Gen Z: Another Barna Group research project

I love what the Barna Group does to help us understand the culture in which the Church resides. Among the Group's latest foci are so-called Generation Z'ers, people born in 1999-2015. THIS SUMMARY focuses on teenagers, the leading edge of the "next generation."

To launch a discussion, I offer the following chart from the article and ask you to respond to it. What stands out to you? What surprises you? What disappoints/encourages you? What actions, if any, does the chart prompt you to recommend to the Body of Christ if it is to respond both constructively and faithfully to the needs and challenges the chart communicates?

Comments

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

This is interesting, but I'd really like to know MORE about the demographics of those in the poll. Did they grow up in church etc...

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

@Bill_Coley said:
    I love what the Barna Group does to help us understand the culture in which the Church resides. Among the Group's latest foci are so-called Generation Z'ers, people born in 1999-2015. THIS SUMMARY focuses on teenagers, the leading edge of the "next generation."

To launch a discussion, I offer the following chart from the article and ask you to respond to it. What stands out to you? What surprises you? What disappoints/encourages you? What actions, if any, does the chart prompt you to recommend to the Body of Christ if it is to respond both constructively and faithfully to the needs and challenges the chart communicates?

Thanks for the interesting post. I believe it reflects the mind-set of our age. I recently told my wife, and she agreed with me, that if it wasn't for the inner experience of Christ in our hearts, we would have thrown in the sponge a long time ago. That, and the independent study of God's word is my only anchor.