Jah can be rendered from Hallelujah...

Brother Rando
Brother Rando Posts: 1,300
edited June 2022 in Biblical Studies

The True God has One Name but that Name is transliterated differently according to different languages.

“I am Jehovah. That is my name.” (Isaiah 42:8)  English Translation.

"I am Yahweh; that is my name," (Isaiah 42:8) Hebrew Translation to Englsih.

"Εγώ είμαι ο Ιεχωβά. Αυτό είναι το όνομά μου·" (Isaiah 42:8) Greek Translation.

"Я Иегова. Это моё имя. (Isaiah 42:8) Russian Translation.

"אֲנִי יְהֹוָה.‏ זֶהוּ שְׁמִי;‏" (Isaiah 42:8) Hebrew Script.

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

Comments

• @Brother Rando June 17 "Εγώ είμαι ο Ιεχωβά. Αυτό είναι το όνομά μου·" (Isaiah 42:8) Greek Translation.

Curious which Greek translation ? (URL links to untrustworthy JW.org that has organization faith belief showing in their Greek translation)

Greek Septuagint => ἐγὼ Κύριος ὁ θεός, τοῦτό μού ἐστιν τὸ ὄνομα, τὴν δόξαν μου ἑτέρῳ

Henry Barclay Swete, The Old Testament in Greek: According to the Septuagint (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1909), Is 42:8.

Jewish Scholars translated Hebrew & Aramaic into the Greek Septuagint a couple centuries before יהוה Salvation walked on earth.

Reason JW.org is untrustworthy because "their communication channel with God" has failed a simple prophecy test many times => Unfulfilled Watch Tower Society predictions (correct communication channel with the eternally True God has correct predictions)

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus

As you can see, Jesus is never called יהוה....

However Moses was called יהוה...

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesusis untrustworhy...

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus United Allied States (UAS) => https://uas.govt.agency First Presidential Election is Thu 30 July 2020, the 9th of Av 5780 whose history includes Holy Temple destruction in Jerusalem by the Babylonians in 3336 (423 BCE) and by the Romans in 3829 (69 CE).

Both dates are inaccurate, misleading, and decptive...

Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly I say to you, in as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will depart into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” 

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Brother Rando

Doesn't the Bible call יהוה (Theon) ?

"No Man has seen יהוה at any time"

"Stop clinging to me, I go to my יהוה and your יהוה"

Jesus states, "You are the Only True יהוה"

• @Brother Rando June 24 As you can see, Jesus is never called יהוה....

Puzzled by your faith belief in this discussion thread where the first comment about Jesus is your words "As you can see, Jesus is never called יהוה...." (so I do not know what you are seeing)

@Brother Rando June 24 However Moses was called יהוה...

Thank you for expressing your faith belief, which appears to believe that the Name יהוה and Quality אלהים are interchangeable.

Moses was described as אלהים (a god for Aaron & Pharoah) by יהוה

Exodus 3:1-4:17 LEB (with Hebrew words יהוה & אלהים beside English translation) =>

And Moses was a shepherd with the flock of Jethro, his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the west of the desert, and he came to the mountain of אלהים God, to Horeb. And the angel of יהוה Yahweh appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush, and he looked, and there was the bush burning with fire, but the bush was not being consumed. And Moses said, “Let me turn aside and see this great sight. Why does the bush not burn up?”

And יהוה Yahweh saw that he turned aside to see, and God called to him from the midst of the bush, and he said, “Moses, Moses.

And he said, “Here I am.”

And he said, “You must not come near to here. Take off your sandals from on your feet, because the place on which you are standing, it is holy ground.” And he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.

And Moses hid his face because he was afraid of looking at אלהים God. 

And יהוה Yahweh said, “Surely I have seen the misery of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their cry of distress because of their oppressors, for I know their sufferings. And I have come down to deliver them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up from this land to a good and wide land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites. And now, look, the cry of distress of the ⌊Israelites⌋ has come to me, and also I see the oppression with which the Egyptians are oppressing them. And now come, and I will send you to Pharaoh, and you must bring my people, the ⌊Israelites⌋, out from Egypt.” 

But Moses said to אלהים God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and that I should bring the ⌊Israelites⌋ out from Egypt?”

And he said, “Because I am with you, and this will be the sign for you that I myself have sent you: When you bring the people out from Egypt, you will serve אלהים God on this mountain.

