe, @C_M_, could you tell us if you have this feeling that guns are possessed with spirits or have some kind of innate power? How would you describe how you feel about a gun--the actual gun itself?

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

It sounds like you are about to make another colossal mistake again. It sounds like this time you're saying a gun is to replace faith. Or, God instructed believers to rely upon a Gun over faith. Is the gun a replacement for angels? Do you see a gun or all guns as a sanctified instrument for families or individual of heaven to protect? Is this what you're saying? This is the point for you to rethink your wording.

Do you use medicine? If so, why do you not have faith God will heal you?

Faith doesn't mean you lose common sense.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Reformed,

Do you use medicine?

You asked me this as though you don't know what is appropriate for a public forum. I expected more maturity from you.

"Why do you not have faith God" that can protect you and your family without a gun? Why do you not feel safe without a gun in her home or your child's school?

Notwithstanding, "faith" goes beyond "common sense" and human reasoning. See the thread on faith. Better yet, When it comes to faith, please, read Heb. 2:17- begin; Heb. 3:1-6, expand; and Heb. 11:1-39, full development. After this, you will find greater peace finally live without a gun. God is your protector.

• 1 Peter 5:7 -- "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you".
    • Psalms 44:6 -- "For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me".
    • Psalms 91:2 -- "I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust".

In addition, faith is " full assurance", "trust" or "absolute confidence". God is enough for all of your life and fears! So, please, Reformed, answer my original questions:

@C_M_ said:
    It sounds like you are about to make another colossal mistake again. It sounds like this time you're saying a gun is to replace faith...
    Is the gun a replacement for angels?
    Do you see a gun or all guns as a sanctified instrument[s] for families or individual of heaven to protect?
    Is this what you're saying? CM

Did God instructed you to rely upon a Gun over faith?

Reformed, come clean with your fears, need for guns and weak faith. “Live by the gun, die by the gun".

• Psalms 118:8 -- "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man".
    • Hebrews 2:13 -- "And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me".
    • 2 Samuel 22:31 -- "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him".

As we wait Christ's return, cradling Guns are not what Christians are asked or required to do. There will no guns in heaven. Guns were made to kill. There will be no more death. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Reformed,

Do you use medicine?

You asked me this as though you don't know what is appropriate for a public forum. I expected more maturity from you.

"Why do you not have faith God" that can protect you and your family without a gun? Why do you not feel safe without a gun in her home or your child's school?

Notwithstanding, "faith" goes beyond "common sense" and human reasoning. See the thread on faith. Better yet, When it comes to faith, please, read Heb. 2:17- begin; Heb. 3:1-6, expand; and Heb. 11:1-39, full development. After this, you will find greater peace finally live without a gun. God is your protector.

• 1 Peter 5:7 -- "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you".
    • Psalms 44:6 -- "For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me".
    • Psalms 91:2 -- "I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust".

In addition, faith is " full assurance", "trust" or "absolute confidence". God is enough for all of your life and fears! So, please, Reformed, answer my original questions:

@C_M_ said:
    It sounds like you are about to make another colossal mistake again. It sounds like this time you're saying a gun is to replace faith...
    Is the gun a replacement for angels?
    Do you see a gun or all guns as a sanctified instrument[s] for families or individual of heaven to protect?
    Is this what you're saying? CM

Did God instructed you to rely upon a Gun over faith?

Reformed, come clean with your fears, need for guns and weak faith. “Live by the gun, die by the gun".

• Psalms 118:8 -- "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man".
    • Hebrews 2:13 -- "And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me".
    • 2 Samuel 22:31 -- "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him".

As we wait Christ's return, cradling Guns are not what Christians are asked or required to do. There will no guns in heaven. Guns were made to kill. There will be no more death. CM

How is asking if you have ever used medicine inappropriate??? Have you ever gotten sick and taken medicine or an antibiotic? If the answer is yes, I guess you don't have faith.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

How is asking if you have ever used medicine inappropriate??? Have you ever gotten sick and taken medicine or an antibiotic? If the answer is yes, I guess you don't have faith.

