America's War on Children--Legislative Cruelty

Wake Up CD Users!

America has lost her moral sense and decency. Children are being kidnapped in broad daylight. They're being housed in cages like animals. Suckling babies are snatched from their mother's breasts. A special prison is being set up for children under 13 years and under. Where is the outrage from Melania Trump (First Lady of the US President), the Republican Party ("Family Values"), Evangelicals, Trump's daughter, the Protestant, and Catholic Churches? Mr. Trump's party are just "talking heads" and the Democrats are not in power.

America's dark side seems to be her default position for the rich to get richer and maintain the undeclared classism. She must have a chasm between the rich and poor, haves and have-nots, white and brown people, and the educated and the uneducated. A few turns of the pages of America's history, one would readily see bases of today's law enforced: Slavery, Japanese Interment, Jim Crow, segregation (schools, communities, transportation, healthcare, and accommodations). Let it be noted, even during the Japanese Internment, the children were not separated from their parents. America has reached an all-time new low.

Where are the voices of the Right-to-lifers? They go around the world crying stop abortions and keep your babies. They protest abortion clinics, restrict finds and doctors from performing them and shame those who managed to succeed. They are many who succumbed to their campaign and kept their babies. In their quest to care and protect them, they seek refuge in America. Some of these women and their babies are at the border (as we speak) and have had their children taken away by America. Where are the anti-abortion groups and leaders? Aren't a real-life child outside the womb, breathing on it own, not sacred? Can anti-abortionists appeal to their anti-abortion President?

The cruelest thing one can do to hurt a family or mother and generations to come is to remove a child or children against a mother's will. I know many people (some of you, here in CD) cried, it's the law. So was slavery in America. What crimes have a sucking baby committed? Even children with autism and down syndrome are separated from there parents. If this is justice, the law, be damned. Today, it's the undocumented and asylum seekers and tomorrow, it's American Children. America is headed down a slippery slope to the reincarnation of Nazism with a new leader and symbol. America has lost her moral sense, all because of Fear, hatred, greed, and loyalty to a party. They fear the "browning of America", an inevitable reality if she worth any existence in the future. This code for the rotting of America is MAGA, led by the "Bully-in-Chief", Donald J. Trump (an admirer of Dictators/strong men). This is the man "Christians" say is a "successful President" and they are "proud" of him! God, help America! CM

Comments

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited June 2018

Criminals are not immune from the law because they have a child. The solution to 100% eliminating the problem of "child-snatching" is for the parents to not engage in crime. The solution to staying united as families is to obey completely reasonable and universal and laws deemed fair for millennia by even the most jaded liberals--respect international borders.

Thus your cursing and emotional outburst are dust in the wind, based on complete incomprehension of the matter. Think it over and try again.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675
    edited June 2018

@C_M_ said:

The cruelest thing one can do to hurt a family or mother and generations to come is to remove a child or children against a mother's will. I know many people (some of you, here in CD) cried, it's the law. So was slavery in America. What crimes have a sucking baby committed? Even children with autism and down syndrome are separated from there parents. If this is justice, the law, be damned. Today, it's the undocumented and asylum seekers and tomorrow, it's American Children. America is headed down a slippery slope to the reincarnation of Nazism with a new leader and symbol. America has lost her moral sense, all because of Fear, hatred, greed, and loyalty to a party. They fear the "browning of America", an inevitable reality if she worth any existence in the future. This code for the rotting of America is MAGA, led by the "Bully-in-Chief", Donald J. Trump (an admirer of Dictators/strong men). This is the man "Christians" say is a "successful President" and they are "proud" of him! God, help America! CM

In my view, the president's decision to implement a "zero tolerance" policy with regard to persons crossing the board illegally - and it IS that policy change, announced in May by Attorney General Jess Sessions, that produced separation of children from their parents among asylum-seeking families - is likely to be tarnish on the president and those who enable him that will linger all the way to the mid-terms.

