False Jehovah's Witnesses : Dangerous Falsehoods They Teach

Falsehood from the JW Watchtower

1. Polytheism. They have multiple gods which they call Jehovah (A Catholic made-up name) and Michael the archangel also called Jesus- a sort of created super-power demi-god.
  2. They do not expect to go to Heaven.
  3. Jesus' death did not provide full atonement.
  4. The Holy Spirit is neither personal nor divine.
  5. Jesus did not rise bodily from the dead.
  6. Unbelievers are annihilated in hell.
  7. Jesus returned in 1914, but no one can see him.

Truth from the Bible:

1. God exists in a Trinity of three eternal and co-equal persons.
    1. The Father. (Romans 1:7)
    2. The Son. (John 20:28)
    3. The Holy Spirit. (Acts 5:3-4)
  2. Jesus is no less than God in human flesh. (Colossians 2:9)
  3. God, the Holy Spirit, is the third member of the Holy Trinity. (Matthew 28:19, Acts 13:2)
  4. Jesus rose bodily from the grave. (Luke 24:39)
  5. Jesus is visibly coming again to set up His kingdom on earth. (Matthew 24:30, Revelation 1:7)
  6. Salvation is in the person of Jesus Christ and comes through faith in Him. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
  7. It is the work of God for man, not a work of man for God that saves. (Titus 3:4-6)
  8. Jesus was and should be worshiped. (John 20:26-28)

Tagged:

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@BroRando,

What of this clip ["Escaping Jehovah's Witnesses: Inside the dangerous world of a brutal religion | Four Corners"], if any, is truth, lies, or propaganda? If true, why do you push this religious extremism?

Few know the extreme nature of the beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses, a religious group that boasts eight million followers in multiple nations.

They take a strict interpretation of the Bible and predict the world would meet its 'wicked end' in 1914, 1925, and 1975.

A US-based Governing Body of eight men sits at the pinnacle of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization. Witnesses believe these men are anointed as the voice of God on Earth.

Former members reveal the secretive practices used to instill fear and maintain discipline among followers.

With strict rules governing every aspect of their lives, these former Witnesses say the organization is controlling and dangerous.

They say it's time to hold the Jehovah's Witnesses to account.

Can you help the CD Community discern facts from fiction in the video clip? CM

• Truth
    Truth Posts: 521

One might consider the money and power of controlling an 8 million person cult, but is likely much more sinister than that.

• Let me expose your deception: None of trinities listed three seprate persons this way amd using using scriptures

1. God exists in a Trinity of three eternal and co-equal persons.
      1. The Father. (Romans 1:7)
      2. The Son. (John 20:28)
      3. The Holy Spirit. (Acts 5:3-4)

The trinity doctrine lists three gpds

• God the Father
    • God the Son
    • God the Holy Spirit

Since each God is a distinct and a seperateGod from the other God, this makes up three different Gods.

The trinity has No Name for God the Father

The trinity has No Name for God the Son

The trinity has No Name for God the Hoply Spirit

Some admit Mary is the Mother of God but refuse to include her because trinitarians are sexist. Then Goddess would not attract new followers to the trinity occult. Trinitarian worshp the four different Gods is Demon Polytheism. 

Jesus Christ is not in the trinity not do they belive in Jesus, The claim that Jesus Christ is not powerful than Satan who is amorning star. However Because Jesus Christ is more powerful and a resurrection is soon to occur due to Christ's Authority.

"...Hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13 KJV)

Even though this is the good new of God's Kingdom, trinintarians suppress to hide and deceive the uneducated. Trinity is an infestion of the demons the reject Jesus Christ. Even the idea of the OP rejects power of Jesus Christ by misleading passerbys that Hell is Eternal. It's a Lie to bi;g billion of dollors from the uniformed.

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Truth

The wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead. ...

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675
    edited November 2021

@BroRando posted:

Even though this is the good new of God's Kingdom, trinintarians suppress to hide and deceive the uneducated. Trinity is an infestion of the demons the reject Jesus Christ. Even the idea of the OP rejects power of Jesus Christ by misleading passerbys that Hell is Eternal. It's a Lie to bi;g billion of dollors from the uniformed.

I guess that's one way to say it. A very WRONG way! But it's certainly one way.

Here's my alternative: I disagree with Trinitarian theology. Not as spiteful or judgmental as your language, I acknowledge, but it makes the point.

@BroRando, your many posts in these forums about Trinitarian matters have generated lots of heat - much of it heat produced in discussions about material imported/copied from another website - but precious little light. Jesus didn't call us the "heat of the world"; he called us "the light of the world" (Matthew 5.14). You can't control the responses your posts receive, but you can control the content of those posts. Telling people who disagree with you about the Trinity that they "suppress to hide and deceive the uneducated" is a rude, obnoxious, baseless, and wholly unnecessary act that is guaranteed to fail if its mission is to persuade other CD participants to your point of view.

I also dispute Trinitarian theology, for reasons I have made clear via hundreds of posts over the last several years, posts which have employed many of the Bible texts you have quoted in your posts. The difference between our approaches is that I rely on the texts to make my point and respect points of view different from mine. You cite texts, but add sledgehammer dismissive rhetoric such as "It's a Lie [sic] to bi;g [sic] billion [sic] of dollors [sic] from the uniformed," which ends all opportunity for genuine discourse.

