Inside Syria's 1,500-year-old Christian community

Comments

• Mitchell
    Mitchell Posts: 668

Syrian Christians return to ancient Maaloula: town is symbol of Middle Eastern Christianity

• Mitchell

Syria's Christians Fear For Religious Freedom - Aleppo From Resistance to Victory

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Thanks Mitch for sharing this. A bit of good news, tonight; the UN announced a 30-day cease-fire. Let's pray it holds and leads to a greater peace. CM

• C Mc

@Mitchell said:

Mitch,
    "Christian female fighters" take on IS in Syria? What's going on? Where are the men? My heart hurts to see this. Can the Americans help? CM

• Mitchell
    edited February 2018

@C_M_ said:
    A bit of good news, tonight; the UN announced a 30-day cease-fire. Let's pray it holds and leads to a greater peace. CM

Wow, I had not head that! Thanks for sharing! Yes, I will continue praying

@C_M_ said:

@Mitchell said:

Mitch,
    "Christian female fighters" take on IS in Syria? What's going on?

This is a sad turn of events

• C Mc

Mitch,
    The people in the video clip looks so innocent in such a troubled place. They look like they can use a hug. How does one hug a country over the miles? Hearts go out the people of this community.

Given the age of this community, are there any biblical archaeological sites being excavated or have been identified? If so, what are the world's Christian Communities are doing to preserve these sites? CM

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

There are many ways! Pray, but also go. For example, even people from 3rd world countries are going to help Syrian refugees. A young girl I know who earns perhaps a thousand dollars a year, saved her money, got a little help from her church and spent a couple months doing just that. You can go do something! You can actually hug them!

• Mitchell

@C_M_ said:
    are there any biblical archaeological sites being excavated or have been identified? If so, what are the world's Christian Communities are doing to preserve these sites? CM

You ask some great questions! Yes, there are some archaeological sites as well as manuscripts in syria. Some have been taken out of Syria like the Aleppo Codex, but there are still probably a lot of historical items yet to found in Syria.

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Believers were first called Christians there.

• C Mc

More killings, after the announced "ceased fire." Sad! CM