A SCRIPTURE based discussion of the Trinity

Comments

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus October 21 FWIW: prior to Jesus, all humans that had appeared before Jewish Religious Leaders had been humans who inherited sin-stained spiritual nature from Adam (not a single human had been righteous, all had chosen to sin). The man Jesus is unique as the Holy spiritual quality was אלהים God inside a human male body (John 1:1-18) while The Father remained יהוה Lord אלהים God ruling as King of the Universe in Holy Heaven.

@Wolfgang October 22 Hmn .... Adam came perfect - without sin-stained spiritual nature - directly from God, just as Jesus did. And yet, being without sin, Adam chose to disobey God and commit sin. Jesus being without sin, in contrast to Adam, chose to obey God and not commit sin.

@Wolfgang October 22 Nothing anywhere about Jesus and Adam being any different in them being a man and initially without sin ... the difference between them was in how they acted in their walk with God! Adam disobeyed, Jesus obeyed. (cp. Rom 5:12-21)

Per plural אלהים God's plan, life for Adam began when plural אלהים God breathed into dust to create Adam (with incredibly intelligent design so The Word voice of plural אלהים God could leave Holy Heaven thousands of years later to be inside a male human body).

Per plural אלהים God's plan, humanity for Jesus began when יהוה Lord Righteousness (Jeremiah 23:5-6) humbly left Holy heaven to be born inside a male human body for substitutionary sin sacrifice: John 6:35-58, Romans 5:6-11 & Philippians 2:5-11

John 6:35-58 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים & יהוה) => Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. The one who comes to me will never be hungry, and the one who believes in me will never be thirsty again. But I said to you that you have seen me and do not believe. Everyone whom the Father gives to me will come to me, and the one who comes to me I will never throw out, because I have come down from heaven not that I should do my will, but the will of the one who sent me. Now this is the will of the one who sent me: that everyone whom he has given me, I would not lose any of them, but raise them up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks at the Son and believes in him would have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.” Now the Jews began to grumble about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven,” and they were saying, “Is this one not Jesus the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?” Jesus answered and said to them, “Do not grumble among yourselves! No one is able to come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up on the last day. It is written in the prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by אלהים God.’ Everyone who hears from the Father and learns comes to me. (Not that anyone has seen the Father except the one who is from אלהים God—this one has seen the Father.) Truly, truly I say to you, the one who believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness and they died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven so that someone may eat from it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats from this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.” So the Jews began to quarrel among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” Then Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life in yourselves! The one who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. The one who eats my flesh and drinks my blood resides in me and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so also the one who eats me—that one will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven, not as the fathers ate and died. The one who eats this bread will live forever.”

Romans 5:6-11 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים & יהוה) => For while we were still helpless, yet at the proper time Christ died for the ungodly. For only rarely will someone die on behalf of a righteous person (for on behalf of a good person possibly someone might even dare to die), but אלהים God demonstrates his own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Therefore, by much more, because we have been declared righteous now by his blood, we will be saved through him from the wrath. For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to אלהים God through the death of his Son, by much more, having been reconciled, we will be saved by his life. And not only this, but also we are boasting in אלהים God through our יהוה Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Romans 5:12-21 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים & יהוה) => Because of this, just as sin entered into the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death spread to all people because all sinned. For until the law, sin was in the world, but sin is not charged to one’s account when there is no law. But death reigned from Adam until Moses even over those who did not sin in the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of the one who is to come. But the gift is not like the trespass, for if by the trespass of the one, the many died, by much more did the grace of אלהים God and the gift by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, multiply to the many. And the gift is not as through the one who sinned, for on the one hand, judgment from the one sin led to condemnation, but the gift, from many trespasses, led to justification. For if by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through the one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, Jesus Christ. Consequently therefore, as through one trespass came condemnation to all people, so also through one righteous deed came justification of life to all people. For just as through the disobedience of the one man, the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one, the many will be made righteous. Now the law came in as a side issue, in order that the trespass could increase, but where sin increased, grace was present in greater abundance, so that just as sin reigned in death, so also grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our יהוה Lord.

Philippians 2:5-11 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים & יהוה) => Think this in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, existing in the form of אלהים God, did not consider being equal with אלהים God something to be grasped, but emptied himself by taking the form of a slave, by becoming in the likeness of people. And being found in appearance like a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, that is, death on a cross. Therefore also אלהים God exalted him and graciously granted him the name above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth and of those under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is יהוה Lord, to the glory of אלהים God the Father.

Keep Smiling 😊

• And once again ...@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus is teaching that Jesus was not a real man, a human being .... flat out contradicting what Jesus himself and his apostles believed and taught. And all, just to keep up the "Plural One God" fable and myth ...

• @Wolfgang October 23 And once again ...@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus is teaching that Jesus was not a real man, a human being .... flat out contradicting what Jesus himself and his apostles believed and taught. And all, just to keep up the "Plural One God" fable and myth ...

יהוה Lord Jesus is unique: spiritually The Word voice of One plural אלהים God inside a male human body, which is really different from all other humans who spiritually inherit dark sin-stained spiritual nature from Adam (from plural אלהים God's breath into dust to create Adam Holy, who later chose to sin with Eve against One plural אלהים God)

Thankful for the Lord יהוה Yahweh describing human servant, who was sacrificed for our human sicknesses and pain: For thus says the Lord יהוה Yahweh (Isaiah 52:4) ... Isaiah 52:13-52:12 => Look, my servant shall achieve success; he shall be exalted, and he shall be lifted up, and he shall be very high. Just as many were appalled at you — such was his appearance beyond human disfigurement, and his form beyond the sons of mankind — so he shall sprinkle many nations; because of him, kings shall shut their mouths. For they shall see what has not been told them, and they shall consider with full attention what they have not heard. Who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of יהוה Yahweh been revealed? For he went up like a shoot before him, and like a root from dry ground. He had no form and no majesty that we should see him, and no appearance that we should take pleasure in him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of suffering, and acquainted with sickness, and like one from whom others hide their faces, he was despised, and we did not hold him in high regard. However, he was the one who lifted up our sicknesses, and he carried our pain, yet we ourselves assumed him stricken, struck down by אלהים God and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon him, and by his wounds we were healed. All of us have wandered about like sheep; we each have turned to his own way; and יהוה Yahweh let fall on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was brought like a lamb to the slaughter, and like a sheep is dumb before its shearers, so he did not open his mouth. He was taken by restraint of justice, and who concerned himself with his generation? For he was cut off from the land of the living; he received a blow because of the transgression of my people. He made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. Yet יהוה Yahweh was pleased to crush him; he made him sick. If she places his life a guilt offering, he will see offspring. He will prolong days, and the will of יהוה Yahweh will succeed in his hand. From the trouble of his life he will see; he will be satisfied. In his knowledge, the righteous one, my servant, shall declare many righteous, and he is the one who will bear their iniquities. Therefore, I will divide to him a portion among the many, and with the strong ones he will divide bounty, because he poured his life out to death and was counted with the transgressors; and he was the one who bore the sin of many and will intercede for the transgressors.

