The American eagle has been drugged

C Mc
C Mc Posts: 4,463

The American eagle has been drugged. He is fast asleep.
"' Quenched in dark clouds of slumber lie
The terror of his beak, the lightning of his eye.'"
"But I mean to wake him up. That is my humble task."

CM

Comments

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

The resident CD Troll is on steroids.

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Good grief. Don't know what world you live in....

The eagle flies higher than ever
    It's bright majestic wings forever
    Let it soar and it's glory shine
    For America is doing fine

• C Mc
    edited September 2018

@GaoLu said:

GaoLu,
    Just say, you don't agree. Leave the childish nonsense out. CM

@reformed said:

Only in your America. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

GaoLu,
    Just say, you don't agree. Leave the childish nonsense out. CM

@reformed said:

Only in your America. CM

I live in the real world, unlike you.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

Only in your America. CM

Understand, "Crazy Town" U.S.A. (White House). CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Only in your America. CM

Understand, "Crazy Town" U.S.A. (White House). CM

No, crazy town has been the Democrats on the Judiciary Committee this week.

• reformed
    edited September 2018

And let's talk about you stealing photos and posting them without permission in this thread....

• C Mc

Pics? Which one? One with your head in the sand or the drugged American eagle? You seem to be the master of distraction, from the main point. Even without it, the points remain, Mr. Reformed. Now, that the image is in your head, you can erase the posted pics. CM

• GaoLu

Stock photo services are not subject to fair use due to the rights they carry. Stock photo services require you to pay for a license. You may link to such a photo, but not repost it. Reposting photos specifically posted for sale, especially one with a watermark is illegal and subject to penalty.

I am an amateur photographer and sell photos through stock photo services.

On a more positive note:
    I celebrate @reformed's post:

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    Pics? Which one? One with your head in the sand or the drugged American eagle? You seem to be the master of distraction, from the main point. Even without it, the points remain, Mr. Reformed. Now, that the image is in your head, you can erase the posted pics. CM

Even without it, my point remains reality while you live in some crazy dream.> @GaoLu said:

Stock photo services are not subject to fair use due to the rights they carry. Stock photo services require you to pay for a license. You may link to such a photo, but not repost it. Reposting photos specifically posted for sale, especially one with a watermark is illegal and subject to penalty.

I am an amateur photographer and sell photos through stock photo services.

On a more positive note:
    I celebrate @reformed's post:

Thanks

• GaoLu

Let it be known that under Trump's leadership youth unemployment is now at a 50 year low!

• C Mc

When a person or a nation is drugged, many realities get by him or her. One more notch to show the Trump Administration is "Unhinged" and unfocused. A person is drunk as his head. Mr. Trump is, ere goes, America. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    When a person or a nation is drugged, many realities get by him or her. One more notch to show the Trump Administration is "Unhinged" and unfocused. A person is drunk as his head. Mr. Trump is, ere goes, America. CM

Um, the only ones unhinged are liberals.

• C Mc

The White House, a.k.a "Crazy Town", is in search of the writer of the letter from within. This is like the Keystone Cops trying to solve the Murder on the "Oriental Express". CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    The White House, a.k.a "Crazy Town", is in search of the writer of the letter from within. This is like the Keystone Cops trying to solve the Murder on the "Oriental Express". CM

Why should they not find the author?

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

It's a waste of time. The President should focus on the good news of the country if there is any. Mr. Trump should have more important things to give his attention too. If anything, he should focus on the message of his ill behavior. Look at himself. The emperor has no clothes. Trump is in denial of reality. I told you, a long time ago, that Mr. Trump's enemies are of his own party. Wake up! CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

It's a waste of time. The President should focus on the good news of the country if there is any. Mr. Trump should have more important things to give his attention too. If anything, he should focus on the message of his ill behavior. Look at himself. The emperor has no clothes. Trump is in denial of reality. I told you, a long time ago, that Mr. Trump's enemies are of his own party. Wake up! CM

There is plenty of good news, and he does focus on it. I would say a national security situation of someone trying to thwart the White House from inside and undermine the President IS IMPORTANT. What denial of reality is he giving? The Dems are the ones living in an alternate world.

