Kavanaugh/Ford Hearing Updates

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:
    Kavanaugh went in to give it all up but changed his mind mid-stream.

On a second point: Is Kavanaugh a closet alcoholic? CM

How long are you going to keep saying the same lies?

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

*Thankful for Ignore Feature

He/they will never stop trolling until people stop taking his/their bait. Of course, we don't know how many people we are dealing with. Probably Billium and Big_Snort_ are not the same person, maybe just Siamese twins. Either way, it is clear we are not dealing with normal, capable people. Maybe, rather than keep poking them with a stick to watch them act like fools, just have pity on them...

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

No lies, but repeat it until you are willing to accept reality. Until you're able t hold the two factual thought together and see your current position in light of your past ones. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

No lies, but repeat it until you are willing to accept reality. Until you're able t hold the two factual thought together and see your current position in light of your past ones. CM

Except there is no evidence of the claim and you haven't provided any. You are no better than Dr. Ford.

• C Mc
    edited September 2018

@GaoLu said:

*Thankful for Ignore Feature

He/they will never stop trolling until people stop taking his/their bait. Of course, we don't know how many people we are dealing with. Probably Billium and Big_Snort_ are not the same person, maybe just Siamese twins. Either way, it is clear we are not dealing with normal, capable people. Maybe, rather than keep poking them with a stick to watch them act like fools, just have pity on them...

I don't know to whom you're referring. I'm not sure you know what is normal. It appears you're not over your fears of trolls. Are you what you claim others to be? Why did you chimed in, if you think trolling is at foot? Exchanging of points were in progress, albeit to your chagrin, join the conversation or ............

If you know so much (whatever that is) don't feed the trolls. Is this your way showing your disappointment of the FBI investigation that your President just approved? Yes, they have re-opened the investigation ("supplemental"). Trump believes Dr. Ford's testimony was "compelling." Do you believe in karma? ;) CM

Post edited by C Mc on
  • Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@GaoLu said:

Your silence since my September 15 post on the subject of your pathological lying about my CD identity led me to feel hopeful that you had decided to stop that lying, Gao Lu. With this latest post, sadly, you have obviously decided to resume your lying.

As I indicated in the September 15 post, every time you hint, suggest, insinuate, or directly claim that I have ever created an alias CD identity, you lie. Your latest post is the 20th post since August 9 in which you have so lied.

Please stop lying about my CD identity.

• Looking on from the outside ... these hearings and what they are supposedly about makes the USA look like a banana republic.

The politicians argue about juveniles at a high school decades ago and whether they had some kind of sexual doings at the time as if such was the absolute most terrible crime committed in history ... while at the same time supporting wars of aggression and the murder of millions without even blinking an eye at such.

What's going on is more than a disgrace ... any USA citizen should be ashamed at how their representatives act.

• GaoLu

We are indeed ashamed of the sabotage some Americans are able to perform. Trump is working hard on that swamp but that cancer has been growing for decades. Prayer therapy may take time.

• GaoLu
    edited September 2018

Powerful Message, a must watch: Https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPhilRobertson/videos/1989666621077963/

If in fact, Kavanaugh committed this act and if he should be disqualified for it, then we need to start down the list of politicians, every last one of them including Ford, and Feinstein, and they should be investigated and disqualified from their jobs.

Only one man is truly qualified to be Judge, and that is Jesus Christ. No doubt, Kavanaugh's accusers would crucify Jesus in a shorter time than Kavanaugh.

Post edited by GaoLu on
  • C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said: A normal man, in control of himself, doesn't behave the way Kavanaugh did. Be angry, but don't lose control. Having a childish tantrum to get on the Supreme Court is a shameful tactic. He has disqualified himself for the "High Court". He doesn't have the temperament. I wouldn't trust his rulings. He is disrespectful to women and people older than himself. What poor example he set for his girls.

@reformed said: "... Did Jesus lose control when he started flipping tables over"?

Jesus' anger was "good anger". It's so rare. Jesus never gets angry when...

• People hurt him.
    • Pharisees call him demon-possessed
    • Or get irritated at being interrupted.

What upsets Jesus is injustice and hypocrisy in others when compassion is blocked. His anger is centered on others’ welfare.

1. He also gets upset with anything that inhibits faith (e.g. when the disciples blocked the faith of the little children).
    2. The money changers blocked the faith of the non-Jews.
    3. Jesus gets angry at anything that prevents love to people (compassion) or dependence on God (faith).