John 3:16-21 => For in this way אלהים God loved the world, so that he gave his one and only Son, in order that everyone who believes in him will not perish, but will have eternal life. For אלהים God did not send his Son into the world in order that he should judge the world, but in order that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not judged, but the one who does not believe has already been judged, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of אלהים God. And this is the judgment: that the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone who practices evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds be exposed. But the one who practices the truth comes to the light, in order that his deeds may be revealed, that they are done in אלהים God.

Keep Smiling 😊

• @Wolfgang October 23 And once again ...@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus is teaching that Jesus was not a real man, a human being .... flat out contradicting what Jesus himself and his apostles believed and taught. And all, just to keep up the "Plural One God" fable and myth ...

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus יהוה י Lord Jesus is unique: spiritually The Word voice of One plural אלהים God inside a male human body, which is really different from all other humans who spiritually inherit dark sin-stained spiritual nature from Adam (from plural אלהים God's breath into dust to create Adam Holy, who later chose to sin with Eve against One plural אלהים God)

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus confirms exactky what I wrote => he denies that Jesus was really a man! Cp. Rom 5:12ff ... and his unscriptural ideas are manifest.

• @Wolfgang October 23 And once again ...@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus is teaching that Jesus was not a real man, a human being .... flat out contradicting what Jesus himself and his apostles believed and taught. And all, just to keep up the "Plural One God" fable and myth ...

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus October 23  יהוה י Lord Jesus is unique: spiritually The Word voice of One plural אלהים God inside a male human body, which is really different from all other humans who spiritually inherit dark sin-stained spiritual nature from Adam (from plural אלהים God's breath into dust to create Adam Holy, who later chose to sin with Eve against One plural אלהים God)

@Wolfgang October 24 @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus confirms exactky what I wrote => he denies that Jesus was really a man! Cp. Rom 5:12ff ... and his unscriptural ideas are manifest.

Romans 5:11 shows Paul's faith belief in Jesus as יהוה Lord => And not only this, but also we are boasting in אלהים God through our יהוה Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Logos Bible Search of Lexham English Bible for man WITHIN 2 WORDS Jesus finds two verses: Romans 5:15 and 1 Timothy 2:5.

1 Timothy 2:1-8 LEB (with Hebrew word for Jewish usual translation of אלהים as God in LXX) => Therefore, I urge first of all that petitions, prayers, requests, and thanksgiving be made on behalf of all people, on behalf of kings and all those who are in authority, in order that we may live a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable before אלהים God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one אלהים God and one mediator between אלהים God and human beings, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a ransom for all, the testimony at the proper time, for which I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am speaking the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger and dispute.

If believe the man Jesus cannot be אלהים God, then "really a man" means biological father has to be Joseph (contrary to Scripture texts).

If believe the man Jesus is יהוה Lord אלהים God, then the man Jesus has אלהים God for both spiritual father & human biological father.

Matthew 1:18-25 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים & יהוה) => Now the birth of Jesus Christ occurred in this way. His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant by the Holy Spirit. So Joseph her husband, being righteous and not wanting to disgrace her, intended to divorce her secretly. But as he was considering these things, behold, an angel of the יהוה Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for what has been conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. And she will give birth to a son, and you will call his name ‘Jesus,’ because he will save his people from their sins.” Now all this happened in order that what was spoken by the יהוה Lord through the prophet would be fulfilled, saying, “Behold, the virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will call his name Emmanuel,” which is translated, “אלהים God with us.” And Joseph, when he woke up from sleep, did as the angel of the יהוה Lord commanded him, and he took his wife and did not have sexual relations with her until she gave birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

Gospel of Matthew has many people who would describe Jesus as “אלהים God with us.”

Luke 1:26-38 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים & יהוה) => Now in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from אלהים God to a town of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin legally promised in marriage to a man named Joseph of the house of David. And the name of the virgin was Mary. And he came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one! The יהוה Lord is with you.” But she was greatly perplexed at the statement, and was pondering what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with אלהים God. And behold, you will conceive in the womb and will give birth to a son, and you will call his name Jesus. This one will be great, and he will be called the Son of the Most High, and the יהוה Lord אלהים God will give him the throne of his father David. And he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end. And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I have not had sexual relations with a man?” And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore also the one to be born will be called holy, the Son of אלהים God. And behold, your relative Elizabeth—she also has conceived a son in her old age, and this is the sixth month for her who was called barren. For nothing will be impossible with אלהים God.” So Mary said, “Behold, the יהוה Lord’s female slave! May it happen to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

Jewish Messiah described by the angel Gabriel => This one will be great, and he will be called the Son of the Most High, and the יהוה Lord אלהים God will give him the throne of his father David. And he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.

Truthfully consistent with Revelation 22:16 LEB => “I, Jesus, sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” (root is being יהוה Lord אלהים God for creation & the man Jesus born from Mary, who is called the Son of the Most High and called holy, the Son of אלהים God. Called jumped out as Jesus was/is/will be יהוה Lord אלהים God eternally).

Keep Smiling 😊

• If believe the man Jesus cannot be אלהים God, then "really a man" means biological father has to be Joseph (contrary to Scripture texts).

Not true ...since God (Who is not a man!) was able to bring about biologically a complete human being, why would God be now nuable to bring about biologically just a male seed of the kind human to facilitate a conception of a human child in a human woman??

If believe the man Jesus is יהוה Lord אלהים God, then the man Jesus has אלהים God for both spiritual father & human biological father.

Not true ... there is no such living being who is both the Almighty God and also at the same time a human being !!

There is NO place in Scripture where anyone ever stated or mentioned that "Lord Jesus" = "יהוה Lord". This is your fanciful idea which you put together from unrelated words used by translators (using "Lord" to translate/replace the Hebrew יהוה for whatever Jewish reasoning. You now try to reverse this linguistic technique trickery and turn every reference to "lord" in relation to Jesus into "יהוה Lord".

Don't correct one mistake by someone with another mistake of your own.

• Truth
    Truth Posts: 521

If you don't believe Jesus is God, then what is the point of arguing? Not much else matters. The world is bland and evil. We see that is that bland evil world occupies most of the heart and mind of people who don't know who God is.

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus October 27 If believe the man Jesus cannot be אלהים God, then "really a man" means biological father has to be Joseph (contrary to Scripture texts).

