Prez Trump Meets Kim Jong Un: Talks, Trolling or Tricks?

2»

Comments

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362
    edited March 2018

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

The creeds are like books that help understand scripture. If we all get rid of our libraries and have only the Bible, where would we be?

Again, we, at CD, had an extensive discussion on Creeds. The Bible and creeds are not created equal if I recall the general consensus. I believed it was said, Creeds could be bias in areas and restrictive in others. If I am mistaken on the general discussion please, clarify in comparison to your personal view.

So, in short, the answer to the question: "If we all get rid of our libraries and have only the Bible, where would we be?", better off. CM

You might be better off without teachers. But I notice you teach quite a bit. And I listen to and appreciate your input. But the creeds and books are no different. Some of them took lots of debate and refinement before arriving at their doctrine.

Dave, your point is well taken. I seek not to take away from what is reflective of the Bible. Notwithstanding, are you suggesting a Creed or a combination of Creeds can and should supersede the Bible? CM

I view the creeds like I do this forum. A bunch of dedicated people gather around and debate what the bible says about a subject. Only on a larger scale, the creeds are the result of years of debate and refinement. And written down, you have a conclusion that is probably correct, but not always.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463
    edited April 2018

What US and North Korea mean when they talk about denuclearization

(CNN)When North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and his South Korea counterpart, Moon Jae-in, meet next Friday, the most important topic on the agenda is the one on which there has been least clarity: denuclearization.

The term has been bandied about in recent weeks, from Seoul to Washington to Beijing, yet there's little agreement on what the term means -- and confusion could lead to trouble in this week's summit as well as the planned meeting between US President Donald Trump and Kim.
    South Korean officials and Chinese state media have said Kim is willing to discuss denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula.

North Korea drops withdrawal of US forces as condition of denuclearization, Moon says
    On Thursday, President Moon announced North Korea had not raised its long-running demand for the withdrawal of US forces in exchange for giving up nuclear weapons -- an apparent concession that analysts greeted with skepticism.
    "North Korea has been saying all the right things ... they want this summit to occur and they're doing what it takes to make it happen," said Adam Mount, a senior fellow at the Federation of American Scientists.

So far, North Korean state media has made no mention of the topic, and public statements by Kim have been vague.

"It is our consistent stand to be committed to denuclearization on the peninsula, in accordance with the will of late President Kim Il Sung and late General Secretary Kim Jong Il," Kim said in Beijing on March 27, according to Chinese state news agency Xinhua.
    It elicited a positive response from US President Donald Trump, who said there was now a "good chance" of denuclearization by North Korea.

But are Trump, Kim and Moon talking about same thing when it comes to North Korea giving up its nuclear capabilities?

Denuclearization: What the US and South Korea mean

Over the past decade, denuclearization in North Korea has only ever meant one thing for the United States and South Korea.

Lord, Help America! Trump is being set up. He's in over his head. Kim Jong Un is playing Trump. His economy is poor, the test mountain of rockets collapsed, and he's buying more time to regroup. Someone should tell Mr. Trump. CM

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:
    Some on CD said recently that President Trump is successful and effective in his office. Is this a confirmation or a fluke? Is Mr. Kim Jong Un playing Mr. Trump or is he coming to his senses? What are we to make of this recent moves? Is this a victory for Trump or KimJong Un? What say ye? CM

I think that so far what we are seeing is positive. If the Korean war officially ends and they truly are denuclearizing, that is an amazing feat!