Is the Lexham English Bible a Trustworthy Bible?

2»

Comments

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus .... can you actually answer a simple question? why are you always evading simple plain answers?

Your above post is totally beside the point ... my school teachers would have marked such "answer" as straight "failed ... did not answer"

• Truth
    Truth Posts: 521

@Wolfgang With all due respect, @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus answer was a thorough answer. Perhaps it was not simple enough for your liking to refute, but it was excellent.

That answer gets an A.

• Sennacherib's prism boasts that he shut up Hezekiah like a caged bird => (2 Kings 19:35)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Truth
    Truth Posts: 521
    edited November 2021

According to the JW Pope or Watchtower, Jesus has returned and Charles Taze Russell is "that servant."

See the "infallible" May 1 1922 Watchtower:

Jesus clearly indicated that during his second pres- 
    ence he would have amongst the church a faithful and 
    wise servant, through whom he would give to the house- 
    hold of faith meat in due season. The evidence is over- 
    whelming concerning the Lord's second presence, the 
    time of the harvest, and that the office of "that servant" 
    has been filled by Brother Russell. 

• What is the relationship of "Holy One of God" in Mark 1:24 and "Holy One of Israel" in the Old Covenant ?

@Wolfgang November 19 @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus .... can you actually answer a simple question? why are you always evading simple plain answers?

@Wolfgang November 19 Your above post is totally beside the point ... my school teachers would have marked such "answer" as straight "failed ... did not answer"

Yes. (simple answer for simple question)

My above post on November 19 was a comment reply for @BroRando November 18 (& posted a couple minutes after your earlier post)

While remembering many questions you have evaded in various CD discussions, am puzzled by your question "why are you always evading simple plain answers?" (are you really asking yourself OR me about evading)

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus November 18 What had the demon called Jesus in Mark 1:24 ?

@Wolfgang November 19 Reading Mk 1:24 tells the following:

Mk 1:24 (NASB)

saying, “What 1business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us?

I know who You are—the Holy One of God!”

@Wolfgang November 19 The person knew that Jesus of Nazareth was the Holy One of God .... was the statement correct?

Yes, the unclean spirit, demon, knew Jesus of Nazareth was/is the Holy One of God.

@Wolfgang November 19 Is Jesus the Holy One of God?

Yes

@Wolfgang November 19 Or is Jesus someone else?

No

@Wolfgang November 19 Are the words plain enough to understand?

Depends on what willing to believe about One unified plural e-lo-HEEM אלהים God.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus November 18 Why do most English Bible translations not have "to be Christ." in Mark 1:34 ?

@Wolfgang November 19 A look in Greek MSS will provide an answer ... More interesting and more important is however what the phrase at the end of vers 34 means.

We simply agree.

Mk 1:34 (NASB)

And He healed many who were ill with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He was not permitting the demons to speak, because they knew who He was.

"... they knew who he was" or "... they knew him" ... Now, WHAT did they know concerning Jesus?

@Wolfgang November 19 What did demons know & NOT know about Jesus ?

Many rulers on earth are like the Kings in Northern Israel who choose to do evil (listened to demons).

1 Corinthians 2:1-3:15 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God in LXX) => And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of אלהים God. For I decided not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I came to you in weakness and in fear and with much trembling, and my speech and my preaching were not with the persuasiveness of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and power, in order that your faith would not be in the wisdom of men, but in the power of אלהים God. Now we do speak wisdom among the mature, but wisdom not of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are perishing, but we speak the hidden wisdom of אלהים God in a mystery, which אלהים God predestined before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew. For if they had known it, they would not have crucified the יהוה Lord of glory. But just as it is written, “Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and have not entered into the heart of man, all that אלהים God has prepared for those who love him.” For to us אלהים God has revealed them through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of אלהים God. For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of the man that is in him? Thus also no one knows the things of אלהים God except the Spirit of אלהים God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from אלהים God, in order that we may know the things freely given to us by אלהים God, things which we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual things to spiritual people. But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of אלהים God, for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. Now the spiritual person discerns all things, but he himself is judged by no one. “For who has known the mind of the Lord; who has advised him?” But we have the mind of Christ. And I, brothers, was not able to speak to you as to spiritual people, but as to fleshly people, as to infants in Christ. I gave you milk to drink, not solid food, for you were not yet able to eat it. But now you are still not able, for you are still fleshly. For where there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and do you not live like unregenerate people? For whenever anyone says, “I am with Paul,” and another, “I am with Apollos,” are you not merely human? Therefore, what is Apollos and what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, and to each as the יהוה Lord gave. I planted, Apollos watered, but אלהים God was causing it to grow. So then, neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but אלהים God who is causing it to grow. Now the one who plants and the one who waters are one, but each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor. For we are אלהים God’s fellow workers; you are אלהים God’s field, אלהים God’s building. According to the grace of אלהים God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building upon it. But each one must direct his attention to how he is building upon it. For no one is able to lay another foundation than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds upon the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, grass, straw, the work of each one will become evident. For the day will reveal it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the work of each one, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work that he has built upon it remains, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, but so as through fire.

@Wolfgang November 19 That he was one of a God-chorus?

Yes for demon knowing The Holy One of Israel, The Word voice in One plural e-lo-HEEM אלהים God was being the spirit inside יהוה Jesus. The Holiness of יהוה Jesus torments every demon. Angelic creatures were created to ❤️ Love God, but each unclean spirit choose to sin & turn away from God's Love ❤️ to transform into demons, who intensely hate every human as they see the image of plural e-lo-HEEM אלהים God.

