50 U. S. Servicemen with traumatic brain injuries/Veterans group demands apology

2»

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Wolfgang,

Why are you so obsessed with Obama? Trump is the US President. Your own words make one think it's a race thing:

"... I am not working anything out about Kennedy, Ford, Truman or Trump (just to name a few other presidents)".

If you're talking about war, Johnson/Nixon in Vietnam. 58,000 Americans alone, died. Have you visited its Memorial Wall? What about the Korean War; the Bay of Pigs" by Kennedy, etc.?

So, get over your Obama-neurosis. His presidency is in the past! Why can't you see the current mess-up, Trump, before you? Why it seems that Obama (past US President) is living rent-free in your head? CM

• Why are you so obsessed with Obama? Trump is the US President. Your own words make one think it's a race thing:

"... I am not working anything out about Kennedy, Ford, Truman or Trump (just to name a few other presidents)".

I am not obsessed with any of those US Presidents as I regard them of equally influenced by powers behind the scenes and mere "occupants of the White House" ... But I am very astonished how USA citizens and such folks as you are totally "either elephant or donkey" sided influenced and seemingly approve of and commend the war crimes of one president as "good" while fuming hate speech at a president of the other political "animal" (party) ... such as you constantly do.

By the way, YOU are the one who appears to have the "racist" problem in your head, why else would you come up with such a stupid comment as the one above?

• C Mc

Wolfgang,

Your statement above is an unfair projection on me, but who's counting? I am not an "elephant or donkey" Party member. Whatever it means. Besides, I don't speak for the U. S. A, like I don't for Germany. However, I can discern patterns and hold up a mirror to its history. Is something inherently wrong to look at the current U S President? CM

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Notice I was not quoting you. I was replying to @C_M_ so I guess, by your definition, you are an idiot. :p

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed posted:

How do you work out Trump sympathizing with dictators? And he allowed America's enemy to injure service men and women? How do you work that one out? Idiot.

@Wolfgang posted:

.... The Idiot is not me but the one who perhaps is not reading what others wrote and instead is reading his own fantasy into what others wrote?

Here's an option: Asserted identifications of "idiots" don't belong in forums among whose expectations is that participants will "criticize ideas, not people."

And @reformed, by my math you posted your "idiot" epithet to CM three minutes after writing this reply to him in the "The History of the Second Amendment" thread: "And instead of providing sources you engage in ad hominem.... "

I would have been more impressed had you restrained your hypocrisy for at least five minutes.

• C Mc

Reformed,

Do you have respect for anyone? It's clearly seen that Bill, whom I have differences, is not a child. Why must you be so unkind needlessly? Your "stupid cow" phrase targeted at Bill or anyone is unacceptable in these forums. These words shouldn't come out of the mouth of an, supposedly, adult Christian. Any casual reader can see that your words were forced (or from the lips) of one who is out of control. If you can't exercise more considerable restraint in word choices, it may be necessary for you to take a timeout or self-suspend from these forums.

If its attention you want, you have it. If you're going to leave these forums, do so. However, you don't have to resort to infantile verbiage and behaviors or contaminate the readers with unchristian miasma. We would all be grateful if you would put forth more significant efforts to make these forums a pleasant place for all to come and be blessed.

I am appealing to your higher-self under the influence of Christ and His Word (the Bible), short of seeking a collective consensus to have your usage and privileges removed from CD. It's with great pain that I must contemplate this action. Please consider this admonishment, with all seriousness, given impending actions of convening the current posters and the Chairman, Jan, of CD. This is not a threat! It's a required step your repeated behavior has warranted regardless, time and frequency, of advisements.

Please consider the content of this poster with all seriousness. We would love to have you remain in the "Brotherhood of CD Posters.

Sincerely, CM

• Bill_Coley

@C_M_ posted:

Reformed,

Do you have respect for anyone? It's clearly seen that Bill, whom I have differences, is not a child. Why must you be so unkind needlessly? Your "stupid cow" phrase targeted at Bill or anyone is unacceptable in these forums. ...

CM, while I respect and appreciate the passion behind your objections to @reformed's "stupid cow" post, I encourage you to rethink the utility of your efforts to effect change.

Sometimes discussion forum posts reveal the true nature and character of the people who write them; such is the case with @reformed's "stupid cow" post. That's who he is. NOT a "stupid cow"! But rather a poster who thinks it's okay to call fellow posters "stupid cows" and "idiots" and.... That's both who he is and who he's always going to be. Yes, as you pointed out in another thread, there was a time when he pledged to change his posting ways - to limit his name-calling to "situations of false teachers as Christ did" - but that pledge was not who he is; the "stupid cow" post was.