Jesus expresses his anger vividly, but it’s always controlled.

• a. Like the time when his eyes blaze when the leaders refuse to bless the healing of the crippled man.
    • b. When in the temple, he is focused specifically on the object of his wrath:
      • the money changers.

Jesus' anger always does good:

• A man gets a new hand
    • The children get hugs
    • The money changers get ejected
    • The temple gets quiet.

His anger is powerful, controlled, and creative.

The Bible says,

• “And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved at the hardening of their heart, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he stretched it forth; and his hand was restored.”—Mark 3:5.

These people angered Jesus because:

• I. They held creed to be more vital than conduct.
    • II. They thus assumed that a sheep is worth more than a man.
    • III. They permitted their petty disputes to interfere with practical service.
    • IV. Finally, they are found opposing the works of God.

Anger is multiform, and both OT Hebrew and NT Greek have a variety of words for its various expressions. The commonest Hebrew noun is ap̄, which means "first the nose or nostril" (Num. 11:20; Is. 2:22) and then the quivering, snorting and flaring of the nostrils that indicate anger (Gen. 27:45; Job 4:9).

Slow to anger’ in Proverbs 14:29; 15:18; 16:32 (NRSV) is literally ‘long of nose’. The imagery of heat and of burning is also drawn on, as is the vocabulary of fury, hostility and the quest for revenge.

In the LXX and, echoing it, the NT, thymos, and orgē are used as synonyms, often paired, to render all the Hebrew anger-words in application to both God and humans, and these are the commonest NT words for the idea.

In secular usage, orgē is more suggestive of thoughtful deliberation and thymos of the thoughtless outburst, but in biblical Greek, these distinctions of nuance do not apply (see Miller below).

Jesus is my "Forever Friend", I know Him and Brett Kavanaugh is no Jesus. I know you didn't say he is. Brett Kavanaugh, a man who, set a bad example for the country and his children. I hope this helps. Let follow Jesus. Peace. CM

SOURCES:

-- Miller, P. (2001). Love Walked Among Us: Learning to Love like Jesus (pp. 97–99). Colorado Springs, CO: NavPress.
    -- Packer, J. I. (2000). Anger. In T. D. Alexander & B. S. Rosner (Eds.), New dictionary of biblical theology (electronic ed., pp. 381–382). Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said: A normal man, in control of himself, doesn't behave the way Kavanaugh did. Be angry, but don't lose control. Having a childish tantrum to get on the Supreme Court is a shameful tactic. He has disqualified himself for the "High Court". He doesn't have the temperament. I wouldn't trust his rulings. He is disrespectful to women and people older than himself. What poor example he set for his girls.

@reformed said: "... Did Jesus lose control when he started flipping tables over"?

Jesus' anger was "good anger". It's so rare. Jesus never gets angry when...

• People hurt him.
    • Pharisees call him demon-possessed
    • Or get irritated at being interrupted.

What upsets Jesus is injustice and hypocrisy in others when compassion is blocked. His anger is centered on others’ welfare.

1. He also gets upset with anything that inhibits faith (e.g. when the disciples blocked the faith of the little children).
    2. The money changers blocked the faith of the non-Jews.
    3. Jesus gets angry at anything that prevents love to people (compassion) or dependence on God (faith).

• a. Like the time when his eyes blaze when the leaders refuse to bless the healing of the crippled man.
    • b. When in the temple, he is focused specifically on the object of his wrath:
      • the money changers.

• A man gets a new hand
    • The children get hugs
    • The money changers get ejected
    • The temple gets quiet.

The Bible says,

• “And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved at the hardening of their heart, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he stretched it forth; and his hand was restored.”—Mark 3:5.

These people angered Jesus because:

• I. They held creed to be more vital than conduct.
    • II. They thus assumed that a sheep is worth more than a man.
    • III. They permitted their petty disputes to interfere with practical service.
    • IV. Finally, they are found opposing the works of God.

Anger is multiform, and both OT Hebrew and NT Greek have a variety of words for its various expressions. The commonest Hebrew noun is ap̄, which means "first the nose or nostril" (Num. 11:20; Is. 2:22) and then the quivering, snorting and flaring of the nostrils that indicate anger (Gen. 27:45; Job 4:9).

Slow to anger’ in Proverbs 14:29; 15:18; 16:32 (NRSV) is literally ‘long of nose’. The imagery of heat and of burning is also drawn on, as is the vocabulary of fury, hostility and the quest for revenge.

