Read Before You Register!

Jan
Jan Posts: 301
edited June 2018 in General

christiandiscourse.net has been created to succeed christiandiscourse.com, which was provided by Faithlife Corporation as a place for discussion for their customers.

christiandiscourse.net is not affiliated with Faithlife Corporation or Logos Bible Software, but is an independent initiative by some of their customers.

Forum registration will be switched over to a Single Sign On solution soon, so that you can log in with your Faithlife account. It is therefore important that you register with the same email address that you use in your Faithlife account. If you don't have a Faithlife account, you can get one for free at www.logos.com.
If you register with a different address, you will have a duplicate account issue after the switch, and be in need of support.

Of course you can also participate without having a Faithlife account at all.

Post edited by Jan on

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

C_M_
    I have returned to the "new" CD in response to an invitation from Dave L. Also, because of opportunities to learn and share with serious-minded Christian thinkers. My concerns for the old CD Forum can be found : "Logos Bible Software Forums" forums@logos.com. I hope I have the address correct? I see much work has been done to maintain a site for sincere expressions of biblical thought and understanding. Thanks, Jan for your hard work, insight, and leadership. My item # 4, [After CD's funeral, give her a proper burial, on some large server, so former users can have access and visit its archives. Great value remains in her bowels] is a continuous concern. FL is entitled to its decisions, but don't you think they owe the users of this forum, at least, an explanation? Will we have access to the posts of the old CD? If not, why not? CM

• Jan

As the death of CD was untimely and unannounced, I believe they owe us an explanation - and an apology.
    As for the posts on the original CD - I've found a way to extract them from the internet archive.
    However, that is a hugely tedious task, and there are copyright issues involved. I could make this a future project, if FL agrees for the content to be salvaged and displayed on this site here.

• C Mc

Thanks, Jan for your response. CD's death though sad, your willingness to honor her legacy is greatly appreciated, even if sometimes in the future. I hope we get an explanation soon. The reality feels like being served divorce papers or being abandoned without notice. As customers of FL and users of CD, questions will always linger in the minds of many, why CD was allowed to die? Was it because of a lack of usage, FL business expediency, poor online civility, disagreeable views, a deterioration of content or a callous disregard for a faith-believing group that are "thinkers and not mere reflectors of other men's thoughts?" Broken-hearted; awaits understanding...

• Jan

Logo and forum name had to be changed since the original branding is owned by FL. I also received information that they're planning to bring the original CD back.

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

That is good news that FL is bringing CD back. Yet, I hope you leave this forum here. It may serve a different and excellent purpose.

• Jan

@GaoLu said:
    That is good news that FL is bringing CD back. Yet, I hope you leave this forum here. It may serve a different and excellent purpose.

No worries, this forum will stay. It can just sit on my server and serve as a fallback option every time CD is down.
    However, I'm not going to invest into a "Sign in with Faithlife" module if CD is coming back. I can still do that in case FL declares CD officialy dead.

As for now, I'm going to enable the sign in with Facebook, Twitter and Google modules.

• C Mc

Jan,
    What a big heart and a big server! We think you for all considerations for the CD Family.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018

I was in the process of writing a comment in a thread, then decided not to continue and leave it at that .... now, strangely, whenever I return to that thread, at the bottom I see the started comment and for some reason I cannot delete it. ** How does on delete one's own unwanted comments ?**
    Also, the editing of comments function seems rather awkward in "Vanilla" ...

• C Mc

Yes, I would like to edit my word "think" above to "thank" you... Any help here? CM

• @Wolfgang said:
    I was in the process of writing a comment in a thread, then decided not to continue and leave it at that .... now, strangely, whenever I return to that thread, at the bottom I see the started comment and for some reason I cannot delete it. ** How does on delete one's own unwanted comments ?**

Click on My Drafts on the left side, then X delete the draft.

• @simsrw73 said:
    Click on My Drafts on the left side, then X delete the draft.

Thank you very much ... only now noticed that I had any drafts, because I never used the "Save Draft" button.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018

Just noticed that I must be on some type of moderation/censorship ... because I saw a notice at the left side bottom of the browser window after I posted a comment (the discussion is "Is Jesus Deity?" ) saying that "your comment will appear after it is approved" ... When I went to "Home", I could see that my comment was not listed as the most recent....

What is this about?

• Hmn .... since post to which I was replying was Post Nr 100, I wonder if there is a limit of 100 posts for each discussion?

• OK ... now it seems to be working again, as I was able to post a reply comment in that discussion .... all my recent posts about this problem can now be deleted (If I knew how to delete my own comments, I would do so)

• Jan

Sorry about the late reply, as I've been busy today. Two of your comments were flagged as spam. I've approved them and whtelisted you in the spam filter.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

It's been awhile now since Jan launched the Christian Discussion forum. I appreciate the built in user friendliness. But especially I would like to say thanks to Jan and to all of the posters for your contributions.

• C Mc

Jan,
    How do I erase an OP? I have the same thing twice. Sorry. CM

• Jan
    I can't find the duplicate. Please send me a link, and I'll delete it.
  • C Mc

Who Is The "Son of Man" In The Bible (OT/NT)?
    C_M_C_M_ Posts: 946
    12:46PM i

I hope this is it? I don't know when it comes to this. CM

• Jan
  • C Mc

Thanks, very much! CM