America's War on Children--Legislative Cruelty

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@Bill_Coley said:
    I have confirmed that the First Lady did in fact wear the "I Really Don't Care..." jacket onto the plane that took her to the border.

Earlier in the day, her spokesperson said the jacket was just "a jacket," with no "hidden message." The president later tweeted that the jacket gave the message that the First Lady "truly" no longer cares about the dishonesty of the "Fake News Media."

Decide for yourself. I have decided that that was a TERRIBLE jacket to wear at ANY time on a trip during which she intended to communicate compassion and concern.

It's stupid to critique the jacket, that is what I am saying.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

Wow, really? That is what she wore in DC, that is not what she wore on the border. Liberals need to get over themselves.

If you're saying she didn't wear that jacket at any point in her trip today - e.g. getting on the plane to fly to the border - please confirm so, and I will immediately apologize for my previous post. I don't at all mind critiquing the Trump administration, but I won't knowingly do so on the basis of Internet scams such as that picture would be if she didn't wear the jacket at all today.

But if she DID wear that jacket today - say, while boarding a plane to the border - then I don't apologize for my post, and I repeat my contention that she and her staff gotta know better. In political parlance, such a preventable and self-inflicted error is called "stepping on your message."

Say it ain't so Bill. It has been confirmed. The First Lady wore that jacket [whose back reads, "I really don't care. Do U?"]. She may be like those children without the cage. Trump tweet that his wife doesn't care anymore. Who do you believe? CM

PS.

@ Reformed said: Wow, really? That is what she wore in DC, that is not what she wore on the border. Liberals need to get over themselves. CM

Reformed should eat a little humble pie because of his emotional outburst out of turn without having the correct understanding of the reality.

CM said: Even in DC, it's bad for a person in her position and a husband of his caliber. Now, you see in another post, why I suggested you pray for the FLOTUS. A child with a Lemonade Stand can and would have exercised better judgment...

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Conspiracy! Wolfgang, interpret Bill's new conspiracy theory for us, please.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:

Back in 2009, FoxNews ran a story critical of Michelle Obama's choice of sneakers she wore to a D.C.-area food bank. The shoes weren't emblazoned with the words "I'm not really hungry. Are U?" But they cost $540. FoxNews apparently thought that was too much for sneakers worn to a food bank.

Did you think it was "stupid" for conservatives to criticize Ms. Obama's footwear?

In 2015, Donald Trump criticized Michelle Obama for refusing to wear a head scarf during the president's visit to Saudi Arabia:

The scarf she didn't wear wasn't emblazoned with the words "I'm not really Muslim. Are U?" but Mr. Trump chose to criticize her.

Did you think it was "stupid" for Mr. Trump to criticize Ms. Obama's headwear?

Three choices:

• Expensive footwear worn to a food kitchen
    • A head scarf not worn in Saudi Arabia
    • A jacket emblazoned with "I don't really care. Do U?" worn on the way to see scared kids and parents seeking political asylum in Texas

Which of those three is of a different level of "stupidity" than the other two?

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

Back in 2009, FoxNews ran a story critical of Michelle Obama's choice of sneakers she wore to a D.C.-area food bank. The shoes weren't emblazoned with the words "I'm not really hungry. Are U?" But they cost $540. FoxNews apparently thought that was too much for sneakers worn to a food bank.

Did you think it was "stupid" for conservatives to criticize Ms. Obama's footwear?

In 2015, Donald Trump criticized Michelle Obama for refusing to wear a head scarf during the president's visit to Saudi Arabia:

The scarf she didn't wear wasn't emblazoned with the words "I'm not really Muslim. Are U?" but Mr. Trump chose to criticize her.

Did you think it was "stupid" for Mr. Trump to criticize Ms. Obama's headwear?

Three choices:

• Expensive footwear worn to a food kitchen
    • A head scarf not worn in Saudi Arabia
    • A jacket emblazoned with "I don't really care. Do U?" worn on the way to see scared kids and parents seeking political asylum in Texas

Which of those three is of a different level of "stupidity" than the other two?

Yes, I thought it was stupid when they criticized the Obama's too.

• C Mc

Distraction, Distraction, Distraction, Distraction!

