LGBTQ+ WHAT DOES the Bible SAY

Just trying to see what the Christian community thinks about this.

Comments

• Logos Bible Study Search for (bow NEAR clouds) OR (God NEAR (wrath OR heart)) OR (heart NEAR deceitful) OR (sexual NEAR immorality) OR (detestable NEAR thing) OR (good NEAR shepherd) finds 269 verses to consider in Biblical context: e.g.

Genesis 9:1-17 LEB =>

And אלהים God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. And fear of you and dread of you shall be upon every animal of the earth, and on every bird of heaven, and on everything that moves upon the ground, and on all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they shall be given. Every moving thing that lives shall be for you as food. As I gave the green plants to you, I now give you everything. Only you shall not eat raw flesh with blood in it. And your lifeblood I will require; from every animal I will require it. And from the hand of humankind, from the hand of each man to his brother I will require the life of humankind. “As for the one shedding the blood of humankind, by humankind his blood shall be shed, for אלהים God made humankind in his own image. “And you, be fruitful and multiply, swarm on the earth and multiply in it.” And אלהים God said to Noah and to his sons with him, “As for me, behold, I am establishing my covenant with you and with your seed after you, and with every living creature that is with you — the birds, the animals, and every animal of the earth with you, from all that came out of the ark to all the animals of the earth. I am establishing my covenant with you, that never again will all flesh be cut off by the waters of a flood, nor will there ever be a flood that destroys the earth.” And אלהים God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I am making between me and you, and between every living creature that is with you for future generations. My bow I have set in the clouds, and it shall be for a sign of the covenant between me and between the earth. And when I make clouds appear over the earth the bow shall be seen in the clouds. Then I will remember my covenant that is between me and you, and between every living creature, with all flesh. And the waters of a flood will never again cause the destruction of all flesh. The bow shall be in the clouds, and I will see it, so as to remember the everlasting covenant between God and between every living creature, with all flesh that is upon the earth.” And אלהים God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I am establishing between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.”

Thankfully natural rainbows in the clouds remind me of אלהים God's covenant that faithfully continues.

Leviticus 18:21-30 LEB =>

“ ‘And you shall not give any of your offspring in order to sacrifice them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your אלהים God; I am יהוה Yahweh. And you shall not lie with a male as lying with a woman; that is a detestable thing. And you shall not have sexual relations with any animal, becoming unclean with it; and a woman shall not stand before an animal to copulate with it — that is a perversion.

“ ‘You must not make yourself unclean in any of these things, because the nations whom I am driving out from your presence were made unclean by all of these. So the land became unclean, and I have brought the punishment of its guilt upon it, and the land has vomited out its inhabitants. But you (neither the native nor the alien who is dwelling in your midst) shall keep my statutes and my regulations, and you shall not practice any of these detestable things (because the people of the land, who were before you, did all these detestable things, so the land became unclean), so that the land will not vomit you out when you make it unclean just as it vomited out the nation that was before you. Indeed, anyone who does any of these detestable things, even those persons who do so shall be cut off from the midst of their people. Thus you shall keep my obligation to not do any of the statutes regarding the detestable things that they did before you, so that you will not make yourselves unclean by them; I am יהוה Yahweh your אלהים God.’ ”

Psalm 14:1-7 LEB =>

The fool says in his heart, “There is no אלהים God.” They are corrupt. They do abominable deeds. There is none who does good. יהוה Yahweh looks down from heaven upon the children of humankind to see whether there is one who has insight, one who cares about אלהים God. All have gone astray; they are altogether corrupt. There is not one who does good; there is not even one. All who do evil — do they not know, they who eat my people as though they were eating bread? They do not call on יהוה Yahweh. There they are very fearful because אלהים God is with the generation of the righteous. You would put to shame the plan of the poor, because יהוה Yahweh is his refuge. Oh that from Zion would come salvation for Israel! When יהוה Yahweh returns the fortunes of his people, Jacob will rejoice; Israel will be happy.

Jeremiah 17:5-11 LEB =>

Thus says יהוה Yahweh, “Cursed is the person who trusts in humankind and makes flesh his strength, and turns aside his heart from יהוה Yahweh. And he will be like a juniper in the wilderness, and he will not see when good comes, and he will dwell in the parched places in the desert, in a land of salt flats, where no one lives. Blessed be the person who trusts in יהוה Yahweh, and יהוה Yahweh is his trust. For he will be like a tree planted by water, and to the stream it sends its roots, and it will not fear when heat comes, and its leaves will be luxuriant, and in the year of drought it will not be anxious, and it will not cease from the bearing of fruit. The heart is deceitful more than anything else, and it is disastrous. Who can understand it? I, יהוה Yahweh, examine the mind, I test the heart, and give to each one according to his way, according to the fruit of his deeds. Like a partridge that hatches eggs it did not lay is one who amasses wealth without justice. In the middle of his days it will leave him, and at his end he will prove to be a fool.”