@Wolfgang October 27 Not true ...since God (Who is not a man!) was able to bring about biologically a complete human being, why would God be now nuable to bring about biologically just a male seed of the kind human to facilitate a conception of a human child in a human woman??

Remember what אלהים God called the Holy male seed (child) of the kind human in a human woman: (Genesis 3:15 offspring of the woman)

Matthew 3:13-17 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים as God in LXX) => Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John in order to be baptized by him. But John tried to prevent him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it now, for in this way it is right for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he permitted him. Now after he was baptized, Jesus immediately went up from the water, and behold, the heavens opened and he saw the Spirit of אלהים God descending like a dove coming upon him. And behold, there was a voice from heaven saying, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

Matthew 17:1-8 LEB => And after six days Jesus took along Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves. And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothing became bright as the light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with him. So Peter answered and said to Jesus, “יהוה Lord, it is good that we are here! If you want, I will make here three shelters, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased. Listen to him!” And when the disciples heard this, they fell down on their faces and were extremely frightened. And Jesus came and touched them and said, “Get up and do not be afraid.” And when they lifted up their eyes they saw no one except him—Jesus alone.

Mark 9:2-8 LEB => And after six days, Jesus took along Peter and James and John, and led them to a high mountain by themselves alone. And he was transfigured before them, and his clothing became radiant—extremely white, like no cloth refiner on earth can make so white. And Elijah appeared to them together with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus. And Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good that we are here! And let us make three shelters, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah.” (For he did not know what he should answer, because they were terrified.) And a cloud came, overshadowing them, and a voice came from the cloud, “This is my beloved Son. Listen to him!” And suddenly, looking around, they no longer saw anyone with them but Jesus alone.

Luke 9:28-36 LEB => Now it happened that about eight days after these words, he took along Peter and John and James and went up on the mountain to pray. And as he was praying, the appearance of his face became different, and his clothing became white, gleaming like lightning. And behold, two men were talking with him, who were Moses and Elijah, who appeared in glory and were speaking about his departure which he was about to fulfill in Jerusalem. Now Peter and those with him were very sleepy, but when they became fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men who were standing with him. And it happened that as they were going away from him, Peter said to Jesus, “Master, it is good for us to be here. And let us make three shelters, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah,” not knowing what he was saying. And while he was saying these things, a cloud came and overshadowed them, and they were afraid as they entered into the cloud. And a voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, my Chosen One. Listen to him!” And after the voice had occurred, Jesus was found alone. And they kept silent and told no one in those days anything of what they had seen.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus October 27 If believe the man Jesus is יהוה Lord אלהים God, then the man Jesus has אלהים God for both spiritual father & human biological father.

@Wolfgang October 27 Not true ... there is no such living being who is both the Almighty God and also at the same time a human being !!

Jewish religious leaders agree with you that a human being cannot be Almighty אלהים God so they wanted Jesus put to death for blasphemy.

John 10:22-33 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים as God in LXX) => Then the feast of the Dedication took place in Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple in the Portico of Solomon. So the Jews surrounded him and began to say to him, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly!” Jesus answered them, “I told you and you do not believe! The deeds that I do in the name of my Father, these testify about me. But you do not believe, because you are not of my sheep! My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. And I give them eternal life, and they will never perish forever, and no one will seize them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can seize them from the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.” Then the Jews picked up stones again so that they could stone him. Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good deeds from the Father. For which one of them are you going to stone me?” The Jews answered him, “We are not going to stone you concerning a good deed, but concerning blasphemy, and because you, although you are a man, make yourself to be אלהים God!”

2 Timothy 2:8-26 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים & יהוה in LXX) => Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, a descendant of David according to my gospel, in connection with which I suffer misfortune to the point of imprisonment as a criminal, but the word of אלהים God is not bound. Because of this, I endure all things for the sake of the chosen, in order that they also may obtain salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. The saying is trustworthy: For if we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; if we are unfaithful, he remains faithful—he cannot deny himself. Remind people of these things, solemnly urging them before the יהוה Lord not to dispute about words. This is in no way beneficial and leads to the ruin of the hearers. Make every effort to present yourself approved to אלהים God, a worker having no need to be ashamed, guiding the word of truth along a straight path. But avoid pointless chatter, for it will progress to greater ungodliness, and their message will spread like gangrene, among whom are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have deviated concerning the truth by saying the resurrection has already taken place, and they are upsetting the faith of some. However, the solid foundation of אלהים God stands firm, having this seal: “The יהוה Lord knows those who are his,” and “Everyone who names the name of the יהוה Lord must abstain from unrighteousness.” Now in a great house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also wooden and earthenware ones, some of which are for honorable use, and some of which are for ordinary use. Therefore, if someone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work. But flee from youthful desires, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, in company with those who call upon the יהוה Lord from a pure heart. But avoid foolish and uninformed controversies, because you know that they produce quarrels. And the slave of the יהוה Lord must not quarrel, but be kind toward everyone, skillful in teaching, tolerant, correcting those who are opposed with gentleness, seeing whether perhaps אלהים God may grant them repentance to a knowledge of the truth, and they will come to their senses again and escape from the trap of the devil, being held captive by him to do his will.

@Wolfgang October 27 There is NO place in Scripture where anyone ever stated or mentioned that "Lord Jesus" = "יהוה Lord". This is your fanciful idea which you put together from unrelated words used by translators (using "Lord" to translate/replace the Hebrew יהוה for whatever Jewish reasoning. You now try to reverse this linguistic technique trickery and turn every reference to "lord" in relation to Jesus into "יהוה Lord".

Name of Jesus, Yeshua means יהוה salvation, is consistent with Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB => “Look, days are coming,” declares יהוה Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign as king, and he will achieve success, and he will do justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell in safety, and this is his name by which he will be called: ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’

For centuries, Jewish synagogue reading of Scripture has Lord (Adonai and/or κύριος) spoken instead of יהוה thousands of times every year.

Philippians 2:5-11 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים & יהוה in LXX) => Think this in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, existing in the form of אלהים God, did not consider being equal with אלהים God something to be grasped, but emptied himself by taking the form of a slave, by becoming in the likeness of people. And being found in appearance like a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, that is, death on a cross. Therefore also אלהים God exalted him and graciously granted him the name above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth and of those under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is יהוה Lord, to the glory of אלהים God the Father.

Jewish studies of Saul/Paul included thousands more repetitions of Lord (Adonai and/or κύριος) spoken instead of יהוה

Couple centuries before Christ, Jewish scholars usually translated Hebrew יהוה (God's Holy name) into Koine Greek as kurios (Lord). Hebrew lemma <Lemma = lbs/he/יהוה> is aligned with Greek LXX in 6,758 places (Logos Bible Search). Refining search <Lemma = lbs/he/יהוה> INTERSECTS <Lemma = lbs/el/κύριος> has 6,076 results so Jewish scholars usually translated יהוה as Lord (κύριος). Hebrew lemma <Lemma = lbs/he/אֱלֹהִים> is aligned with Greek LXX in 2,586 places. Refining search <Lemma = lbs/he/אֱלֹהִים> INTERSECTS <Lemma = lbs/el/θεός> has 2,252 results so Jewish scholars usually translated plural אלהים as singular God (θεός).

