Deadly shooting at Maryland newspaper

2»

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@GaoLu said:
    It is the callousness mentioned above that we observe in a growing number today, an emotional leper unable to feel.

So true. @C_M_ OBVIOUSLY, a murdered baby is worse than a child being taken from its criminal parents.

Are you saying "criminal parents" don't deserve children or babies? CM

So let's put it this way. Say your next door neighbor, American citizen, commits a crime that requires him to be detained. Are you saying that you want his kids put in jail with him? Seriously? Because that is what you are advocating for.

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Right...because abortion and border control are equivalent... What universe do you live in?

I was referring only to GaoLu's numbers. What are you trying to say? CM

You compared abortion to kids being separated from criminal parents. It's nowhere near the same thing.

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:
    It is the callousness mentioned above that we observe in a growing number today, an emotional leper unable to feel.

Again, when it comes to the US Southern borders there is so much "callousness" of "an emotional leper unable to feel." It's unfortunate that so much of it is from the US heads of government and "so-called Christians. CM

No, it's called crime and punishment. None of this would happen if these criminals did not break our laws. It's their fault, not the government.

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    A child rescued from traffickers or briefly cared for apart from criminal parents is not the same as the premeditated killing of babies. This is a prime example of the unmitigated appalling insensitivity referred to above.
  • C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@GaoLu said:
    A child rescued from traffickers or briefly cared for apart from criminal parents is not the same as the premeditated killing of babies. This is a prime example of the unmitigated appalling insensitivity referred to above.

I guess only the "premeditated" separation of parents from their babies are justified. This wrong! Even the Pope criticizes Trump's policy of separating immigrant children from parents at the Mexican border.

Published 7:59 AM ET Wed, 20 June 2018-- President Donald Trump and Pope Francis meet at the Vatican, May 24, 2017.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/pope-criticizes-trumps-policy-of-separating-immigrant-children-from-parents-at-the-mexican-border.html

Pope Francis has criticized the Trump administration's policy of separating migrant families at the Mexican border, saying populism is not the answer to the world's immigration problems.

Speaking to Reuters, the Pope said he supported recent statements by U.S. Catholic bishops who called the separation of children from their parents "contrary to our Catholic values" and "immoral."

"It's not easy, but populism is not the solution," Francis said on Sunday night...

One of his most pointed messages concerned President Donald Trump's zero-tolerance immigration policy, in which U.S. authorities plan to criminally prosecute all immigrants caught crossing the Mexican border illegally, holding adults in jail while their children are sent to government shelters.

The policy has caused an outcry in the United States and has been condemned abroad as videos emerged of youngsters held in concrete-floored enclosures and an audio of wailing children went viral. U.S. Catholic bishops have joined other religious leaders in the United States in condemning the policy.

------------ ------------ ------------ -----------------

The Pope and U.S. Catholic bishops are supportive of criminal activities at the southern borders? Reformed/GaoLu, check yourselves in criticizing me or anyone that disapprove the separation of children from their parents. CM

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

So let's put it this way. Say your next door neighbor, American citizen, commits a crime that requires him to be detained. Are you saying that you want his kids put in jail with him? Seriously? Because that is what you are advocating for.

Too late, your US Government has made this decision to put them together (mothers/kids) and hold them indefinitely. How low can the US go? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

I guess only the "premeditated" separation of parents from their babies are justified. This wrong! Even the Pope criticizes Trump's policy of separating immigrant children from parents at the Mexican border.

The Pope has no bearing on American politics. He should keep his opinion to himself.

Published 7:59 AM ET Wed, 20 June 2018-- President Donald Trump and Pope Francis meet at the Vatican, May 24, 2017.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/pope-criticizes-trumps-policy-of-separating-immigrant-children-from-parents-at-the-mexican-border.html

Pope Francis has criticized the Trump administration's policy of separating migrant families at the Mexican border, saying populism is not the answer to the world's immigration problems.

Again, nobody cares about the Pope's opinion. He has nothing to do with this.

Speaking to Reuters, the Pope said he supported recent statements by U.S. Catholic bishops who called the separation of children from their parents "contrary to our Catholic values" and "immoral."

So again, you would rather put the kids in jail with criminals?

"It's not easy, but populism is not the solution," Francis said on Sunday night...

Francis can take a hike.