In the LXX and, echoing it, the NT, thymos, and orgē are used as synonyms, often paired, to render all the Hebrew anger-words in application to both God and humans, and these are the commonest NT words for the idea.

In secular usage, orgē is more suggestive of thoughtful deliberation and thymos of the thoughtless outburst, but in biblical Greek, these distinctions of nuance do not apply (see Miller below).

Jesus is my "Forever Friend", I know Him and Brett Kavanaugh is no Jesus. I know you didn't say he is. Brett Kavanaugh, a man who, set a bad example for the country and his children. I hope this helps. Let follow Jesus. Peace. CM

SOURCES:

-- Miller, P. (2001). Love Walked Among Us: Learning to Love like Jesus (pp. 97–99). Colorado Springs, CO: NavPress.
    -- Packer, J. I. (2000). Anger. In T. D. Alexander & B. S. Rosner (Eds.), New dictionary of biblical theology (electronic ed., pp. 381–382). Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.

But he wasn't just angry, he was FLIPPING OVER TABLES AND BREAKING CAGES. Do you think that was in control? Kavanaugh didn't come close to that.

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:

But he wasn't just angry, he was FLIPPING OVER TABLES AND BREAKING CAGES. Do you think that was in control? Kavanaugh didn't come close to that.

Are you claiming there were times when Jesus' anger was out of control?

• C Mc

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

I would like to know this too from Mr. Reformed. Was Jesus anger in the temple an out of control person? I wonder if Mr. Reformed read what I posted above with understanding. CM

• reformed
    edited September 2018

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

No. I'm trying to see what defines out of control.

@C_M_ said:

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

I would like to know this too from Mr. Reformed. Was Jesus anger in the temple an out of control person? I wonder if Mr. Reformed read what I posted above with understanding. CM

I read what you posted, but it didn't address Jesus actions.

Most people would say that Kavanaugh was tame compared to flipping over tables and breaking cages. His family has been attacked, he has been attacked. He attacked the allegations and the motives of the accusers.

He did not curse, he did not throw punches, he did not flip tables, he did not get up and run around.

THIS WAS A CONTROLLED display of anger.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said: "But he wasn't just angry, he was FLIPPING OVER TABLES AND BREAKING CAGES. Do you think that was in control? Kavanaugh didn't come close to that.

Why would you even compare an alleged rapist and alcoholic (Kavanaugh) with Jesus of the Bible? Are you trying to provoke conversation? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said: "But he wasn't just angry, he was FLIPPING OVER TABLES AND BREAKING CAGES. Do you think that was in control? Kavanaugh didn't come close to that.

Why would you even compare an alleged rapist and alcoholic (Kavanaugh) with Jesus of the Bible? Are you trying to provoke conversation? CM

No, I presume innocence, apparently, you do not. That's a red herring, you avoided the question.

• @C_M_ said:

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

I would like to know this too from Mr. Reformed. Was Jesus anger in the temple an out of control person? I wonder if Mr. Reformed read what I posted above with understanding.

If being angry with just words is indication of "out of control" (as claimed by some here regarding Mr. Kavanaugh), one could easily claim that being angry expressed by deeds (as Jesus overthrowing tables, etc) would certainly have to be "out of control" .... very simple all that.

Now, giving the matter a bit more sober thoughts, it should be clear that the claims about "out of control" in regards to the words spoken by Mr. Kavanaugh are ludicrous.

• reformed

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

I would like to know this too from Mr. Reformed. Was Jesus anger in the temple an out of control person? I wonder if Mr. Reformed read what I posted above with understanding.

If being angry with just words is indication of "out of control" (as claimed by some here regarding Mr. Kavanaugh), one could easily claim that being angry expressed by deeds (as Jesus overthrowing tables, etc) would certainly have to be "out of control" .... very simple all that.

Now, giving the matter a bit more sober thoughts, it should be clear that the claims about "out of control" in regards to the words spoken by Mr. Kavanaugh are ludicrous.

I'm glad someone here got the point. The POINT @Bill_Coley and @C_M_ is that Kavanaugh was not out of control by any stretch of the imagination and it is partisan and crazy to suggest otherwise when you objectively look at the entire situation.

This was not him listening to oral arguments, this was him being attacked personally, his family being attacked personally, his character being attacked personally.

He acted honorably to defend his honor and integrity.