• C Mc

"The emperor has no clothes". Don't blame the Dems. No one wants Trump! CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

If that were true he wouldn't be the President. "no one wants Trump" is about the most idiotic comment I've heard.

Trump has better ratings than Obama did at this point in his presidency.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

If that were true he wouldn't be the President. "no one wants Trump" is about the most idiotic comment I've heard.

Stop! Time is a revealer of all truths. Read the latest polls on your man. Buyer's remorse! His own party wants him out. You should see this if he can't. sad, sad! CM

PS. Get informed, Reformed.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Stop! Time is a revealer of all truths. Read the latest polls on your man. Buyer's remorse! His own party wants him out. You should see this if he can't. sad, sad! CM

PS. Get informed, Reformed.

What poll says that? Daily tracking poll gives him a 47% rating, Obama at this point in his presidency had a 42%.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:
    I agree with @GaoLu now. @C_M_ is @Bill_Coley it is obvious.

Bill randomly comes back because of one thread mentioning him? Then @C_M_ goes off?

No, reformed. I "(came) back" in the "Where is Bill" thread to clear up the confusion you and Gao Lu had created with your tin foil hat conspiracy theory that I create and post CD aliases, one of which, you now openly assert, is CM (or perhaps you now assert that I am one of CM's aliases; you and Gao Lu need to have a "Go to Meeting" session so that you can synchronize your conspiracies).

What makes your post so ironic to me, reformed, is that I read it immediately after reading your pronouncement to Wolfgang that he "and other conspiracy theorists just need to shut up." Rarely has Luke 4.23 been more useful.

BUT ALAS! I'm ALSO willing to "come back" for other reasons. For example, a claim you made in a recent post in this very thread. To wit....

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Facts are stubborn things, reformed. And in this case, the facts are not kind to your views:

If one limits his or her review of polling data to the GOP-friendly Rasmussen Poll, yes, Mr. Trump's approval rating today (48%) is higher than was Mr. Obama's at the same time in his presidency (42%). However, if one accounts for the political leanings of the Rasmussen Poll by turning to the Real Clear Politics (RCP) average of SEVERAL national polls, the results are very different:

A 12.5% deficit, disapproval over approval, is NOT "better" than a 4.3% deficit, disapproval over approval, which means your claim that "Trump has better ratings than Obama did at this point in his presidency" is true ONLY if we consult a Trump-friendly/Obama-unfriendly data source. If we consult data from across the partisan/bias spectrum, your claim is clearly false.

Then there's the matter of the economic conditions each president faced at this point in his presidency....

• THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE - For Mr. Obama, 9.5% in September 2010, the economy still deeply wounded by the great recession of 2008; for Mr. Trump, 3.9% in September 2018.
    • THE GDP GROWTH RATE - For Mr. Obama, quarterly GDP growth averaged around 1% over the first six quarters of his presidency, again, in large measure due to the recesssion; for Mr. Trump, it's averaged around 2.7%

BOTTOM LINE: Mr. Trump serves during FAR better economic times than did Mr. Obama, yet Mr. Trump's average approval rating among several national polls is noticeably lower than was Mr. Obama's at the same time in his presidency.

So you see, reformed, I'm willing to "come back" to confront your conspiracy theories, AND to confront your false claims. At least I was willing to "come back" for a couple of posts. Will I "come back" again? My aliases and I (or CM's aliases and he) are having a "Go to Meeting" session later this week. I'll/He'll/We'll keep you posted.

• reformed
    edited September 2018

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:
    I agree with @GaoLu now. @C_M_ is @Bill_Coley it is obvious.

Bill randomly comes back because of one thread mentioning him? Then @C_M_ goes off?

No, reformed. I "(came) back" in the "Where is Bill" thread to clear up the confusion you and Gao Lu had created with your tin foil hat conspiracy theory that I create and post CD aliases, one of which, you now openly assert, is CM (or perhaps you now assert that I am one of CM's aliases; you and Gao Lu need to have a "Go to Meeting" session so that you can synchronize your conspiracies).

What makes your post so ironic to me, reformed, is that I read it immediately after reading your pronouncement to Wolfgang that he "and other conspiracy theorists just need to shut up." Rarely has Luke 4.23 been more useful.

