Collins Will Vote TO CONFIRM Kavanaugh

Susan Collins, an important swing vote in the Kavanaugh Confirmation, said she will vote to confirm just now on the Senate Floor.

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Manchin is also voting yes. WE HAVE THE VOTES. Justice prevails.

• reformed

As they say "Truth will out"

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited October 2018

Anyone count all the confident, angry prophecies on the forums here that were false?

C_M_ says "the sky is watching" or something like that. Rather it seems, God is in control... can evil man prevail against Him?

• reformed

I have noticed the liberals have been silent here since the announcement...

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:

I looked up "trolling" in an online dictionary, reformed. It offered a rather commonplace definition, then asked visitors to "See below." I scrolled down the page a bit, and lo and behold, there was a screen shot of your post.

Small world, isn't it?

• GaoLu

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

I looked up "trolling" in an online dictionary, reformed. It offered a rather commonplace definition, then asked visitors to "See below." I scrolled down the page a bit, and lo and behold, there was a screen shot of your post.

Small world, isn't it?

THAT is your response? Well, at least you did your very best.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

Small world, isn't it?

Funny... Are you a sore loser?

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:

I'm certainly a practitioner of snark and sarcasm, but I didn't offer my last post for laughs. I offered it because your previous post's curiosity about the silence of liberals in this thread since Collins' announcement so obviously conformed to the provocation element of trolling's definition. I suppose I also offered my post in silent tribute to the irony of such trolling coming from posters (e.g. you and Gao Lu) who've all but created a cottage industry in these forums of accusing others of the practice.

Am I a "sore loser"? If by "sore" you mean disgusted and disheartened by the apparent outcome, then yes. But I am also convinced that Kavanaugh's appointment to the Court will add more midterm elections votes for Democratic candidates across the country than it will votes for Republican candidates because, in my view, the high GOP voter enthusiasm numbers reported in recent polls will not sustain at their current levels for another four weeks once those voters have the result that fueled their enthusiasm.

One encouraging observation to offer about this sad and dis-spiriting day: I think it will bless the nation when the outcome of a vote tied to Donald Trump results in the option with the most popular votes actually winning.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

I'm certainly a practitioner of snark and sarcasm, but I didn't offer my last post for laughs. I offered it because your previous post's curiosity about the silence of liberals in this thread since Collins' announcement so obviously conformed to the provocation element of trolling's definition. I suppose I also offered my post in silent tribute to the irony of such trolling coming from posters (e.g. you and Gao Lu) who've all but created a cottage industry in these forums of accusing others of the practice.

Well, it was pointing out the irony that you (liberals) have no loss of words when putting false accusations against Kavanaugh and talking about how he is unfit and won't be confirmed, etc. Then when it happens, silence. If that makes it trolling, then so be it.

Am I a "sore loser"? If by "sore" you mean disgusted and disheartened by the apparent outcome, then yes. But I am also convinced that Kavanaugh's appointment to the Court will add more midterm elections votes for Democratic candidates across the country than it will votes for Republican candidates because, in my view, the high GOP voter enthusiasm numbers reported in recent polls will not sustain at their current levels for another four weeks once those voters have the result that fueled their enthusiasm.

Polls show it is actually energizing Republicans, not Democrats. You are right, it may not last but I hope it does. People hopefully are seeing that your party has zero ideas, just hate.

One encouraging observation to offer about this sad and dis-spiriting day: I think it will bless the nation when the outcome of a vote tied to Donald Trump results in the option with the most popular votes actually winning.

???

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:
    Well, it was pointing out the irony that you (liberals) have no loss of words when putting false accusations against Kavanaugh and talking about how he is unfit and won't be confirmed, etc. Then when it happens, silence. If that makes it trolling, then so be it.

Whatever we should call your practice of calling out others' "silence," this was not your first time doing so. In another thread, you expressed your impatience when it comes to others' responding to your posts when just two hours after your OP, you noted the "crickets" from CM and me.

If you want responses from others to your posts - in these cases, from specific others - I suggest you ask for them (though I also suggest you give people more than two hours to respond before you express your concern for their "silence"). If you don't ask for a response and no one gives one, it might be that we haven't seen your post yet, or haven't found time to respond to your post yet, or possibly don't intend to respond to your post. And our decisions not to respond to your posts just might report something other than our shamed surrender to the accuracy and intellectual sophistication of your posts.

Polls show it is actually energizing Republicans, not Democrats. You are right, it may not last but I hope it does. People hopefully are seeing that your party has zero ideas, just hate.

Democrats have expressed high energy via their election turnout numbers for several months now, so our enthusiasm number wasn't going to rise that much because of Kavanaugh. The GOP number, once in the high 60's had a lot more room to grow. In my view, when Kavanaugh is on the court the most likely result will be that satisfaction will not be as strong a producer of electoral enthusiasm for Republicans as anger will be for Democrats. We'll see.

???

I'm surprised that you missed the snark here, especially in light of the high information voter/politico description you apply to yourself. My comment was a shot at the 2016 presidential election, in which the candidate with the most popular votes did NOT actually win.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

Whatever we should call your practice of calling out others' "silence," this was not your first time doing so. In another thread, you expressed your impatience when it comes to others' responding to your posts when just two hours after your OP, you noted the "crickets" from CM and me.

If you want responses from others to your posts - in these cases, from specific others - I suggest you ask for them (though I also suggest you give people more than two hours to respond before you express your concern for their "silence"). If you don't ask for a response and no one gives one, it might be that we haven't seen your post yet, or haven't found time to respond to your post yet, or possibly don't intend to respond to your post. And our decisions not to respond to your posts just might report something other than our shamed surrender to the accuracy and intellectual sophistication of your posts.

Democrats have expressed high energy via their election turnout numbers for several months now, so our enthusiasm number wasn't going to rise that much because of Kavanaugh. The GOP number, once in the high 60's had a lot more room to grow. In my view, when Kavanaugh is on the court the most likely result will be that satisfaction will not be as strong a producer of electoral enthusiasm for Republicans as anger will be for Democrats. We'll see.

???

I'm surprised that you missed the snark here, especially in light of the high information voter/politico description you apply to yourself. My comment was a shot at the 2016 presidential election, in which the candidate with the most popular votes did NOT actually win.

I got that part of the reference, I am having a hard time understanding the rest of it.

• GaoLu

I think he is just venting. There was a lot of toxin build-up in there and its OK to have a safe place to unload. Better here than in a post office somewhere.