• Dress Rehearsal for Impeachment
    Pat Buchanan • September 28, 2018

Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court was approved on an 11-10 party-line vote Friday in the Senate Judiciary Committee. Yet his confirmation is not assured.

Sen. Jeff Flake, Republican of Arizona, has demanded and gotten as the price of his vote on the floor, a weeklong delay. And the GOP Senate has agreed to Democrat demands for a new FBI investigation of all credible charges of sexual abuse against the judge.

Astonishing. With a quarter century in public service, Kavanaugh has undergone six FBI field investigations. They turned up nothing like the charges of sexual misconduct leveled against him these last two weeks.

In his 30 hours of public testimony before the judiciary committee prior to Thursday, no senator had raised an issue of a sexual misconduct.

But if Brett Kavanaugh is elevated to the Supreme Court, it will be because, in his final appearance, he tore up the script assigned to him. He set aside his judicial demeanor to fight for his good name with the passion and righteous rage of the innocent and good man he believes himself to be.

He turned an inquisition into his character and conduct as a teenager into a blazing indictment of the Democratic minority for what they were doing to his reputation and his family.

Rather than play the role of penitent, Kavanaugh did what Clarence Thomas did 30 years before. He attacked the character, conduct and motives of his Democratic accusers.

And did the judge not speak the truth? With few exceptions, all four dozen Senate Democrats are determined to defeat him, even if that requires them to destroy him.

They rejected Brett Kavanaugh the day he was nominated.

Why? Because the judge is a conservative and a Catholic, hence an unreliable vote to sustain Roe v. Wade, the 1973 decision that discovered hidden in the Constitution a woman’s right to abort her unborn child.

The verdict on the judge came down in the hearts and minds of his enemies the moment that he was named. They had him convicted, before they met him. And once his fate was decided, the only remaining issues were where to find the dirt to bury him with, and how to make it look like they had given Kavanaugh a fair hearing.

Contrast how Kavanaugh, who has served his country with distinction for decades, was treated Thursday, and how Dr. Christine Blasey Ford was treated.

Ford was greeted with courtly courtesy by Chairman Sen. Chuck Grassley. No Republican senator asked her a question. Rachel Mitchell, a prosecutor of sex crimes brought in from Arizona, quizzed her as though she were a 15-year-old girl who had just been attacked, not a 51-year-old woman whose uncorroborated accusations were designed not only to defeat a Supreme Court nomination but to destroy the career, family and future of a federal judge.

After each five-minutes of polite questioning by Mitchell, Democratic senators took turns lauding Ford’s courage, bravery and heroism in agreeing to appear.

Ford’s testimony as to what she says happened in 1982 did seem credible and compelling. Yet, to allow her accusation of attempted rape to stand without tough and thorough cross-examination, given the stakes involved, was a dereliction of Senate duty.

Consider. Ford does not recall how she got to the party where the alleged assault took place. She does not know where the party was held. She does now recall how she got home.

None of the other four she said were at the party recall being there. Her best friend, whom she apparently left behind as the lone woman in a house with a pair of drunken rapists, does not recall any such party. Nor does she recall ever having met Kavanaugh.

Consider the other charges leveled against Kavanaugh in the last two weeks: Exposing himself in the face of a freshman girl in a dorm at Yale. Participating in a series of at least 10 parties in high school where planned gang rapes of drunken and drugged women were a regular feature, with the boys lining up outside bedrooms.

In six FBI background investigations of Kavanaugh, interviewing countless friends and contemporaries from high school days, none of this wild and criminal misconduct of the early ’80s was mentioned.

“This is the most unethical sham since I’ve been in politics,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham, “I hope that the American people will see through this charade.”

They had best do so. For what is being done to Kavanaugh is, if Democrats take control of Congress in November, a harbinger of what is to come. The assault on Kavanaugh, converting a man known for his integrity into a youthful Jack the Ripper in 10 days, is the playbook for what is planned for Trump.

The Kavanaugh lynching is a dress rehearsal for the impeachment of Donald Trump. And the best way to fight impeachment is the way the judge fought Thursday.

In defending yourself, go after your malevolent accusers as well.

Patrick J. Buchanan is the author of a new book, “Nixon’s White House Wars: The Battles That Made and Broke a President and Divided America Forever.”

Copyright 2018 Creators.com.