BUT ALAS! I'm ALSO willing to "come back" for other reasons. For example, a claim you made in a recent post in this very thread. To wit....

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Facts are stubborn things, reformed. And in this case, the facts are not kind to your views:

If one limits his or her review of polling data to the GOP-friendly Rasmussen Poll, yes, Mr. Trump's approval rating today (48%) is higher than was Mr. Obama's at the same time in his presidency (42%). However, if one accounts for the political leanings of the Rasmussen Poll by turning to the Real Clear Politics (RCP) average of SEVERAL national polls, the results are very different:

A 12.5% deficit, disapproval over approval, is NOT "better" than a 4.3% deficit, disapproval over approval, which means your claim that "Trump has better ratings than Obama did at this point in his presidency" is true ONLY if we consult a Trump-friendly/Obama-unfriendly data source. If we consult data from across the partisan/bias spectrum, your claim is clearly false.

Then there's the matter of the economic conditions each president faced at this point in his presidency....

• THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE - For Mr. Obama, 9.5% in September 2010, the economy still deeply wounded by the great recession of 2008; for Mr. Trump, 3.9% in September 2018.
    • THE GDP GROWTH RATE - For Mr. Obama, quarterly GDP growth averaged around 1% over the first six quarters of his presidency, again, in large measure due to the recesssion; for Mr. Trump, it's averaged around 2.7%

BOTTOM LINE: Mr. Trump serves during FAR better economic times than did Mr. Obama, yet Mr. Trump's average approval rating among several national polls is noticeably lower than was Mr. Obama's at the same time in his presidency.

So you see, reformed, I'm willing to "come back" to confront your conspiracy theories, AND to confront your false claims. At least I was willing to "come back" for a couple of posts. Will I "come back" again? My aliases and I (or CM's aliases and he) are having a "Go to Meeting" session later this week. I'll/He'll/We'll keep you posted.

The RCP average uses more biased polls towards Dems than Repubs so that's not exactly accurate either Bill, CM, whoever you are. And yes, he serves during better economic times. BECAUSE of his policies.

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:
    The RCP average uses more biased polls towards Dems than Repubs so that's not exactly accurate either...

"...that's not exactly accurate either." A more informed, researched, supported, and definitive-yet-appropriately-nuanced rejoinder I can't imagine, reformed.

It's either that, or your response is yet another example of the axiom witnessed frequently among Trumpsters: If you can't beat the message, then beat the messenger.

Aside from a factless and strangely spineless assertion about the polls included in the RCP average, you have provided no evidence to disprove the evidence I presented that your claim about Trump's approval rating compared to Obama's was false.

I made a claim and backed it up with links to very specific and on-point data. You have now made two claims - about Trump's ratings and about the component polls of the RCP average. Please now back them up with links to specific and on-point data. And if you won't/can't, please tell us so directly so that readers of this thread can compare my willingness to back up my claims to your willingness to back up your claims.

...Bill, CM, whoever you are.

I wish I knew, reformed. I wish I knew! :scream:

And yes, he serves during better economic times. BECAUSE of his policies.

When, three-quarter's of the way down, you hop on a wagon that's rolling down a hill, it's not a surprise when that wagon continues rolling farther and farther down the hill after you get on. You might steer the wagon differently than it was being steered before you got on, but make no mistake, when you got on the wagon, its basic direction had already been decided.

The direction of the wagon known as the US economy's recovery from the great recession of 2008 began its journey under Mr. Obama, and was well down the hill when Mr. Trump got on in January 2017 (70+ consecutive months of job growth, for example). The idea that Trump faces a 3.9% unemployment rate and Obama faced a 9.5% unemployment rate at the same point in their presidencies "BECAUSE of (Trump's) policies" is absurd and uninformed.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:
    The RCP average uses more biased polls towards Dems than Repubs so that's not exactly accurate either...

"...that's not exactly accurate either." A more informed, researched, supported, and definitive-yet-appropriately-nuanced rejoinder I can't imagine, reformed.

It's either that, or your response is yet another example of the axiom witnessed frequently among Trumpsters: If you can't beat the message, then beat the messenger.

