YES, the Economy IS BOOMING under Trump

Comments

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited August 2018

Apparently I do as it is. Trump is doing a great job and America is shifting toward him. The Left just isn't offering value.

Further, Bill, you are not my mother.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

The president has a "base" of 30-35% of the country, Trumpsters who will not abandon him even IF he shoots someone on Fifth Avenue in New York, even THOUGH he lies pathologically, and even WHEN he and/or his campaign is (likely) proven to have conspired with the Russians to affect the 2016 election.

Careful, there has been zero evidence to this point to suggest that it is likely to be proven. Your bias is showing.

It's worth noting that while you take issue with my prediction that Trump and Co will likely be proven to have conspired with the Russians, you do NOT take issue with my contention that the president "lies pathologically." Assuming that your choice was intentional, I admire your candor, reformed.

But the president now has unfavorables in the 60's% among independent voters and as a purely political matter, that's deadly for his party in the upcoming midterm elections. If/When the Democrats take over the House in November, FINALLY accountability will return to Washington, and the House Government Oversight Committee will actually resume overseeing the operations of the government.

Accountability? Oh brother. The Democrats aren't capapble of being accountable. Look at Obama.

Again, you take issue with one of my contentions - that the Democrats will institute accountability - but you do NOT take issue with the other contentions in the paragraph: that Trump's unfavorables among independents are in the 60's% and that such numbers would be deadly for the GOP in the midterms. Again I admire your candor.

By the way, it's nice to be selective about a poll eh @Bill_Coley ?

Here is one that has Trump's approval at 50%

Rasmussen is widely known to be a GOP-leaning survey. Perhaps Gallup leans the other way; I don't think it does, but it might. So let's compromise by using the RealClearPolitics average of ten national polls that includes them both. In the average, 43.5% approve of the president's performance in office, while 52.8% disapprove. That's nine points under water.

Oh and here is an interesting article: https://www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-rating-obama-higher-1054927

Headline from that article reads: "DONALD TRUMP’S APPROVAL RATING 5 POINTS HIGHER THAN BARACK OBAMA’S AT SAME POINT IN HIS PRESIDENCY: RASMUSSEN POLL"

It's interesting that eighteen months into his first term, Barack Obama faced an economy just beginning to recover from the ravages of the great recession of 2008, which had produced a 9.5% average unemployment rate during that year and a half (the rate would drop to 4.8% by the time he left office). Eighteen months into his first term, Donald Trump has faced an average unemployment rate of 4.2% and, most recently, 4.1% quarterly GDP growth. YET SOMEHOW, Mr Trump's approval rating is just five points higher than Obama's, even according to right-leaning Rassmussen. What could POSSIBLY explain such a small difference between Trump's and Obama's numbers?! Oh that's right, as I noted, Americans see Mr Trump for "the divisive, dangerous, incompetent, fear- and hate monger that he is."

Wow you are an idiot aren't you? That's not what it means at all. And I love how you refuse to give any credit where credit is due. You are a mindless liberal lunatic.

If only all people were as insightful and articulate as you, reformed. Most people I meet don't notice - or at least don't come out and say - that I'm an idiot. You did. I'm awestruck.

And to push the character of your post to even deeper heights, you don't actually TELL me I'm an idiot. You ASK me whether I'm an idiot... or ask for my confirmation of what seems to be your observation that I'm an idiot. But still!! Not every poster would show such courtesy to people they think are idiots. So, thank you.

And mindless!! You're the first person to notice - or (tell the truth, Bill) to tell me - that I'm mindless. I lost my mind early in my first months of the original version of the CD forums, from countless posted tussles with what turned out to be the precursors to modern day Trumpsters. You should have been there! Oh what titanic forensic struggles those were!... Well not exactly. Those folks had no more substance to their arguments than yours have. But that IS when I lost my mind, and it IS to your credit to notice that I am mindless.

Liberal? We've been down that road enough to know better.

