David Hogg Continues to Prove Why Parkland Students Don't Need (Deserve) A National Voice

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2018/03/23/parkland-survivor-david-hogg-our-parents-dont-know-how-to-use-a-fking-democracy-so-we-have-to-n2464031

David Hogg doesn't understand government, doesn't understand freedom, doesn't understand the NRA, apparently has a pathetic vocabulary, and is just plain ignorant. When will this child go away?

Comments

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

I'm curious how you think you can fairly represent Christ when you alienate entire segments of the people we are supposed to be reaching.

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@Dave_L said:
    I'm curious how you think you can fairly represent Christ when you alienate entire segments of the people we are supposed to be reaching.

Representing Christ does not mean you have to be politically correct. Do you disagree with what I said? If so, what part?

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Representing Christ does not mean you have to be politically correct. Do you disagree with what I said? If so, what part?

When you take political sides, you alienate the other side and misrepresent Christ.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

When you take political sides, you alienate the other side and misrepresent Christ.

We disagree

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

We disagree

That is obvious. But Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world. And only if it was would his servants fight. But you teach the exact opposite.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

We disagree

That is obvious. But Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world. And only if it was would his servants fight. But you teach the exact opposite.

We are not going down this road again. Like I said, we disagree.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

We disagree

That is fine, but I'm showing that you are further away from Christ's position than the kid is.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

We disagree

That is fine, but I'm showing that you are further away from Christ's position than the kid is.

That is your opinion and I don't agree with you.

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

One thing I admire about you Dave is that you are not afraid to stand alone. However, when we stand alone it needs to be based crisply and clearly on the Bible, otherwise, we are very prone to be alone because we are wrong, not because we are right.

I want to emphasize that I do admire and commend your willingness to stand alone for a thing in which you really believe.

• Dave_L
    edited March 2018

@GaoLu said:
    One thing I admire about you Dave is that you are not afraid to stand alone. However, when we stand alone it needs to be based crisply and clearly on the Bible, otherwise, we are very prone to be alone because we are wrong, not because we are right.

I want to emphasize that I do admire and commend your willingness to stand alone for a thing in which you really believe.

Thanks GaoLu, but Jesus told us to put away the sword and many have paid the ultimate price loving Christ more than their own lives doing so.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@davidtaylorjr said:
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2018/03/23/parkland-survivor-david-hogg-our-parents-dont-know-how-to-use-a-fking-democracy-so-we-have-to-n2464031

David Hogg doesn't understand government, doesn't understand freedom, doesn't understand the NRA, apparently has a pathetic vocabulary, and is just plain ignorant. When will this child go away?

In addition to quoting from David Hogg's impassioned, impolitic, and anger-fueled comments about the current state of play where guns and gun laws are concerned, The Townhall.com article reports the following about his views on guns:

• "He doesn’t want to ban all guns"
    • He "want(s) to ensure that people are being 'safe individuals'"
    • He thinks "it's alright that people are buying more guns"
    • He "just care(s) that they are being safe individuals and they can practice their Second Amendment rights all they want."
    • He "just want(s) to make sure that a crazy a** individual doesn't get an AR-15 or any weapon at all."
    • He "call(s) for a ten percent tax on all firearm sales"
    • He believes "the minimum age for gun ownership to be raised to 21"
    • And he calls for universal background checks

You may disagree with all of its components, but I don't see how you can argue that's a radical agenda.

I think it's hard to draw conclusions about what he understands or doesn't understand from a single video package. I think it's particularly difficult to judge him "just plain ignorant" from a single package, much as I think it's difficult (and wrong) for CD posters to call each other "stupid" or "ignorant," as has happened many times in these threads.

• GaoLu

@Dave_L said:

@GaoLu said:

Thanks GaoLu, but Jesus told us to put away the sword and many have paid the ultimate price loving Christ more than their own lives doing so.

Did this have something to do with my comment? Or was it just out of the blue?

• Dave_L
    edited March 2018

@GaoLu said:

@Dave_L said:

@GaoLu said:

Did this have something to do with my comment? Or was it just out of the blue?

You cautioned me about making sure what I say is crisply and clearly and based on the bible. And I submitted evidence that many put away the sword as Jesus commanded, and paid with their lives doing so.

There would not have been ANY Christian martyrs ever, if they thought the way many who claim to follow Christ do these days.

• GaoLu

OK. Thanks. I am still not sure how it is relevant, but no matter. It is a fine saying and I agree with it.