Ford's Accusations ACTUALLY ARE Outside of the Statute of Limitations

Apparently, @Bill_Coley was wrong that the accusation against Kavanaugh isn't beyond the Statute of Limitations. See the letter from the Montgomery County Maryland's chief of policy and state's attorneys offices:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2018/09/29/montgomery-co-police-maryland-state-attorney-respond-to-state-lawmakers-reques-n2523791

Comments

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:
    Apparently, @Bill_Coley was wrong that the accusation against Kavanaugh isn't beyond the Statute of Limitations. See the letter from the Montgomery County Maryland's chief of policy and state's attorneys offices:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2018/09/29/montgomery-co-police-maryland-state-attorney-respond-to-state-lawmakers-reques-n2523791

I am happy to acknowledge my mistake, reformed. Thanks for the link to information that points out what I did not consider when I did my previous research - that the law in effect at the time of the alleged crime would be the law under which anyone accused would be prosecuted. Maryland eliminated the statute of limitations on sexual assault crimes in 1996, well after the alleged incident involving Judge Kavanaugh and Dr Blasey Ford.

Additional research to confirm my error pointed out that at the time of the alleged assault, Brett Kavanaugh would have been 17 years old, a minor. That means any such charges against him at the time would have been handled confidentially in the state's juvenile court system.

I regret my error.

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Further proof that this week is a waste of time. No criminal investigation, no subpoenas, no warrants, nothing that hasn't already been brought forth. Just further movement of the Democrat delay parade.

I'm sure before the week is over they will move the goal posts.

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited September 2018

It may be time for a vigorous investigation into Ford (starting with perjury) and the Democratic Party who sabotage America and Americans.

Post edited by GaoLu on
  • C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463
    edited September 2018

@reformed said: "Further proof that this week is a waste of time. No criminal investigation, no subpoenas, no warrants, nothing that hasn't already been brought forth.

Hmm, why did Trump give a new FBI probe of his nominee? Is Mr. Trump a Democrat? Senate doesn't have the votes? Mr. Trump was deceived? Don't forget, we heard that there is no there-there before and "nothing burger".

Kavanaugh has destroyed himself. He's too political he can't be on the Supreme Court. He would be a politician and cancer on the bench if confirmed.

Just further movement of the Democrat delay parade.

If you're half right, then there is no reason for Mr. Kavanaugh's ugly behavior. Innocent, sober-minded, mature people don't behave the way he did. If it was not anger, then it was a show, a charade, under the guise of an emotional outburst. What a shameful display, just for a job. I am not deceived. The President believed Dr. Ford. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said: "Further proof that this week is a waste of time. No criminal investigation, no subpoenas, no warrants, nothing that hasn't already been brought forth.

Hmm, why did Trump give a new FBI probe of his nominee? Is Mr. Trump a Democrat? Senate doesn't have the votes? Mr. Trump was deceived? Don't forget, we heard that there is no there-there before and "nothing burger".

Because Senator Flake is an idiot. That's why. He forced the President's hand.

Kavanaugh has destroyed himself. He's too political he can't be on the Supreme Court. He would be a politician and cancer on the bench if confirmed.

You have yet to reasonably show how this is the case. And if you want to look at too political you need to look at Ginsberg, Kagan, Sotomayor....

Just further movement of the Democrat delay parade.

If you're half right, then there is no reason for Mr. Kavanaugh's ugly behavior. Innocent, sober-minded, mature people don't behave the way he did. If it was not anger, then it was a show, a charade, under the guise of an emotional outburst. What a shameful display, just for a job. I am not deceived. The President believed Dr. Ford. CM

They do against the attacks that came after him. And no, the President didn't believe Dr. Ford.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

I am happy to acknowledge my mistake, reformed. Thanks for the link to information that points out what I did not consider when I did my previous research - that the law in effect at the time of the alleged crime would be the law under which anyone accused would be prosecuted. Maryland eliminated the statute of limitations on sexual assault crimes in 1996, well after the alleged incident involving Judge Kavanaugh and Dr Blasey Ford.

Additional research to confirm my error pointed out that at the time of the alleged assault, Brett Kavanaugh would have been 17 years old, a minor. That means any such charges against him at the time would have been handled confidentially in the state's juvenile court system.

I regret my error.

Thanks Bill.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

How could Senator Flake be an idiot without Trump being the same? It's not good to call names.

They do against the attacks that came after him. And no, the President didn't believe Dr. Ford.

What proof you have for such blatant conclusion? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

How could Senator Flake be an idiot without Trump being the same? It's not good to call names.

Trump had to in order to appease the Senators that are on the fence.

What proof you have for such blatant conclusion? CM

The President said in a tweet after the hearing that the whole thing is a sham. Does that sound like he believes Ford? NO.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

The President said in a tweet after the hearing that the whole thing is a sham. Does that sound like he believes Ford? NO.

It's not all that the President said about Ms. Ford. Be balanced and show all that Trump said about Ms. Ford. Can you face the fact that you're wrong on this? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

It's not all that the President said about Ms. Ford. Be balanced and show all that Trump said about Ms. Ford. Can you face the fact that you're wrong on this? CM

I know he never said he believed her. Not once.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Proof! CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Proof! CM

You can't prove a negative. You actually have to show proof that he does believe her.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Proof! CM

You can't prove a negative. You actually have to show proof that he does believe her.

Tweets and news clips can make your case if there is one. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Proof! CM

Tweets and news clips can make your case if there is one. CM

I'm not the one trying to make a case, you are. Troll.