Stephen Hawking: A Tragic End

As you all know by now, Stephen Hawking passed away this week. Unless something changed in his final hours, this is a tragedy. You see, unless something changed, Stephen Hawking made the biggest, and most terrifying discovery of his life this week. Stephen Hawking discovered that the afterlife is actually real, and that Hell awaits for anyone who does not accept Christ.

It is no doubt that Hawking had a brilliant mind in many ways. I can't even begin (or pretend) to understand the fields that he worked in or how they are relevant to our daily lives.

But all of that brilliance doesn't matter. He missed the biggest and most important aspects of life.

1. God is real.
  2. We are sinners destined for eternal damnation.
  3. Christ died for our sins.
  4. We can have a relationship with Christ and live with him in Heaven when we leave this world.

Stephen Hawking missed all of that. Mocked it. Said it was a "fairy tale." Unfortunately, unless something changed and I hope it did, this fairy tale is now his eternal nightmare.

May this ever be a reminder that our first and foremost job is to spread the Gospel.

Comments

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Stephen Hawking has completely changed his mind about God, now. He believes alright.

Your warning is good. Taking our life and theology seriously in the light of God's Word and the Holy Spirit is very important. Today.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

Ecclesiastes says there's nothing new under the sun. And so it is with modern science. People are idol worshipers wanting to walk by sight rather than faith. So they make God into something they can see and touch.

Modern science sees the creator as matter itself. And so we have another idol. What amazes me though is how close science is to the bible and what the church has been saying for centuries in the matter of cause and effect relationships in the universe and the doctrine of predestination.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Don't forget: Stephen Hawking strongly denounced Trump's climate policies.
    He will be remembered for his last voice to earth.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/readersreact/la-ol-le-stephen-hawking-climate-change-mailbag-20180317-story.html

This so-called American most successful President supposedly "doing more for the Christian agenda" said in response:

"Stephen Hawking is a dummy. All talk, no action! Has no clue! I'm VERY smart! Went to Ivy League school!"

This is model for American Children? CM

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@C_M_ said:
    Don't forget: Stephen Hawking strongly denounced Trump's climate policies.
    He will be remembered for his last voice to earth.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/readersreact/la-ol-le-stephen-hawking-climate-change-mailbag-20180317-story.html

This so-called American most successful President supposedly "doing more for the Christian agenda" said in response:

"Stephen Hawking is a dummy. All talk, no action! Has no clue! I'm VERY smart! Went to Ivy League school!"

This is model for American Children? CM

With regard to climate change he was a dummy. I agree with the President's assessment. In fact, to be so "Brilliant" he wasn't very smart at all on the things that matter.

• C Mc

@davidtaylorjr said:
    With regard to climate change he was a dummy. I agree with the President's assessment. In fact, to be so "Brilliant" he wasn't very smart at all on the things that matter.

Everything in life is not about, dead Presidents on the US Dollar Bills, money! When will you and Mr. Trump understand this? CM

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

Everything in life is not about, dead Presidents on the US Dollar Bills, money! When will you and Mr. Trump understand this? CM

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

What in the world does that have to do with anything I said?

• C Mc

@davidtaylorjr said:

Mr. Trump is against Climate change because of Trade, companies (coal, pipeline, etc), and money. Didn't you know this? CM

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

Mr. Trump is against Climate change because of Trade, companies (coal, pipeline, etc), and money. Didn't you know this? CM

No, he is against Climate Change because it is a hoax.

• C Mc

Oh, please! CM

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:
    Oh, please! CM

Please what? You actually believe in man made climate change that is going to end the world?

• GaoLu
    edited March 2018

Curious, the things a man will believe. That is why magicians are so entertaining. And certain politicians.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Curious, the things a man will believe...

Unfortunately, 30-40% of Americans believe "Make America Great."

At what cost? At what cost? At what cost? So few, stopped to ask. CM

• GaoLu

Wow. I wonder what the rest think.

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:
    Curious, the things a man will believe...

Unfortunately, 30-40% of Americans believe "Make America Great."

At what cost? At what cost? At what cost? So few, stopped to ask. CM

At what cost? Um, not sure what you mean here. By the way, that is off topic.

• C Mc

"Stephen Hawking: A Tragic End", are you sure of this, David? Wasn't he Catholic? Are all Catholics entitled to "confessions" and "last rights?" So, Mr. Hawking's end may not have been so tragic after all. What say ye? CM

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:
    "Stephen Hawking: A Tragic End", are you sure of this, David? Wasn't he Catholic? Are all Catholics entitled to "confessions" and "last rights?" So, Mr. Hawking's end may not have been so tragic after all. What say ye? CM

No he wasn't Catholic. He was a staunch athiest who claim there was no God and that the afterlife is a fairy tale.

