The History of the Second Amendment

C Mc
C Mc Posts: 4,463
edited February 2020 in News & Current Events

Guns were made to kill! The second Amendment is as mean as I stated it in another post recently, "The NRA Is At It Again: Guns, Guns, Guns in Va". [https://www.christiandiscourse.net/discussion/763/the-nra-is-at-it-again-guns-guns-guns-in-va#latest]. A fellow poster took issue when I cited historical facts for the genesis of The second Amendment:

"'The framers wanted citizens to have weapons of war'" to protect their slave-importing/holding, treaty breaking, Indian-killing, to establish colonialism...History know this is the unadulterated truth! This is the "whole purpose of the 2nd" Amendment.

Once again, here it is in questions and answers format. The voice of history is so loud on the subject matter, a deaf man can hear. I further stated:

"... an added reason why guns ("Second Amendment") made it into law-- fear of revenge, nasty deeds, and greed holding on to ill-gotten gains.

You say, "where is the beef" (Proof)? What was the original intent of the Second Amendment?

"The amendment was ratified by the States and authenticated by Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson as: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

Why did the Founding Fathers create the Second Amendment?

The Second Amendment was created so that the states could form militias or armies to destroy insurrections or slave rebellions because the federal government had no standing military for a long time. The Founding Fathers were frightened by a standing army, because they feared coups.

What is the exact wording of the Second Amendment?

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Such language has created considerable debate regarding the Amendment's intended scope.

The Second Amendment was birth "to destroy insurrections or slave rebellions"! The then, U. S. Government was in stalk violation of God's will and commands. She held men slaves when God made them free. Who is the "animal" and the "savage"?  The Second Amendment is a memorial of greed, EVIL, hate, slavery, oppression, FEAR, and religious hypocrisy.

America, your soul is black within, and your hands are bloody! From a purely historical point of view, what race of people supported the slave-trade industry, made laws to maintain control, and solid the "land of freedom" with the blood of Native Americans and African slaves? The number killed far exceeded the six million Jews killed during the Holocaust. The cry of justice can still be heard today.

Please don't get mad with me. Get rid of the Second Amendment and don't support the NRA. America, break with the sins of the past. God called you into existence to be a blessing to all, not just the land and gun owners. CM

• "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

SOURCE:

Comments