One of his most pointed messages concerned President Donald Trump's zero-tolerance immigration policy, in which U.S. authorities plan to criminally prosecute all immigrants caught crossing the Mexican border illegally, holding adults in jail while their children are sent to government shelters.

The policy has caused an outcry in the United States and has been condemned abroad as videos emerged of youngsters held in concrete-floored enclosures and an audio of wailing children went viral. U.S. Catholic bishops have joined other religious leaders in the United States in condemning the policy.

------------ ------------ ------------ -----------------

The Pope and U.S. Catholic bishops are supportive of criminal activities at the southern borders? Reformed/GaoLu, check yourselves in criticizing me or anyone that disapprove the separation of children from their parents. CM

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Too late, your US Government has made this decision to put them together (mothers/kids) and hold them indefinitely. How low can the US go? CM

And what was the reason for that decision? Because of liberal outcry. But you did not answer the question. Should we put American kids in jail with their criminal parents? Don't evade this time.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    A child rescued from traffickers or briefly cared for apart from criminal parents...

This a smoke screen of the Trump Administration to justify their shameful and dastardly deeds. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:
    A child rescued from traffickers or briefly cared for apart from criminal parents...

This a smoke screen of the Trump Administration to justify their shameful and dastardly deeds. CM

How is that a smokescreen? Are their parents criminals? Yes or no?

• C Mc

@reformed said:

The Pope has no bearing on American politics. He should keep his opinion to himself.

Francis can take a hike.

Mr. Reformed,
    It's obvious you're not Catholic in view of your remarks of the leader of 2.3 billion followers.

With your contempt for the Pope's compassion and position, you need to take a timeout from this thread and these forums. You need to review how to disagree without being disrespectful. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Francis can take a hike.

Mr. Reformed,
    It's obvious you're not Catholic in view of your remarks of the leader of 2.3 billion followers.

With your contempt for the Pope's compassion and position, you need to take a timeout from this thread and these forums. You need to review how to disagree without being disrespectful. CM

I'm sorry you don't tell me I need to take a timeout from the thread or forums just because I rightly said the Pope has no business in American politics. He's not American, he needs to mind his own business.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Francis can take a hike.

Mr. Reformed,

I'm sorry you don't tell me I need to take a timeout from the thread or forums just because I rightly said the Pope has no business in American politics. He's not American, he needs to mind his own business.

Mr. Reformed (Changed),
    No, you are not sorry (regret).
    Do I have a say in "American politics?" CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Francis can take a hike.

Mr. Reformed,

Mr. Reformed (Changed),

Reformed meaning I go with Reformed theology.

I didn't say I was sorry for what was said.

Are you American?

• C Mc

@reformed said: It's obvious you're not Catholic in view of your remarks of the leader of 2.3 billion followers.

Mr. Reformed (Changed),

This is obvious.

Are you American?

N/A CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said: It's obvious you're not Catholic in view of your remarks of the leader of 2.3 billion followers.

Mr. Reformed (Changed),

This is obvious.

Are you American?

N/A CM

N/A??

• GaoLu
  • C Mc

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:
    Do you think people should be allowed to have a shotgun?

Here is how I will answer you in words, in your mind, I hope it would stay. You may call it what you may. You may call it poetry, a poem, or something underway. You can read it any time, anyway, any day.

Guns Were Made To Kill by CM

Guns Were Made To Kill, rather big, long or small if shot in the woods, malls or schools' halls.

Guns Were Made To Kill, although many say they collect them just for fun, even by the tons.

Guns Were Made To Kill, even if you like the feel, shape or sound;
    Oh, into the air, you just like to get off a few rounds.

Guns Were Made To Kill, you love the smell of gunpowder and the power in your hands; ignoring the spent shells that litter the ground.

Guns Were Made To Kill, whether opened carried or concealed;
    Once shot, what it hits is real.

Guns Were Made To Kill, rather in the home, churches or the battlefield;
    they shatter hearts, knees, and windshields.

Guns Were Made To Kill, whether made long ago or today;
    no fabrications would be acceptable from the NRA.

Guns Were Made To Kill, despite the lobbyists' passionate bifurcation;
    "We need more guns" they cry, for recreation and protection.

Guns Were Made To Kill, regardless of the voluminous mendacious good they can do;
    heartbreak comes when death takes a loved one close to you.