• C Mc

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

No he wasn't Catholic. He was a staunch atheist who claims there was no God and that the afterlife is a fairy tale.

Are you sure? What about the latter part of his life? CM

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

No he wasn't Catholic. He was a staunch atheist who claims there was no God and that the afterlife is a fairy tale.

Are you sure? What about the latter part of his life? CM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2018/03/21/no-the-pope-did-not-convince-stephen-hawking-to-believe-in-god-on-his-deathbed/?utm_term=.4d419474453d

Of course we aren't sure, but there is no evidence to the contrary. Which is why I said from the start "unless something changed."

• C Mc

Ok. Mmmm. Does a man need a priest to be saved or to turn his life over to Jesus?

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:
    Ok. Mmmm. Does a man need a priest to be saved or to turn his life over to Jesus?

Oh brother don't change the topic. You are the one who brought up Catholic. Nobody comes to the father but through Christ.

• C Mc

What are you harping about now? CM

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:
    What are you harping about now? CM

What?? Me? You are the one going off on tangents. I'm just answering your questions. Good grief.

• C Mc

David, when you started your answer with "Oh brother don't change the topic", I sensed an attitude, that's all. CM

• C Mc

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

David, you said, "...Nobody comes to the father but through Christ."

This is why I am saying, you don't know, I repeat, Mr. Hawking's end. It may not have been so tragic after all. Just because he didn't announce to the world his acknowledgment of God and surrender to Him. It doesn't mean Mr. Hawkings didn't reach out to the Creator. Were you there to hear or to read his last words or prayer? Are you being too hasty in your OP? CM

• C Mc

@davidtaylorjr said:

No, he is against Climate Change because it is a hoax.

Lights go dark for Earth Hour to highlight climate change

LONDON — In Paris, the Eiffel Tower went dark. In London, a kaleidoscope of famous sites switched off their lights — Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye.

That scene was repeated over and over across the world on Saturday night: at Sydney’s Opera House; at New Delhi’s great arch; at Kuala Lumpur’s Petronas Towers; at Edinburgh Castle in Scotland; at Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate; at St. Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow; at the Empire State Building in New York.

It lasted for just an hour and its power is purely symbolic. But in countries around the world, at 8:30 p.m., people switched off their lights for Earth Hour, a global call for international unity on the importance of addressing climate change.

Begun in Sydney in 2007, Earth Hour has spread to more than 180 countries, with tens of millions of people joining in, from turning off their own porch lights to letting the grand sites like the Opera House go dark... Everybody is wrong, but Mr. Trump? CM

• GaoLu
    edited March 2018

@C_M_ said:
    This is why I am saying, you don't know, I repeat, Mr. Hawking's end. It may not have been so tragic after all. Just because he didn't announce to the world his acknowledgment of God and surrender to Him. It doesn't mean Mr. Hawkings didn't reach out to the Creator. Were you there to hear or to read his last words or prayer? Are you being too hasty in your OP? CM

Did you actually read David's post? He expressly addressed exactly what you raise as the question that you don't know.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

Something to consider. We all want sinners to "say uncle" and save themselves, even at the last minute. But people in comas, or in the last states of consciousness cannot do this. And it is these poor souls who are closer to the kingdom than many who stand up to the plate and hit a homer for Jesus.

Because they know how helpless they are to do anything leading to salvation, and if faith is there, it is solely a trust in God and not in themselves. It is when we abandon all of our efforts and look to God's mercy alone that we find salvation.

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

David, you said, "...Nobody comes to the father but through Christ."

No. In fact I addressed this in the OP. Did you not read it?

• @C_M_ said:
    Lights go dark for Earth Hour to highlight climate change

LONDON — In Paris, the Eiffel Tower went dark. In London, a kaleidoscope of famous sites switched off their lights — Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye.

That scene was repeated over and over across the world on Saturday night: at Sydney’s Opera House; at New Delhi’s great arch; at Kuala Lumpur’s Petronas Towers; at Edinburgh Castle in Scotland; at Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate; at St. Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow; at the Empire State Building in New York.

It lasted for just an hour and its power is purely symbolic. But in countries around the world, at 8:30 p.m., people switched off their lights for Earth Hour, a global call for international unity on the importance of addressing climate change.

Begun in Sydney in 2007, Earth Hour has spread to more than 180 countries, with tens of millions of people joining in, from turning off their own porch lights to letting the grand sites like the Opera House go dark... Everybody is wrong, but Mr. Trump? CM

No ... everybody seems rather brainwashed into believing a hoax.