The NRA Is At It Again: Guns, Guns, Guns in Va.

2»

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Tanks, Bazookas, I have no problem with. Chemical/Nuclear I do have a problem with because people would not be able to actually keep those safely and the dangers of those weapons are far too great.

Personally, I believe that any weapon that can be issued to a normal infantryman should be open game for citizens to own according to the 2nd Amendment. Granted, that standard alone would throw tanks out, but I don't see a problem with someone having a tank.

At least I am consistent, right Bill?

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed posted:

Tanks, Bazookas, I have no problem with. Chemical/Nuclear I do have a problem with because people would not be able to actually keep those safely and the dangers of those weapons are far too great.

Personally, I believe that any weapon that can be issued to a normal infantryman should be open game for citizens to own according to the 2nd Amendment. Granted, that standard alone would throw tanks out, but I don't see a problem with someone having a tank.

At least I am consistent, right Bill?

Your views have indeed been consistent on issues concerning firearms and the Second Amendment's protection of Americans' right to bear them. I honor your consistency, but remind you that consistency is not a virtue if, as I contend is the case with your views, one is consistently wrong.

I breathe a bit easier knowing that you're not ready to give people access to nukes (and possibly tanks) but in my view, a citizenry armed with machine guns and bazookas, as your views permit, would create a culture our founders could not possibly have envisioned or of which they would not have conceivably approved for the nation to which they gave birth.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463
    edited February 2020

Reformed,

You may want to re-think your statement above. The facts show otherwise of your so-called "Law abiding citizens".

Police-involved killings are among the highest-profile incidents in criminal justice. The Brooklyn Eagle has compiled a list of the people in Brooklyn killed by police since Eric Garner’s July 2014 death — and where those cases stand when known.

The list highlights the widely varying circumstances in which police have killed people in Brooklyn, from cops returning fire when shot at by suspects, to shootings of unarmed men, to circumstances including a drunk, off-duty cop who ran over and killed an MIT student.

The article further states...

• Police had not killed anyone in Brooklyn since April 2018, an almost year-and-a-half stretch that ended when officers shot a man to death Sept. 2 in a backyard shootout.
    • Unlike Garner’s case, every person killed by police in Brooklyn has been shot to death, except for one off-duty officer who ran someone over and killed him.
    • Three Brooklyn officers have been fired for killing people in Brooklyn. The NYPD declined to comment on internal investigations. 
    • In one case, cops shot and killed a man whose help they had enlisted to break down a door to get to another suspect.
    • In a two-week span in 2016, police killed four men in Brooklyn.
    • No women have been killed by police in Brooklyn during the time span.

Here are the names. You can read the details for yourself (https://brooklyneagle.com/articles/2019/09/09/killed-by-cops-list/):

1. Francisco Carvajal and Rafael Laureano -- Sep. 29, 2014.
    2. Denis Volchkin -- Oct. 3, 2014
    3. Akai Gurley -- Nov. 20, 2014
      1. Both Liang and his partner, Shaun Landau, , and the city paid out .
    4. Dalton Branch -- May 26, 2015
    5. Oleg Tcherniak -- June 18, 2015
    6. Delrawn Small -- July 4, 2016
      1. The officer was suspended with pay, and  ... A federal lawsuit against the NYPD and Officer Isaacs is pending.
    7. Orville Edwards -- July 11, 2016
    8. Andrew Esquivel -- July 16, 2016
      1. Esquivel was run over by a drunk, off-duty cop in Williamsburg by Officer Nicholas Batka, who was  just days after the incident. Batka received five to 15 years in prison for the drunk driving crash, after pleading guilty to charges.
    9. Jermaine Johnson -- July 17, 2016
    10. Erickson Gomez Brito -- Nov. 19, 2016
    11. James Owens -- Jan. 3, 2017
    12. Joshua Martino -- Jan. 4, 2017
    13. Kadeem Torres -- Feb. 16, 2017
    14. Sergio Reyes -- Feb. 19, 2017
    15. Dwayne Jeune -- July 31, 2017
      1. Jeune’s family sued the city for $20 million,  to deal with an emotionally disturbed person. That lawsuit is pending. Officer Miguel Gonzalez, who shot Jeune, was  as of 2018.
    16. William Simon -- March 5, 2018
    17. Saheed Vassell -- April 4, 2018
    18. Brandon Clayton -- Sep. 2, 2019
      1. Police shot and killed Brandon Clayton ... An NYPD officer faced criticism after being  “there’s one less a–hole to sue us” while watching a recording of the shooting.
    19. Kwesi Ashun -- Oct. 25, 2019
      1. He was urinating on the floor in the middle of the nail salon. Ashun had a history of mental health issues and was bipolar.
    20. Nasheem Prioleau -- Oct. 15, 2019
      1. Prioleau’s family believes the police used .

Mr. Reformed, Guns were made to kill, even in the hands, of so-called, "Law abiding citizens" [cops]. Real people killed at the hands of cops.

Need more:

Once again, Reformed, your statement or "interesting standard" needs to be place on the anvil of truth and beaten into reality, to keep one from calling you a liar or missed informed. On its face, your statement could be perceived as adding additional pain to the families lost loved ones. CM

• reformed

That is your opinion Bill. I firmly believe the framers wanted citizens to have weapons of war. Why? That was the whole purpose of the 2nd.

• C Mc

Reformed,

"The framers wanted citizens to have weapons of war" to protect their slave-importing/holding, treaty breaking, Indian-killing, to establish colonialism. Anyone with an Elementary School knowledge of America History know this is the unadulterated truth! This is the "whole purpose of the 2nd" Amendment.