Reformed,

• You don't need a gun to get better from illnesses.
    • A born-again, Holy Ghost-filled, blood-washed and blood-brought Christian doesn't need a gun to feel safe! God will take care of you! CM

PS. Didn't you appreciate the Bible promises and assurances above in the last post? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Reformed,

• You don't need a gun to get better from illnesses.
    • A born-again, Holy Ghost-filled, blood-washed and blood-brought Christian doesn't need a gun to feel safe! God will take care of you! CM

PS. Didn't you appreciate the Bible promises and assurances above in the last post? CM

I'll ask again since you refuse to address it because it blows your position out of the water.

Have you ever used any type of medicine? If so, why do you not have faith?

• C Mc

@reformed said:

See above posts. Thanks. CM

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018
  • reformed
    edited August 2018

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

You are dodging because you know I just blew your position out of the water. All you did was take verses out of context.

• GaoLu

Guns are not even a drop in the bucket of a problem compared to the liberal icon Chelsea Clinton. Yet there are some who stand in the gap:

An Open Letter to Chelsea Clinton About Abortion

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

You are dodging because you know I just blew your position out of the water. All you did was take verses out of context.

Only with Mr. Reformed's Strawman Theology, there are winners and losers. With the Bible, there is the truth! You need to get rid of your fears and stop hiding behind a gun for safety. Embrace the Word. Why do you doubt God can take care of you and your precious family at home and school? You don't have to live this way. Don't be a slave to which will surely fail you.

Besides, you're endangering your family. I'm sure, as a good Christian, you don't want to take a life. Guns were made to kill. I hope you are not teaching your child or your children to take life (people or animals). Don't put your family through this. There are many cops that can't shoot straight. Spare your family about this experience.

Once again, review the Scriptural passages above in this thread. What comfort are they? If you think they are out of context (and they're NOT) put them in the context, and be blessed, just the same. Fear not, God is your protector, not the gun. Come from behind it and the NRA and live in the sunshine of God's love. CM

@reformed said:
    @C_M_ said: There will no guns in heaven. Guns were made to kill. There will be no more death. CM

CORRECTION:

There will BE no guns in Heaven. Guns were made to kill. There will be no more death.

CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Only with Mr. Reformed's Strawman Theology, there are winners and losers. With the Bible, there is the truth! You need to get rid of your fears and stop hiding behind a gun for safety. Embrace the Word. Why do you doubt God can take care of you and your precious family at home and school? You don't have to live this way. Don't be a slave to which will surely fail you.

Besides, you're endangering your family. I'm sure, as a good Christian, you don't want to take a life. Guns were made to kill. I hope you are not teaching your child or your children to take life (people or animals). Don't put your family through this. There are many cops that can't shoot straight. Spare your family about this experience.

Once again, review the Scriptural passages above in this thread. What comfort are they? If you think they are out of context (and they're NOT) put them in the context, and be blessed, just the same. Fear not, God is your protector, not the gun. Come from behind it and the NRA and live in the sunshine of God's love. CM

@reformed said:
    @C_M_ said: There will no guns in heaven. Guns were made to kill. There will be no more death. CM

CORRECTION:

There will BE no guns in Heaven. Guns were made to kill. There will be no more death.

CM

There will also be no medicine. I guess you shouldn't use medicine. You still have yet to answer the question how you can have faith and use medicine at the same time.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

There will also be no medicine. I guess you shouldn't use medicine. You still have yet to answer the question how you can have faith and use medicine at the same time.

You are absolutely Right! Satan, Sin and the effects of sin will be done away (Rev 21). No more sickness (medicine). The leaves of the tree will be for the healing of the nation (people). So, Get rid of your gun and start living lives like heaven on earth. ;) CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

You are absolutely Right! Satan, Sin and the effects of sin will be done away (Rev 21). No more sickness (medicine). The leaves of the tree will be for the healing of the nation (people). So, Get rid of your gun and start living lives like heaven on earth. ;) CM

So do you vow to never take medicine again?