The First Lady's trip and the jacket [whose back reads, "I really don't care. Do U?"] were all distractions to take the sting away from the EO of President Trump's backing down and nothing changing of substance. In fact, things are worst for the children. I expected more from the FLOUS. The Sad Beauty is a disappointment, in view of the children at such a critical time. On second thought, "birds of feathers, flock together." To wear that jacket ON and OFF the plane (deliberately) in 81 degrees Washington, D. C., weather, is so hurtful to the situation. No, she was not making a fashion statement. She was being mean, like her husband. For someone whose own legal status/work history in America is questioned, she should be more considerate of those at the border.

This administration is worse than the British Keystone Cops. Truly, the left-hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Politics is driving the scattering of children around America. There is NO real plans or system in place to reunite the children with their parents. I am concern about the children left in the Texas heat in the tent jail. The shame is there is no end in sight. No parent in CD would want their children treated the way the ones at the border are being treated, regardless of what the state says what law was violated. This family separation is against God. "Children are the heritage of the Lord." God is watching the actions and the lack of actions on the behalf of the children. God is watching America.

How long must this continue? Where is hope, decency, compassion, morality, order...? CM

• Bill_Coley

@C_M_ said:
    The First Lady's trip and the jacket [whose back reads, "I really don't care. Do U?"] were all distractions to take the sting away from the EO of President Trump's backing down and nothing changing of substance.

The facts that she wore the "I don't really care..." jacket in 81 degree weather AND wore it both as she boarded the plane to go to the border and again as she disembarked from the plane upon her return to D.C. (after the controversy had arisen) tells me there is no innocent explanation for what she did. Whether it was a slap at her husband, or a distraction from all the chaos in the White House, or a ploy to get us to talk about her rather than the mess her husband has created at the border, I don't know. But I do know there is no innocent explanation. This one's on her.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@C_M_ said:
    The First Lady's trip and the jacket [whose back reads, "I really don't care. Do U?"] were all distractions to take the sting away from the EO of President Trump's backing down and nothing changing of substance.

The facts that she wore the "I don't really care..." jacket in 81 degree weather AND wore it both as she boarded the plane to go to the border and again as she disembarked from the plane upon her return to D.C. (after the controversy had arisen) tells me there is no innocent explanation for what she did. Whether it was a slap at her husband, or a distraction from all the chaos in the White House, or a ploy to get us to talk about her rather than the mess her husband has created at the border, I don't know. But I do know there is no innocent explanation. This one's on her.

You guys are absolutely ridiculous.

• C Mc

@Jan said:
    None of these cases is in the media. Why not? I have suspicions. It's Evangelical Christians who are affected. So why is nothing about it in the news? Because it's not Evangelical Christians who remove the children from their parents, but Evangelical Christians from whom their children are being removed.

In the US it seems to be the media and the people who brought into full view the cruelty of children and families at the border. What's the law when it comes to freedom of the press where are?

So it's not really a case of fake news, but the double standard of the media is nothing but disgusting.

The US or European Media, which are you referring? Are you saying American Media should carry European News? Where is the BBC, IT, BBC World News, etc.? CM

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Criminals are not immune from the law because they have a child...

Slow up, my moral and partisan Brother, GaoLu, aren't you being a bit hasty here? Did you look up the word "criminal" before pointing the finger at the parents and children at the US Border? Or have you bought into the Republican "talking points" without checking?

A criminal is "a person who has committed a crime or who has been proved to be guilty of a crime by a court." The latter portion of this definition has not been proven. If you insist on applying the former part of this definition, you may have a point. In the US, if you ever had a traffic or parking ticket, then you are a criminal. Taken at face value, does that requires traumatizing your children and scattering them around an unknown country away from their parents? The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Be sober, GaoLu, what's happening to the children and families at the border is wrong and overdone; all for political gain and show. I appeal to your inner better-self, you're better than the locked-step cultic "Republican Base" Member. You're so much more effective when you see truth as truth and a mess for what it is. Remember, the Law of God trumps all of man's laws. If you're not a Republican, don't drink their contaminated water. At least boil it before consuming it to kill the unfair labelings, talking points, half-truths, distractions, misrepresentations, etc.

Thus your cursing and emotional outburst are dust in the wind, based on complete incomprehension of the matter. Think it over and try again.

