Trump Administration: Public Theft?

C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,563
edited September 13 in News & Current Events

Let me say at the genesis, that my purpose in CD is not just to be a critic of the US Administration. However, I wouldn't shy away from doing such when I observe blatant abuse of the American people, unethical tactics, incompetent management and/or the misapplication of funds. This OP is just one or another of the above. Fear not, all I am not being extreme. I am simply connection political dots and holding up a mirror to this President and the American Government. Behold the image in the mirror of this administration:

  1. Much needed monies ($10 million dollars) were taken from FEMA recently and give to ICE to build Prison Camps for Migrant Children. The number has reached a new high to 12,000 children. Therefore, the US wants to re-establish Family Interment Compounds. Children are not being released to relatives or families. This taking of funds epitomizes an estrangement toward humanity and hatred to people in distress. A priority to aid deportation and incarnate people over rescuing in time of need is a new low, even for this President. This behavior borders someone very unhealthy.
  2. If you think I am just being hyperbolic and wallowing histrionic, this same Leader of America has targeted or taken $29 million dollars from the US Coast Guards to give to ICE. This is shameful. With or without a storm, they must be continuous training and purchase of equipment. What is this President and the Republican Party are thinking?

Everyone knows these two organizations are known for its support for people as such time as the upcoming hurricane. Half of the water-rescued people during Hurricane Katrina were by the US Coast Guards. Where are the Christian Republicans? Do they agree with this? Have they no influence on this President? This move is, really, nothing short of denying life or survival hood to the most vulnerable. Is this fair, reasonable, and/or practical? What says ye? CM

Post edited by C_M_ on

Comments

  • reformedreformed Posts: 1,969

    What is unethical about this? This is standard practice. FEMA said it won't impact hurricane response.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,563

    @reformed said: What is unethical about this? This is standard practice. FEMA said it won't impact hurricane response.

    Mr. Reformed,
    As stated elsewhere, the governmental greed/hate-mongers are ripping off FEMA and the CoastGuards (total of $ 39 million) to finance the building of Family interment Compounds--Children's Prisons. This is unsober thinking.

    A government bent on deporting and imprisoning people over helping people in distress is sick, evil and its leader needs to be removed. This is an outrage and ashamed, by any decent person's standards, in the face of Hurricane Florence. This is snake belly low! Where are the American Christian Republicans? CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 1,969

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said: What is unethical about this? This is standard practice. FEMA said it won't impact hurricane response.

    Mr. Reformed,
    As stated elsewhere, the governmental greed/hate-mongers are ripping off FEMA and the CoastGuards (total of $ 39 million) to finance the building of Family interment Compounds--Children's Prisons. This is unsober thinking.

    Re-appropriateing funds is standard practice. Feel free to read up on it: https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3357&context=lcp

    A government bent on deporting and imprisoning people over helping people in distress is sick, evil and its leader needs to be removed. This is an outrage and ashamed, by any decent person's standards, in the face of Hurricane Florence. This is snake belly low! Where are the American Christian Republicans? CM

    That being said, the Coast Guard is part of the DHS which is the same for ICE. In other words, it's just the department changing a priority for that funding. Many businesses do this. The border is a security issue that is more immediate.

    A simple google search for "trump takes coast guard money" even returns a VOX article Headlining: "Hurricane Florence: is Trump using FEMA's hurricane relief money to fund ICE? Not exactly."

    So to argue that this is hurricane relief is dishonest at best. Both organizations (FEMA and USCG) have said it is not going to impact hurricane operations.

    These people are not in distress, they are breaking the law. There is nothing evil about this and nobody needs removed. You have become unhinged. You are also dishonest.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,563

    @reformed said:

    These people are not in distress, they are breaking the law. There is nothing evil about this and nobody needs removed. You have become unhinged. You are also dishonest.

    This is an accurate description of the American President, independent of me. Wake up, Reformed! CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 1,969

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    These people are not in distress, they are breaking the law. There is nothing evil about this and nobody needs removed. You have become unhinged. You are also dishonest.

    This is an accurate description of the American President, independent of me. Wake up, Reformed! CM

    Only to a deranged liberal mind.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,563

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:
    This is an accurate description of the American President, independent of me. Wake up, Reformed! CM

    Only to a deranged liberal mind.

    I guess Mr. Trump have some of them in his cabinet, chosen by him. Surprised? CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 1,969

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:
    This is an accurate description of the American President, independent of me. Wake up, Reformed! CM

    Only to a deranged liberal mind.

    I guess Mr. Trump have some of them in his cabinet, chosen by him. Surprised? CM

    Based on an anonymous unsubstantiated op-ed....well done...

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,563

    Is there anyone in the Trump Administration NOT under investigation? The FEMA Director is, now, under investigation. One of the most corrupt administration in US History. Don't dirty yourself with it. CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 1,969

    @C_M_ said:
    Is there anyone in the Trump Administration NOT under investigation? The FEMA Director is, now, under investigation. One of the most corrupt administration in US History. Don't dirty yourself with it. CM

    Right, because half of the Obama Administration wasn't under investigation (or is currently under investigation).

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,563

    Trump is in office, let's move on. CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 1,969

    @C_M_ said:
    Trump is in office, let's move on. CM

    In other words, you know I'm right.

Sign In or Register to comment.