Frostbite

I sustained minor frostbite while backpacking this weekend. Please pray for quick healing.

Comments

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Hope you heal soon. Take care of it. I frostbit this and that (both minor)--my leg was no problem (my pants froze fast to my shin once), but my nose had a scar for a few years but it has healed over now. There is hope! The leg was in Alaska, the nose in Siberia.

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

Luckily it was very minor as I caught it and acted quickly so basically it feels the equivalent of a sunburn.

• GaoLu

Glad you are ok. Amazing how much abuse our bodies can take and be OK. Amazing, how God made our bodies to heal.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

I hope your frostbit situation is improving. I'm interested in what you've learned from it. I'm like the Calvinist who tripped and fell down a flight of stairs. He got up, brushed himself off and said, wow...I'm glad that's over. That is, I always associate things that happen to me with the hand of God.

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@Dave_L said:
    I hope your frostbit situation is improving. I'm interested in what you've learned from it. I'm like the Calvinist who tripped and fell down a flight of stairs. He got up, brushed himself off and said, wow...I'm glad that's over. That is, I always associate things that happen to me with the hand of God.

Yes I am almost back to normal. Just a little stinging/itching left.

Learned from it? I'm going to change some of the insulation in my Hammock for the winter months.

• GaoLu

One thing we learned is that moisture management matters. Keep things around your face dry, like scarves or helmets. A little duct tape (ouch) can help on potentially exposed areas. Pay attention often to any potentially exposed area.