Keep Smiling 😊

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus claims:

So Peter answered and said to Jesus, “יהוה Lord,

Where did Peter call Jesus or say to Jesus what you put into Peter's mouth?? There is absolutely NO place where anyone (Peter or others) called Jesus יהוה ... no place ! You are adding ro / respectively changing the text ...

PS. No lengthy "explanation" needed as to why or how you add to and change the text ... the simple plain fact is as clear as anyone's nose in anyone's face. All your wonderful displays of your "Logos search capabilities" don't support in any way what you have invented in your faith belief to make Jesus to be "יהוה God"

• Notably missing from @Wolfgang replies in "A SCRIPTURE based discussion" is any scripture for discussion.

If believe Jesus cannot be יהוה Lord אלהים God, then Lord spoken by Jesus or to Jesus cannot be Jewish Lord substitution for יהוה (as shown in Jewish scholar translation of Hebrew into Greek Septuagint, LXX, a couple centuries before the man Jesus walked on earth).

Two subjects have singular verb and pronoun for One plural אלהים God in Isaiah 44:6-7 LEB => Thus says יהוה Yahweh, the king of Israel, and its redeemer, יהוה Yahweh of hosts: “I am the first, and I am the last, and there is no god besides me. And who is like me? Let him proclaim it! And let him declare it and set it in order for me since I established an eternal people and things that are to come, and let them tell them the things that are coming.

Revelation 22:12-16 LEB => “Behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to repay each one according to what his deeds are! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Blessed are the ones who wash their robes, so that their authority will be over the tree of life and they may enter into the city through the gates. Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the sexually immoral people and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and who practices falsehood. “I, Jesus, sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

To me, believing Jesus cannot be יהוה Lord אלהים God is a falsehood, which is contrary to scripture (while personally have no desire for anyone to be outside of God's Holy Heaven in an eternal place of torment, but humanly am unable to believe for anyone else: simple truth is every human chooses what to believe & love most, which shows in deeds of words and actions).

Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB => “Look, days are coming,” declares יהוה Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign as king, and he will achieve success, and he will do justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell in safety, and this is his name by which he will be called: ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’

Jewish Rabbi Jesus is speaking to Jewish disciples with Jewish audience on the side of a mountain in Matthew 7:13-27 LEB (with Hebrew word for Jewish usual translation of יהוה as Lord in LXX) => “Enter through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it, because narrow is the gate and constricted is the road that leads to life, and there are few who find it! “Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inside are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits: they do not gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles, do they? In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a bad tree produces bad fruit. A good tree is not able to produce bad fruit, nor a bad tree to produce good fruit. Every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. As a result, you will recognize them by their fruits. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘יהוה Lord, יהוה Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘יהוה Lord, יהוה Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many miracles in your name?’ And then I will say to them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who practice lawlessness!’ “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain came down and the rivers came and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it did not collapse, because its foundation was laid on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain came down and the rivers came and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it collapsed, and its fall was great.”

Jesus spoke יהוה Lord to The Father in Matthew 11:20-30 LEB (with Hebrew word for Jewish usual translation of יהוה as Lord in LXX) => Then he began to reproach the towns in which the majority of his miracles had been done, because they did not repent: “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. Nevertheless I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and for Sidon on the day of judgment than for you! And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? No, you will be brought down to Hades! For if the miracles done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until today. Nevertheless I tell you that it will be more bearable for the region of Sodom on the day of judgment than for you!” At that time Jesus answered and said, “I praise you, Father, יהוה Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to young children. Yes, Father, for to do so was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wants to reveal him. Come to me, all of you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke on you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to carry and my burden is light.”

Jesus spoke five Greek words in Matthew 14:27 Θαρσεῖτε, ἐγώ εἰμι· μὴ φοβεῖσθε. (Be courageous, I AM: be not afraid) that had Jewish Peter respond: יהוה Lord. Matthew 14:22-33 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים & יהוה in LXX) => And immediately he made the disciples get into the boat and go ahead of him to the other side, while he sent away the crowds. And after he sent away the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. So when evening came, he was there alone. But the boat was already many stadia distant from the land, being beaten by the waves, because the wind was against it. And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. But the disciples, when they saw him walking on the sea, were terrified, saying, “It is a ghost!” and they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Have courage, I am he! Do not be afraid!” And Peter answered him and said, “יהוה Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water!” So he said, “Come!” And getting out of the boat, Peter walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the strong wind, he was afraid. And beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, “יהוה Lord, save me!” And immediately Jesus extended his hand and caught him and said to him, “You of little faith! Why did you doubt?” And when they got into the boat, the wind abated. So those in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of אלהים God!”

Keep Smiling 😊

• And more "Jewish" influenced fables ....

In truth , NO JEW (not the ones who rejected Jesus as Messiah, nor those who believed in Jesus as Messiah) would ever deny Deu 6:4 ( “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! ) by making Jesus, a human being (cp. "born of a woman" ... Lk 1-2; Mt 1:18ff; Gal 4:4), into YHWH Who is their God.

But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Have courage, I am he! Do not be afraid!” And Peter answered him and said, “יהוה Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water!”

You misquote Petter .... Peter did NOT say “יהוה Lord, if it is you...", he adressed Jesus NOT as “יהוה" but as "Master, Lord" but NOT as “יהוה (YHWH)".

You also do seemingly misinterpret Peter's words "you are the Son of God" as "you are God" ... or why else the long winded quotation of the record of this incident? Why do you not just believe what the record says?

• Truth

Why talk about the direction of electron spin with someone who doesn't believe in atoms?

Jesus is God, That is the main point of the whole Bible. Miss that and you got nothing. Get that and confusion goes away.

• Why talk about the direction of electron spin with someone who doesn't believe in atoms?

Jesus is God, That is the main point of the whole Bible. Miss that and you got nothing. Get that and confusion goes away.

Your profile picture says it all ... 😂 😉 😥

• @Truth ... since you claim ever so boldly that Jesus is God, would you say, that Jesus is the only true God?

• Truth

What is so emotional for you about my profile picture?

There is only one true God.

• What is so emotional for you about my profile picture?

Nothing emotional really

There is only one true God.

Indeed ... and Who is this only ONE Who is the true God? Does Scripture contain perhaps a clear answer in a statement concerning this very truth?

