Diseases of the Bible

Please list the diseases of the Bible? Were these diseases of the people or God's curse upon them? Were there a pandemic in the Old or New Testament times? What are the differences a disease and a plague? CM

Tagged:

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

A general search of the Bible are passages on diseases:

• Jeremiah 33:6 - Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.
    • Psalms 103:3 - Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
    • Psalms 107:20 - He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered [them] from their destructions.
    • Exodus 23:25 - And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
    • 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 - And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.    (Read More...)
    • Proverbs 17:22 - A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
    • Psalms 103:2-4 - Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:    (Read More...)
    • Mark 5:26 - And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
    • Psalms 116:8 - For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, [and] my feet from falling.
    • Exodus 15:26 - And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I [am] the LORD that healeth thee.
    • Isaiah 53:4-5 - Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.    (Read More...)
    • 2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
    • 2 Chronicles 16:12 - And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease [was] exceeding [great]: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.
    • 1 John 3:8 - He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    • Psalms 21:4 - He asked life of thee, [and] thou gavest [it] him, [even] length of days for ever and ever.

Do you have other texts or would like to expand on any above? CM

SOURCE: https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Diseases/