• GaoLu

@Wolfgang Excellent contribution. Thanks. I do trust that Americans will prevail above this chicanery, and yet, whatever happens, it will be a mere blip in history, if that. We have read the last chapter of the last book from God and in the end, God wins.

• C Mc

@Wolfgang said:
    @C_M_ said: Are you claiming there were times when Jesus' anger was out of control?

Wolfgang,
    Please understand that to compare the behavior of Jesus and Judge Kavanaugh are too incomparable, to begin with. So, please, don't give this young man any comfort or cover. Even if you choose to downgrade Jesus to just a man (for another discussion).

1. In the temple, Jesus was not going for a job interview as Kavanaugh.
    2. Jesus was not there to defend his name or his family's, like Kavanaugh.
    3. Jesus was not out of control, belligerent, disrespectful and cutting people off, like Kavanaugh.
    4. Jesus was not seeking approval for anything.
    5. Jesus' action was a "righteous indignation on behalf of the innocent and those being oppressed by the priests in the temple. Kavanaugh was for himself-- raw anger and bitterness.
    6. Jesus was not motivated to act out to impress Satan or any demigod-like-Mr. Trump, as your Mr. Kavanaugh.

@Wolfgang said: Now, giving the matter a bit more sober thoughts, it should be clear that the claims about "out of control" in regards to the words spoken by Mr. Kavanaugh are ludicrous.

It's ludicrous to go a job interview and attack the interviewers by calling them names, insulting their organization, and spew out conspiracy theories about the Clintons. Yet, at the same time, hoping to be approved by the committee. That's out of control by anyone's standards.

Out of control encompasses all: motives, words, actions, intended outcome, and self-control. Please don't say people are smearing his name and family. Get some help, postpone the interview, but go there acting like a lunatic. Yes, people will attack and say all manner of things about you. One doesn't go around cursing the world. Get a grip, exercise self-control. This something that's taught in kindergarten. Even the loosing of one, some type of self-restraint must be exercised. This is what happened recently here in CD. Regardless of how deep one's loss or pain, you can't go around calling people names and blowing up the world. This man lacks temperament. In light of the "so-called good things", said about him, Kavanaugh appeared to be a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He can't be trusted with the lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court, even without the other allegations against him. For example: If a man comes to your house with Kavanaugh's behavior with the intentions of securing your approval in asking for your daughter's hand in marriage, you will not have it. Even if he has billions in holdings. Oh, be honest, Mr. Wolfgang!

They crucified Jesus and at his trials before that; he didn't act like Mr. Kavanaugh did the other day. So, please Mr. Wolfgang, rethink your position or add clarification to your statement above to give this young man proper guidance. Peace! CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:
    @C_M_ said: Are you claiming there were times when Jesus' anger was out of control?

Wolfgang,
    Please understand that to compare the behavior of Jesus and Judge Kavanaugh are too incomparable, to begin with. So, please, don't give this young man any comfort or cover. Even if you choose to downgrade Jesus to just a man (for another discussion).

1. In the temple, Jesus was not going for a job interview as Kavanaugh.

Irrelevant

1. Jesus was not there to defend his name or his family's, like Kavanaugh.

That's debateable. His Father's house was being defiled. Kavanaugh's family was being defiled. Pretty equivalent.

1. Jesus was not out of control, belligerent, disrespectful and cutting people off, like Kavanaugh.

Right, he did more than that, he was flipping over tables.

1. Jesus was not seeking approval for anything.

Irrelevant

1. Jesus' action was a "righteous indignation on behalf of the innocent and those being oppressed by the priests in the temple. Kavanaugh was for himself-- raw anger and bitterness.

Kavanaugh was righteous indignation on behalf of himself and his family whose lives are being destroyed by this ridiculous circus.

1. Jesus was not motivated to act out to impress Satan or any demigod-like-Mr. Trump, as your Mr. Kavanaugh.

He's not trying to impress Trump, why do you keep saying that? He already impressed Trump. That's why he was nominated.

@Wolfgang said: Now, giving the matter a bit more sober thoughts, it should be clear that the claims about "out of control" in regards to the words spoken by Mr. Kavanaugh are ludicrous.

It's ludicrous to go a job interview and attack the interviewers by calling them names, insulting their organization, and spew out conspiracy theories about the Clintons. Yet, at the same time, hoping to be approved by the committee. That's out of control by anyone's standards.

No its not. It's the truth. And they are the minority and ultimately do not matter in this process because they are outvoted.

