Trump orders FBI supplemental investigation into Kavanaugh

13»

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

Does it make a difference? Let the FBI do a complete investigation.
    A complete investigation into what?

Whatever the White House order them to do. The Senate made a request and the President put in the order. Are you saying they are all "out-to-lunch"?

@Wolfgang said: "what is the crime that needs to be investigated"?

Let's not get lost here. Must there be a crime? There is also the finding of facts.

I would think, the FBI has a lot more to do ... in particular conduct a proper investigation into the Clinton clan's various dubious doings, for example involving Hillary (breech of security clearance, treasonous behavior)?

It's water "under the bridge". What do the items mentioned above have to do with Kavanaugh's fitness for the Court? Nothing! America must live in the now. CM

• @C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

Does it make a difference? Let the FBI do a complete investigation.
    A complete investigation into what?

Whatever the White House order them to do. The Senate made a request and the President put in the order. Are you saying they are all "out-to-lunch"?

It wouldn't be the first time ... no?

@Wolfgang said: "what is the crime that needs to be investigated"?

Let's not get lost here. Must there be a crime? There is also the finding of facts.

Oh dear ....

I would think, the FBI has a lot more to do ... in particular conduct a proper investigation into the Clinton clan's various dubious doings, for example involving Hillary (breech of security clearance, treasonous behavior)?

It's water "under the bridge". What do the items mentioned above have to do with Kavanaugh's fitness for the Court? Nothing!

Not so sure ... it appears to me looking on from the outside that the Clinton / Democrat clan is doing things now which are related to keeping the lid on that boiling pot I mentioned ...

America must live in the now. CM

Well, seems like many do not like the now (Trump and what he announced wanting to do in his inaugural address) but are fighting a war on various fronts against the now in order to get back to how it was in the past.

• C Mc

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said: It's water "under the bridge". What do the items mentioned above have to do with Kavanaugh's fitness for the Court? Nothing!

Not so sure ... it appears to me looking on from the outside that the Clinton / Democrat clan is doing things now which are related to keeping the lid on that boiling pot I mentioned ...

Come on, Wolfgang, you're beginning to sound like an in-control, Kavanaugh. The chasm is too deep to cross. The Clintons are yesterday.

Well, seems like many do not like the now (Trump and what he announced wanting to do in his inaugural address) but are fighting a war on various fronts against the now in order to get back to how it was in the past.

Trump is definitely not the sharpest knife in the toolkit of politics. The more sober-minded Americans are not going to just sit around and let Trump have his way. There are a few good apples left in America's basket. I don't want to give you the impression that all of America is bad or worthless. ;) CM

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said: It's water "under the bridge". What do the items mentioned above have to do with Kavanaugh's fitness for the Court? Nothing!

Come on, Wolfgang, you're beginning to sound like an in-control, Kavanaugh. The chasm is too deep to cross. The Clintons are yesterday.

Trump is definitely not the sharpest knife in the toolkit of politics. The more sober-minded Americans are not going to just sit around and let Trump have his way. There are a few good apples left in America's basket. I don't want to give you the impression that all of America is bad or worthless. ;) CM

Actually Trump is doing a fine job. Those who voted for him are happy with him. Just yesterday we got rid of NAFTA

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited October 2018
    Trump may not be the sharpest possible, but he makes recent presidents look like bent butter knives. His policies and leadership just work and not only in America. They are working at several levels and setting America up for hope and success long after he is gone—if no one comes along and destroys his unprecedented progress. His leadership do seem to be clearly beyond the man alone and God is undoubtedly working through this chosen man. Those of us who know this thank God for this day of grace.
  • C Mc

@reformed said:

Actually Trump is doing a fine job. Those who voted for him are happy with him. Just yesterday we got rid of NAFTA

The so-called new three-country trade deal is warmed over NAFTA. One more of Trump's slight of hands. CM

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Trump may not be the sharpest possible, but he makes recent presidents look like bent butter knives. His policies and leadership just work and not only in America. They are working at several levels and setting America up for hope and success long after he is gone—if no one comes along and destroys his unprecedented progress. His leadership do seem to be clearly beyond the man alone and God is undoubtedly working through this chosen man. Those of us who know this thank God for this day of grace.