• @Wolfgang October 30 In truth , NO JEW (not the ones who rejected Jesus as Messiah, nor those who believed in Jesus as Messiah) would ever deny Deu 6:4 ( “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! ) by making Jesus, a human being (cp. "born of a woman" ... Lk 1-2; Mt 1:18ffGal 4:4), into YHWH Who is their God.

Appears "In truth, ..." is in the eye of the beholder (while lacking factual credibility). Internet search for: Messianic Jews Lord God found:

Jews for Jesus has an issue publication => A Look at the Trinity from a Messianic Jewish Perspective that includes a quote:

"Hear, O Israel, Adonai Eloheinu Adonai is one. These three are one. How can the three Names be one? Only through the perception of faith; in the vision of the Holy Spirit, in the beholding of the hidden eye alone.…So it is with the mystery of the threefold Divine manifestations designated by Adonai Eloheinu Adonai—three modes which yet form one unity."

from Zohar, an ancient book of Jewish mysticism. Searching my Logos library for "three names" found a resource from 13th Century Spain:

The Oneness of God was a vital issue. The traditional Jewish declaration of God’s unity is the Shema, Deuteronomy 6:4: “Hear O Israel! YHVH, our God, YHVH is one.” Christian interpreters adduced the threefold mention of God in the verse as proof of the Trinity, and as early as the twelfth century, Jewish commentators countered this interpretation. The Zohar (2:43b) has this to say:

The unification [recited] every day is the unification of the verse in the Bible: “Hear O Israel! YHVH, our God, YHVH is one.” They are all one; therefore He is called One.

But there are three names! How are they one? Even though we say “One,” how are they one?

Through the vision of the Holy Spirit it is known. In the vision of the eye that is closed these three are revealed as one.… “YHVH, our God, YHVH” are one. Three colors, and they are one.

The passage is cryptic. Closing the eye and rotating the eyeball is described elsewhere in the Zohar as a technique for attaining a vision of the colors of the sefirot. In the Shema, “YHVH, our God, YHVH” designates the middle triad of sefirot, which linked together, demonstrates the unity of God.

In another passage (Zohar 3:162a), two rabbis on a mystical journey to the Garden of Eden hear a voice saying: “They are two; one is joined to them, and they are three. When they become three, they are one.” The rabbis are confounded, but the guardian of the Garden explains the meaning: “These are the two names in the Shema:YHVH, YHVH.’ ‘Our God’ joins them.… When they join together, they are one in one union.”

Daniel Chanan Matt, “Introduction,” in Zohar: The Book of Enlightenment, ed. Richard J. Payne, trans. Daniel Chanan Matt, The Classics of Western Spirituality (Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, 1983), 21–22.

יהוה Father & יהוה Son (Jesus, יהוה Salvation) & Breath The Holy = אלהים God = One plural unified God = commUnity of God's Love ❤️

Jews for Jesus issue publication => A Look at the Trinity from a Messianic Jewish Perspective includes Queen Victoria "We are not amused"

Internet search for: Messianic Jews Lord God also found

Yeshua Ha'Mashiach Ministries => Rabbi Kaduri Reveals Name of the Messiah

But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Have courage, I am heDo not be afraid!” And Peter answered him and said, “יהוה Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water!”

@Wolfgang October 30 You misquote Petter .... Peter did NOT say “יהוה Lord, if it is you...", he adressed Jesus NOT as “יהוה" but as "Master, Lord" but NOT as “יהוה (YHWH)".

In Jewish context, אלהים God's Holy Name יהוה is highly reverred (to avoid accidentally treating יהוה in vain). Jewish Peter said/heard Lord (κύριος) spoken instead of יהוה thousands of times every year.

Logos Bible Search for <Lemma = lbs/el/κύριος> with LEB shows translation as master OR owner OR Sir in parables (knowing Jewish usage of κύριος as vocal substitute for יהוה provides more to ponder about parables). Matthew 27:63 has "Sir" translation spoken to Pilate by Chief Priests and Pharisees who refused to believe Jesus is יהוה Lord (Jewish religious reason for Jesus to be put to death was what Jesus had said).

@Wolfgang October 30 You also do seemingly misinterpret Peter's words "you are the Son of God" as "you are God" ... or why else the long winded quotation of the record of this incident?

Context is vitally important for word, sentence, paragraph, larger unit meaning. Small snippets of Scripture can be used to "justify" any action.

@Wolfgang October 30 Why do you not just believe what the record says?

Curious about your answer to your own question. To me, your faith belief idea about One God is more important to you than what Scripture says.

Keep Smiling 😊

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2021

@Wolfgang October 30 In truth , NO JEW (not the ones who rejected Jesus as Messiah, nor those who believed in Jesus as Messiah) would ever deny Deu 6:4 ( “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! ) by making Jesus, a human being (cp. "born of a woman" ... Lk 1-2; Mt 1:18ffGal 4:4), into YHWH Who is their God.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Appears "In truth, ..." is in the eye of the beholder (while lacking factual credibility). Internet search for: Messianic Jews Lord God found:

Jews for Jesus has an issue publication => A Look at the Trinity from a Messianic Jewish Perspective that includes a quote:

My reference was to the Jews at the time of Jesus referred to in Biblical records ... you are talking about modern day Messianic Jews ... who for the most part seem to have been converted to a "Trinity Christ(Messiah)ianity". They - like other Trinity followers (from whatever previous religion background) - actually deny that Jesus is a real human being => according to them Jesus is some other kind of dual God.man, man-God "mystery-God" having quite a bit of resemblance of ancient Babylonian mystery religion god figures

@Wolfgang October 30 Why do you not just believe what the record says?

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Curious about your answer to your own question. To me, your faith belief idea about One God is more important to you than what Scripture says.

See above ... I believe the many records in Scripture which plainly tell that Jesus is a human being, a man. You do NOT believe that Jesus is a man, but based on your belief you make him out to be MORE THAN a human being.

• Truth

Is God unable to put on flesh and enter the world and for 30-some years as a man called Jesus?

If you don't really believe in him, then of course you can't believe such a thing. about him.

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2021

Is God unable to put on flesh and enter the world and for 30-some years as a man called Jesus?

Yes, He is unable to do so ... just as He is unable to lie or to die. Also note, when Jesus spoke concerning God, he placed Him not on earth inside himself, but in heaven (e.g. Mt 6:9)

If you don't really believe in him, then of course you can't believe such a thing. about him.

Hmn ... only in man's non-biblical fantasy do people make God to do anything that suits their theology ... unwilling to admit their error.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • @Truth October 31 Is God unable to put on flesh and enter the world and for 30-some years as a man called Jesus?