But Moses said to אלהים God, “Look, if I go to the ⌊Israelites⌋ and I say to them, ‘The אלהים God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is his name?’ then what shall I say to them?”

And אלהים God said to Moses, “I am that I am.” And he said, “So you must say to the ⌊Israelites⌋, ‘I am sent me to you.’ ” 

And אלהים God said again to Moses, “So you must say to the ⌊Israelites⌋, ‘יהוה Yahweh, the אלהים God of your ancestors, the אלהים God of Abraham, the אלהים God of Isaac, and the אלהים God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever, and this is my remembrance from generation to generation.’ Go and gather the elders of Israel and say to them, ‘יהוה Yahweh, the אלהים God of your ancestors, appeared to me, the אלהים God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, “I have carefully attended to you and what has been done to you in Egypt.” And I said, “I will bring you up from the misery of Egypt to the land of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, to a land flowing with milk and honey.” ’ And they will listen to your voice, and you will go, you and the elders of Israel, to the king of Egypt, and you will say to him, ‘יהוה Yahweh, the אלהים God of the Hebrews has met with us, and now let us please go on a journey of three days into the desert, and let us sacrifice to יהוה Yahweh our אלהים God.’ But I myself know that the king of Egypt will not allow you to go ⌊unless compelled by a strong hand⌋. And I will stretch out my hand, and I will strike Egypt with all of my wonders that I will do in its midst, and ⌊afterward⌋ he will release you. And I will give this people favor in the eyes of the Egyptians, ⌊and then⌋ when you go, you will not go empty-handed. And a woman will ask from her neighbor and from the woman dwelling as an alien in her house for objects of silver and objects of gold and garments, and you will put them on your sons and on your daughters; and you will plunder Egypt.” 

And Moses answered, and he said, “And if they do not believe me and they do not listen to my voice, but they say, ‘יהוה Yahweh did not appear to you?’ ”

And יהוה Yahweh said to him, “What is this in your hand?

And he said, “A staff.”

And he said, “Throw it onto the ground.”

And he threw it onto the ground, and it became a snake, and Moses fled from it.

And יהוה Yahweh said to Moses, “Reach out your hand and grasp it by its tail” — ” (And he reached out his hand and grabbed it, and it became a staff in his palm.) — “so that they may believe that יהוה Yahweh, the אלהים God of their ancestors, appeared to you, the אלהים God of Abraham, the אלהים God of Isaac, and the אלהים God of Jacob.” 

And יהוה Yahweh said to him again, “Put your hand into the fold of your garment.”

And he put his hand into the fold of his garment, and he took it out, and, ⌊to his surprise⌋, his hand was afflicted with a skin disease, like snow.

And he said, “Return your hand to the fold of your garment.”

And he returned his hand to the fold of his garment, and he took it out from the fold of his garment, and, ⌊to his surprise⌋, it was restored like the rest of his body.

⌊And⌋ if they do not believe you and they will not listen to the voice of the former sign, then they will believe the voice of the latter sign. ⌊And⌋ if they also do not believe the second of these signs and they will not listen to your voice, then you must take water from the Nile and pour it onto the dry ground, and the water that you take from the Nile will become blood on the dry ground.” 

And Moses said to יהוה Yahweh, “Please, Lord, I am not a man of words, ⌊neither recently nor in the past nor since your speaking⌋ to your servant, because I am heavy of mouth and of tongue.”

And יהוה Yahweh said to him, “Who gave a mouth to humankind, or who makes mute or deaf or sighted or blind? Is it not I, יהוה Yahweh? So then go, and I myself will be with your mouth, and I will teach you what you must speak.”

And he said, “Please, Lord, do send ⌊anyone else whom you wish to send⌋.”

⌊And יהוה Yahweh was angry with⌋ Moses and said, “Is there not Aaron your brother the Levite? I know that he certainly can speak, and also there he is coming out to meet you, and when he sees you, he will rejoice in his heart. And you will speak to him, and you will put words in his mouth, and I myself will be with your mouth and with his mouth, and I will teach you what you must do. And he will speak for you to the people, ⌊and then⌋ he will be to you as a mouth, and you will be to him as אלהים a god. And you must take this staff in your hand, with which you will do the signs.” 

After hearing אלהים God's Name יהוה, Moses spoke "Lord" (אדני "Adonai") when talking with אלהים God.