Where one stands determines one view and how far one can see. Your truth, enjoy. CM

• GaoLu
    Climb on up here. You can do it! We can have coffee. The view is awesome!
  • C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Climb on up here. You can do it! We can have coffee. The view is awesome!

Who's to say, I am not standing next to you? What is not said, my focus -vs- your focus, while standing on the same plateau. CM

PS. I don't drink coffee. CM

• GaoLu

@C_M_ said:

Who's to say, I am not standing next to you?

Me.

Me either. Or rarely. But, I like the fragrance.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

@C_M_ said:

Who's to say, I am not standing next to you?

Me.

You're entitled to your opinion. What's new?

Me either. Or rarely. But, I like the fragrance.

Why offer what you don't consume? I am inclined to believe your offer is insincere as your consumption of coffee. Whatever you mean, no. thank you. CM

• GaoLu

@C_M_ said:

Why offer what you don't consume? I am inclined to believe your offer is insincere as your consumption of coffee. Whatever you mean, no. thank you. CM

I don't care for coffee that much. But I offer to drink even coffee even with my enemy. I offered. You refuse. The offer stands with whatever beverage you prefer.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    I don't care for coffee that much. But I offer to drink even coffee even with my enemy. I offered. You refuse. The offer stands with whatever beverage you prefer.

Wow! Not that I am holding my breath, but when did I become your "enemy"? Send it in a PM if you're sincere.

This is not my real concern here. I'm interested in the investigation of the FBI findings. That's what this thread is about. CM

• GaoLu

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

Wow! Not that I am holding my breath, but when did I become your "enemy"?

That is your conclusion, not mine.

Send it in a PM if you're sincere.

If you are sincere (you haven't said you are) you will be civil here in public.

This is not my real concern here. I'm interested in the investigation of the FBI findings. That's what this thread is about. CM

Me too. You were mocking others above, particularly America's president. I am addressing what you said.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

Wow! Not that I am holding my breath, but when did I become your "enemy"?

That is your conclusion, not mine.

Send it in a PM if you're sincere.

If you are sincere (you haven't said you are) you will be civil here in public.

Me too. You were mocking others above, particularly America's president. I am addressing what you said.

----------- Good night or good morning, wherever you are...CM

• GaoLu
  • C Mc

New news:

FBI interviews in Kavanaugh investigation go beyond initial White House mandate

By Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter
    Updated 10:56 PM ET, Tue October 2, 2018

(CNN) — The FBI is expanding its inquiry into sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh beyond the initial four interviews that the White House directed to be conducted.

Two sources told CNN on Tuesday that more interviews are happening with a focus on other Kavanaugh high school friends who are listed as attending a July 1, 1982, party on the nominee's calendar.

The efforts come as anticipation builds for the FBI to deliver its interview summaries as soon as Wednesday to the White House and Capitol Hill. It was not clear that the extra interviews would prolong the process. The FBI had been directed to provide the summaries of their inquiries by Friday.

CNN has obtained the 1982 calendar entries submitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. It was first reported by USA Today.
    CNN has obtained the 1982 calendar entries submitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. It was first reported by USA Today.
    California professor Christine Blasey Ford has accused Kavanaugh of physically and sexually assaulting her at a party in the Maryland suburbs outside Washington, DC, when they were both in high school. She has said she doesn't remember the exact date of the incident and Kavanaugh has denied being at the party in question.

Tim Gaudette, who attended the July 1, 1982, party, talked to the FBI, his lawyer told CNN on Tuesday.

"I can confirm that Mr. Gaudette interviewed with special agents today, however, we are going to respectfully decline to elaborate on the interview," said Ken Eichner who represents Gaudette.

Chris Garrett, who was listed as an attendee at the party on Kavanaugh's calendar, also spoke with the FBI, according to his lawyer.

"Mr. Garrett has voluntarily cooperated with the FBI inquiry, and has completed his interview," said his attorney, William M. Sullivan, Jr.

Tom Kane, who was another of the attendees of the July 1, 1982, party told CNN, "I'd rather not say," when asked about talking to the FBI. Another attendee -- Bernie McCarthy -- did not respond to requests for comment.

Kavanaugh provided the calendar to the Senate Judiciary Committee as evidence that he kept careful notes that summer and never listed a party similar to the one Ford described.