The visual images, the recorded sounds, the unrelenting headlines, and the muffled criticism from feckless Republicans will all be tough for voters - particularly suburban women voters - to overlook come November. For many of us, Trump's pathological lying, his hapless ignorance and perpetual narcissism long ago decided his unfitness for the office he holds. I think it's likely that his decision to separate kids from their parents, come November, will lead many previously fence-sitting voters to choose sides, and to issue the only accountability the electorate ultimately possesses by removing from office members of Congress associated by party or by policy with the president.

The president's action has rightly produced visceral disgust and moral outrage in people around the US and around the world. Come November, American voters will speak loudly and clearly when by their votes, they begin the arduous task of making America GENUINELY great again.

• GaoLu
    edited June 2018

Furthermore, Child Services unfairly and cruelly (think Bill's amazing mountain of emotion and adjectives and dedicated work above) separates far more children from families unfairly than Immigration does regarding criminals.

A few shrill but fading voices here and there cry out their personal emotions, but America chose Trump and will almost certainly choose him or someone better next time. Trump, like him or not, just makes sense and gets good stuff done.

• Bill_Coley
    edited June 2018

From the Twitter feed of the Republican Lt Governor of Utah, here's authentic and eloquent testimony to a transformation of heart and mind that is currently underway in America, a revulsion against the results of the president's "zero tolerance" policy at the southern border so deep and lasting that it will impact the mid-term elections in November.

Also today, Steve Schmidt, campaign manager for John McCain's presidential run in 2008, renounced his membership in the Republican party, calling the party "a danger to our democracy and values."

And the very latest: NBC reports that the president will support legislation that simply undoes his policy change, if the House passes neither of the two bills currently in its legislative queue. It's not clear from the NBC report whether the president knows that he could, on his own and without congressional action, end his policy change with a phone call to the attorney general.

And a more recent update: The president has now told reporters that he will be "signing something in a little while." Perhaps the bipartisan, national, and global outcry against his "zero tolerance" policy has reached even his heart.

If in fact he rescinds his policy change - even on a short term basis - I think we can be sure that Trumpsters across the nation and in these forums who have en masse supported or remained silent in the face of the policy, will quickly say, "What a GREAT idea, Mr President!!"

Post edited by Bill_Coley on
  • reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Nobody is kidnapping anyone. Their parents are criminals and are being put in jail. This is no different than if two Americans were put in jail, their kids would go to social services and custody of the state or next of kin.

Nothing to see here, move on.

The real problem is the people who are breaking the law, the criminal illegal aliens, not border patrol, ICE, Homeland Security, or Donal Trump.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@reformed said:
    Nobody is kidnapping anyone. Their parents are criminals and are being put in jail. This is no different than if two Americans were put in jail, their kids would go to social services and custody of the state or next of kin.

A child tried to give authorities the number (she memorized) for next of kin. She was denied.

Do you know how many American children are in child care services or in foster care? Google it and look at NYC alone. The main point is, they don't have enough Social workers to go around currently.

This so-called "zero tolerance" policy at the southern border is just one more tactic act to distract from the Muller Investigation. Notwithstanding, also reveals Mr. Trump seemingly "heartlessness."

Ha, ha, They said that about the Russia Investigation: "No there, there"; "Nothing burger." Remember those before the indictments, etc.?

The real problem is the people who are breaking the law, the criminal illegal aliens, not border patrol, ICE, Homeland Security, or Donal Trump.

It has been proven, none of the above speaks the truth about the current situation. CM

• C Mc

If I were a Republican, I would be ashamed and leave the party. If I were a Democrat, I protest the detention centers and demand of the President to release the children to next of kin (at a minimal). If I were a congressperson, I would stop business as usual until a resolution is achieved. Mr. Trump can stop this nonsense with a phone call. Hey, he pardoned criminals, why not the children and their parents?

All parents should rise up and condemn this strong handed overbearing law. Has American not heard: "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not" 1 Cor. 10:23 (KJV). CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

A child tried to give authorities the number (she memorized) for next of kin. She was denied.

Citation?

Do you know how many American children are in child care services or in foster care? Google it and look at NYC alone. The main point is, they don't have enough Social workers to go around currently.

Not sure how that is relevant to the matter.

This so-called "zero tolerance" policy at the southern border is just one more tactic act to distract from the Muller Investigation. Notwithstanding, also reveals Mr. Trump seemingly "heartlessness."

