Finally A Gun Owner!

reformed
reformed Posts: 3,176

I am very excited. I inherited a rifle owned by my wife's grandfather. It's only a .22 but this is exciting!

I had deep respect for my wife's grandfather. I never knew either of my biological grandfathers so he was the only grandfather I ever had. To have something of his that was so special to him means a lot!

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@reformed said:

I am very excited. I inherited a rifle owned by my wife's grandfather. It's only a .22 but this is exciting! I had deep respect for my wife's grandfather. I never knew either of my biological grandfathers so he was the only grandfather I ever had. To have something of his that was so special to him means a lot!

So, What's the point? Are you considering should you become a gun owner? Until you do, remember, it costs to be sentimental. If you just want to have something from the family of your "wife's grandfather", a compromise, could be, make the gun inoperable--solder the hammer or trigger, like they did the cannon and balls in an area called the Green", near "South Battery", in Charleston, S. C. Be yet, select something else, he owned.

Guns were made to kill. An old gun can kill, as dead a person, like a late model one could. When we know better, we do better. CM

PS. I am sure you appreciate my cooler, gentler, response and compromise. 😉 CM

• reformed

No @C_M_ I AM a gun owner now. I plan on using the gun as well I would never make it inoperable. Why would I do that? That's an absurd and ridiculous suggestion.

• C Mc

Mr. Reformed,

What would you use this gun for? To kill people in the gentleman's honor? Or kill God beautiful creatures? Would you use it to scare, threaten, or take what doesn't belong to you? Would you do target practice? For what purpose, to kill or to hit what? Where will you keep it? Would you keep it loaded? What would a Christian do with a gun? Why would you expose your family to this dangerous weapon of war? Have you not read my many posts on guns? Do you know that...

Guns were made to kill! CM

PS. What kind of Reform are you, Reformed? CM

• reformed

Such ridiculous fear-mongering.

I will use it for several things.

1. Defense
    2. Hunt (for food, not sport)
    3. Target Practice

I will keep it in my house.

Yes, I have read your over-the-top posts about guns that have no basis in reality.

• C Mc

Guns were made to kill (people or animals). All other reasons are to justify killing or to do it with greater skills. There is no getting around this.

For the Christian, if you're not a member of the militia, remove all guns (weapon of war/killing machines) from your household or ownership. Don't support manufactures-of-death. This one point where all of us and Christians, in general, can agree. What says ye? CM

• reformed

If you are not a member of the militia? Why? Name one verse that compels me to remove guns. You won't find one. No this is not a point where Christians agree, only liberal Christians or over-pacifists.

There is nothing wrong with killing animals for food by the way. We see that in Scripture all the time.