• C Mc

@reformed said:
    @C_M_ said:
    @reformed said:

There will also be no medicine. I guess you shouldn't use medicine. You still have yet to answer the question how you can have faith and use [the] medicine at the same time.

Wrong question!

1. Are you going give up your gun?
    2. Are you going to remove your support for the NRA and encourage others to do so?
    3. Will, you remove all guns from your home and trust God to protect you?
    4. Will you teach your children not to buy, handle, purchase or promote gun sales?
    5. Are you willing to reframe from killing people or animals with a gun?
    6. Are willing to use your voice and influences get guns out of the classrooms?

Be a true disciple, live without a gun, and enjoy the Son! CM

• GaoLu

When dealing with Figgy-Pudding C_M_, remember: "And of some have compassion, making a difference."

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    When dealing with Figgy-Pudding C_M_, remember: "And of some have compassion, making a difference."

N/A --CM

• GaoLu

If the Figgy Pudding fits, wear it.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:
    @C_M_ said:
    @reformed said:

There will also be no medicine. I guess you shouldn't use medicine. You still have yet to answer the question how you can have faith and use [the] medicine at the same time.

Wrong question!

No

1. Are you going to remove your support for the NRA and encourage others to do so?

No

1. Will, you remove all guns from your home and trust God to protect you?

Those aren't mutually exclusive.

1. Will you teach your children not to buy, handle, purchase or promote gun sales?

No

1. Are you willing to reframe from killing people or animals with a gun?

Not a fair question.

1. Are willing to use your voice and influences get guns out of the classrooms?

No

That's not the definition of a "true disciple"

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:
    @C_M_ said:
    @reformed said:

## Wrong question!
    No

Many in America are joined to their "guns, bullets, and religion".

That's not the definition of a "true disciple"

You're right. I am sorry you misread it so literally.

1. According to Webster's dictionary, it is "a person who believes in and helps disseminate the teachings of a master."
    2. The biblical word for 'disciple' means learner or student. "When a disciple is fully taught, he will be like his teacher" according to Luke 6:40.

• Kittel'sTheological Dictionary of the New Testament tells us, "disciples" denotes the men who have attached themselves to Jesus as their Master."
      • The word ’disciple' also means follower. In Jesus' day, it was customary for a teacher to travel around while his students literally followed him. They would ask questions and dialogue as they walked along with him. Thus, a disciple was one who followed Christ, who walked in his ways and sought to imitate him.

This statement clearly reflects what is seen in Scripture. When Jesus Christ called men into a discipleship relationship with Him He said, "Follow Me” (John 2:43).

1. "Disciples made sacrifices to adjust their lifestyles to obey Christ; they were a breed apart. A disciple was and is a person of concrete action and commitment."
    2. Hull says, "Jesus described a disciple as one who abides in Him, is obedient, bears fruit, glorifies God, has joy, and loves (John 15:7-17)."
    3. In today's business world, the closest synonym would be an apprentice. A disciple receives on-the-job training.

To be a disciple is to be a follower. Jesus carried nor used a gun. He gave live not take it. So, likewise his disciples.

Be a true disciple ["Learner", "student", "follower"] live without a gun [a weapon designed to kill], and enjoy [live, praise, be an example, at peace] the Son [Jesus, the Christ]! CM

SOURCES:

• -- Webster's II New Riverside Dictionary. Office Edition (New York: Berkley Books, 1984), 201.
    • -- Gerhard Kittel, ed., Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Vol. 4 (Grand Rapids: Michigan, Eerdmans Publishers, 1967), 441.
    • -- Josh Hunt with Dr. Lany Mays. Disciple-Making Teachers (Loveland, Colorado: Vital Ministry, 1998), 13.
    • -- Bill Hull. The Disciple Making Pastor (GrandRapids: Fleming H. Revell Co., 1988),56.