Did you really just say this has to do with Russia? Good grief. Actually, the zero-tolerance policy was a DOJ shift to actually enforce existing law.

Ha, ha, They said that about the Russia Investigation: "No there, there"; "Nothing burger." Remember those before the indictments, etc.?

The indictments that have nothing to do with collusion you mean? Yeah, still nothing to see there.

It has been proven, none of the above speaks the truth about the current situation. CM

Prove it then. But last I checked, if you come across the border illegally, that is a crime.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    If I were a Republican, I would be ashamed and leave the party. If I were a Democrat, I protest the detention centers and demand of the President to release the children to next of kin (at a minimal). If I were a congressperson, I would stop business as usual until a resolution is achieved. Mr. Trump can stop this nonsense with a phone call. Hey, he pardoned criminals, why not the children and their parents?

And what exactly should Republicans be ashamed of? Enforcing the law?

All parents should rise up and condemn this strong handed overbearing law. Has American not heard: "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not" 1 Cor. 10:23 (KJV). CM

1. That verse is taken out of context for this situation.
    2. What is overbearing about the law? Those criminals chose to do an illegal act rather than follow our immigration laws like thousands of people do legally each year. Why are you defending criminals?
  • C Mc

@reformed said:

1. "...Why are you defending criminals?"

Am I really? Do you not know criminals in America have rights? Are you an American?

In case you don't know or just playing around, they do. That includes any at the border deemed to be a criminal. Even the 9/11 terrorists have rights under American laws. Get up to speed my brother:

1. What are the rights of a criminal defendant?
    The Fifth Amendment protects against self-incrimination (the right to remain silent) and double jeopardy: The Right to Remain Silent: Criminal defendants have the right to remain silent. This right protects the defendant from self-incrimination, commonly known as Miranda Rights, during arrest and at trial.

2. What are my rights in a trial?
    Trial Rights. ... This section lists the trial rights that individuals have and describes how they operate. More. Right to a Speedy Jury Trial. The Sixth Amendment to the Constitution provides criminal defendants with the right to a speedy trial by an impartial jury.

3. What are the rights of a person accused of a crime?
    The 6th Amendment sets forth fairly specific rights for criminal defendants, including: The right to trial by jury. The right to trial in a timely manner. The right to be informed of the nature and cause of all accusations against you.

4. What are the rights guaranteed by the First Amendment?
    First Amendment. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petitition the Government for a redress of grievances.

5. What are the rights to a fair trial?
    The aim of the right is to ensure the proper administration of justice. As a minimum the right to fair trial includes the following fair trial rights in civil and criminal proceedings: the right to be heard by a competent, independent and impartial tribunal. the right to a public hearing.

6. What are the 7 human rights?
    Appendix 5: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (abbreviated)
    Article 1 Right to Equality
    Article 4 Freedom from Slavery
    Article 5 Freedom from Torture and Degrading Treatment
    Article 6 Right to Recognition as a Person before the Law
    Article 7 Right to Equality before the Law

My concern is that America lacks compassion and is going downhill. Need I say more? CM

• Jan
    Jan Posts: 301

Let me share what's happening here in Europe. We're in no position to point fingers at America.

We have refugees here from Russia; Evangelical Christians with adopted children. So why have they fled to Europe? Reason is, only Eastern Orthodox families are allowed these days to adopt children in Russia.

The Russian government removes adopted children from any other families.

So the families are arriving in Europe seeking refuge; however, they don't receive refugee status, and are threatened with deportation. I don't think that deportation has already started, but if nothing changes, these families will be deported, meaning, they will lose their children.

None of these cases is in the media. Why not? I have suspicions. It's Evangelical Christians who are affected. So why is nothing about it in the news? Because it's not Evangelical Christians who remove the children from their parents, but Evangelical Christians from whom their children are being removed.

So it's not really a case of fake news, but the double standard of the media is nothing but disgusting.

• Bill_Coley

@Jan said:

I'd like to read more about the alarming immigration problem you describe, Jan. Can you provide links to some resources?

• Jan
    Jan Posts: 301

@Bill_Coley said:
    I'd like to read more about the alarming immigration problem you describe, Jan. Can you provide links to some resources?