Knowing the deceitfulness of my own heart has me prayerfully asking Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God to help me ❤️ Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God with all of my heart (emotional), all of my mind (mental), all of my soul (social), & all of my strength (physical). I need to worship (spiritual) Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God with all of me. My primary struggle is ❤️ Loving myself as Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God ❤️ Loves me so I can ❤️ Love others as myself, which shares Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God ❤️ Love.

Matthew 15:1-20 LEB (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) =>

Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem, saying, “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat a meal.”

So he answered and said to them, “Why do you also break the commandment of God because of your tradition? For אלהים God said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and ‘The one who speaks evil of father or mother must certainly die.’ But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or his mother, “Whatever benefit you would have received from me is a gift to אלהים God,” need not honor his father,’ and you make void the word of אלהים God for the sake of your tradition. Hypocrites! Isaiah correctly prophesied about you saying, ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far, far away from me, and they worship me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

And summoning the crowd, he said to them, “Hear and understand: It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth — this defiles a person.”

Then the disciples came and said to him, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”

And he answered and said, “Every plant that my heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted. Let them! They are blind guides of the blind. And if the blind guide the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

But Peter answered and said to him, “Explain this parable to us.”

But he said, “Are you also still without understanding? Do you not understand that everything that enters into the mouth goes into the stomach and is evacuated into the latrine? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these defile the person. For from the heart come evil plans, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, abusive speech. These are the things that defile a person. But eating with unwashed hands does not defile a person!

John 10:1-18 LEB =>

Truly, truly I say to you, the one who does not enter through the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up at some other place — that one is a thief and a robber. But the one who enters through the door is the shepherd of the sheep. For this one the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. Whenever he sends out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. And they will never follow a stranger, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” Jesus told them this parable, but they did not understand what it was that he was saying to them. Then Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All those who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep do not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters through me, he will be saved, and will come in and will go out and will find pasture. The thief comes only so that he can steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand, who is not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf approaching and abandons the sheep and runs away — and the wolf seizes them and scatters them — because he is a hired hand and he is not concerned about the sheep.

“I am the good shepherd, and I know my own, and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father, and I lay down my life for the sheep. And I have other sheep which are not from this fold. I must bring these also, and they will hear my voice, and they will become one flock — one shepherd. Because of this the Father loves me, because I lay down my life so that I may take possession of it again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down voluntarily. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take possession of it again. This commandment I received from my Father.

Sheep stink. Sheep do not take clean themselves. Sheep need still water for drinking. Thankfully Jesus is the good shepherd, who truly knows how each sheep stinks (unrighteous sin choices) along with how to lovingly cleanse from unrighteousness to become Holy as אלהים God is Holy, but Jesus requires that each sheep wants to turn away from sin choices (repent) and wants Jesus to be Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God for unrighteous cleansing. Thankfully my eyes have seen 10:10 many times to remind me of Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's abundant Joy intetwined with Holy fruit. Thankful Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God uniquely has three voices in one, which are worthwhile to hear and obey.

Romans 1:18-2:16 LEB (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) =>

For the wrath of אלהים God is revealed from heaven against all impiety and unrighteousness of people, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what can be known about אלהים God is evident among them, for אלהים God made it clear to them. For from the creation of the world, his invisible attributes, both his eternal power and deity, are discerned clearly, being understood in the things created, so that they are without excuse. For although they knew אלהים God, they did not honor him as אלהים God or give thanks, but they became futile in their reasoning, and their senseless hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal אלהים God with the likeness of an image of mortal human beings and birds and quadrupeds and reptiles. Therefore אלהים God gave them over in the desires of their hearts to immorality, that their bodies would be dishonored among themselves, who exchanged the truth of אלהים God with a lie, and worshiped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed for eternity. Amen. Because of this, אלהים God gave them over to degrading passions, for their females exchanged the natural relations for those contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, abandoning the natural relations with the female, were inflamed in their desire toward one another, males with males committing the shameless deed, and receiving in themselves the penalty that was necessary for their error. And just as they did not see fit to recognize אלהים God, אלהים God gave them over to a debased mind, to do the things that are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greediness, malice, full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malevolence. They are gossipers, slanderers, haters of אלהים God, insolent, arrogant, boasters, contrivers of evil, disobedient to parents, senseless, faithless, unfeeling, unmerciful, who, although they know the requirements of אלהים God, that those who do such things are worthy of death, not only do they do the same things, but also they approve of those who do them. Therefore you are without excuse, O man, every one of you who passes judgment. For in that which you pass judgment on someone else, you condemn yourself, for you who are passing judgment are doing the same things. Now we know that the judgment of אלהים God is according to truth against those who do such things. But do you think this, O man who passes judgment on those who do such things, and who does the same things, that you will escape the judgment of אלהים God? Or do you despise the wealth of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of אלהים God leads you to repentance? But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart, you are storing up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and of the revelation of the righteous judgment of אלהים God, who will reward each one according to his works: to those who, by perseverance in good work, seek glory and honor and immortality, eternal life, but to those who act from selfish ambition and who disobey the truth, but who obey unrighteousness, wrath and anger. There will be affliction and distress for every human being who does evil, of the Jew first and of the Greek, but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and to the Greek. For there is no partiality with אלהים God. For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous in the sight of אלהים God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous. For whenever the Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature the things of the law, these, although they do not have the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written on their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts one after another accusing or even defending them on the day when אלהים God judges the secret things of people, according to my gospel, through Christ Jesus.