@Brother Rando June 24 @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesusis untrustworhy...

@Brother Rando June 24 @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus United Allied States (UAS) => https://uas.govt.agency First Presidential Election is Thu 30 July 2020, the 9th of Av 5780 whose history includes Holy Temple destruction in Jerusalem by the Babylonians in 3336 (423 BCE) and by the Romans in 3829 (69 CE).

@Brother Rando June 24 Both dates are inaccurate, misleading, and decptive...

I started NEWS & CURRENT EVENTS speculation in June 2020 => United Allied States (UAS) First Presidental Election on Thursday 30 July 2020, the 9th of Av 5780 with Jewish temple destruction years copied from Jewish website Chabad.org calendar for the 9th of AV in 2020 => https://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day.asp?tdate=7/30/2020

The 9th AV 5782 in 2022 is 6 Aug 2022

Please provide two OR three verifiable factual witnesses for Jewish Temple dating (to support your "inaccurate, misleading, and decptive..." claim).

Various scholars have different dates for Jewish Temple destruction years: e.g. Babylonian destruction in 586 or 587 BC and Roman destruction in 69 or 70 AD. Which scholar(s) have correct historical dates for Jewish Temple destruction is currently a mystery to me.

If the year 2034 becomes another unfulfilled Watchtower prediction, how credible is the thread & its author => 2034 and its significance... ?

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus

And יהוה Yahweh saw that he turned aside to see, and God called to him from the midst of the bush, and he said, “Moses, Moses.” And Moses said, “Here I am.”

So now you are claiming Moses is יהוה....

And Jehovah said to Moses: “Look! I am coming to you in a dark cloud, so that the people may hear when I speak with you and so that they may always put faith in you as well.”

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in יהוהexercise faith also in me. (John 14:1) Notice its יהוה theon... (the God) To claim Jesus is God then you must also claim Moses is God as well....

You faith filter is dirty and disgusting. Moses or Jesus as the 'I am" is not יהוה God. Both spoke in behalf of יהוה

• Exodus 3:4 LEB => And יהוה Yahweh saw that he turned aside to see, and אלהים God called to him from the midst of the bush, and he said, “Moses, Moses.” And he said, “Here I am.”

LEB italicizes word(s) added for smooth English: e.g. am in “Here I am.” for the translation of הִנּ hin (interjection).

Jewish Torah scrolls do not have chapter & verse numbers. Hence, most of my Scripture replies include larger context without numbers added about 500 years ago.

@Brother Rando June 25 So now you are claiming Moses is יהוה....

Your words are your own, which do not express my faith belief.

@Brother Rando June 24 However Moses was called יהוה...

Puzzling assertion so I'm curious about your scripture basis for your faith belief "Moses was called יהוה..." ?

My apologies for missing some copying & pasting of Hebrew words beside English translation in Exodus 3:1-4:17 LEB (with Hebrew words יהוה & אלהים beside English translation) =>

And Moses was a shepherd with the flock of Jethro, his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the west of the desert, and he came to the mountain of אלהים God, to Horeb. And the angel of יהוה Yahweh appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush, and he looked, and there was the bush burning with fire, but the bush was not being consumed. And Moses said, “Let me turn aside and see this great sight. Why does the bush not burn up?”

And יהוה Yahweh saw that he turned aside to see, and אלהים God called to him from the midst of the bush, and he said, “Moses, Moses.

And he said, “Here I am.”

And he said, “You must not come near to here. Take off your sandals from on your feet, because the place on which you are standing, it is holy ground.” And he said, “I am the אלהים God of your father, the אלהים God of Abraham, the אלהים God of Isaac, and the אלהים God of Jacob.

And Moses hid his face because he was afraid of looking at אלהים God. 

And יהוה Yahweh said, “Surely I have seen the misery of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their cry of distress because of their oppressors, for I know their sufferings. And I have come down to deliver them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up from this land to a good and wide land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites. And now, look, the cry of distress of the ⌊Israelites⌋ has come to me, and also I see the oppression with which the Egyptians are oppressing them. And now come, and I will send you to Pharaoh, and you must bring my people, the ⌊Israelites⌋, out from Egypt.” 

But Moses said to אלהים God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and that I should bring the ⌊Israelites⌋ out from Egypt?”

