I grab you by the tail and horn and body slammed you.

Truth
Truth Posts: 521

@BroRando writes to me:

" I grab you by the tail and horn and body slammed you. Forced you to cough. I'll keep doing to, your friend left you. "

I am not offended. I make no appeal regarding this; I desire no defense. I offer no resistance to him writing such things. I am personally thankful he continues to be present.

Here is my thought:

What other way might such a thing be said to have the best possible outcome?

Comments

• Truth

Is it right for one man to call another a dofus? What is a dofus?

I am afraid we may be headed for a church split right here on this forum the way people here are acting.

On the other hand, for the man does not plan to go to Heaven, what does it matter?

• WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

Joseph Scriven, 1819–1886

A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: And there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24 KJV)

A true friend loves and accepts us just as we are, stays close to us in good or in bad, and is always ready to help in time of need. Because the author of this hymn text found just such a friend in his Lord, he decided to spend his entire life showing real friendship to others.

Joseph Scriven had wealth, education, a devoted family, and a pleasant life in his native Ireland. Then unexpected tragedy entered. On the night before Scriven’s scheduled wedding, his fiancée drowned. In his deep sorrow, Joseph realized that he could find the solace and support he needed only in his dearest friend, Jesus.

Soon after this tragedy, Scriven dramatically changed his lifestyle. He left Ireland for Port Hope, Canada, determined to devote all of his extra time in being a friend and helper to others. He often gave away his clothing and possessions to those in need, and he worked—without pay—for anyone who needed him. Scriven became known as “the Good Samaritan of Port Hope.”

When Scriven’s mother became ill in Ireland, he wrote a comforting letter to her, enclosing the words of his newly written poem with the prayer that these brief lines would remind her of a never-failing heavenly Friend. Sometime later, when Joseph Scriven himself was ill, a friend who came to call on him happened to see a copy of these words scribbled on scratch paper near his bed. The friend read the lines with interest and asked, “Who wrote those beautiful words?”

“The Lord and I did it between us,” was Scriven’s reply.

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear! What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer! O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere? We should never be discouraged — Take it to the Lord in prayer. Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share? Jesus knows our every weakness — Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care? Precious Savior, still our refuge — Take it to the Lord in prayer. Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? Take it to the Lord in prayer; in His arms He’ll take and shield thee — Thou wilt find a solace there.

Kenneth W. Osbeck, Amazing Grace: 366 Inspiring Hymn Stories for Daily Devotions (Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel Publications, 1996), 19.

If my body was slammed, my desire would be to say with every hurting part that יהוה Lord אלהים God ❤️ Loves the one(s) inflicting hurt. Also would cry out to יהוה Lord אלהים God with Thanksgiving for body slam pains (while not liking nor understanding the pains).

🙏 Praying for God's Holy Healing in all life domains: heart (emotional), mind (mental), soul (social), strength (physical), & worship (spiritual) along with God's mercy to be poured out plus justice done 🙏 while weeping 😭 with those who are weeping 😭& 😍 Rejoicing with those Rejoicing 😍

My prayers for God's Holy Healing includes my family, friends, community, & enemies: especially body slammers.

@Truth November 28 On the other hand, for the man does not plan to go to Heaven, what does it matter?

יהוה Lord אלהים God ❤️ Loves @BroRando as intensely as יהוה Lord אלהים God ❤️ Loves us (while not liking the unloving words of @BroRando). If @BroRando chooses to repent from sin & truly love יהוה Lord אלהים God the most, then will see @BroRando clothed in Holiness. Otherwise my tears for @BroRando (& many others) will be wiped away (while @BroRando, et al, will be tormented by Holy God's words written thru me). Internet search for Charles Taze Russell Hell includes a video where Jesus shows an evangelist what Charles Taze Russell is currently experiencing => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzqg8UTWxEE (humanly not know how eternal lake of fire will compare with current agony)

Proverbs 26:1-12 LEB => Like snow in the summer and like rain at the harvest, so honor is not fitting for a fool. Like the sparrow is to fluttering and like the swallow is to flying, so an undeserved curse does not go forth. A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the back of fools. Do not answer a fool according to his folly lest you become like him — even you. Answer a fool according to his folly, or else he will be wise in his own eyes. Like cutting off feet or drinking violence, so is he who sends messages in the hand of a fool. Like legs that hang limp from a lame person, so is a proverb in the mouth of fools. Like binding a stone in a sling, so is giving honor to a fool. Like a thorn that goes up in the hand of a drunkard, so is a proverb in the mouth of fools. Like an archer who wounds everyone, so is he who hires a fool or he who hires passersby. Like a dog returning to his vomit is a fool reverting to his folly. Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

