Kavanaugh Will Be Confirmed Today. Headline: "We Have The Votes"

2»

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:
    It's official the committee has made a formal request for the FBI investigation. Latest news. CM

For an unsubstantiated claim with zero evidence. Sheesh.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@reformed said:
    Good grief. I guess we will have a new justice next Monday. For the record, this is stupid to halt the Supreme Court over the baseless accusations of a woman who has no witnesses, no evidence whatsoever. No scene or date of crime.

Oh, calm down! Allow the process to move forward. You love the law at the US Southern Border in separating children from their parents. So, love the law to inquire about Kavanaugh. Take the investigation or Kavanaugh will be rejected immediately. So, be cool! CM

Are you a political hack? CM

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:
    Good grief. I guess we will have a new justice next Monday. For the record, this is stupid to halt the Supreme Court over the baseless accusations of a woman who has no witnesses, no evidence whatsoever. No scene or date of crime.

Keep a vacant court seat open an extra week? Oh, the horrors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why Republicans NEVER kept a seat vacant for an FBI probe for an extra week. (Bush 41's FBI probe of Clarence Thomas only last three or four days. So there!) The ONLY reason GOP senators kept Antonin Scalia's seat open for nine months - and notice that WASN'T a week either!! - was to make sure Obama didn't get to pick another justice. And if you're going to "halt the Supreme Court" for any reason and any length of time, what could be better, more true to the founder's intentions for the Senate's "advice and consent" role regarding the the Court, than refusing to grant a nominee meetings, hearings, or a vote, not for a week, but for nine months?!!

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Oh, calm down! Allow the process to move forward. You love the law at the US Southern Border in separating children from their parents. So, love the law to inquire about Kavanaugh. Take the investigation or Kavanaugh will be rejected immediately. So, be cool! CM

Are you a political hack? CM

Actually you just equated two things that are nothing alike. It is NOT the law to delay Kavanaugh's confirmation and have the FBI do an investigation. Nice try but full of incorrect notions.

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

Keep a vacant court seat open an extra week? Oh, the horrors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why Republicans NEVER kept a seat vacant for an FBI probe for an extra week. (Bush 41's FBI probe of Clarence Thomas only last three or four days. So there!) The ONLY reason GOP senators kept Antonin Scalia's seat open for nine months - and notice that WASN'T a week either!! - was to make sure Obama didn't get to pick another justice. And if you're going to "halt the Supreme Court" for any reason and any length of time, what could be better, more true to the founder's intentions for the Senate's "advice and consent" role regarding the the Court, than refusing to grant a nominee meetings, hearings, or a vote, not for a week, but for nine months?!!

Republicans kept Scalia's seat open based on the BIDEN principle that you should confirm a justice in a Presidential election year. The Senate's advice was to not confirm a candidate until the new President took office.

Again, like @C_M_ you equate things that are not equivalent.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:

Actually you just equated two things that are nothing alike. It is NOT the law to delay Kavanaugh's confirmation and have the FBI do an investigation. Nice try but full of incorrect notions.

Actually, I think you misread CM's post, reformed. CM didn't say the law required a delay in the confirmation process - that is, the criminal code requires a delay. CM said it is the law who will "inquire about Kavanaugh" - i.e. law enforcement personnel will conduct the investigation.

Republicans kept Scalia's seat open based on the BIDEN principle that you should confirm a justice in a Presidential election year. The Senate's advice was to not confirm a candidate until the new President took office.

Your talking point here is self-evidently not true, but certainly IS the Kool Aid President Obama's political adversaries chose to mix and drink in order to justify their treatment of the Garland nomination. Since you've obviously drunk the drink, there's no reason for us to engage further on the matter.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

Actually, I think you misread CM's post, reformed. CM didn't say the law required a delay in the confirmation process - that is, the criminal code requires a delay. CM said it is the law who will "inquire about Kavanaugh" - i.e. law enforcement personnel will conduct the investigation.

I didn't misread anything. I think you should go back and read it.

Your talking point here is self-evidently not true, but certainly IS the Kool Aid President Obama's political adversaries chose to mix and drink in order to justify their treatment of the Garland nomination. Since you've obviously drunk the drink, there's no reason for us to engage further on the matter.

And what exactly is self-evidently not true? Do show where I am wrong on that.