Out of control encompasses all: motives, words, actions, intended outcome, and self-control. Please don't say people are smearing his name and family. Get some help, postpone the interview, but go there acting like a lunatic. Yes, people will attack and say all manner of things about you. One doesn't go around cursing the world. Get a grip, exercise self-control. This something that's taught in kindergarten. Even the loosing of one, some type of self-restraint must be exercised. This is what happened recently here in CD. Regardless of how deep one's loss or pain, you can't go around calling people names and blowing up the world. This man lacks temperament. In light of the "so-called good things", said about him, Kavanaugh appeared to be a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He can't be trusted with the lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court, even without the other allegations against him. For example: If a man comes to your house with Kavanaugh's behavior with the intentions of securing your approval in asking for your daughter's hand in marriage, you will not have it. Even if he has billions in holdings. Oh, be honest, Mr. Wolfgang!

He didn't act like a lunatic. lu·na·tic
    ˈlo͞onəˌtik/Submit
    noun
    a mentally ill person

He acted as a SANE person would in his situation.

They crucified Jesus and at his trials before that; he didn't act like Mr. Kavanaugh did the other day. So, please Mr. Wolfgang, rethink your position or add clarification to your statement above to give this young man proper guidance. Peace! CM

Irrelevant. Jesus had to be crucified, that was part of his agenda.

• GaoLu

Liking this every better every time I see it. Thankful for the Ignore Feature.

• @C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:

Please understand that to compare the behavior of Jesus and Judge Kavanaugh are too incomparable, to begin with.

You know what, substitute any other names such as "C_M" and "Wolfgang", perhaps that will allow you to see the point instead of being "politically" blinded to the point actually made.

1. Jesus was not out of control, belligerent, disrespectful and cutting people off, like Kavanaugh.

I see, you cleaerly did not get the point ... and as mentioned above, it appears rather clearly that the reason is political prejudice.

It's ludicrous to go a job interview and attack the interviewers by calling them names, insulting their organization, and spew out conspiracy theories about the Clintons.

That's in essence what Jesus did with those who accused him on false pretenses ... it's actually just about the only thing to do since it is impossible to prove innocence in a matter that actually didth not happen ... the only thing to do is expose the lunacy of the accusers.

Out of control encompasses all: motives, words, actions, intended outcome, and self-control. Please don't say people are smearing his name and family. Get some help, postpone the interview, but go there acting like a lunatic.

I see a number of "job interviewers" there who displayed more of a lunatic attitude and frame of mind ... willing to ruin not only one person's life but two persons in order to achieve their evil agenda which had nothing to do with "determine qualifications for the job" of Kavanaugh.

They crucified Jesus and at his trials before that; he didn't act like Mr. Kavanaugh did the other day.

There were Senators in that room whose sole purpose was "to crucify" Kavanaugh ... and they had no second thought about "destroying" the life of the lady they used for their misdeeds either.
    I recall one Senator from the other party expressing in even more direct terms those false accusers and calling their evil game ... was he even worse out of control? It did not look like it.

So, please Mr. Wolfgang, rethink your position or add clarification to your statement above to give this young man proper guidance.

I see no problem with my position .. but see an awful lot of problems with your political bias and prejudice clouding your ability for proper judgment.

• C Mc

Ok, I have made my point. It seems you don't agree. Thanks. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    Ok, I have made my point. It seems you don't agree. Thanks. CM

Exactly. Your point makes no sense in reality.

• GaoLu
    edited September 2018
    I am presently ignoring C_M_ and but might offer this. Perhaps I have given too much credit for i C_M_’s ntelligence, but I find it hard to believe that he(??) actually believes that stuff. Seems to me it’s all a game. But the again, I may be making assumptions based on giving too much credit for intellectual ability
  • reformed

@GaoLu said:
    I am presently ignoring C_M_ and but might offer this. Perhaps I have given too much credit for i C_M_’s ntelligence, but I find it hard to believe that he(??) actually believes that stuff. Seems to me it’s all a game. But the again, I may be making assumptions based on giving too much credit for intellectual ability

Has to be.

• Bill_Coley

@GaoLu said:

When you can't beat the message, beat the messenger.

• Jan
    Jan Posts: 301

Thanks for bringing the thread to my attention.
    Another case of a personal attack.
    This time the object of the attack has been blocked as well, so that there is not even a way to respond.

So let me start by calling everyone to a civilized discussion/debate, and refrain from personal attacks, name-calling and ad hominems.