This is serious business. My personal early prediction: Kavanaugh WILL WITHDRAW his name or he will be rejected. The table is set to vote him down. He's too damaged. He's not all bad, just not good for the "High Court". CM

• @C_M_ said:

... He's too damaged. He's not all bad, just not good for the "High Court". CM

Since when were you qualified to make any comment about qualifications for the "High Court" ?
    Your statement advocates the following principle:
    If one doesn't like someone in some position, make enough accusations (no matter whether they are valid or not) in order to have the person "too damaged". Then, as "too damaged" one hypocritically calls him "... not all bad, just not good for..."

You provide a very revealing display of USA ways of doing things ... with liberty and justice for all having been put aside long time ago.

• GaoLu
    edited October 2018

I think _____ will "withdraw his name or be rejected."
    - "He's too damaged.
    - He's not all bad, just not good"

• C Mc

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

Since when were you qualified to make any comment about qualifications for the "High Court" ?

My opinion ("an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something").

@C_M_ said: My personal...

>

@Wolfgang said: Your statement advocates the following principle:
    @Wolfgang said: If one doesn't like someone in some position, make enough accusations (no matter whether they are valid or not) in order to have the person "too damaged". Then, as "too damaged" one hypocritically calls him "... not all bad, just not good for..."

That's your opinion of my opinion. One should be asking, what is my opinion based upon?

You provide a very revealing display of USA ways of doing things ... with liberty and justice for all having been put aside long time ago.

Do I? This is my view about the children being ripped from their parents, large tax cut to the top wealthiest and crumbs to the middle-income earners and the hurricane victims of Porto Rico. Where is the justice? Could it be that I am just holding up a mirror to America? CM

• PS. Be aware, some Americans don't like foreign-born people to say things about their way of life. I have no problem with it. CM
  • reformed

@C_M_ said:

New news:

FBI interviews in Kavanaugh investigation go beyond initial White House mandate

By Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter
    Updated 10:56 PM ET, Tue October 2, 2018

(CNN) — The FBI is expanding its inquiry into sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh beyond the initial four interviews that the White House directed to be conducted.

Two sources told CNN on Tuesday that more interviews are happening with a focus on other Kavanaugh high school friends who are listed as attending a July 1, 1982, party on the nominee's calendar.

The efforts come as anticipation builds for the FBI to deliver its interview summaries as soon as Wednesday to the White House and Capitol Hill. It was not clear that the extra interviews would prolong the process. The FBI had been directed to provide the summaries of their inquiries by Friday.

California professor Christine Blasey Ford has accused Kavanaugh of physically and sexually assaulting her at a party in the Maryland suburbs outside Washington, DC, when they were both in high school. She has said she doesn't remember the exact date of the incident and Kavanaugh has denied being at the party in question.

Tim Gaudette, who attended the July 1, 1982, party, talked to the FBI, his lawyer told CNN on Tuesday.

"I can confirm that Mr. Gaudette interviewed with special agents today, however, we are going to respectfully decline to elaborate on the interview," said Ken Eichner who represents Gaudette.

Chris Garrett, who was listed as an attendee at the party on Kavanaugh's calendar, also spoke with the FBI, according to his lawyer.

"Mr. Garrett has voluntarily cooperated with the FBI inquiry, and has completed his interview," said his attorney, William M. Sullivan, Jr.

Tom Kane, who was another of the attendees of the July 1, 1982, party told CNN, "I'd rather not say," when asked about talking to the FBI. Another attendee -- Bernie McCarthy -- did not respond to requests for comment.

Kavanaugh provided the calendar to the Senate Judiciary Committee as evidence that he kept careful notes that summer and never listed a party similar to the one Ford described.

This is serious business. My personal early prediction: Kavanaugh WILL WITHDRAW his name or he will be rejected. The table is set to vote him down. He's too damaged. He's not all bad, just not good for the "High Court". CM

Except this is fake news. Way to be late to the party.

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

Your statement advocates the following principle:
    If one doesn't like someone in some position, make enough accusations (no matter whether they are valid or not) in order to have the person "too damaged". Then, as "too damaged" one hypocritically calls him "... not all bad, just not good for..."

Not USA way of doing things. Democrat/Liberal way of doing things.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

I guess I don't have to tell you what to do with this information. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

What should I do with that information?

• C Mc

@reformed said:

:D CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

:D CM

Are you laughing at me and mocking me? Heartless!