@Wolfgang November 19 that he was God?

Yes for knowing the Holy spirit dwelling inside the man Jesus was fully אלהים God. Completeness of plural e-lo-HEEM אלהים God includes יהוה Father & Breath The Holy.

@Wolfgang November 19 What does the immediate context (such as info from v.24) reveal about who Jesus of Nazareth was??

Context includes יהוה Jesus commanding demon (unclean spirit) to be silent - let every human choose what to believe & love ❤️ most.

Mark 1:16-39 LEB (with Hebrew word for Jewish usual translation of אלהים as God in LXX) => And as he was passing by along the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew, Simon’s brother, casting a net into the sea (for they were fishermen). And Jesus said to them, “Follow me and I will make you become fishers of people.” And immediately they left their nets and followed him. And going on a little farther, he saw James the son of Zebedee and his brother John, and they were in the boat mending the nets. And immediately he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and went away after him. And they went into Capernaum and immediately on the Sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue. And they were amazed at his teaching, because he was teaching them like one who had authority, and not like the scribes. And so then there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit, and he cried out, saying, “Leave us alone, Jesus the Nazarene! Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of אלהים God!” And Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!” And after convulsing him and crying out with a loud voice, the unclean spirit came out of him. And they were all amazed, so that they began to discuss with one another, saying, “What is this? A new teaching with authority! He even commands the unclean spirits and they obey him.” And the report about him then went out everywhere in the whole surrounding region of Galilee. And so then he departed from the synagogue and came into the house of Simon and Andrew with James and John. Now Simon’s mother-in-law was lying down, suffering with a fever, and at once they told him about her. And he came and raised her up by taking hold of her hand, and the fever left her, and she began to serve them. Now when it was evening, when the sun had set, they began bringing to him all those who were sick and those who were demon-possessed. And the whole town was gathered together at the door. And he healed many who were sick with various diseases and expelled many demons. And he did not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him. And getting up early in the morning while it was very dark, he departed and went to a deserted place, and there he was praying. And Simon and those who were with him searched diligently for him. And they found him and said to him, “Everyone is looking for you!” And he said to them, “Let us go elsewhere, into the neighboring rural towns, so that I can preach there also, because I have come out for this very reason.” And he went into all Galilee preaching in their synagogues and expelling demons.

@BroRando November 18 Here's the Greek translation. Only the Anti-Christ would remove Christ from the Bible.. So why did the LEB translators remove Christ from God's Inspired Word? Since they removed God's Name from the New Testemant, why stop there?

@BroRando November 18 What did one Anti-Christ say to the other Anti-Christ? Let's remove Christ from Mark 1:34 in the LEB Anti-Christ doctrine... nobody will notice... especially trinitarians.

How would an unclean spirit know "the Holy One of God!," to be The Christ, The Messiah ?

From posting many links to JW.org appears @BroRando faith is in the human organization so @BroRando chooses to make personal beliefs match the society propaganda. FWIW: JW.org videos provide no interest for me to watch (links to JW.org are not clicked in my web browser).

How many predictions by the Watchtower Society (JW.org) are currently unfulfilled ? e.g. years 1878, 1881, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975

October 30 comment lists many failed predictions proving the society is NOT the truthful communication channel for plural e-lo-HEEM אלהים God (society fails simple test of 100% accuracy for predictions).

Each person choses what to ❤️ Love Most.

🙏Praying to God for merciful magnitude of Holy Healing in all life domains for many, many, many people: heart (emotional), mind (mental), soul (social), strength (physical), & worship (spiritual) 🙏

Keep Smiling 😊

• The Lexinigton Bible removed Christ from (Mark 1:34) Only the AntiChrist and its supporters remove Christ continue to fight that Christ stays out of its demonic pages.

Here's is a Christian Bible that the AntiChrist Hates because Christ was put back into the Bible.

"So he cured many who were ill with various sicknesses, and he expelled many demons, but he would not let the demons speak, for they knew him to be Christ." (Mark 1:34 NWT)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• @BroRando January 11 The Lexinigton Bible removed Christ from (Mark 1:34

What is the Lexinigton Bible ?

Bible Search in my Logos library for: (Christ OR <Root = lbs/el/Χριστος>) WITHIN {Milestone <Mk1.34>} finds five results.

Screen shot shows The Emphasized Bible has a pop-up explanation for [ to be Christ ] => "enclose words with respect to which ancient authorities are not unanimous".

Vaticanus manuscript has Χριστον ειναι in Mark 1:34 while Sinaiticus & Alexandrinus manuscripts do not. The Lexham English Bible is a translation of the Society of Biblical Languages Greek NT (SBLGNT) that does not have Χριστον ειναι in Mark 1:34 (reflecting Greek words Χριστον ειναι not being in all ancient Greek manuscripts).

Puzzled by @BroRando signature:

Visit JW.org to get Spiritual and Accurate Answers to Your Questions. Bible transliterated into over 120 languages.

John 1:1 (SBLGNT) Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος.

Transliteration into English => En archē ēn ho logos, kai ho logos ēn pros ton theon, kai theos ēn ho logos.

Translation into English => In beginning was being the word, and the word was being with the God, and God was being the word.

Keep Smiling 😊