The only news outlet that I'm aware reported about the issue is Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty, but they haven't got it in their online portal. Apart from that I can only tell you what I've heard from my Russian friends.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

1. "...Why are you defending criminals?"

Am I really? Do you not know criminals in America have rights? Are you an American?

Yes I am an American, and yes Americans have rights in this country. Do you know that the Constitution doesn't apply to foreigners? They do not have the same rights as citizens no matter what you might believe. That being said, do you realize if two American parents committed a crime their kids would be taken from them as well? This isn't a border thing. This is standard.

In case you don't know or just playing around, they do. That includes any at the border deemed to be a criminal. Even the 9/11 terrorists have rights under American laws. Get up to speed my brother:

No, actually they don't. That is a very liberal interpretation and not founded in reality. Even if they did, no rights have been violated.

1. What are the rights of a criminal defendant?
    The Fifth Amendment protects against self-incrimination (the right to remain silent) and double jeopardy: The Right to Remain Silent: Criminal defendants have the right to remain silent. This right protects the defendant from self-incrimination, commonly known as Miranda Rights, during arrest and at trial.

These do not apply to non-Americans. That being said, none of these are being violated.

2. What are my rights in a trial?
    Trial Rights. ... This section lists the trial rights that individuals have and describes how they operate. More. Right to a Speedy Jury Trial. The Sixth Amendment to the Constitution provides criminal defendants with the right to a speedy trial by an impartial jury.

What does this have to do with anything?

3. What are the rights of a person accused of a crime?
    The 6th Amendment sets forth fairly specific rights for criminal defendants, including: The right to trial by jury. The right to trial in a timely manner. The right to be informed of the nature and cause of all accusations against you.

What is your point?

4. What are the rights guaranteed by the First Amendment?
    First Amendment. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petitition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What is the point of this with regard to the topic and what I have said?

5. What are the rights to a fair trial?
    The aim of the right is to ensure the proper administration of justice. As a minimum the right to fair trial includes the following fair trial rights in civil and criminal proceedings: the right to be heard by a competent, independent and impartial tribunal. the right to a public hearing.

What is your point?

6. What are the 7 human rights?
    Appendix 5: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (abbreviated)
    Article 1 Right to Equality
    Article 4 Freedom from Slavery
    Article 5 Freedom from Torture and Degrading Treatment
    Article 6 Right to Recognition as a Person before the Law
    Article 7 Right to Equality before the Law

My concern is that America lacks compassion and is going downhill. Need I say more? CM

I don't care what the UN says. We are talking about our laws. We actually, just last week, pulled out of the UN Human Rights Council because that organization is such a joke.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Furthermore, Child Services unfairly and cruelly (think Bill's amazing mountain of emotion and adjectives and dedicated work above) separates far more children from families unfairly than Immigration does regarding criminals.

You know Child Services do what best for the child.

A few shrill but fading voices here and there cry out their personal emotions...

No, it's not. America rises up and Trump backed down and did what he said only Congress could do. This will be repeated again in 2020.

Things are still the same. Even worse, children are scatted around the country. Trump is no hero. He got caught not telling the truth, alone with his Homeland Security Director.

Your beloved President is a Political Pyromaniac. He creates political fires and wants praise and recognition for putting them out, like yesterday. This whole mess is of his own doing. CM

• C Mc

@Jan said:
    Let me share what's happening here in Europe. We're in no position to point fingers at America.

We have refugees here from Russia; Evangelical Christians with adopted children. So why have they fled to Europe? Reason is, only Eastern Orthodox families are allowed these days to adopt children in Russia.

The Russian government removes adopted children from any other families.

So the families are arriving in Europe seeking refuge; however, they don't receive refugee status, and are threatened with deportation. I don't think that deportation has already started, but if nothing changes, these families will be deported, meaning, they will lose their children.

None of these cases is in the media. Why not? I have suspicions. It's Evangelical Christians who are affected. So why is nothing about it in the news? Because it's not Evangelical Christians who remove the children from their parents, but Evangelical Christians from whom their children are being removed.

So it's not really a case of fake news, but the double standard of the media is nothing but disgusting.

