Invitation to Jan to Provide JW Research Conclusions

If I recall correctly, Jan once mentioned that he had researched ways to communicate with JW's--or something like that.

I would like to ask Jan to consider providing some of that work, or perhaps a synopsis, so we can all communicate better.

Comments

• Notice @Truth hypocrisy. He claims Jehovah is a made up name and should not be recognized because of the letter "J".

What about the following names that start with the letter "J"?

• Jan
    • Joshua
    • Judges
    • Job
    • Jeremiah
    • Joel
    • Jonah
    • John
    • James
    • Jude
    • Jesus
    • Jews

How Many Names Does God Have?

The Bible’s answer-- God has just one personal name. It is written יהוה in Hebrew and is usually rendered “Jehovah” in English.

* Through his prophet Isaiah, God stated: “I am Jehovah. That is my name.” (Isaiah 42:8) This name appears about 7,000 times in ancient Bible manuscripts​—far more frequently than any other term for God or, indeed, anyone else’s personal name.

The Hebrew Language had NO LETTERS in it at all.

Although the Bible refers to God by only one personal name, it uses many titles and descriptions for him. The following list of some of those titles and descriptions shows how each one reveals an aspect of Jehovah’s nature or his personality.

Allah

Derived from Arabic, the word “Allah” is not a personal name but a title meaning “God.” Bible translations in Arabic and other languages use “Allah” as an equivalent for “God.”

Almighty

Genesis 17:1

Has irresistible power. The Hebrew expression ʼEl Shad·daiʹ, “God Almighty,” occurs seven times in the Bible.

The Alpha and the Omega

Revelation 1:8; 21:6; 22:13

“The first and the last,” or “the beginning and the end,” meaning that there was no Almighty God before Jehovah and there will be none after him. (Isaiah 43:10) Alpha and omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet.

Ancient of Days

Daniel 7:​9, 13, 22

Had no beginning; existed for an eternity before anyone or anything else came into being.​—Psalm 90:2.

Creator

Isaiah 40:28

Brought all things into existence including the FirstBorn of all creatures.

Father

Matthew 6:9

Life-giver.

God

Genesis 1:1

An object of worship; a strong One. The Hebrew word ʼElo·himʹ is plural, indicating Jehovah’s majesty, dignity, or excellence.

God of gods

Deuteronomy 10:17

The supreme God, in contrast with the “worthless gods” worshipped by some.​—Isaiah 2:8.

Grand Instructor

Isaiah 30:20, 21

Gives beneficial teaching and direction.​—Isaiah 48:17, 18.

Grand Maker

Psalm 149:2

Brought all things into existence.​—Revelation 4:​11.

Happy God

1 Timothy 1:​11

Characterized by joy and happiness.​—Psalm 104:31.

Hearer of prayer

Psalm 65:2

Personally listens to each prayer offered to him in faith.

I Am That I Am

Exodus 3:​14King James Version

Becomes whatever is needed to fulfill his purpose. This phrase has also been translated “I Will Become whatsoever I please” or “I Will Become What I Choose to Become.” (The Emphasised Bible, by J. B. Rotherham; New World Translation) This description helps to explain the personal name, Jehovah, given in the next verse.​—Exodus 3:​15.

Jealous

Exodus 34:14King James Version

Tolerates no rivalry in worship. This term has also been translated “does not tolerate rivals” and “known for requiring exclusive devotion.”​—God’s Word Bible; New World Translation.

King of eternity

Revelation 15:3

His rulership has no beginning or end.

Lord

Psalm 135:5

Owner or master; Hebrew ʼA·dhohnʹ and ʼAdho·nimʹ.

Most High

Psalm 47:2

Occupies the supreme position.

Most Holy One

Proverbs 9:​10

More holy (morally clean and pure) than any other being.

Potter

Isaiah 64:8

Has authority over individuals and nations, just as a potter has authority over clay.​—Romans 9:​20, 21.

Redeemer, Repurchaser

Isaiah 41:14King James Version

Recovers or buys back mankind from sin and death through the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ.​—John 3:​16.

Rock

Psalm 18:​2, 46

A secure refuge and source of salvation.

Savior

Isaiah 45:21

Delivers from danger or destruction.

Shepherd

Psalm 23:1

Cares for his worshippers.

Sovereign Lord

Genesis 15:2

Has supreme authority; Hebrew ʼAdho·naiʹ.

Supreme One

Daniel 7:​18, 27

The highest sovereign.

Place names in the Hebrew Scriptures

Some place names in the Bible include God’s personal name, but these are not alternate names for God.

Jehovah-jireh

Genesis 22:13, 14

“Jehovah Will Provide.”

Jehovah-nissi

Exodus 17:15

Jehovah Is My Signal Pole,” or “my Banner.” (Today’s New International Version) Jehovah is a God around whom his people can rally for protection and help.​—Exodus 17:13-​16.

Jehovah-shalom

Judges 6:​23, 24

“Jehovah Is Peace.”

Jehovah-shammah

Ezekiel 48:35, footnote, American Standard Version

“Jehovah Is There.”

• God must feel that his personal name, Jehovah, is important, because he included it thousands of times in the Bible.​—Malachi 1:​11.
    • God’s Son, Jesus, repeatedly stressed the importance of God’s name. For instance, he prayed to Jehovah: “Let your name be sanctified.”​—Matthew 6:9; John 17:6.
    • Those who come to know and use God’s name take the first steps in building a friendship with Jehovah. (Psalm 9:​10; Malachi 3:​16) Such a relationship enables them to benefit from God’s promise: “Because he has affection for me, I will rescue him. I will protect him because he knows my name.”​—Psalm 91:14.

The Bible acknowledges: “There are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many ‘gods’ and many ‘lords.’” (1 Corinthians 8:​5, 6) Yet it clearly identifies the one true God by his Name, Jehovah.​Psalm 83:18*

Jehovah will not allow Satan and his hordes to wipe out the Jews or Jehovah's Witnesses. After all Jesus is the Jewish Messiah.

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• I Am That I Am

Exodus 3:​14King James Version

Becomes whatever is needed to fulfill his purpose. This phrase has also been translated “I Will Become whatsoever I please” or “I Will Become What I Choose to Become.” (The Emphasised Bible, by J. B. Rotherham; New World Translation) This description helps to explain the personal name, Jehovah, given in the next verse.​—Exodus 3:​15.

Even Jesus Christ admited the "I Am that I Am" is Greater than 'I am". I invite you to search out the inforamtion to learn more about JEHOVAH, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 1:3)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Truth said:

If I recall correctly, Jan once mentioned that he had researched ways to communicate with JW's--or something like that. 

I would like to ask Jan to consider providing some of that work, or perhaps a synopsis, so we can all communicate better.

Could it be is to ignore them? CM 😄