Now, that more is known and the Presidental EO, would you like to take your own advice: "Think it over and try again"? CM

• GaoLu
    edited June 2018

@reformed said:

You guys are absolutely ridiculous.

Nothing new to see here. Same pot of porridge warmed over for the N'th time.

On another note, you know that heart-rending viral photo of the child being taken from its mother? Fake. The child was set down for a moment and then went off with its mother. No separation occurred.

Post edited by GaoLu on
  • Bill_Coley

@Jan said:
    Now there's a case in Australia of the authorities separating an immigrant from her child.

https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jun/24/my-son-is-going-to-be-left-behind-brisbane-mothers-countdown-to-deportation

How sad. The story shows the complexity of the issues immigration policy decisions raise. Thanks for the link, Jan.

The child in Australia AT LEAST will be in the company of one of his parents. The 2,500 children President Trump separated from their parents - before public pressure coerced him toward a less inhumane approach - were not afforded such luxury.

And from what I know about the Australian government, chances are quite good it hasn't referred to Filipinos as having "invaded" and "infested" the country, as President Trump has described people coming to our southern border.

Pray hard for all parents, children, and governments affected by immigration issues.

• C Mc
    edited June 2018

@C_M_ said:

Wake Up CD Users!

America has lost her moral sense and decency. Children are being kidnapped in broad daylight. They're being housed in cages like animals. Suckling babies are snatched from their mother's breasts. A special prison is being set up for children under 13 years and under. Where is the outrage from Melania Trump (First Lady of the US President), the Republican Party ("Family Values"), Evangelicals, Trump's daughter, the Protestant, and Catholic Churches? Mr. Trump's party are just "talking heads" and the Democrats are not in power.

America's dark side seems to be her default position for the rich to get richer and maintain the undeclared classism. She must have a chasm between the rich and poor, haves and have-nots, white and brown people, and the educated and the uneducated. A few turns of the pages of America's history, one would readily see bases of today's law enforced: Slavery, Japanese Interment, Jim Crow, segregation (schools, communities, transportation, healthcare, and accommodations). Let it be noted, even during the Japanese Internment, the children were not separated from their parents. America has reached an all-time new low.

Where are the voices of the Right-to-lifers? They go around the world crying stop abortions and keep your babies. They protest abortion clinics, restrict finds and doctors from performing them and shame those who managed to succeed. They are many who succumbed to their campaign and kept their babies. In their quest to care and protect them, they seek refuge in America. Some of these women and their babies are at the border (as we speak) and have had their children taken away by America. Where are the anti-abortion groups and leaders? Aren't a real-life child outside the womb, breathing on it own, not sacred? Can anti-abortionists appeal to their anti-abortion President?

The cruelest thing one can do to hurt a family or mother and generations to come is to remove a child or children against a mother's will. I know many people (some of you, here in CD) cried, it's the law. So was slavery in America. What crimes have a sucking baby committed? Even children with autism and down syndrome are separated from there parents. If this is justice, the law, be damned. Today, it's the undocumented and asylum seekers and tomorrow, it's American Children. America is headed down a slippery slope to the reincarnation of Nazism with a new leader and symbol. America has lost her moral sense, all because of Fear, hatred, greed, and loyalty to a party. They fear the "browning of America", an inevitable reality if she worth any existence in the future. This code for the rotting of America is MAGA, led by the "Bully-in-Chief", Donald J. Trump (an admirer of Dictators/strong men). This is the man "Christians" say is a "successful President" and they are "proud" of him! God, help America! CM

---------------------- ------ ----------------- ------------------

Outrage-2

This must stop! The shame and cruelty of babies separated from their parents!

For those who say the cry for reform (not the CD User) is nothing new or a "pot of porridge warmed over for the N'th time", should check their internal morals, humanity and compassion gauges. This is not a game! This expression shows coldness of heart and indifference to the plight of the separated children from their parents. Republican repeat their mendacious talking points. Why can't I repeat a moral wrong of a current crisis in the lives of the most helpless of humankind? The situation may be used for political purposes, but it's wrong by anyone standards.