As Maya Angelou famously said, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." Through his many posts seasoned with insults and name-calling, @reformed has done just that. So while I applaud your passion in this matter, I encourage you to direct it to more realistic pursuits.

• C Mc
    edited February 2020

Fellow Posters,

In Bill's recent post, he stated:

CM, ... I encourage you to rethink the utility of your efforts to effect change. 

Sometimes discussion forum posts reveal the true nature and character of the person...That's who he is. NOT a "stupid cow"! But rather a poster who thinks it's okay to call fellow posters "stupid cows" and "idiots" and.... That's both who he is and who he's always going to be. Yes, as you pointed out in another thread, there was a time when he pledged to change his posting ways - to limit his name-calling to "situations of false teachers as Christ did" - but that pledge was not who he is; the "stupid cow" post was. 

As Maya Angelou famously said, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." Through his many posts seasoned with insults and name-calling, @reformed has done just that. So while I applaud your passion in this matter, I encourage you to direct it to more realistic pursuits.

If a scintilla of Bill's post, above, is accurate and he is absolutely, positively correct:

1. Must we put up with Reformed's behavior in these forums?
    2. Better yet, must we keep silent?

Do we become prisoners of Mr. Reformed's literary epithets, some silent readers call, "Kosher or Christian-cussing"? If so, how long? Does Mr. Reformed's insatiable appetite to name-call at will, trump's our rights to peaceful and respectful exchanges in these forums? If so, when? I remain. CM

• reformed

Why don't you focus on actual issues? You know, attack ideas not people? Isn't that what you and Bill trumpoet? Yet you seem obsessed with me.

• Bill_Coley

@reformed posted:

Why don't you focus on actual issues? You know, attack ideas not people? Isn't that what you and Bill trumpoet? Yet you seem obsessed with me.

I "trumpet" criticizing ideas not people for two reasons: 1) these forums' founding post asked me to; 2) Jesus commanded me to treat others the way I want to be treated (Matthew 7.12) and told me the way I judge others will determine the way I am judged (Matthew 7.2).

From the content of our respective posts over the years, it's not clear to me that either of those reasons is as compelling to you as it is to me.

• reformed

Oh I would venture to say you are just like me. You just are passive aggressive.

• Bill_Coley

@reformed posted:

Oh I would venture to say you are just like me. You just are passive aggressive.

No. There may well be several ways in which we are alike, but the style, content, and intent of our posts are not among them.

You will look long, hard, and without success for ANY post in which I have called you or any other poster an "idiot," a "stupid cow," or anything of the sort. You, on the other hand, include some form of nasty commentary about a person - a fellow poster or someone outside the forums - in a significant percentage of your posts, the most recent example being your labeling Greta Thunberg, the global climate change activist whom I can't imagine you've ever met, a "brainwashed" and "abused child" - how ridiculous and immaterial to the issue of climate change.

Now I HAVE posted intentionally biting and sarcastic ridicule in response to your posts, but that ridicule has ALWAYS been directed at the content of your posts, never at you. You claim and I believe you to be a follower of Jesus, and yet you called a fellow believer a "stupid cow" in an online Christian forum? That's the vocabulary of a seventh grader's juvenile playground tantrum, not a follower of Jesus's faithful and Spirit-fueled wisdom. Such a comment, directed at ANYONE, let alone a fellow poster in a Christian forum, DESERVES to be ridiculed. I can't imagine you'd want your children (if you have any) to call people they disagree with "stupid cows." I can't imagine you'd want YOURSELF to be called a "stupid cow" by someone who disagreed with you.

A serious question: Does your practice of calling people who disagree with you names such as "idiot" and "stupid cow" reflect the Golden Rule for you? That is, does the fact that you call others those names when they disagree with you mean that you want others to call you such names when they disagree with you?

And I'm "passive aggressive"? No. I am quite direct with my assertions of fact, with the rationale and evidence for my arguments, and QUITE direct with my sarcastic ridicule of the childish content of many of your posts. I've tried telling you to change your ways. You even pledged to do so - a pledge I actually believed when you made it, but that you obviously have failed to keep. So in my view, my only option is to ridicule the adolescent content of your posts. NOT your views on issues! But the name-calling, which even the "stupid cows" among us know has no place in these forums.