If you joined these forums to generate heat, you've succeeded; just don't hope for anything more. If you want to generate light, you must change the spirit and tone of your posts. I can't tell you that those who disagree with you will change theirs! But I can tell you that Jesus didn't tell us to be light only if others follow our lead.

• I fought the trinity doctrine for a major part of life. Like Catholic priests over the last 1900 years fleecing their flocks. Even Jesus called his opposition names like, serpents, snakes, offspring of vipers, and hyprocrites. (Matthew 23:33) to list just one scripture.

Hell is not eternal, there is a reseurrection, where do they come from? “And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13 KJV)

By sayiny Hell is eternal is to deny the POWER and AUTHORITY of Jesus Christ. A falsehood that trinitirans teach. Oh you just gave me any idea!

False trinitarians : Dangerous Falsehoods They Teach

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@BroRando posted:

I fought the trinity doctrine for a major part of life. Like Catholic priests over the last 1900 years fleecing their flocks. Even Jesus called his opposition names like, serpents, snakes, offspring of vipers, and hyprocrites. (Matthew 23:33) to list just one scripture.

1. It's okay to dispute, contend with, and object to the Trinity doctrine; I do so myself! It's NOT okay to respond with dismissive ridicule and judgment to those who embrace the Trinity doctrine. The CD forums have it right: Criticize ideas, not people.
    2. I don't see the connection between some alleged 1,900 years of fleeced flocks and how we who dispute the Trinity should best present our case.
    3. Jesus indeed DID use names, but he was Jesus, the Christ, God's chosen one; you and I are not. ALSO, Jesus told us (emphasis added): "21 “You have heard that our ancestors were told, ‘You must not murder. If you commit murder, you are subject to judgment.’ 22 But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell" (Matthew 5.21-22, NLT).  [And in case you want to know how the NWT handles those verses: "However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; and whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·henʹna."

Hell is not eternal, there is a reseurrection, where do they come from? “And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13 KJV)

By sayiny Hell is eternal is to deny the POWER and AUTHORITY of Jesus Christ. 

Make your case! Just allow the biblical text to make your point, not harsh and dismissive rhetoric.

Oh you just gave me any idea!

False trinitarians : Dangerous Falsehoods They Teach

I think I'll let you take credit your idea. 😛

• Truth

@BroRando Bill is firmly entrenched in the bottom of your boat. Few are fooled.

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,300
    edited November 2021

False Accussation:

1. Polytheism. They have multiple gods which they call Jehovah (A Catholic made-up name) and Michael the archangel also called Jesus- a sort of created super-power demi-god.

Debunked by scripture: Jehovah Witnesses beleive and worship the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Peter1:3).

For a list of 243 pages stating Jehovah, the true God.

1 Chronicles 22:1

David then said: “This is the house of Jehovah the true God, and this is an altar for burnt offering for Israel.”

1 Kings 18:39

When all the people saw it, they immediately fell facedown and said: “Jehovah is the true God! Jehovah is the true God!”

2 Chronicles 32:16

His servants said even more against Jehovah the true God and against Hez·e·kiʹah his servant.

Daniel 9:3

So I turned my face to Jehovah the true God, entreating him in prayer, along with fasting and sackcloth and ashes.

Jehovah is not a made up name. There are many names in the Bible that refer to Jehovah.

• Hallelujah means "Praise Jah" Jah is short for Jehovah.
    • The prophet Elijah whic means "My God Is Jehovah"
    • Jesus which means "Jehovah is Salvation"

When a person rejects the Name of Jehovah, they also reject God's Anointed One, Jesus Christ. Jehovah Witnesses accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. (2 Peter 3:18) Did a monk also make up Jesus and other names that refer to Jehovah?

Michael the Chief Messenger is Jehovah's Personal Messenger that represents him and speaks for him and is called Jehovah and Wonderful. The Conqueror of Satan.

• Jehovah’s angel called to Abraham a second time (Genesis 22:15)
    • The angel of Jehovah (Exodus 3:2)
    • The angel who guards you on the Way through the wilderness, won't pardon transgression to those who disobey him. (Exodus 23:20-21)
    • Paul calls this angel 'Christ' whom took the Lead through the wilderness (1 Corithians 10:1-4)
    • Pauls call this angel of God whose I am (Acts 27:23 KJV)
    • Michael means "who is like God?" GIVEN the name Jesus that means "Jehovah is Salvation" (Phillipians 2:6-11 and Heb 1:4)

"The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the Name of My God and the Name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from My God, and My Own New Name." (Rev 3:12)

• Truth
    • With all due respect, (which isn't much), "Jehovah is in fact a made-up word cabbaged onto by a cult.
    • JW's do call Jesus a god in addition to what they call Jehovah. That by definition is in fact polytheism.
    • "Jehovah is not a made up name. " - In fact "Jehovah" is made up. That was neither Hebrew nor English till a Catholic monk invented it.
    • The Watchtower and its JW "Popes" shed this virus in a dreadful pandemic. Far more people may die of JW falsehood than will ever die of Covid.