This un-American, unnecessary action is an abomination before nations and God! The real shame and pain are being carried out by those who called themselves "good" Bible-believing, right-to-life, Republican Christians. I strongly believe this latter group has sold their souls for an unjust tax cut and pseudo-growth of the economy (its fall is inevitable). This, in my opinion, makes them spiritual prostitutes. It may explain their indifference spirit toward the mothers whose children have been kidnapped. The children need to be reunited with their parents, now! This is not to be done when the Trump Administration get around to it or when it's politically expedient, but NOW! If the USA choose not to let the asylum seekers into the country is one thing, but don't take the children from their mothers.

Law or no law, size or strength of opponents, the distant, the multiple chasms to cross, and the risk of being rejected, can you blame a mother for wanting better, safety and protection for her child or children? It seems that the people whose skin is not Anglo "white" and those who wear Hijab, niqab, or burkas are not welcome in America. If this trend proves to be a reality, America will be worthless, meaningless and a shadow of herself. America will be inclined to become a by-word and "a hiss." She will become a monolithic aristocracy of irrelevancy.

I call upon all people of goodwill and especially, Christians who still hold to the purity of Christ's word to raise their voices to this President to allow all the children (not some) to be reunited with their parents. America is great when she opens her heart and implement the saying of the poet Emma Lazarus, whose work is on a plaque at the base of the Statue of Liberty that reads: “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore,” she wrote. “Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!” CM

PS. CD Users be a voice for moral justice and decency, the Party in Power have enough "talking-heads."

Post edited by C Mc on
  • reformed

@C_M_ said:

@C_M_ said:

Wake Up CD Users!

America has lost her moral sense and decency. Children are being kidnapped in broad daylight. They're being housed in cages like animals. Suckling babies are snatched from their mother's breasts. A special prison is being set up for children under 13 years and under. Where is the outrage from Melania Trump (First Lady of the US President), the Republican Party ("Family Values"), Evangelicals, Trump's daughter, the Protestant, and Catholic Churches? Mr. Trump's party are just "talking heads" and the Democrats are not in power.

America's dark side seems to be her default position for the rich to get richer and maintain the undeclared classism. She must have a chasm between the rich and poor, haves and have-nots, white and brown people, and the educated and the uneducated. A few turns of the pages of America's history, one would readily see bases of today's law enforced: Slavery, Japanese Interment, Jim Crow, segregation (schools, communities, transportation, healthcare, and accommodations). Let it be noted, even during the Japanese Internment, the children were not separated from their parents. America has reached an all-time new low.

Where are the voices of the Right-to-lifers? They go around the world crying stop abortions and keep your babies. They protest abortion clinics, restrict finds and doctors from performing them and shame those who managed to succeed. They are many who succumbed to their campaign and kept their babies. In their quest to care and protect them, they seek refuge in America. Some of these women and their babies are at the border (as we speak) and have had their children taken away by America. Where are the anti-abortion groups and leaders? Aren't a real-life child outside the womb, breathing on it own, not sacred? Can anti-abortionists appeal to their anti-abortion President?

The cruelest thing one can do to hurt a family or mother and generations to come is to remove a child or children against a mother's will. I know many people (some of you, here in CD) cried, it's the law. So was slavery in America. What crimes have a sucking baby committed? Even children with autism and down syndrome are separated from there parents. If this is justice, the law, be damned. Today, it's the undocumented and asylum seekers and tomorrow, it's American Children. America is headed down a slippery slope to the reincarnation of Nazism with a new leader and symbol. America has lost her moral sense, all because of Fear, hatred, greed, and loyalty to a party. They fear the "browning of America", an inevitable reality if she worth any existence in the future. This code for the rotting of America is MAGA, led by the "Bully-in-Chief", Donald J. Trump (an admirer of Dictators/strong men). This is the man "Christians" say is a "successful President" and they are "proud" of him! God, help America! CM

---------------------- ------ ----------------- ------------------

Outrage-2

This must stop! The shame and cruelty of babies separated from their parents!

For those who say the cry for reform (not the CD User) is nothing new or a "pot of porridge warmed over for the N'th time", should check their internal morals, humanity and compassion gauges. This is not a game! This expression shows coldness of heart and indifference to the plight of the separated children from their parents. Republican repeat their mendacious talking points. Why can't I repeat a moral wrong of a current crisis in the lives of the most helpless of humankind? The situation may be used for political purposes, but it's wrong by anyone standards.

