First Lady (on Capitol riot): An Enabler, Complicit or Speaking Too Little, Too Late ?

Melania Trump breaks silence on Capitol riot, decries ‘salacious gossip’ about her. [Read the full article].

First lady Melania Trump broke her silence on the storming of the U.S. Capitol last week by a mob of rioters with a statement defending herself against what she called “salacious gossip,” while seemingly accepting election results. 

In a lengthy statement titled “Our Path Forward” posted Monday morning to the official White House website, Trump, denounced violence and urged Americans to “rise above what divides us.” She said her “heart goes out to” the people who died at or after the riot…

• First of all, to whom is she speaking?
  • Does it matter?
  • Frankly, who cares?

“I am disappointed and disheartened with what happened last week,” Melania Trump said. “I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me – from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda. This time is solely about healing our country and its citizens. It should not be used for personal gain.”

She’s doing what most of her husband’s supporters are doing, blaming something or someone else. Her speech is about as irrelevant as her husband to the American people at this point. What she claims others have done to her is husband’s bread and butter of daily living. This is why her words are like a hollow metal drum with the top and bottom cut out lying on its side.

If she had something relevant to say, I doubt if her husband would allow her to say it or promptly. Is she a prisoner in the White House? Is Melania an enabler to Mr. Trump’s behaviors? Mr. Trump encouraged violence at his rallies before and doing his time in office.

The children in the cages, where was her voice? Why did she encourage mother and children to wear a mask to slow the spread of the Covid-19 Virus? Why didn’t she raise her voice about the senseless police shootings? Melania, at best, in my opinion, is complicit at best. At worst, she’s was ineffective, as a First Lady, in supporting mothers and children when it was in her powers

Melania Trump lived in the House Freedom, but frankly, was she free? CM

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

You are deranged.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

A response to the last post (Mr. Reformed) in this thread, see: https://www.christiandiscourse.net/discussion/883/vp-pence-coward-or-crazy-as-a-fox#latest

As for my last post in this thread, let me begin by correcting the previous sentence:

Melania Trump lived in the House Freedom, but frankly, was she free? CM

Correction: Melania Trump lived in the House of Freedom, but frankly, was she free? 

And now, the House of Freedom is freed of her. Melania’s leaving and not welcoming the new “First Lady” affirms my remarks above of her. Melania goes classless without the lease courtesy to Dr. Jill Biden. Is she rude, or has she never been taught this grace? Was this her decision to leave like a “snake from under a rock” into the bushes of Mara-la-go (FL)? Or, is this the action of her controlling husband (Donald J. Trump)? The Obamas didn’t treat her this way. I guess this is her “passive-aggressive” way of addressing things.

Melania Trump is a poor example for women, students, and children. Not just for them, but what a bad public-historical example she left for her son? I guess it is fitting to say, “Birds of a feather flocks together.” On second thought, why should anyone expect different from her? Melania's unkindness is just one more example of the hollowness of her “Be Best” Incentives. CM 

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

They left without greeting because Biden is not legitimate.