@Wolfgang October 31 Yes, He is unable to do so ... just as He is unable to lie or to die. Also note, when Jesus spoke concerning God, he placed Him not on earth inside himself, but in heaven (e.g. Mt 6:9)

The Father's voice from did not describe Jesus as just a special Holy man sent from God, but said:

Matthew 3:17 LEB => "And behold, there was a voice from heaven saying, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 17:5 LEB => While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased. Listen to him!

Mark 9:7 LEB => And a cloud came, overshadowing them, and a voice came from the cloud, “This is my beloved Son. Listen to him!

Luke 9:35 LEB => And a voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, my Chosen One. Listen to him!

Thought about @Bill_Coley "perfect time" for The Father to say Jesus was only a special man sent by אלהים God, but יהוה Father identified Jesus being in the family of אלהים God, which is truthfully consistent with Jesus saying: "The Father and I are One" in John 10:30 that was understood by Jewish religious leaders as Jesus saying "The Father and I are One יהוה Lord" as shown in John 10:33 => The Jews answered him, “We are not going to stone you concerning a good deed, but concerning blasphemy, and because you, although you are a man, make yourself to be אלהים God!”

To me, ongoing disbelieving words by @Wolfgang , @Bill_Coley , ... are verbal stones being thrown at Jesus, who still immensely ❤️Loves you and desires your repentance from disbelief sin & truly know Jesus as יהוה Lord. The man Jesus was/is/will be יהוה Lord, Righteous King of the Universe.

@Truth October 31 If you don't really believe in him, then of course you can't believe such a thing. about him.

@Wolfgang October 31 Hmn ... only in man's non-biblical fantasy do people make God to do anything that suits their theology ... unwilling to admit their error.

Hmn ... fascinating irony: labeling others as "man's non-biblical fantasy" while your own human fantasy about limitations of One God simply lacks Scripture basis, which you are "unwilling to admit as error". In "A SCRIPTURE based discussion ..." missing is Scripture support for your own theology limitations: We agree One plural אלהים God is not man. We disagree about One Unique יהוה Lord אלהים God being unable to design & create humankind in the image of אלהים God so one Voice of אלהים God could take on human flesh. Your subsequent interpretation of Scripture text is twisted to fit within your faith belief ideas about אלהים God (really steals from you appreciation of יהוה Lord אלהים God's immense Love ❤️ for you, which can result in Holy abundant living by believing Jesus is יהוה Lord). Our spiritual adversary, the father of lies, wants to steal, kill, & destroy ❤️ Love relationship between every human and One יהוה Lord אלהים God by craftily bending lies with truth into a mess, which disrupts personal relationship/commUnion in One יהוה Lord אלהים God so not know Jesus as יהוה Lord אלהים God, which is the only way to יהוה Father - John 14:6 (LEB) => Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 10:1-21 => “Truly, truly I say to you, the one who does not enter through the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up at some other place — that one is a thief and a robber. But the one who enters through the door is the shepherd of the sheep. For this one the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. Whenever he sends out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. And they will never follow a stranger, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” Jesus told them this parable, but they did not understand what it was that he was saying to them. Then Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All those who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep do not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters through me, he will be saved, and will come in and will go out and will find pasture. The thief comes only so that he can steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and have it abundantly. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand, who is not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf approaching and abandons the sheep and runs away — and the wolf seizes them and scatters them — because he is a hired hand and he is not concerned about the sheep. “I am the good shepherd, and I know my own, and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father, and I lay down my life for the sheep. And I have other sheep which are not from this fold. I must bring these also, and they will hear my voice, and they will become one flock — one shepherd. Because of this the Father loves me, because I lay down my life so that I may take possession of it again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down voluntarily. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take possession of it again. This commandment I received from my Father.” Again there was a division among the Jews because of these words. And many of them were saying, “He has a demon and is out of his mind! Why do you listen to him?” Others were saying, “These are not the words of one who is possessed by a demon! A demon is not able to open the eyes of the blind, is it?”

If The Father and Jesus was/is/will be One יהוה Lord אלהים God, then teaching that Jesus cannot be God reminds me of stumbling warning:

Matthew 18:1-9 LEB => At that time the disciples came up to Jesus, saying, “Who then is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling a child to himself, he had him stand in their midst and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you turn around and become like young children, you will never enter into the kingdom of heaven! Therefore whoever humbles himself like this child, this person is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and whoever welcomes one child such as this in my name welcomes me. But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him that a large millstone be hung on his neck and he be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world because of causes for stumbling, for it is a necessity that causes for stumbling come; nevertheless, woe to the person through whom the cause for stumbling comes. And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it from you! It is better for you to enter into life crippled or lame than, having two hands or two feet, to be thrown into the eternal fire! And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it from you! It is better for you to enter into life one-eyed than, having two eyes, to be thrown into fiery hell!

@Wolfgang October 30 In truth , NO JEW (not the ones who rejected Jesus as Messiah, nor those who believed in Jesus as Messiah) would ever deny Deu 6:4 ( “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! ) by making Jesus, a human being (cp. "born of a woman" ... Lk 1-2; Mt 1:18ffGal 4:4), into YHWH Who is their God.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Appears "In truth, ..." is in the eye of the beholder (while lacking factual credibility). Internet search for: Messianic Jews Lord God found:

Jews for Jesus has an issue publication => A Look at the Trinity from a Messianic Jewish Perspective that includes a quote:

@Wolfgang October 31 My reference was to the Jews at the time of Jesus referred to in Biblical records ... you are talking about modern day Messianic Jews ... who for the most part seem to have been converted to a "Trinity Christ(Messiah)ianity". They - like other Trinity followers (from whatever previous religion background) - actually deny that Jesus is a real human being => according to them Jesus is some other kind of dual God.man, man-God "mystery-God" having quite a bit of resemblance of ancient Babylonian mystery religion god figures

What did Jewish Thomas touch in the resurrected human body of Jewish Rabbi Jesus that changed faith belief of Thomas ? John 10:24-29 LEB => Now Thomas, one of the twelve, who was called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples said to him, “We have seen the יהוה Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and put my finger into the mark of the nails, and put my hand into his side, I will never believe!” And after eight days his disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Although the doors had been shut, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said, “Peace to you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Place your finger here and see my hands, and place your hand and put it into my side. And do not be unbelieving, but believing!” Thomas answered and said to him, “My יהוה Lord and my אלהים God!” Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen me, have you believed? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.

To me, Thomas intensely grieved the human body death of Jesus so did not want to believe what was humanly impossible (even though Thomas had seen Lazarus raised from the dead along with other dead bodies restored to life). Grieving process helps me appreciate יהוה Lord אלהים God's perfect timing for life changing encounter with Thomas. Suspect Thomas was quite upset with himself (ashamed) for not dying with Jesus.

About two months about resurrection of Jesus is Acts 2 transformation where over 3,000 Jews believed the man Jesus was/is/will be יהוה Lord.