Is this where the Trump Administration got some of its ideas? CM

• GaoLu

@Jan said:

@Bill_Coley said:

The only news outlet that I'm aware reported about the issue is Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty, but they haven't got it in their online portal. Apart from that I can only tell you what I've heard from my Russian friends.

SE Asian human trafficking makes all this immigration Kafluffle look like school children at play. Yes, it is a problem, but sometimes I marvel at how huge a little issue is to an American. While families are being tortured and killed in countries around them, Americans fuss about a hangnail. This blindness had come home to roost as so-called Christians fuss about the Presidents wife's sniffles while mothers are deceived and medics torture and kill infants by the million all around them.

• GaoLu

I may have made a false assumption that people here know that some if not many of the "parents" of these children are not parents but child traffickers. There is a very good reason for many of these separations.

• reformed

@GaoLu said:
    I may have made a false assumption that people here know that some if not many of the "parents" of these children are not parents but child traffickers. There is a very good reason for many of these separations.

Exactly

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

"Some if not many of the "parents" of these children are not parents but child traffickers", please, you don't know this to be so. If so, the administration would have readily said so. Besides, who can believe what they say, when they, fabricate exponentially. THEY HAVE DESTROYED THEIR OWN CREDIBILITY. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

"Some if not many of the "parents" of these children are not parents but child traffickers", please, you don't know this to be so. If so, the administration would have readily said so. Besides, who can believe what they say, when they, fabricate exponentially. THEY HAVE DESTROYED THEIR OWN CREDIBILITY. CM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/06/21/documents-human-traffickers-regularly-pose-as-parents-of-children-to-cross-the-border-illegally-n2492737

Actually, this was confirmed prior to the Trump administration. Guess your partisan nonsense won't work this time.

Why do you keep defending these criminals? Why don't you insist people follow the law?

• Bill_Coley
    edited June 2018

@reformed said:
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/06/21/documents-human-traffickers-regularly-pose-as-parents-of-children-to-cross-the-border-illegally-n2492737

Actually, this was confirmed prior to the Trump administration. Guess your partisan nonsense won't work this time.

When in the Townhall article I saw reference to a 314% increase in border crossings by "fraudulent" families, I instantly wondered 314% higher than WHAT?

Unfortunately, when DHS Secretary Nielsen first offered that number in a briefing at the White House, no reporter asked for additional details. Fortunately, Phillip Bump of the Washington Post later consulted with DHS. In his article from DHS data we learn that over the five month time period Secretary Nielsen cited, that 314% increase in cases of fraudulent family border crossings resulted in such cases' making up 0.61% of all family crossings. That is, such crossings were SO rampant during that five month period, only 99.39% of family crossings were not fraudulent.

@CM, how could you POSSIBLY think you can't trust the Trump administration?! :tongue:

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

When in the Townhall article I saw reference to a 314% increase in border crossings by "fraudulent" families, I instantly wondered 314% higher than WHAT?

Unfortunately, when DHS Secretary Nielsen first offered that number in a briefing at the White House, no reporter asked for additional details. Fortunately, Phillip Bump of the Washington Post later consulted with DHS. In his article from DHS data we learn that over the five month time period Secretary Nielsen cited, that 314% increase in cases of fraudulent family border crossings resulted in such cases' making up 0.61% of all family crossings. That is, such crossings were SO rampant during that five month period, only 99.39% of family crossings were not fraudulent.

@CM, how could you POSSIBLY think you can't trust the Trump administration?! :tongue:

I love how you ignored the parts of the article that were talking about the Obama era. @Bill_Coley how can one possibly think YOU can be trusted? :tongue:

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:
    I love how you ignored the parts of the article that were talking about the Obama era. @Bill_Coley how can one possibly think YOU can be trusted? :tongue:

As you know from reading the Townhall.com article, reformed, its author presents only two numerical summaries of Obama-era immigration conditions:
    1. That according to an April 2016 letter from Senator Chuck Grassley, "at least one Honduran interviewed by DHS officials reported that children are kidnapped or adopted then smuggled with their unrelated adult 'family member,'" and
    2. That during the Obama era, "80-90 percent of individuals making asylum claims with children were released after being processed and given a court date."

