Just WHO is Christ?

A Godman? A "God-the-Son' instead of "the son of God"?

Just another Prophet?

Comments

• theMadJW
    theMadJW Posts: 168

I started this topic at another's request- and none will post?

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@theMadJW,

Could it be that everyone is aware of an existing thread, I suggested you visit: "Who is Jesus? --". This thread may have the answer to your question: "A Godman? A "God-the-Son' instead of "the son of God"? Just another Prophet?"

You, @theMadJW, said, "...instead of reading endless articles about what the Bible says-, even ignoring WTBS articles." Slow down, read widely, in the forums, and see what threads existed. This way when you post, you will be heard. Don't forget, "you can catch more bees with honey than you can with vinegar". Be nice, be kind, be informed, and you will be heard. It's the Jesus way. CM

PS. Anybody can be "mad", not everyone chooses to be sweet. CM

• @theMadJW June 8 A Godman? A "God-the-Son' instead of "the son of God"?

@theMadJW June 8 Just another Prophet?

@theMadJW June 8 <image with embedded text>

Please post your questions as simple text.

For topical question "Just WHO is Christ?" (Christ = Messiah = Moshiach), Jewish Chabad.org Moshiach 101 includes:

The Jewish messiah is a human being, a descendant of King David, who will lead the Jewish people back to the Land of Israel, where they serve G‑d in peace, leading the nations of the world in attaining an understanding of the Creator.

Prophecies about יהוה The Word being יהוה anointed King remain to be fulfilled: e.g. Psalm 2, Zechariah 9:10-17. John the Baptist was expecting יהוה The Messiah as יהוה conquering King, not the suffering servant described in Isaiah 52:13-53:12 & Psalm 22 whose Holy lamb sacrifice takes away the sins of the world. For by grace are you saved through faith: believe יהוה provided a Holy human blood substitute way for anyone who wants to turn from their sins by agreeing (confessing) with יהוה about their sins so יהוה will faithfully forgive + lovingly cleanse from unrighteousness.

Keep Smiling 😊

• theMadJW

I am nice, and I am "Mad"; others called me "crazy"!

• theMadJW

And YOU asked for another Topic other than "Who is Jesus?"...

• theMadJW

It's all a Rhetorical Question, anyhow!

• C Mc

@theMadJW ,

Are you for real? Why are you "nice and "mad"? Why are you called "crazy"? If you for real, how long have you been "nice", "mad", and "crazy"? What are you "nice", "mad", and "crazy" about? Do you find comfort in God's Word? If you're a follower of Christ, he didn't go around "mad" with people. I pray God helps you get over what's troubling you. CM

• theMadJW

I have called myself the MadJW- for churchoids (people that worship their church) look at me that way!

• Koine Greek Biblical text says:

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος. (John 1:1 SBLGNT)

In beginning was being The Word, and The Word was being with The God, and God was being The Word. (my literal translation) Thankful for "aha" moment when pondering past time Greek verb tenses, John 1:1 ἦν spelling of εἰμί (to be) is imperfect tense => continuous action in past time.

Phrase "God was being The Word" concisely expresses The Word quality was fully being God, but God entity was being more than The Word (applying Greek grammatical rule, known as Colwell's Construction). Hebrew word e-lo-HEEM אֱלֹהִ֜ים God is plural, which includes The Father, The Word, and Breath The Holy (Hebrew plural is a minimum of three as noun spelling also has dual: eyes, ears, ...).

Greek grammar implication is if John 1:1c phrase had been "The God was being The Word", then the text would say complete interchangeability, that is "The God = The Word", as illustrated by @theMadJW in June 9 graphic. To me, the graphic is blasphemy (curses God).

Καὶ ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο καὶ ἐσκήνωσεν ἐν ἡμῖν, καὶ ἐθεασάμεθα τὴν δόξαν αὐτοῦ, δόξαν ὡς μονογενοῦς παρὰ πατρός, πλήρης χάριτος καὶ ἀληθείας· (John 14:1 SBLGNT)

And The Word flesh became and lived among us, and we saw the glory of him, glory as only-begotten from the Father, full of grace and of truth: (my literal translation, includes "the" to show the object of a preposition)

To me, The Word (ὁ λόγος) is the simple answer to thread question: "Just WHO is Christ ?"

Keep Smiling 😊

• Forget fancy grammar "rulés" that some theologian came up with to "give linguistic explanation" for a trinitarian theology of John 1:1 .... keep it simple instead.

What does the text state? The text in v.1 is not about "God" but about "word" !! The subject is therefore not "God" but "word" ... IT (that word) later became flesh ... in other words, it was word concerning a promised human being which became reality when that promised man was conceived and born.

Linguistically, the expression "the word was God" / "God was the Word" involves a figure of speech by which emphasis is put on the truth that this was God's word .... sort of like if I say the drama was Shakespeare or the music was Mozart.

Simple and plain truth ... why do folks always seem to want to make something theological, philosophical, mystical and complicate out of God's simple truth as stated in the text itself??

• theMadJW

Because their imagination gets the 'best' of them....

• C Mc

@theMadJW,

The late Maya Angelou, an American poet, memoirist, and civil rights activist, said:

"When a man tells you who he is...believe him.

I believe you. CM

• theMadJW

Well, anyone but Christ, as usual....

• C Mc

@Wolfgang said:

"Simple and plain truth ... why do folks always seem to want to make something theological, philosophical, mystical and complicate out of God's simple truth as stated in the text itself??"

@theMadJW responded to the post above:

Because their imagination gets the 'best' of them....

My (@C Mc) response:

Here is the plain truth about Jesus from the Scriptures:

• He will be a pillar for you in any situation.
    • He is a loving Creator (John 1:1-14).
    • Our Eternal God (Col.1:16, 17).
    • Our Divine-Human Savior (Isa. 7:14)
    • Our sinless Life-Giver (Isa. 60:1-20)
    • Our Substitute (2 Cor. 5:21)
    • Our for­giving Lord (Rom. 5:8).
    • Our sympathetic Intercessor (Heb. 4:14-16).
    • Our ever­ present Savior (Matt. 28:20).

No-fuss, no mess, Jesus is Lord! CM

• the_MadJw
    the_MadJw Posts: 56

All true but you mean it differently from the Bible.

Do you REALLY believe that Jesus taught THAT?

themadjw.weebly.com

253-652-4443