And he said, “Because I am with you, and this will be the sign for you that I myself have sent you: When you bring the people out from Egypt, you will serve אלהים God on this mountain.

But Moses said to אלהים God, “Look, if I go to the ⌊Israelites⌋ and I say to them, ‘The אלהים God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is his name?’ then what shall I say to them?”

And אלהים God said to Moses, “I am that I am.” And he said, “So you must say to the ⌊Israelites⌋, ‘I am sent me to you.’ ” 

And אלהים God said again to Moses, “So you must say to the ⌊Israelites⌋, ‘יהוה Yahweh, the אלהים God of your ancestors, the אלהים God of Abraham, the אלהים God of Isaac, and the אלהים God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever, and this is my remembrance from generation to generation.’ Go and gather the elders of Israel and say to them, ‘יהוה Yahweh, the אלהים God of your ancestors, appeared to me, the אלהים God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, “I have carefully attended to you and what has been done to you in Egypt.” And I said, “I will bring you up from the misery of Egypt to the land of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, to a land flowing with milk and honey.” ’ And they will listen to your voice, and you will go, you and the elders of Israel, to the king of Egypt, and you will say to him, ‘יהוה Yahweh, the אלהים God of the Hebrews has met with us, and now let us please go on a journey of three days into the desert, and let us sacrifice to יהוה Yahweh our אלהים God.’ But I myself know that the king of Egypt will not allow you to go ⌊unless compelled by a strong hand⌋. And I will stretch out my hand, and I will strike Egypt with all of my wonders that I will do in its midst, and ⌊afterward⌋ he will release you. And I will give this people favor in the eyes of the Egyptians, ⌊and then⌋ when you go, you will not go empty-handed. And a woman will ask from her neighbor and from the woman dwelling as an alien in her house for objects of silver and objects of gold and garments, and you will put them on your sons and on your daughters; and you will plunder Egypt.” 

And Moses answered, and he said, “And if they do not believe me and they do not listen to my voice, but they say, ‘יהוה Yahweh did not appear to you?’ ”

And יהוה Yahweh said to him, “What is this in your hand?

And he said, “A staff.”

And he said, “Throw it onto the ground.”

And he threw it onto the ground, and it became a snake, and Moses fled from it.

And יהוה Yahweh said to Moses, “Reach out your hand and grasp it by its tail” — ” (And he reached out his hand and grabbed it, and it became a staff in his palm.) — “so that they may believe that יהוה Yahweh, the אלהים God of their ancestors, appeared to you, the אלהים God of Abraham, the אלהים God of Isaac, and the אלהים God of Jacob.” 

And יהוה Yahweh said to him again, “Put your hand into the fold of your garment.”

And he put his hand into the fold of his garment, and he took it out, and, ⌊to his surprise⌋, his hand was afflicted with a skin disease, like snow.

And he said, “Return your hand to the fold of your garment.”

And he returned his hand to the fold of his garment, and he took it out from the fold of his garment, and, ⌊to his surprise⌋, it was restored like the rest of his body.

⌊And⌋ if they do not believe you and they will not listen to the voice of the former sign, then they will believe the voice of the latter sign. ⌊And⌋ if they also do not believe the second of these signs and they will not listen to your voice, then you must take water from the Nile and pour it onto the dry ground, and the water that you take from the Nile will become blood on the dry ground.” 

And Moses said to יהוה Yahweh, “Please, Lord, I am not a man of words, ⌊neither recently nor in the past nor since your speaking⌋ to your servant, because I am heavy of mouth and of tongue.”

And יהוה Yahweh said to him, “Who gave a mouth to humankind, or who makes mute or deaf or sighted or blind? Is it not I, יהוה Yahweh? So then go, and I myself will be with your mouth, and I will teach you what you must speak.”

And he said, “Please, Lord, do send ⌊anyone else whom you wish to send⌋.”

⌊And יהוה Yahweh was angry with⌋ Moses and said, “Is there not Aaron your brother the Levite? I know that he certainly can speak, and also there he is coming out to meet you, and when he sees you, he will rejoice in his heart. And you will speak to him, and you will put words in his mouth, and I myself will be with your mouth and with his mouth, and I will teach you what you must do. And he will speak for you to the people, ⌊and then⌋ he will be to you as a mouth, and you will be to him as אלהים a god. And you must take this staff in your hand, with which you will do the signs.” 