This un-American, unnecessary action is an abomination before nations and God! The real shame and pain are being carried out by those who called themselves "good" Bible-believing, right-to-life, Republican Christians. I strongly believe this latter group has sold their souls for an unjust tax cut and pseudo-growth of the economy (its fall is inevitable). This, in my opinion, makes them spiritual prostitutes. It may explain their indifference spirit toward the mothers whose children have been kidnapped. The children need to be reunited with their parents, now! This is not to be done when the Trump Administration get around to it or when it's politically expedient, but NOW! If the USA choose not to let the asylum seekers into the country is one thing, but don't take the children from their mothers.

Law or no law, size or strength of opponents, the distant, the multiple chasms to cross, and the risk of being rejected, can you blame a mother for wanting better, safety and protection for her child or children? It seems that the people whose skin is not Anglo "white" and those who wear Hijab, niqab, or burkas are not welcome in America. If this trend proves to be a reality, America will be worthless, meaningless and a shadow of herself. America will be inclined to become a by-word and "a hiss." She will become a monolithic aristocracy of irrelevancy.

I call upon all people of goodwill and especially, Christians who still hold to the purity of Christ's word to raise their voices to this President to allow all the children (not some) to be reunited with their parents. America is great when she opens her heart and implement the saying of the poet Emma Lazarus, whose work is on a plaque at the base of the Statue of Liberty that reads: “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore,” she wrote. “Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!” CM

PS. CD Users be a voice for moral justice and decency, the Party in Power have enough "talking-heads."

I thought they stopped separating people? Please cite what you are talking about...

• C Mc

@reformed said: I thought they stopped separating people? Please cite what you are talking about...

Sir, please re-read my post for the correct theme and essence. CM

• GaoLu
    edited June 2018

Thankful they separate traffickers from child victims. Thankful they separate drug runners. Glad they reunite families torn apart by criminals. The few true families torn apart by the deliberate choices of parents involved in illegal activity is unfortunate but quite rare. Innocent victims are almost nil. Thankful for that.

Feel bad for those in ignorance who suffer frenzied upset about the matter for nothing.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Thankful they separate traffickers from child victims. Thankful they separate drug runners. Glad they reunite families torn apart by criminals. The few true families torn apart by the deliberate choices of parents involved in illegal activity is unfortunate but quite rare. Innocent victims are almost nil. Thankful for that.

Feel bad for those in ignorance who suffer frenzied upset about the matter for nothing.

I am really sorry to say, GaoLu, your reality, and understanding are in incongruent with the facts of this current crisis. Be thankful that this has not been or will be your children's experience. I really wished you were able to grasp the enormity of the tragedy. CM

• C Mc

Trump administration backs off 'zero tolerance' while insisting it continues

Parents who try to illegally enter the United States from Mexico with their children will not be handed over to authorities for prosecution for the foreseeable future, the US' top border security agent said on Monday at a Texas processing center.

The announcement marked a significant retreat on a main element of Donald Trump's "zero tolerance" immigration policy, which calls for every undocumented individual caught crossing into the US to be charged criminally, even if the person is requesting asylum.

The announcement also added to the confusion over Trump's immigration policy, which he was forced to modify in the past week, as statements from other White House officials on the prosecution suspension appeared to contradict one another.

No more prosecution of parents

Kevin McAleenan, the Customs and Border Protection commissioner told AP news agency and The New York Times that migrant parents would not be delivered to criminal authorities until the US could figure out how to prosecute the adults without having to separate them from their children.

Only if the parents or guardians had a criminal history or the child's welfare was in question would the parents face prosecution, McAleenan said.

As part of the "zero-tolerance" policy, Trump had ordered that families be separated upon crossing the border so that the parents could be prosecuted. The president was forced to end this order last week following a bi-partisan, global outcry over the issue, but not before more than 2,000 children had been taken away from the parents.

Many still remain separated. The White House has yet to provide a plan for having them reunited.

The return of catch-and-release

McAleenan said that the Customs and Border Protection stopped sending adults for prosecution just hours after Trump reversed his family-separation policy. Instead, the decision seems to indicate a revival of the "catch-and-release," a process much maligned by the Trump administration that sees undocumented families released into the US until they are called to appear in court.