Lunatic? My only excuse is that a Harvard study found that mindless idiots are 42% more susceptible to lunacy than minded idiots or mindless smart people. For some reason, the Harvard researchers didn't study minded smart people. Too small a sample size, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, thanks for another well reasoned, thoughtfully presented post, David. I think it's one of your best.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@GaoLu said:
    Let's add this:

"...Since the first black president took office, the number of African-American voters siding with Democrats in presidential elections has gradually declined.

"...the decrease is a sign that the left may be slipping when it comes to connecting with black Americans.

Why does this matter? Isn't there a ban on African-Americans, like Moslems, to the U. S. A.? CM

• GaoLu

We are talking about Americans.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675
    edited August 2018

@C_M_ said:
    Why does this matter? Isn't there a ban on African-Americans, like Moslems, to the U. S. A.? CM

@GaoLu said:

African Americans ARE Americans.

• C Mc
    edited August 2018

@GaoLu said:

The question remains, is there a ban? If not, why not?

Since they are Americans, so, GaoLu, what's your overall point? Who cares? CM

• GaoLu

Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but it does to the rest of us.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but it does to the rest of us.

When "its all said and done", I don't think so. Can this be proven in any tangible way?
    1. Again, is there a ban on "people of color"? If not, don't you think, there should be?
    2. Isn't this a part of "Making America Great Again"? CM

• GaoLu

You aren't making any kind of intelligible sense. Perhaps you intend that. Or, maybe you are off your meds again.

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:
    Let's add this:

"...Since the first black president took office, the number of African-American voters siding with Democrats in presidential elections has gradually declined.

"...the decrease is a sign that the left may be slipping when it comes to connecting with black Americans.

Are you kidding me right now? There isn't an African-American OR a Muslim ban in the USA.

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018

I think it is standard edition trolling. Good thing Lu isn't here!

Or, it's possible they really don't know.

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/scott-slayton/african-american-pastor-calls-trump-a-pro-black-president.html

Post edited by GaoLu on
  • GaoLu
    edited August 2018

One more reason liberals are short-sighted, gimme-gimme, non-doers. All steam whistle and no train. One more reason America does not choose them.

From Cal Thomas (a truly amazing Christian)

Mr. Obama once said it was impossible to bring back manufacturing. At a 2016 PBS town hall event, Mr. Obama derisively said: “Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it,” adding, “He just says, ‘Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.’ Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer.”

Would Mr. Obama like salt or salsa on the words he should eat? President Trump is proving that the past can be prologue.

And one more thought on the kind of people they are. Think of the CD forum posts as you read this:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/anarchy-breaks-out-in-portland-with-the-mayors-blessing-1533331454

• C Mc

Wake up! Mr. Obama is NOT the current President. Get over him. Mr. Trump is-- the one you claimed was legitimately picked by the Elector College. :* CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    Wake up! Mr. Obama is NOT the current President. Get over him. Mr. Trump is-- the one you claimed was legitimately picked by the Elector College. :* CM

His point was the previous President said what the current President was able to accomplish was impossible. In other words, Obama was an idiot.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

His point was the previous President said what the current President was able to accomplish was impossible. In other words, Obama was an idiot.

THE FACTS REMAINS...CM

@C_M_ said: Wake up! Mr. Obama is NOT the current President. Get over him. Mr. Trump is-- the one you claimed was legitimately picked by the Elector College. :* CM

• GaoLu

Obama was also incompetent. Trump is doing what the Democrats said couldn't be done. What is cute is that the hungry little blighters feed in a frenzy on the success of their perceived enemies. Bless their hearts--let them eat too, even as they strike the hands feeding them.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

THE FACTS REMAINS...CM

@C_M_ said: Wake up! Mr. Obama is NOT the current President. Get over him. Mr. Trump is-- the one you claimed was legitimately picked by the Elector College. :* CM

My point is that you MISSED the point because you are so blinded by your liberal hysteria.