Prior to crucifixion, not know how many Jews hearing Jewish Rabbi Jesus speak believed the man Jesus was/is/will be יהוה Lord (blind see, lame walk, lepers cleansed, deaf hear, dead raised, sick healed, good news proclaimed, .... Also, a Roman centurion demonstrated faith in יהוה Lord Jesus by believing words spoken would immediately cause action to be done (servant healed).

A gentile woman also believed Jesus is יהוה Lord - Matthew 15:21-28 LEB (with Hebrew word for Jewish usual translation of יהוה as Lord in LXX) => And departing from there, Jesus went away to the region of Tyre and Sidon. And behold, a Canaanite woman from that district came and cried out, saying, “Have mercy on me, יהוה Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely possessed by a demon!” But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came up and asked him, saying, “Send her away, because she is crying out after us!” But he answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” But she came and knelt down before him, saying, “יהוה Lord, help me!” And he answered and said, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs!” So she said, “Yes, יהוה Lord, for even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, your faith is great! Let it be done for you as you want.” And her daughter was healed from that hour.

@Wolfgang October 30 Why do you not just believe what the record says?

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Curious about your answer to your own question. To me, your faith belief idea about One God is more important to you than what Scripture says.

@Wolfgang October 31 See above ... I believe the many records in Scripture which plainly tell that Jesus is a human being, a man. You do NOT believe that Jesus is a man, but based on your belief you make him out to be MORE THAN a human being.

My faith simply believes the man Jesus was/is/will be יהוה Lord אלהים God. Also believes The Father was/is/will be יהוה Lord אלהים God. One unique plural אלהים God includes Breath The Holy. Thankful for Jewish Zohar "three names" insight about Deuteronomy 6:4 that is consistent with Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB => “Look, days are coming,” declares יהוה Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign as king, and he will achieve success, and he will do justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell in safety, and this is his name by which he will be called: ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’ (plural 1st person pronoun could be translated We)

Truthfully consistent is Philippians 2:5-11 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of אלהים & יהוה) => Think this in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, existing in the form of אלהים God, did not consider being equal with אלהים God something to be grasped, but emptied himself by taking the form of a slave, by becoming in the likeness of people. And being found in appearance like a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, that is, death on a cross. Therefore also אלהים God exalted him and graciously granted him the name above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth and of those under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is יהוה Lord, to the glory of אלהים God the Father.

יהוה Lord Jesus righteously fulfilled/fulfills human servant prophecy in Isaiah 52:13-53:12 LEB => Look, my servant shall achieve success; he shall be exalted, and he shall be lifted up, and he shall be very high. Just as many were appalled at you — such was his appearance beyond human disfigurement, and his form beyond the sons of mankind — so he shall sprinkle many nations; because of him, kings shall shut their mouths. For they shall see what has not been told them, and they shall consider with full attention what they have not heard. Who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of יהוה Yahweh been revealed? For he went up like a shoot before him, and like a root from dry ground. He had no form and no majesty that we should see him, and no appearance that we should take pleasure in him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of suffering, and acquainted with sickness, and like one from whom others hide their faces, he was despised, and we did not hold him in high regard. However, he was the one who lifted up our sicknesses, and he carried our pain, yet we ourselves assumed him stricken, struck down by אלהים God and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon him, and by his wounds we were healed. All of us have wandered about like sheep; we each have turned to his own way; and יהוה Yahweh let fall on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was brought like a lamb to the slaughter, and like a sheep is dumb before its shearers, so he did not open his mouth. He was taken by restraint of justice, and who concerned himself with his generation? For he was cut off from the land of the living; he received a blow because of the transgression of my people. He made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. Yet יהוה Yahweh was pleased to crush him; he made him sick. If she places his life a guilt offering, he will see offspring. He will prolong days, and the will of יהוה Yahweh will succeed in his hand. From the trouble of his life he will see; he will be satisfied. In his knowledge, the righteous one, my servant, shall declare many righteous, and he is the one who will bear their iniquities. Therefore, I will divide to him a portion among the many, and with the strong ones he will divide bounty, because he poured his life out to death and was counted with the transgressors; and he was the one who bore the sin of many and will intercede for the transgressors.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus posted:

To me, ongoing disbelieving words by @Wolfgang , @Bill_Coley , ... are verbal stones being thrown at Jesus, who still immensely ❤️Loves you and desires your repentance from disbelief sin & truly know Jesus as יהוה Lord. The man Jesus was/is/will be יהוה Lord, Righteous King of the Universe.

I respect and appreciate the authenticity of your faith, even when its focus and judgment is on me and my faith.

• Truth

Keep smiling nailed it.

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus

The Father's voice from did not describe Jesus as just a special Holy man sent from God, but said:

Matthew 3:17 LEB => "And behold, there was a voice from heaven saying, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.

Another very long winded fancy beating around a bush disregarding the plain and simple truth of Scripture.

In case you missed it => the Son of God is a human being, a man, born of a woman, as Scripture plainly states in plenty of places. You however want to tell us that the beloved "Son of God" is actually "God".

Just keep doing so ...

• @Truth Keep smiling nailed it.

Nailed what to where? He put up a many sweet talk fog" screen thereby actually disabling himself and others from seeing the simple plain truth. According to such ideas, Jesus was some kind of God parading Himself as a "man" by putting on (incarnating Himself, actually only part of Himself) "humanity appearance".

Keep smiling away ... you have the liberty to do so.

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus October 31

The Father's voice from did not describe Jesus as just a special Holy man sent from God, but said:

Matthew 3:17 LEB => "And behold, there was a voice from heaven saying, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.

@Wolfgang November 1 Another very long winded fancy beating around a bush disregarding the plain and simple truth of Scripture.

Simply missing from your reply is any Scripture supporting your God limitation faith belief ideas.

@Wolfgang November 1 In case you missed it => the Son of God is a human being, a man, born of a woman, as Scripture plainly states in plenty of places. You however want to tell us that the beloved "Son of God" is actually "God".

You miss יהוה Father identified יהוה Son Jesus being in family of אלהים God (only begotten Jesus is different from all other humans). יהוה Father is both the human physical & the Holy spiritual Father for Holy יהוה Jesus. Spirit inside יהוה Jesus remembered אלהים God's Glory (John 17:5) & אלהים God's Love (John 17:24) before One unique plural אלהים God created physical realm out of nothing. Spiritual quality of The Word inside the man Jesus was fully אלהים God (John 1:1-18). Completeness of One unique plural אלהים God is three voices: יהוה Father, יהוה Jesus, Breath The Holy (in ONE commUnity of ❤️Love), which is NOT three separate gods, but ONE unified spiritual God being. Different from humans created in the singular image of אלהים God is three distinct voices that can speak independently (❤️ Love One another) OR speak as ONE אלהים God. Hebrew verbal expression has 1st person in Exodus 3:14 shift to third person יהוה (meaning of יהוה appears in Revelation 4:8 as Hebrew verbs have no time element so Holy name identification is eternal existence => was/is/will be).