Despite the fact that the suspension of prosecutions abandons Trump's call to blanket prosecute all border crossers, McAleen insisted that the "zero-tolerance" policy remained intact.

The border commissioner also said that his agency and the Justice Department should come up with a policy "where adults who bring their kids across the border — who violate our law and risk their lives at the border — can be prosecuted without an extended separation from their children."

A cowardly step, but never the less, a step in the right direction. Some influential Republicans are reading my posts after all. God be praised! CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said: I thought they stopped separating people? Please cite what you are talking about...

Sir, please re-read my post for the correct theme and essence. CM

My point is that your outrage is misguided. The moral wrong doing is by the criminal lawbreakers crossing the border.

• GaoLu

@C_M_ said:

I am really sorry to say, GaoLu, your reality, and understanding are in incongruent with the facts of this current crisis. Be thankful that this has not been or will be your children's experience. I really wished you were able to grasp the enormity of the tragedy. CM

My reactions may be strong, but I have the advantage of being actually involved with such matters. I know the people. I am presently on a farm in Washington state with migrant workers--most legal. Yesterday I met some ladies hiding in a drainage ditch who were not so legal (I did not turn them in). Further, I work with similar cases in several countries in Asia. In short, sir, the media is absurd, and you haven't a clue what you are talking about. Blow on if you want, but what you say on this matter is mostly ridiculous.

To say you are only responsible for what you know, in this case, is very detrimental to the very people you say you want to help. Get educated.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

@C_M_ said:

My reactions may be strong, but I have the advantage of being actually involved with such matters.

So, you are the only one on CD involved? You seem to be so sure the rest of us are sitting on our thumbs.

I know the people. I am presently on a farm in Washington state with migrant workers--most legal. Yesterday I met some ladies hiding in a drainage ditch who were not so legal (I did not turn them in).

I am not for illegal immigration. I'm outraged about the inhumane treatment of mothers and children. Even laws must have compassion.

Further, I work with similar cases in several countries in Asia. In short, sir, the media is absurd, and you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Thank you for your services. However, it doesn't give you any right to dismiss my concerns and contributions to the cause. You don't know it all. And definitely, you don't know what I am doing. Just because I don't blow my own horn, it doesn't make you right about your projection upon me.

Blow on if you want, but what you say on this matter is mostly ridiculous.

If I am so wrong, then, disprove what I said with factual evidence or documentation. Until then, calm down! My sharing, in these forums, on this subject matter, has equal value, at minimal, like yours. So, be respectful. You're not the only "righteous one" left. I and others are capable of discerning what are facts and opinions. My opinion is just as weighty as yours. So, away with this, my being clueless on this administration and the treatment of those on the borders and scattered around America. Unlike many Republicans, I can read, process facts from opinions, truth from error, past history from current history, discern parallels and trends. But above all, I am not beholding to Mr. Trump or the Republican (or "Democrat") Party. I am free to think, move and have my being.

To say you are only responsible for what you know, in this case, is very detrimental to the very people you say you want to help. Get educated.

I don't profess to know it all or have the need to be superior over others. This, you seem to constantly try to convey. "Get educated', on what, for what, and by whom? You don't have the only mind that thinks or the last college degree on earth. There are other people. Welcome to the real world.

--------                ------------------         -------------     -----

OUTRAGE # 3 --- Consider additional facts on the matter at hand:

The one who caused the confusion and familial disruptions have no plans or procedure for processing the reunification of the children and their parents. When it comes to fixing the mess the administration is on a continuum from impotent to incompetence. They don't know where the parents and children are. Some kids were secretly sent to NYC. State and city governments were not or poorly informed (at best) in advance. Therefore, local governments are unprepared to address the fallout and the unanticipated community dangers: Measles, head-lice, sores, infections, rashes, colds, vaccinations, mental health, medications, birth defects, etc.

What this or any government, think it knows a child or children better than its mother or parents? Detention workers are ordered and forbidden to touch or hug the children. This is cruel. Children are being traumatized unmercifully. Authorized emotional Child abuse is being conducted openly by the separation. The children were told they are going to get a bath. The parents reassured the children to cooperate. Later, the children are scatted across the country. It reminds me of the death of the Jews.