Because in my view, neither of those claims is particularly controversial or subject to misappropriation, I didn't engage them.

Yes, there are other claims in the article, but none that is accompanied by supporting - e.g. numerical - evidence. I saw no reason to engage unsupported claims, particularly since the statistical centerpiece of her work is clearly the 314% increase figure.

About that 314% increase, I invite you to take note of the relevant history of our recent exchange:

• CM argued that Gao Lu does not know for sure what portion of "parents" are actually traffickers. CM claimed that the Trump administration "(fabricates) exponentially," which justifies our having doubt in its numbers.
    • In response to CM, you posted the townhall.com link and called his contentions "partisan nonsense."
    • In response to your post, I then showed that the Trump administration's 314% (!) increase statistic means fraudulent family border crossings account for all of 0.61% of all family crossings.

Stand back from the partisanship on all sides of our discussion to answer this: Doesn't the fact that the Trump administration touted a 314% increase, but chose not to reveal the 0.61% of all crossings figure justify at least a bit of skepticism about the administration's transparency and truthfulness?

p.s. It's charmingly ironic that you throw me some shade for ignoring "parts of the (townhall.com) article" in a post in which you ignore ALL PARTS of my post to which it replied.

• Bill_Coley

I give high praise to the First Lady for traveling to our nation's southern border today. Well done. But I wonder about our First Lady when for a trip to kids and families in desperate straits, subjects all of tense national passion and debate, she chooses to wear a jacket whose back reads, "I really don't care. Do U?"

Come on, FLOTUS. You or your staff has to know better than that!

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:
    I give high praise to the First Lady for traveling to our nation's southern border today. Well done. But I wonder about our First Lady when for a trip to kids and families in desperate straits, subjects all of tense national passion and debate, she chooses to wear a jacket whose back reads, "I really don't care. Do U?"

Wow, really? That is what she wore in DC, that is not what she wore on the border. Liberals need to get over themselves.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@Bill_Coley said:

Wow, really? That is what she wore in DC, that is not what she wore on the border. Liberals need to get over themselves.

Even in DC, it's bad for a person in her position and a husband of his caliber. Now, you see in another post, why I suggested you pray for the FLOTUS. A child with a Lemonade Stand can and would have exercised better judgment. Come on, First Lady and staff!

Then again, I wonder if she was told or made to wear that jacket? I just don't know. Personally, I find it to be too convenient to be just a coincident. CM

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:

If you're saying she didn't wear that jacket at any point in her trip today - e.g. getting on the plane to fly to the border - please confirm so, and I will immediately apologize for my previous post. I don't at all mind critiquing the Trump administration, but I won't knowingly do so on the basis of Internet scams such as that picture would be if she didn't wear the jacket at all today.

But if she DID wear that jacket today - say, while boarding a plane to the border - then I don't apologize for my post, and I repeat my contention that she and her staff gotta know better. In political parlance, such a preventable and self-inflicted error is called "stepping on your message."

• C Mc

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

If you're saying she didn't wear that jacket at any point in her trip today - e.g. getting on the plane to fly to the border - please confirm so, and I will immediately apologize for my previous post. I don't at all mind critiquing the Trump administration, but I won't knowingly do so on the basis of Internet scams such as that picture would be if she didn't wear the jacket at all today.

But if she DID wear that jacket today - say, while boarding a plane to the border - then I don't apologize for my post, and I repeat my contention that she and her staff gotta know better. In political parlance, such a preventable and self-inflicted error is called "stepping on your message."

I endorse this post, by Bill 100%. I hope it was "fake news." If not, ___________. (awaiting confirmation). CM

• Bill_Coley

I have confirmed that the First Lady did in fact wear the "I Really Don't Care..." jacket onto the plane that took her to the border.

Earlier in the day, her spokesperson said the jacket was just "a jacket," with no "hidden message." The president later tweeted that the jacket gave the message that the First Lady "truly" no longer cares about the dishonesty of the "Fake News Media."

Decide for yourself. I have decided that that was a TERRIBLE jacket to wear at ANY time on a trip during which she intended to communicate compassion and concern.