2 Timothy 2:8-3:9 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, a descendant of David according to my gospel, in connection with which I suffer misfortune to the point of imprisonment as a criminal, but the word of אלהים God is not bound. Because of this, I endure all things for the sake of the chosen, in order that they also may obtain salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. The saying is trustworthy: For if we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; if we are unfaithful, he remains faithful — he cannot deny himself. Remind people of these things, solemnly urging them before the יהוה Lord not to dispute about words. This is in no way beneficial and leads to the ruin of the hearers. Make every effort to present yourself approved to אלהים God, a worker having no need to be ashamed, guiding the word of truth along a straight path. But avoid pointless chatter, for it will progress to greater ungodliness, and their message will spread like gangrene, among whom are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have deviated concerning the truth by saying the resurrection has already taken place, and they are upsetting the faith of some. However, the solid foundation of אלהים God stands firm, having this seal: “The יהוה Lord knows those who are his,” and “Everyone who names the name of the יהוה Lord must abstain from unrighteousness.” Now in a great house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also wooden and earthenware ones, some of which are for honorable use, and some of which are for ordinary use. Therefore, if someone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work. But flee from youthful desires, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, in company with those who call upon the יהוה Lord from a pure heart. But avoid foolish and uninformed controversies, because you know that they produce quarrels. And the slave of the יהוה Lord must not quarrel, but be kind toward everyone, skillful in teaching, tolerant, correcting those who are opposed with gentleness, seeing whether perhaps אלהים God may grant them repentance to a knowledge of the truth, and they will come to their senses again and escape from the trap of the devil, being held captive by him to do his will. But know this, that in the last days difficult times will come, for people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, arrogant, slanderers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, hardhearted, irreconcilable, slanderous, without self-control, savage, with no interest for what is good, traitors, reckless, conceited, loving pleasure rather than loving אלהים God, maintaining a form of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid these people. For from these are those who slip into houses and captivate foolish women loaded down with sins, led by various kinds of desires, always learning and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. And just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these oppose the truth, people corrupted in mind, disqualified concerning the faith. But they will not progress to a greater extent, for their folly will be quite evident to everyone, as also the folly of those two was.

Arrogant words by @BroRando, et all, remind me in the last days difficult times will come.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Truth

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Thank you for words of peace and wisdom, thanks for providing stability and a compass in the storm. I thank you and glorify God.

• Truth
    edited December 2021

@BroRando

I am appealing to you for authentic dialog:

Is it still in your heart to “grab me horn and tail and body slam” me?

If so, is that a typical Watchtower / JW practice, or is that a personal choice?

How does the official, written Watchtower position regarding blacks contribute to your choice?

if it is not truly your heart, would an honest apology be helpful?

[Actual answers to questions as they are worded will be useful; otherwise, don’t waste your time]

Post edited by Truth on
  • C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Gentlemen,

Oh, My! The words of the OP should not have been spoken to a brother, especially by one who handles the Word. If the words in the OP have not been posted elsewhere, this thread should never have existed in these forums.

I am glad we're online and not in person or the same room. We must step back and examine ourselves. This thread doesn't speak well for CD or for us proclaiming the Christ who said no such words. We must not behave like junkyard dogs whose owner is away.

Let's do better. A lesson for all of us to learn, now that this thread exists, is to beware. All who handle the Word don't mean the Word is in him. I hope what I read was an illustration or a metaphor from a story. I hope it was taken out of context and not a written threat of anger. Let the love of God restrain us. Peace! CM

• Truth

@BroRando says to me:

"I grab you by the tail and horn and body slammed you. Forced you to cough. I'll keep doing to, your friend left you. "

I revisited this a couple times because,

1. What @BroRando says is untrue. He has never touched me at all. I have not been body slammed (trying not to snicker).
    2. What @BroRando says is untrue. I have not been forced to cough. Disclosure: I have coughed a couple times on my own.
    3. "I'll keep doing to" I have no idea what that means. You will keep body slamming, forcing me to cough, making my friends leave? There is one thing I will keep doing--loving you and doing my best to make you feel that love. My time here on these forums may soon be over, but my love will never end.
    4. What @BroRando says is untrue. No friends have left me. Not one.
    5. I feel fine and have complete peace. Yet, something does happen when I reread @BroRando's statement above. What happens is a welling up of love.