To add further insults to emotional pain, the detainees are told not to talk to the media for something will happen to their case pending. Parents are now being told they can be reunited with their child or children if they would agree to immediate deportation without seeing a judge or filing for asylum. The children are now held as hostages. Israel and Canada's leaders love their children. Even Germany knows how to treat its immigrates and refugees.

In my opinion, with yesterday's SCOTUS's ruling, Mr. Trump seems to be emboldened to disregard the laws of America. I feel the eeriness of the Third Reich: Trade wars, immigration restrictions, nationalism, disregard for the law, puppy-dog lawmakers, economy, fiery campaign speeches, etc. If you think not, tell me why not.

In view of its context, Matthew 18:6 (KJV), comes to mind: "...whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

@C_M_ said:

My reactions may be strong, but I have the advantage of being actually involved with such matters.

So, you are the only one on CD involved? You seem to be so sure the rest of us are sitting on our thumbs.

I know the people. I am presently on a farm in Washington state with migrant workers--most legal. Yesterday I met some ladies hiding in a drainage ditch who were not so legal (I did not turn them in).

I am not for illegal immigration. I'm outraged about the inhumane treatment of mothers and children. Even laws must have compassion.

Further, I work with similar cases in several countries in Asia. In short, sir, the media is absurd, and you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Thank you for your services. However, it doesn't give you any right to dismiss my concerns and contributions to the cause. You don't know it all. And definitely, you don't know what I am doing. Just because I don't blow my own horn, it doesn't make you right about your projection upon me.

Blow on if you want, but what you say on this matter is mostly ridiculous.

If I am so wrong, then, disprove what I said with factual evidence or documentation. Until then, calm down! My sharing, in these forums, on this subject matter, has equal value, at minimal, like yours. So, be respectful. You're not the only "righteous one" left. I and others are capable of discerning what are facts and opinions. My opinion is just as weighty as yours. So, away with this, my being clueless on this administration and the treatment of those on the borders and scattered around America. Unlike many Republicans, I can read, process facts from opinions, truth from error, past history from current history, discern parallels and trends. But above all, I am not beholding to Mr. Trump or the Republican (or "Democrat") Party. I am free to think, move and have my being.

I don't profess to know it all or have the need to be superior over others. This, you seem to constantly try to convey. "Get educated', on what, for what, and by whom? You don't have the only mind that thinks or the last college degree on earth. There are other people. Welcome to the real world.

--------                ------------------         -------------     -----

OUTRAGE # 3 --- Consider additional facts on the matter at hand:

The one who caused the confusion and familial disruptions have no plans or procedure for processing the reunification of the children and their parents. When it comes to fixing the mess the administration is on a continuum from impotent to incompetence. They don't know where the parents and children are. Some kids were secretly sent to NYC. State and city governments were not or poorly informed (at best) in advance. Therefore, local governments are unprepared to address the fallout and the unanticipated community dangers: Measles, head-lice, sores, infections, rashes, colds, vaccinations, mental health, medications, birth defects, etc.

What this or any government, think it knows a child or children better than its mother or parents? Detention workers are ordered and forbidden to touch or hug the children. This is cruel. Children are being traumatized unmercifully. Authorized emotional Child abuse is being conducted openly by the separation. The children were told they are going to get a bath. The parents reassured the children to cooperate. Later, the children are scatted across the country. It reminds me of the death of the Jews.

To add further insults to emotional pain, the detainees are told not to talk to the media for something will happen to their case pending. Parents are now being told they can be reunited with their child or children if they would agree to immediate deportation without seeing a judge or filing for asylum. The children are now held as hostages. Israel and Canada's leaders love their children. Even Germany knows how to treat its immigrates and refugees.

In my opinion, with yesterday's SCOTUS's ruling, Mr. Trump seems to be emboldened to disregard the laws of America. I feel the eeriness of the Third Reich: Trade wars, immigration restrictions, nationalism, disregard for the law, puppy-dog lawmakers, economy, fiery campaign speeches, etc. If you think not, tell me why not.

