Hello

reformed
reformed Posts: 3,176

Hello,

I was told by another member I should take a moment to introduce myself. I am new here. I saw a link posted to this site on another site and thought it sounded interesting so I thought I would join up. I enjoy theology and politics and am looking for a good place to discuss both. Hopefully this will be it.

I grew up going to Christian school but never got a college degree, though I attended several colleges, just never did finish. I was saved at a young age. I wanted to be a missionary to Africa when I was younger but that never panned out. Anyways, look forward to our discussions.

Comments

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

@reformed said:
    Hello,

I was told by another member I should take a moment to introduce myself. I am new here. I saw a link posted to this site on another site and thought it sounded interesting so I thought I would join up. I enjoy theology and politics and am looking for a good place to discuss both. Hopefully this will be it.

I grew up going to Christian school but never got a college degree, though I attended several colleges, just never did finish. I was saved at a young age. I wanted to be a missionary to Africa when I was younger but that never panned out. Anyways, look forward to our discussions.

Thanks for joining in. We are of diverse theologies and politics. And hope to hear more from you. Thanks for your posts and replies!

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Mr. Reformed,
    We're glad to have you. Your opinions are welcome, but the Word of God is our authority. I look forward to the exchanges. Blessings. CM

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:
    Hello,

Thanks for the introduction, reformed, and welcome to the forums. It's a gift to know more about the people with whom we interact.

Life can get rough and tumble among these threads, so thick skin and deep reservoirs of
    grace and patience are quite useful. My best suggestion to us all is to create posts that are about ideas, not people.

I have been a pastor for the last 35-1/2 years, the last 33 at the church I currently serve in Illinois. As my undergraduate major was political science and economics, and I had my first weekly news magazine subscription when I was 13 or 14, I, too, love politics. I am deeply partisan in my points of view, but also, I pray, predictably gracious in receipt of and response to points of view different from mine.

Welcome!

Blessings,
    Bill