Aside from a factless and strangely spineless assertion about the polls included in the RCP average, you have provided no evidence to disprove the evidence I presented that your claim about Trump's approval rating compared to Obama's was false.

I made a claim and backed it up with links to very specific and on-point data. You have now made two claims - about Trump's ratings and about the component polls of the RCP average. Please now back them up with links to specific and on-point data. And if you won't/can't, please tell us so directly so that readers of this thread can compare my willingness to back up my claims to your willingness to back up your claims.

...Bill, CM, whoever you are.

I wish I knew, reformed. I wish I knew! :scream:

And yes, he serves during better economic times. BECAUSE of his policies.

When, three-quarter's of the way down, you hop on a wagon that's rolling down a hill, it's not a surprise when that wagon continues rolling farther and farther down the hill after you get on. You might steer the wagon differently than it was being steered before you got on, but make no mistake, when you got on the wagon, its basic direction had already been decided.

The direction of the wagon known as the US economy's recovery from the great recession of 2008 began its journey under Mr. Obama, and was well down the hill when Mr. Trump got on in January 2017 (70+ consecutive months of job growth, for example). The idea that Trump faces a 3.9% unemployment rate and Obama faced a 9.5% unemployment rate at the same point in their presidencies "BECAUSE of (Trump's) policies" is absurd and uninformed.

It's also absurd for Obama to take credit for the current ecomonic climate. We were stagnant at best definitely not growing.

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:
    It's also absurd for Obama to take credit for the current ecomonic climate. We were stagnant at best definitely not growing.

And with this, your reply to my request that you back up your previous claims with links to specific and on-point data, CD forum readers can now compare my willingness to back up my claims with your willingness to back up your claims, reformed.... I like my chances in such comparisons.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

And with this, your reply to my request that you back up your previous claims with links to specific and on-point data, CD forum readers can now compare my willingness to back up my claims with your willingness to back up your claims, reformed.... I like my chances in such comparisons.

Everytime you "back up" your claims here it is with sketchy data or patently biased material. Not worth my time.

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

Everytime you "back up" your claims here it is with sketchy data or patently biased material. Not worth my time.

Yet again, reformed, you make a claim, but fail to support it with evidence. Is it as odd to you as it is to me that you criticize others when they make, but in your view don't back up, their claims in their exchanges with you, but you aren't willing to back up your own claims in your exchange with me?

Even accepting your grievance about the evidence I provide to back up my claim (and I don't!) surely "sketchy or patently biased material" is more evidence than the no evidence you provide to back up your claims.

Specific to our current exchange, identify for me ONE, SINGLE piece of evidence to which I linked that was "sketchy or patently-biased." Was it the Labor Department's unemployment numbers? Was it the Treasury Department's GDP numbers? Was it the archived Rasmussen Poll results about Obama? Which specific evidence was "sketchy or patently biased"? Or is this yet another claim you made with no intention/evidence to back it up?

• reformed

We aren't going with disapproval ratings, we are going with approval and the fact remains, more people approve of Trump than they did Obama.

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:
    We aren't going with disapproval ratings, we are going with approval and the fact remains, more people approve of Trump than they did Obama.

And you make yet another claim without evidence to prove it.

Specific to your latest unsubstantiated claim: The RCP average of polls reports BOTH approval and disapproval numbers for the two presidents at this time in their first terms. Since you focus solely on approval numbers, let's look at those (find links in one of my previous post):

• Obama, on September 10, 2010: 45.6%
    • Trump, on September 10, 2018: 41.0%

45.6% is HIGHER/GREATER than 41.0%. Your claim that "more people approve of Trump than they did Obama" is true ONLY if we restrict reference to polls from GOP-friendly sources such as Rasmussen. If we consult a variety of polls, however - as any objectively-minded researcher would do - your claim is clearly false.

[The latest national polls other than Rasmussen? CNN: Trump's at 37% approval. Quinnipiac: 38%. Gallup: 40%. Even in Rasmussen, Obama NEVER got that low.]

Don't agree? Provide links to specific and on-point data that prove me wrong. Don't just claim, reformed. Prove.