Believe it or not, it all started with name-calling. e.g. "savages", uncivilized", "animals", "property", "Ape",  "Bluegum",  "Buck" -- a black person or Native American, "Burrhead / Burr-head / Burr head", "Smoked Irishman", "Chink" -- (U.S.) a derogatory term for those of East Asian descent; "Coolie" -- (North America) unskilled Asian laborer; "Gook", etc.

Name-calling sets the stage to devaluate a people or a nation, especially, its leader. Thereby, justified killing. Unfortunately, innocent women and children. The "Second Amendment", in my view is rooted in evil and America's sins of past. Even today, think of all the countries [Vietnam, Japan, Iraq, Syria, Panama, etc] America fought in the past, what names were they call before bombing?

Guns were made to kill. CM

• reformed

CM that is just ignorant. They wanted weapons of war to protect against Tyranny. You have no idea what you are talking about as usual.

• C Mc
    edited February 2020

@reformed said:

"They wanted weapons of war to protect against Tyranny".

Mr. Reformed,

Do you know what the word, "tyranny" means?

It means "a nation under cruel and oppressive government; cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control".

They were in charge. They took over the Native American land (The True Americans). They made up the laws and rules to keep what they have stolen. This is why they needed guns. They raped, displaced, lied, murdered, broke treaties, and enslaved. Do you really believe Pocahontas was a Native American woman from the tributary tribes in the Tsenacommacah, encompassing the Tidewater region of Virginia associated with the colonial settlement at Jamestown was out of love and voluntary? Wake up!

Even later, do you believe Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings were lovers and bore children? Sarah "Sally" Hemings was an enslaved woman of mixed race owned by President Thomas Jefferson. She was unofficially freed—or “given her time”—by Jefferson's daughter Martha after his death.

Who was Sally Hemings' Father? John Wayles was a planter, slave trader and lawyer in the Virginia Colony. He is historically best known as the father-in-law of Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States. Wayles was married three times, from which eleven children were born. Only five of them lived to adulthood. Hemings was a child of rape. This is an added reason why guns ("Second Amendment") made it into law-- fear of revenge, nasty deeds, and greed holding on to ill-gotten gains.

Trump is just a microcosm of America's dark past. Anathema be the second Amendment! CM

PS. Do American schools teach U. S. History?

• reformed

None of that has to do with the 2nd. Good grief, back to your race baiting ways I see.

• C Mc

Reformed,

Reconsider your conclusion of my posts. I am merely holding up a mirror to America's past. I nor my posts are "race-baiting". I want to believe, in your deeper heart, you know your recent new phase is an exaggeration. If you would step back, history texts will affirm, to my dismay, what I posted. I don't hate America. I dislike her ways. CM

• I don't hate America. I dislike her ways. CM

well well ... at times when I have written things rather critical of USA ways, it was often met with something like "Here we go again, We alreadyy know, you hate America." 😥

• reformed

You are linking things that are not linkable, just like you did with the NRA rally. EVERYTHING with you has to do with race. That's why I call you a race baiter. You are racist.

• C Mc

Wolfgang,

You know better than saying such. What proof you have I "hate America"? None! Why would you say that? You broke my heart. No one else in CD believe such. You're a first. You, too, may need to review your conclusion.

When I post "Here we go again...", you were blaming the peace-loving Jews or Israel. They have suffered enough!

As for Trump, he's a mess-up and a disappointment, independent of me. I can't be an American and hold up a mirror to her past and connect the dots to her present behaviors? Besides, you criticized Trump and America. Does this means you "hate America"? I don't know.

Let's stay focused. It's guns in America, supported by the NRA. CM

• You know better than saying such. What proof you have I "hate America"? None! Why would you say that? You broke my heart. No one else in CD believe such. You're a first. You, too, may need to review your conclusion.

I did not claim or that you hate America, I pointed out that in the past when I - Wolfgang - have written critical things about USA, others here have replied with such as I mentioned and accusing me - Wolfgang - of hating America

• C Mc

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Just watch your conspiracy theories, going forward. Be at peace. CM

• C Mc

Mr. Reformed,

Your thoughts and proposed suggestions above, appears to be void of sincerity and commonsense. Especially, since I pointed out the Second Amendment is flawed and was established to protect ill-gotten gains. The days of colonialism over "People-of-Color" and "Native Americans" are gone. Away with guns and the idea of "tanks"! The only people who wants the old days are those were carrying tiki torches, shouting, "the Jews will not replace us". Are you a sympathizer of them? I hope you're not one of them?

So, depart with all guns and weapons of war. Treat all men as God created them, "free moral agents" and pay people a decent wage for labor. The latter sins are stains on America's soul. CM

• reformed

All you pointed out was an absurdity with no actual source information.

• C Mc

All you pointed out was an absurdity with no actual source information.

You have been slimmed by Trump. You, Reformed, supposedly enclosed in you right mind said:

Tanks, Bazookas, I have no problem with... Personally, I believe that any weapon that can be issued to a normal infantryman should be open game for citizens to own according to the 2nd Amendment... I don't see a problem with someone having a tank.

Reformed, If I didn't know you were trolling Bill, someone would class you as stock-raving mad! A military tank, with live ammunition, "locked and loaded" in the driveway of every home in the neighborhood who wants one? And you called, what I said above, "an absurdity with no actual source information"?

Reformed, history stands at the base of my points above. Foolishness, pure "absurdity," a lack of commonsense and practicality forms the foundation of your thoughts on guns and the Second Amendment. Your thoughts on the subject matter are more befitting of a man who habitually consumes alcohol twenty-three hours of the twenty-four-hour day. Get a grip! CM

• reformed

I wasn't trolling, I was being totally serious. And it is pretty rich that you don't like my name-calling yet you go on these tirades as if it were any different...