Hitler, al-Husseini, Facebook, and the attempt to censor historic truth

This is a historical photo of Adolph Hitler in a casual conversation with Amin al-Husseini, the grand mufti of Jerusalem at the time.

It is a famous historical photo that can be found on Wikipedia, the US Holocaust Memorial Museum website, Time Magazine, the National Library of Israel etc.

In a recent video David Wood stated that he had been banned on Facebook for sharing this photo (the interesting part starts at position 2:18).

I tried it. I shared the photo on Facebook. A few hours later, I received a warning, and the post was removed. (No ban though. The fact that I have a FB business account with an active campaign on it might have saved me.)

Frankly, FB's attempt to censor historical truth is appaling. Does truth hurt so much that they don't want their users to make the connection between Nazism and Islamism...? Shame on Facebook!!!

Comments

• it is not so much FB, but the current Western politics - which in Germany - has made it law, that FB censor what is deemed not "politically correct" and delete it, ban accounts, etc. under threat of heavy penalty payments. Just recently the EU puppet parliament voted in favor of the next step of censorship, disguised as supposedly providing more protection for copyright owners .... Good night or perhaps good bye to liberty and freedom of speech

• Jan
    Jan Posts: 301

Western politics have certainly paved the way for random censorship, but the actual decision what is deemed "hate speech" lies with Facebook. And since FB is closely allied, for example, with the Pakistani government, all censorship is sharia compliant.