After hearing אלהים God's Name יהוה, Moses spoke "Lord" (אדני "Adonai") when talking with אלהים God.

John 14:1-31 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in אלהים God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places; but if not, I would have told you, because I am going away to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, so that where I am, you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.” 

Thomas said to him, “יהוה Lord, we do not know where you are going. How are we able to know the way?”

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you know him and have seen him.” 

Philip said to him, “יהוה Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”

Jesus said to him, “Am I with you so long a time and you have not known me, Philip? The one who has seen me has seen the Father! How can you say, ‘Show us the Father?’ Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak from myself, but the Father residing in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; but if not, believe because of the works themselves. Truly, truly I say to you, the one who believes in me, the works that I am doing he will do also, and he will do greater works than these because I am going to the Father. And ⌊whatever⌋ you ask in my name, I will do this, in order that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, in order that he may be with you ⌊forever⌋ — the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it does not see him or know him. You know him, because he resides with you and will be in you. 

“I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you. Yet a little time and the world will see me no longer, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. The one who has my commandments and keeps them — that one is the one who loves me. And the one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him.” 

Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “יהוה Lord, why is it that you are going to reveal yourself to us and not to the world?”

Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves me he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and ⌊will take up residence with him⌋. The one who does not love me does not keep my words, and the word that you hear is not mine, but the Father’s who sent me. These things I have spoken to you while residing with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name — that one will teach you all things, and will remind you of everything that I said to you. 

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you — not as the world gives, I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. You have heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away, and I am coming to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am. And now I have told you before it happens, so that when it happens, you may believe. I will no longer speak much with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has ⌊no power⌋ ⌊over⌋ me. But so that the world may know that I love the Father, and just as the Father has commanded me, thus I am doing. Get up, let us go from here! 

Having יהוה Father & יהוה Salvation & Ruach HaKodesh abide/reside in me is beyond my human words to express Holy אלהים God's Righteous ❤️ Love. I know I am a human who is enjoying the Holy presence of the unique God who created everything & knew me in my mother's womb.

I have learned the sooner I agree with יהוה Father & יהוה Salvation & Ruach HaKodesh after I mess up (sin against God & others in my thoughts/words/deeds), the sooner Holy אלהים God can righteously cleanse me from sin & help me with human relationships (includes ❤️ loving myself as Holy God ❤️ Loves me). Thankful for my progress toward being Holy as אלהים God is Holy 😍 whose faithful ❤️ Love never gives up, but God will not force anyone to chose ❤️ Loving God the most. Trust, faith, believe require human free will choice to ❤️ Love God the most.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Exodus 3:4 LEB => And יהוה Yahweh saw that he turned aside to see, and אלהים God called to him from the midst of the bush, and he said, “Moses, Moses.” And he said, “Here I am.”

Since "No Man has Seen יהוה Theon at Any time" who was Moses really speaking with?

"Then Jehovah’s יהוה angel appeared to him in a flame of fire in the midst of a thornbush. As he kept looking, he saw that the thornbush was on fire, and yet the thornbush was not consumed." (Exodus 3:2)

The same יהוה angel who will not pardon sins or transgressions if disobedient. "And now go, lead the people to where I spoke to you. Look, my יהוה angel will go before you, and on the day when I punish I will punish them for their sin.” (Exodus 32:34)

Paul calls this same this same angel that followed them CHRIST.  "and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ." (1 Corinthians 10:4)

* trangressions and sins are the same thing

• Brother Rando

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus And the angel of יהוה Yahweh appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush, and he looked, and there was the bush burning with fire, but the bush was not being consumed. And Moses said, “Let me turn aside and see this great sight. Why does the bush not burn up?”

Like I said. the angel יהוה has authority to PARDON SINS or COUNT THEM...

New International Version

“We have sinned and rebelled and you have not forgiven.

New Living Translation

“We have sinned and rebelled, and you have not forgiven us.

English Standard Version

“We have transgressed and rebelled, and you have not forgiven.

Berean Study Bible

“We have sinned and rebelled; You have not forgiven.”

King James Bible

We have transgressed and have rebelled: thou hast not pardoned.

• Brother Rando

How does this Hebrew Script read in Google translate?

"אֲנִי יְהֹוָה.‏ זֶהוּ שְׁמִי;‏" (Isaiah 42:8) Hebrew Script reads "I am Jehovah. This is my name;"