Guns Were Made To Kill, I am not saying anything new;
    I am just reminding you of what hospitals, churches, policemen, and cemeteries long knew.

Guns Were Made To Kill, seven lives were taken not far from Capitol Hill.
    Guns Were Made To Kill, and the shooter was not mentally ill.

Guns Were Made To Kill, don't try to say it's for something else;
    everybody knows it's false because guns were made to kill. CM

Let's keep focused, Guns Kill. They kill small and large people, outside the womb and long afterward. Why would a Christian support put guns into the hands of many who don't fear God or man? A man of God should not support the NRA or any institution that manufacture guns or sell them. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:
    Do you think people should be allowed to have a shotgun?

Here is how I will answer you in words, in your mind, I hope it would stay. You may call it what you may. You may call it poetry, a poem, or something underway. You can read it any time, anyway, any day.

Guns Were Made To Kill by CM

Guns Were Made To Kill, rather big, long or small if shot in the woods, malls or schools' halls.

Guns Were Made To Kill, although many say they collect them just for fun, even by the tons.

Guns Were Made To Kill, even if you like the feel, shape or sound;
    Oh, into the air, you just like to get off a few rounds.

Guns Were Made To Kill, you love the smell of gunpowder and the power in your hands; ignoring the spent shells that litter the ground.

Guns Were Made To Kill, whether opened carried or concealed;
    Once shot, what it hits is real.

Guns Were Made To Kill, rather in the home, churches or the battlefield;
    they shatter hearts, knees, and windshields.

Guns Were Made To Kill, whether made long ago or today;
    no fabrications would be acceptable from the NRA.

Guns Were Made To Kill, despite the lobbyists' passionate bifurcation;
    "We need more guns" they cry, for recreation and protection.

Guns Were Made To Kill, regardless of the voluminous mendacious good they can do;
    heartbreak comes when death takes a loved one close to you.

Guns Were Made To Kill, I am not saying anything new;
    I am just reminding you of what hospitals, churches, policemen, and cemeteries long knew.

Guns Were Made To Kill, seven lives were taken not far from Capitol Hill.
    Guns Were Made To Kill, and the shooter was not mentally ill.

Guns Were Made To Kill, don't try to say it's for something else;
    everybody knows it's false because guns were made to kill. CM

Let's keep focused, Guns Kill. They kill small and large people, outside the womb and long afterward. Why would a Christian support put guns into the hands of many who don't fear God or man? A man of God should not support the NRA or any institution that manufacture guns or sell them. CM

Based on what?

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Based on what?

For the love of humanity. Besides, guns are for war and law enforcement people (Rom 13). The Second Amendment (man) is not greater than the Ten-commandments (God's). CM

• GaoLu

Lots of personal feelings. That's ok. Not much more.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

CT said: or the love of humanity. Besides, guns are for war and law enforcement people (Rom 13). The Second Amendment (man) is not greater than the Ten-commandments (God's). CM

These are facts. Don't dismiss them as feelings. Just admit you're not willing to accept the truth (humanity and the Word). What part of above are just feelings? You seem to be blinded by guns. Like it or not, Guns kill! CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

CT said: or the love of humanity. Besides, guns are for war and law enforcement people (Rom 13). The Second Amendment (man) is not greater than the Ten-commandments (God's). CM

These are facts. Don't dismiss them as feelings. Just admit you're not willing to accept the truth (humanity and the Word). What part of above are just feelings? You seem to be blinded by guns. Like it or not, Guns kill! CM

No, these are not facts. That is one use for guns, not the only use. So yes, it is just your feeling and not much in reality.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

No, these are not facts. That is one use for guns, not the only use. So yes, it is just your feeling and not much in reality.

I never said the above statement of guns was the only reason for usage, like an abortion is not just for birth control or irresponsibility. Be truthful in your reflections of my position. Even if you can prove otherwise, Guns kill! Christians, have thou nothing to do with them.

Feelings (emotions) are of God). There is no shame. So, run in your lane. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

I never said the above statement of guns was the only reason for usage, like an abortion is not just for birth control or irresponsibility. Be truthful in your reflections of my position. Even if you can prove otherwise, Guns kill! Christians, have thou nothing to do with them.

Feelings (emotions) are of God). There is no shame. So, run in your lane. CM

Be truthful in your presentation of "facts"