Human choice what to ❤️ love most is shown by personal actions and words.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Searching
    Searching Posts: 24

That's what I thought. Everyone afraid to tackle it except Keep Smiling it appears. It seems we are doomed.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Searching posted:

That's what I thought. Everyone afraid to tackle it except Keep Smiling it appears. It seems we are doomed.

I'm skeptical that the fate of what you call "the Christian community" can accurately be divined from the responsiveness of the handful of active CD posters to your inquiry about the Bible's response to LGBTQ+ issues.

• Searching
    Searching Posts: 24

Of course, I was just trying to get some response. I was wondering how many people would come out of the shadows. Sadly, not many, but I understand why.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Searching posted:

Of course, I was just trying to get some response. I was wondering how many people would come out of the shadows. Sadly, not many, but I understand why.

Issues few are willing to tackle. A Christian community seemingly "doomed." Posters sadly unwilling to "come out of the shadows." Given such posting dysfunction in this small piece of the Christian community, perhaps a more productive course would be for you to share your own views on the subject raised in your OP as an invitation to us shadow dwellers to respond. Granted, no one might accept your offer, but I can't imagine you'll achieve any worse outcome launching the discussion yourself than you will with the dour, melodramatic critiques you've offered so far.

• In The Law.of God it clearly states that any forn of sexual relations between man and man is a sin worthy of judgment and death....LEV.18:22 (many other places including "...the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners..."-genesis 13:13)

In the new testament Jesus confirms the just punishment of fire and brimstone from God upon Sodom, while also stating that they would have remained to this day if they had witnessed His mighty works........much as Nineveh had REPENTED at the preaching of Jonah...........more tolerable forsook in the day of judgment than for the one who has the witness of Jesus and yet repents not from sins...

Paul confirms that homosexual behavior is a result of deviant lust that come from abandoning God in our knowing of things...Roman's 1-2

SIN is defined same way in old and new-

Lev. 4:22, 5:17..."...has done anything against the commandments of The Lord..."

1 John 3..."sin is the transgression of The Law.."

There are depths to sin...levels of progression into a state that becomes "worse and worse"..but any single sin, when unrepentant of when seen (shown) is aid by The Word to be worthy of death, and is a sin that the blood of Christ cannot help- since REPENTANCE FROM SIN is the foundation and basic principal of our BEING IN Christ- Hebrews 6:1-8

This is important to understand about sin. "SO THAT SIN MIGHT BECOME EXCEEDINGLY SINFUL".......The problem with forsaking God's knowledge in our own way of knowing (Roman's 1), is that it leads to self justification....no matter what sin we are committing we will be OK, because we do not look and examine our deeds and OUR Knowing of the subject through the only tool God gave us for KNOWING THE TRUTH (His word).

The Bible is very clear in its answer to LGBTQ community- you are living in deviant lusts as a result of sin....repent and turn to God through the offering and gift given out of love for you- Jesus Christ-- the atoning lamb of God that will wash you and present you unblamable through REPENTANCE UNTO SALVATION.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Do not be deceived, neither fornicators.........nor abusers of themselves with mankind [sodomite...i.e. homosexuals] will inherit the kingdom of God.......

Such WERE some of you but you ARE washed...."

• Sorry for the typos....cell phones are difficult to type on for me....next time I'll be sure to read thru thoroughly before posting.

• Pages
    Pages Posts: 328

@RickWP77

Sorry for the typos....cell phones are difficult to type on for me....next time I'll be sure to read thru thoroughly before posting.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Amazing work from a cell phone. I'm certain everyone will be looking forward to future posts from you.