In view of its context, Matthew 18:6 (KJV), comes to mind: "...whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." CM

This is laughable. He is not disregarding the laws of America he is enforcing them. The criminal migrants that you want us to feel sorry for and defend are the ones disregarding and breaking the laws.

• C Mc

@reformed said:
    This is laughable. He is not disregarding the laws of America he is enforcing them. The criminal migrants that you want us to feel sorry for and defend are the ones disregarding and breaking the laws.

"Laughable" or not, The President is under a court order to return the children: Under 5yrs = 14 days; 13 yrs and older= 30 days. This is serious!

"Poor" Meliana, returned to the border, asking is there anything I can do? Yes, First Lady, tell your husband to return the children to their parents, immediately! CM

• GaoLu

Immediately after authorities determine who is running drugs and who is trafficking children and who are simply children with real parents who are breaking the law sneaking across borders illegally. Getting all that done in 30 days is a respectable task.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

"Laughable" or not, The President is under a court order to return the children: Under 5yrs = 14 days; 13 yrs and older= 30 days. This is serious!

"Poor" Meliana, returned to the border, asking is there anything I can do? Yes, First Lady, tell your husband to return the children to their parents, immediately! CM

Your right, it IS SERIOUS that we care more about the foreign law breakers than how it impacts our citizens.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Immediately after authorities determine who is running drugs and who is trafficking children and who are simply children with real parents who are breaking the law sneaking across borders illegally. Getting all that done in 30 days is a respectable task.

@reformed said:
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/07/02/photo-this-is-the-part-of-the-family-separation-crisis-the-left-is-ignoring-n2496405

@Bill_Coley I don't remember if it was you or someone else that asked for an example of child smugglers at the border.

Two examples of nonsense and half-truth, at best. If what you purport is true:

1. Why scatter the children?
    2. Why put them in cages?
    3. Why take the nonverbal babies from their mothers?
    4. Why forbid the workers to hug or console the crying children?
    5. Why keep the media away?
    6. Why not involve faith-based or non-profit groups and women to comfort the children?
    7. Why not children with known relatives take them in?

This is blatant cruelty and callousness. This is about sending a message and put the fear of God in the hearts of "brown people" of policeman and law enforcement; even if, in some way or cases they get to stay in the cruel USA. This is about conditioning.

This whole situation is anathema by anyone standards, in full display! America, this evil will not go without notice. The world and God are watching! How could "pro-lifers", "right-to-lifers" endorse this shame?

On this matter, they have lowered themselves in my eyes as unwanted self-righteous invaders, in other people's private lives, at a time of crises. "They are good for nothing!" God, Help the children. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

@reformed said:
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/07/02/photo-this-is-the-part-of-the-family-separation-crisis-the-left-is-ignoring-n2496405

@Bill_Coley I don't remember if it was you or someone else that asked for an example of child smugglers at the border.

Two examples of nonsense and half-truth, at best. If what you purport is true:

1. Why scatter the children?

What do you mean by scatter the children?

1. Why put them in cages?

What cages? Link please....

1. Why take the nonverbal babies from their mothers?

Because their parents are criminals. Would you rather throw the babies in prison with gang members?

1. Why forbid the workers to hug or console the crying children?

??

1. Why keep the media away?

Does the media have access to every jail in the nation? Remember, we are talking about criminals, not regular everyday citizens.

1. Why not involve faith-based or non-profit groups and women to comfort the children?

??

1. Why not children with known relatives take them in?

What do you mean?

This is blatant cruelty and callousness. This is about sending a message and put the fear of God in the hearts of "brown people" of policeman and law enforcement; even if, in some way or cases they get to stay in the cruel USA. This is about conditioning.

Of course it is, and it should be. You should not have incentive to break our laws. There should be consequences.

This whole situation is anathema by anyone standards, in full display! America, this evil will not go without notice. The world and God are watching! How could "pro-lifers", "right-to-lifers" endorse this shame?

Last I checked the kids were not being murdered. Not a pro-life issue.

On this matter, they have lowered themselves in my eyes as unwanted self-righteous invaders, in other people's private lives, at a time of crises. "They are good for nothing!" God, Help the children. CM

• C Mc

Reformed,
    Thanks for your efforts. It appears you don't know enough of the details of the situation to respond to my post intelligently. CM