Logos Bible Search for "Jesus is God" OR "Jesus is NOT God" OR "God has one voice" finds in my Logos library:

Hebrews 5:8 CEV => Jesus is God’s own Son, but still he had to suffer before he could learn what it really means to obey God.

Acts 9:20 Christian Counselor's New Testament => Now right away he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is God’s Son.

1 John 4:13 Cotton Patch Gospel => The fact that he gave us his spirit assures us that we are in unity with him and he with us. And we ourselves have both experienced and are the evidence that the Father has sent his son to be mankind’s deliverer. Whenever one takes his stand on the fact that Jesus is God’s son, God is present in him and he in God. So we have both experienced, and based our lives on, the love that God has put in us.

1 John 4:15 The Bible for Everyone: A New Translation => Anyone who confesses that Jesus is God’s son, God abides in them and they abide in God.

1 John 4:15 Christian Counselor's New Testament => Whoever confesses that Jesus is God’s Son is one in whom God remains, and he in God.

1 John 4:15 CEB => If any of us confess that Jesus is God’s Son, God remains in us and we remain in God. We have known and have believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who remain in love remain in God and God remains in them.

1 John 4:15 The Message => Everyone who confesses that Jesus is God’s Son participates continuously in an intimate relationship with God. We know it so well, we’ve embraced it heart and soul, this love that comes from God.

1 John 4:15 REB => If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is God’s Son, God dwells in him and he in God.

1 John 5:5 The Bible for Everyone: A New Translation => Who is the one who conquers the world? Surely the one who believes that Jesus is God’s son!

1 John 5:5 Christian Counselor's New Testament => Who can defeat the world except those who believe that Jesus is God’s Son?

1 John 5:5 CEB => Who defeats the world? Isn’t it the one who believes that Jesus is God’s Son?

Did not find phrases "Jesus is NOT God" nor "God has one voice" in 1,023 Bible resources (am aware of several Bibles not available for Logos use).

@Wolfgang November 1 Just keep doing so ...

Appreciate encouragement to keep speaking/writing אלהים God's Truth in ❤️ Love using kind words.

@Bill_Coley I respect and appreciate the authenticity of your faith, even when its focus and judgment is on me and my faith.

Your faith wants to believe the man Jesus is really special, but not completely (sad dichotomy reminds me of Jewish religious leader scholars, who allowed their primary Love for God to be disrupted during their life journeys: they chose to Love something more than God => Matthew 23 Woes). Humanly am immensely Thankful for those who believed Jesus is יהוה Lord & never looked back so Hebrews 3:12 warning about rejecting redemption is rhetorical (did not happen in their life journeys so once saved was always saved). Sadly my life journey includes evil action choices that gave One Holy Righteous God reason to blot my name out of God's Book of Life in Holy Heaven. Thankful God's Faithful Love ❤️ Rejoices immensely when a lost sheep turns back to ❤️ Love God the most. Truly God does not desire any human to spend eternity separated from God's Holy Love ❤️. Each human chooses what to Love ❤️ most, which will be correctly judged by Holy יהוה Lord Jesus, Righteous King of the Universe.

🙏Praying for the One unique אלהים God to open eyes & hearts to truly appreciate יהוה Son Jesus along with magnitude of אלהים God's Love ❤️

Keep Smiling 😊

• Truth

You are unable to understand because you reject truth, are deceived, or something else. You have been presented with truth which is why I presume that you reject Christ.

Normally, I might take a gentler approach to a skeptic, but I do find some writers are not here for Christian Discourse, but to intentionally splatter their waste all over the walls of the sacred. I see a great many former posters have left these forums and I am seeing why.

Your comment about smiling seems acid laced. Am I misreading you or are you offended by smiling?

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2021

Simply missing from your reply is any Scripture supporting your God limitation faith belief ideas.

I do not limit God at all ... I just do not make Him out to be a "three-voices-choir" as you do 😉

PS As for scriptures missing ... you already provide them, but you don't notice that they support what I've written all along. Why should I repeat them again and again ??

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus November 1 Simply missing from your reply is any Scripture supporting your God limitation faith belief ideas.

@Wolfgang November 1 I do not limit God at all ... I just do not make Him out to be a "three-voices-choir" as you do 😉

If One Holy God had inspired only grammatically singular words to describe One Holy God, then my faith belief about One Holy God would agree with you. One Holy God inspired mixture of singular and plural words to describe One plural unified God. A human three voice choir singing harmonious parts can be beautifully unified while singing together, but are separate individuals at other times. One plural unique God is always unified in a wonderful commUnity of Love ❤️ (designed for humans to embrace & experience immensity of God's Love ❤️ while human beings remain being human❤️). Jewish Zohar is correct about three names for One Holy God being in Deuteronomy 6:4 => while praying to יהוה Father, יהוה Jesus remembered אלהים God's Glory (John 17:5) & אלהים God's Love ❤️ (John 17:24) before One unique plural אלהים God created physical realm out of nothing.

@Wolfgang November 1 PS As for scriptures missing ... you already provide them, but you don't notice that they support what I've written all along. Why should I repeat them again and again ??

Your human interpretation of Scripture does not provide Holy God inspired authority for me to consider changing my faith belief about the One plural unique God. In my life journey, the only words that have been always consistently faithful and true are Holy God's. Human words fall short.

Thankful for One Holy God planning a way to have one spiritual voice of God take on human flesh for the purpose of offering a Holy human body substitutionary sacrifice for our sins, which is the only way for sin-stained humans to believe (repent from sin) & receive Holy cleansing from God.

😭My own sinful choices and evil actions provide reason for me to weep 😭 while remembering a child being asked about crucifixion: if you had been the only one there as nails were to be driven into Jesus, what would you be doing ? 😭 my hands would have been furiously pounding nails into my יהוה Lord & friend Jesus, who died for my sin choices instead of me 😭 (words fail to convey intensity of my tears 😭).

Words also cannot express magnitude of Holy Fruit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Humility, Self-Control. ❤️🙏

Keep Smiling 😊

• If One Holy God had inspired only grammatically singular words to describe One Holy God, then my faith belief about One Holy God would agree with you. One Holy God inspired mixture of singular and plural words to describe One plural unified God.

Well, you are limiting God to your limited understanding of language ... and because your knowledge of figures of speech and certain use of words for particular emphasis is lacking, you put God in your "one plural unified God" box.

What you don't seem to realize that your words "one unified plural" actually show that you have plural God-persons/voices ... but NOT one God. Your God is a team, a family, a group, a choir, etc.