Troubled Young Man

My wife and I are trying to connect with a troubled young single man who has ended up in the hospital with mental health issues while traveling in a foreign country. We do not know him or his family. He has rejected contact with pretty much everyone. I don't know what we can do but I ask your prayers that we can somehow reach him and restore his relationship with his family. He is a Believer.

Comments

• Jan
    Jan Posts: 301

During my time in Cambodia, one of my best friends was a medical doctor. Sadly, I was hearing this kind of thing happening about every two or three weeks. I'll definitely pray for this guy as well.

The much bigger prayer request should be a general sense of responsibility for all young western travellers to foreign countries (especially developping countries), who far too frequently don't even spend a minimum amount of time and effort on medical precautions (travel insurance, vaccine boosters etc.)

• Mitchell
    Mitchell Posts: 668

@Jan said:
    ... I was hearing this kind of thing happening about every two or three weeks.

Wow, that is very interesting. It makes me wonder how many western foreigners visitors and/or residents in suffering from these type of issues in here in Japan.

The much bigger prayer request should be a general sense of responsibility for all >young western travelers to foreign countries

I agree (and feel a bit ashamed I have never though above such individuals very much before), and from now on I will keep the issue mentioned above in my prayers.

@GaoLu said:
    I ask your prayers that we can somehow reach him and restore his relationship with his family. He is a Believer.

You have my prayers

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Thanks, Jan. Right now the guy is in a hospital and apparently, no one speaks his language. There are issues with police and such and we are working on that. I welcome any advice based on your experience or contact with someone who does have experience.

We have dealt with the anxiety of people with lost passports and people who panicked over the culture (and simply vegetate), but this is well beyond that.

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Thanks, Mitchell. Today we made some progress.