• They said: “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will get saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:31

It's obvous you don't beleive in JESUS.  So how is it that the name of Jesus was corrupted to mean 'Jehovah is Salvation'?

• Truth

A Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to all who love Christ Jesus our Lord, God, and Savior!

• How is it that you claim to beleive in Jesus, and yet denounce the meaning of his name?

Jesus means 'Jehovah is Salvation'. How did this trinitarian monk make up the Name JESUS in the 12 century?

• C Mc
  • @Truth @C Mc

Why do trintarians beleive in the Book of John when they claim a trintarian monk made up the Name JOHN in the 12 century that has God's Name Jehovah in it?

JOHN

[English equivalent of Jehohanan, meaning “Jehovah Has Shown Favor; Jehovah Has Been Gracious”].

• Truth

Re: @BroRando

We clearly aren’t dealing with anything near normal mental health here. Bear that in mind.

• C Mc

@BroRando said:

Why do trintarians beleive in the Book of John when they claim a trintarian monk made up the Name JOHN in the 12 century that has God's Name Jehovah in it?

This is not clear to me. "Trinitarians believe...". Can you cite an independent source or references? CM

• C Mc
    edited November 2021

Who is this "a trintarian [Trinitarians] monk"? CM

• Ask your buddy @Truth who claims Jehovah was a made up name and a lie.

• Truth

Go ahead, @BroRando, tell us. Fear of the Watchtower may not let you, but if not, then have enough guts to say what you know is true about the word Jehovah being made up.

If your JW Popes at the Watchtower might kick you for daring to say true words, we will make a safe place for you to land.

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,300
    edited November 2021

So tell everyone of the forum that you reject JESUS as Lord and Savior because a catholic trintarian monk changed Christ's name to mean 'Jehovah is Salvation'.

It's a lie, like three gods are co-equal is a lie. Why you keep denying Jesus who said the Father is Greater than I am. (John 14:28)

• Truth

Bill Cetnar is a 20-year high-ranking slave of the Watchtower. He eventually escaped and became a Christian.

He provides many excellent resources for leading JW's to know Jesus and Jehovah as God and Savior.

Books include:

And many more. 

http://worldcat.org/identities/np-cetnar,%20bill/

Also don't miss this DVD:

https://www.worldcat.org/title/what-you-need-to-know-when-a-jehovahs-witness-comes-knocking-at-your-door/oclc/61279009

• Get any Bibical Question Answered by simply looking up the subject.

• Searching
    Searching Posts: 24
    edited June 2023

Falsehoods from the JW Watchtower ???

1. Jehovah's Witnesses do not have multiple gods. They believe in only on God Jehovah. The name Jehovah was given to God in the King Jams bible in 1611, at least 260 before the Watchtower existed, so it's not like they made up the name. Trinitarians are actually the ones that have multiple gods. JW's do not believe Jesus/archangel or the HS are God because they are not according to the words of Jesus himself when he said that his Heavenly Father was the only true God in John 17:3. If anyone is going to know who the true God is I think it would be Jesus. Of course there are many other scriptures that show Jesus is not God.
    2. You said that Jehovah's Witnesses do not expect to go to heaven, but that is not true Since some of them do. But it is true that most expect to live on a paradise earth because that's what the Bible tells us "The righteous will inherit the earth and reside forever on it" - Psalms 37:29 And again in Matthew 5:5 it says "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth". So it seems that the meek are righteous and the righteous are meek.
    3. Of course Jehovah Witnesses do believe in the atonement for our sin through the shed blood of Jesus. 2 Cor. 5:21, Her. 10:12, John 1:29. But that doesn't mean that there is nothing to do on our part for we are warned in 2 Thes. 2:3  "Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction". And in 1 Tim. 4:1 it tells us "But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons".
    4. If by divine you mean that the Holy Spirit is God, 1/3 of the trinity, then no they do not believe and why would they. If the Holy Spirit was God it would know everything Go knows but Jesus said it does not when he said "No one knows the day and the hour, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only. the Bible shows repeated that God uses the Holy Spirit to accomplish his will. Gen. 1:2, -  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. In Gen. 8:1 the same Hebrew word is used for wind here: "God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged;" Notice the God made it pass over the earth. So as Jesus said John 5:19 "The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do"
    5. So you think Jesus rose bodily from the dead? Not according two 1 Peter 3:18 -  "Because Christ also [a]suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;" Mary didn't know him when she saw him after the resurrection. "When she had thus said, she turned herself back, and beheld Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus." - John 20:14 The same day 2 of the disciples walk and talked with Jesus for about 7 miles and never knew who he was either in Luke 24. Then in John 20:19 "when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” - How is that a physical body?
    6. The word hell is translated from a Greek and Hebrew word that just means grave and here is a description of it, but I'm sure you already know that. Ecclesiastes 9:5,10 For the living know that they will die but the dead know nothing...Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going. God told Adam "from dust you came and to dust you will return"

Don't know how this happens but this is reply to whoever calls himself Truth.