@GaoLu said:
    Obama was also incompetent. Trump is doing what the Democrats said couldn't be done. What is cute is that the hungry little blighters feed in a frenzy on the success of their perceived enemies. Bless their hearts--let them eat too, even as they strike the hands feeding them.

I still say we institutionalize all of them.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018

For decades the USA economy has been going downward ... the number of citizens near or under the poverty level has constantly increased, and it appears that if there is any turn toward the better, one can hardly call it "booming".

San Francisco Zombie like Homeless Mobs leave Pandering Elitist Libs Baffled & Tourists Terrified

The national debt is staggering ... in truth, the country is bankrupt (just printing worthless paper will not hold it up).

When thinking about the facts that the USA government spends 717 billion dollars on its military, but has unemployment rates and poverty figures that are equally staggering, one cannot but wonder what devilish dictates are dominating the country swamp

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018

What planet are you from? I was just there visiting multiple states and let me tell you, that place is a booming success. Everywhere I go my friends tell me the same. My investments are doing better than ever. What planet are you from?

• reformed

@GaoLu said:
    What planet are you from? I was just there visiting multiple states and let me tell you, that place is a booming success. Everywhere I go my friends tell me the same. My investments are doing better than ever. What planet are you from?

Planet "I hate the USA"

• C Mc

@Wolfgang said:
    For decades the USA economy has been going downward ... the number of citizens near or under the poverty level has constantly increased, and it appears that if there is any turn toward the better, one can hardly call it "booming".

San Francisco Zombie like Homeless Mobs leave Pandering Elitist Libs Baffled & Tourists Terrified

The national debt is staggering ... in truth, the country is bankrupt (just printing worthless paper will not hold it up).

When thinking about the facts that the USA government spends 717 billion dollars on its military, but has unemployment rates and poverty figures that are equally staggering, one cannot but wonder what devilish dictates are dominating the country swamp

You have a point. Republicans used to care. however, greed is a blinder. CM

• GaoLu

C_M_ Sounds like you are not personally benefitting from the great American upswing under Trump. Do you need some help?

• C Mc

N/A --

@C_M_ said: ... Republicans used to care. However, greed is a blinder. CM

• @GaoLu said:

it is not a question of planets ... perhaps you and your friends are the ones living in "a different country" than many many others? The current president Trump's politics in regards to certain economic matters are definitely "booming" more of a minority (rich and upper class) until now ... and one can only hope that the sphere of influence of positive steps will reach more altogether (boost again a solid broad middle class) in the near future.
    Unfortunately, the national debt according to official reports is still increasing ... the military industrial budget further increasing, the "financial bubble" for millions of citizens close to busting .... and president Trump's economic politics are currently often more campaign talk than actual reality (seeing that US corporations at large are not necessarily following the course (cp. talk about US Steel building or opening 7 new plants are not even confirmed by US Steel). Whether the new taxation policies are benefiting only a certain clientele or the majority of the public (and voters) remains to be seen ...

• @reformed said:

@GaoLu said:

Planet "I hate the USA"

you should "reform" your perception ... as what you are saying is plain non-sense.

• @GaoLu said:
    C_M_ Sounds like you are not personally benefitting from the great American upswing under Trump. Do you need some help?

Your statement hits the proverbial nail on its head ... just because a rather few are benefiting does not mean that the economy at large is "booming". At least, C-M is not ignoring or brushing away certain plain facts ...

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018

"Rather few?" I don't know and have not heard of a single person who says otherwise. Do you? Bill? Dave? Reformed? Anyone?

• C Mc

The current US Economy is false growth. A crisis will occur in 2020. A double correction will be required. The robber barons will still get away with their ill-gotten gains. They'll end up using their gains to protect themselves from disease and social ills.

The US "poor" and "middle class" are being raped by the Trump Tax cuts. The rich and big companies are being immorally satisfied. One can't part-take of the forbidden fruit and not suffer the consequences. Oh, America, when will you learn? Republicans used to care. However, greed is a blinder. CM

• GaoLu

Well, I should have said anyone except Chicken Little. Apologies to all.